Why is Valve seen as the company closest to it's users by mindless drones when their support is probably the more...

Why is Valve seen as the company closest to it's users by mindless drones when their support is probably the more desensitized, less humane non-outsourced support ever?
I swear I got better support by EA than Valve, everytime I have a problem with Steam I only get robotic answers like "We can't help you, thank you for your feedback" and it's driving me mad.
They actually got an F by the BBB last year because of this and they still didn't change anything about it, is it just a money issue for them? Do they just see this as not profitable enough to fix it?
I remember the days where you could call a video-game company and get help about the game in real time by an actual developer.

Other urls found in this thread:

adult-sex-games.com/kill-la-kill
steamcommunity.com/app/33220/discussions/0/828925849318694376/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, I made a typo, I should be hanged.

yup

Always amazing to see one of these happening in real time

Valve's PR and support is shit

That's not even smug enough.

How's this for smug?

user you can't drop heavy shit like that so suddenly.

9/10 smug

0/10 smug - not even a real smug anime face picture

8/10 smug

wew
ewe
wew

Writing something on a blank picture doesn't make it real user.
;-;

Also

It's ok user. You're safe here.

(checked)

A van has been dispatched to your house for distribution of counterfeit smug/10

lmbo @ normalfags and their shit memes

Cry me a river.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

It no longer works brah

What are you going to do? Not use steam?
This is the problem, they are to big with no competition. Where else is the average consumer going to go? Who cares if a customer is mad? We have 100 other idiots who will eat our shit because we are the only guy on the block sellin for miles.

I have no idea why people worship Gabe the Jew.

But they do. It defies logic.

Who's the cumdumpster?

adult-sex-games.com/kill-la-kill ;^)

You fucking nig nogs, Holla Forums was shilling gabe and valve before Reddit was even a thing.

k.

I am not talking about the last 3 days or Holla Forums you nig nog.

Lets roll.

Needs an update, its so outdated

rolling

Holla Forums was never one person.
Even when anons were making the birthday card for gaben there were many anons who were saging the threads and calling them faggots for using Steam.

rolling

Fuck you man, I haven't had my question answered.

what the fuck is going on in this thread

Time passes.

Good people become bad, good companies become bad.

That Holla Forums worshipped valve and gaben before PCMR was a thing, I'm not going to argue. I did as well.

But times change, and now Valve is the villain.

Now do you have an argument against OP or not ?

Whhyyyy

Majority was clearly supporting him. Who do you think started all those half life memes? It surely wasn't Reddit, those faggots didn't even play Half Life.

I have never created a thread so quickly and so completely hijacked.
I know it's not a great base for a thread but I genuinly wanted to start some kind of discussion.
The worst thing is that people are still bumping it.

rolling

iqdb will help you with this and most of your future requests.

Get off your lazy ass.

My point is those who still love him are stuck in those days. Also it's kinda hypocritical to hate them so much when this place started this trend.

They didn't become the biggest PC gaming service by providing good customer support.

Their financial people probably looked at it and realized it's a waste of money and resources to do anything other than the bare minimum. Provide avenues to let the users help each other instead.

Do bad guys eventually become good?

No they just become less bad which is why people think they become good.

roll.

The store you bought the game, the launcher/game library, the servers, the game itself, the modding community and general discussion can all be from/hosted by the same company.
Valve's vertical integration means they fill more rolls in a person's gaming life than other companies, so they are closer to the consumers in a real sense. Even if their support is shit the customers are still interacting with them constantly.

They kind of did though, they were one of the best company for that, the all "we have no boss and we are listening to users" were there shtick and they slowly started to dive and then in the last 2 years they ruined it to the ground with the way they infantilized the users and yet they are still seen like it's fucking 2004.

fug

but how hard IS it to derail Holla Forums threads really?

too far back, they were seen as complete shit in the beginning because it was a horrible cludge tacked onto CS that made playing way more of a hassle.

Well Valve basically started bad and then turned good and managed to get worse afterwards.

They started with forcing people to use steam. Steam was totally shit when it got released back then. They improved steam, started offering good sales and after that they turned into total jews.

have they actually changed gears to do something markedly more worse? Vertical monopolies are already pretty jewish.

The steam sale memes carried over even after they started being shit.
It's from people who only joined steam and pc gaymen in the last few years and don't know how how much better it used to be before greenlight, emarket and profile-levels/badge epeen shit or don't know how it detracts from the service.
And these things will probably never been taken off after being implemented since it makes money, valve mitigates quality control to the "community", and epeeners will cry if they cant show off.

Every thread about no man's sky gets hit hard with 'LEL POST YFW WHEN SEAN MURRAY SUCKS YOUR DICK' and no one sages, and the thread gets buried pretty fucking quickly thanks to bump limit.

The thread about Brian wu's game got derailed faster than hijacked cargo freighter and dissappeared to the bottom of the catalog and yet somehow shit about bioware remains largely on topic (possibly because EA plans to axe them anyway so they dgaf).

typing Sage in the email field is literally all you need to do before posting and your post won't sink the thread with irrelevant shitposting

Keep it relevant to the thread or fucking sage, literally that simple
and don't even think about replying to this without saging you fucking corporate shill faggot

They did a lot of bad things, I just don't feel like naming all of them right now. I few things I can name is new accounts being limited, you now have to spend like 5$ to get a full acc. The new profiles and badges are nothing but a waste of money. You don't have that much privacy anymore, people can tell which games you own and shit even if your profile is private. And new games get balanced around noobs. Also they enabled microtransactions and made them easier for people. Games like chivalry would probably never get microtransactions if Valve didn't push it.

Does anyone have that screenshot of the steammarket with people saying shit like "don't read reviews just buy"?

That list seems like some rather weak to nonexistent grievances compared to the part about the monopoly.

yes but they didn't abuse their monopoly, they were really friendly back then apart from the fact that their support always sucked. Imagine EA or Ubisoft being in their position, they would have fucked up way harder.

Or just compare them to shit companies like nvidia, they don't have a monopoly yet but they are already acting like total bitches.

The situation was never wholly acceptable to begin with though, even without active abuse. I just don't see how requiring $5 to shitpost on their garbage forums somehow makes it less palatable.

If I've already compromised and allowed the whims of one company to control my access to a digital license to use games I'ld like to actually own a copy of instead, that seems irrelevant.

My biggest beef with Valve fans is that their mentality is really cult-like. They literally can't understand how someone could not like TF2 or Dota 2, if you dislike either it's haram.

but disliking tf2 pre-hats is haram

Been a steam user since 2004 with 161 games in my library and have never, not once, had an issue where I needed to contact customer service. Yeah, ((gaben)) might be a fat fucking faggot, but the company has their shit together pretty well.

That said, getting an F from BBB means a very small segment of the user base getting fucked pretty hard. Somebody call Varoufakis.

To actually answer your question:
Valve is respected only because it made a few pretty decent games and actually got the first big digital distribution platform running, in which they first ran big sales which got most of the core gaming community on board.

These days the sales are all meh, and usually just an indicator that the game is no longer being played (thus usually not even worth buying, even if it is very cheap).

The customer support from valve was never good and never improved; this is because valve is stubborn and wants customer support to actually help the user. They've stated that they don't hire people solely for customer support; since that usually results in people that don't actually try to help customers, just people that try to make customer complaints stop.
That's not to say that valve's current customer support has eventually derailed into the same thing anyway, but the original argument for it was a decent one.

What valve needs is to stop being so fucking shit and just hire & setup a god damn PR department. There's so much drama going on in the dota/csgo community in regards to valve not responding at all; and all of it could easily be fixed by simply having one person actually have it as a job. But Valve wants to exclusively hire developers and not actually invest in PR, which is fucking retarded. Its the entire horizontal hierarchy thing they setup. It doesn't work and turns into cancer very quickly, and in case of Valve, it has.

t. Valve shill

I dislike both but I have 300+ games on steam

Not hard.

The only time I've ever contacted support was like 10 years ago when I wanted to play half life from the cd but it wasn't working because it didn't recognize that the cd was in the drive when I tried to launch the game. I remember they weren't helpful at all but I eventually figured out that I could put the cd key in steam and they gave me all the expansions and DoD and CS. I can't remember but I think they might have even included the source versions.

Greatest smug coming through.

I didn't have a issue with steam too for a very long time, but at some point you will run into it.

I had to contact steam because they literally sold me a banned splinter cell conviction cd key.

You see this shit? steamcommunity.com/app/33220/discussions/0/828925849318694376/ all these guys got a banned cd key that causes us to not be able to play online.

We had to contact support for a new cd key and it took months to get one. After that multiplayer finally worked but nobody was playing online anymore at that point.

I'd say more they can't understand how someone could not like Steam in general.

Some people are simply new to gaming and missed the good days. The 32 year old guy who just got a computer and never played games before is going to be happy with shit like cod or bf. And the 15 year old guy who just got into steam will love Valve for "free" games like Dota 2

Set up people to be degenerates and they comply.

Fuck off coward.

you don't need the quotes, there's no monetary value for your dignity

My point is Valve offering it for free does not mean that they do it because they are good people or because they have our best interest in mind but because they make a shitload of money.

The number one counter argument that people give you when you say that dota is shit is that it is a free game. They may offer it for free, but they ear a shitload of money from that game.

Choukai from Kancolle.

I pay for comfortable gaming and I get one.
EA can fuck right off.

It's a non-argument on par with "current year".