Whats with all the TF2 shilling lately?

Whats with all the TF2 shilling lately?

I know the games apparently in a bad way after its last attempt at an esports event only got 7k viewers, its youtube e celebs are all dropping it and its attempt to compete with waifuwatch with a competitive mode broke the fuck out of it. I get that. Games had a good run and its dying, the world keeps turning.

But why are people trying to shill this redditcore game on Holla Forums? and why now? Is it just desperate valvedrones trying to push some groundswell hoping it will pull a CSGO if they viral it themselves and do it for free?

Surely there comes a time when your shitty game reaches maximum shit tier and you just let it go. Right?

TF2 needs to go back to being a
TEAM BASED SHOOTER
and not a hat marketplace.

Hopefully the lockbox child predation gambling debacle was a kick in the pants valve needed but i hear TF2 is now on a skeleton crew that doesnt even play the game.
I can't imagine any reason beyond 'i spent thousands on hats in the hatconomy' that would still see the current TF2 as a game worth defending.

There's already 2 other TF2 threads.

If you want an answer, it's probably because a few people played Overwatch and it was so shit it made them want to play TF2 again. That's what happened to me.

Overassfaggots was shit and people want back to TF2.

Please tell me you arent falling into the "i-its going to be like the good times again" crowd. Thats the same tier as people going back to WoW in [current year]

We should just play Fortress Forever.

I wasn't expecting it to be the good ol' days by any means. It's much worse than that but it's gotten better since I quit. It's decently enjoyable.

Threads about a game people are playing is shilling? News to me.

Next thing you know the Maplestory thread that pops up every once in a blue moon to play on a private server is actually shilling for Nexon, or a Metal Gear thread is shilling for Metal Gear Survive.

I'm responsible for the Team Fortress 2 threads. I'm not shilling it, I'm talking about a game I enjoy. How is discussion about video games shilling? Why do you then proceed to shill Overwatch? Holla Forums has really fallen now that threads about video games are being looked down upon. I apologize for not making a shitty template thread with dank memes and LOL in the header. You're pretty quick to scream Reddit, and it's quite suspicious when you act like one yourself.

Valve can suck my dick, and they're incompetent beyond all fathomable measure, but Team Fortress 2 is still an excellent game to this day. It's community is cancer but the core game is still there, and as long as I can play it and have fun I'm going to keep making threads, and other people that enjoy the game are going to post in them.

I play Fortress Forever on a near daily basis. It's quite good. It being dead is a meme, as it has a small but dedicated playerbase. You should join us sometime user!

Well i got my answer.

I'd love to join!
I can't navigate for shit though, Tribes has ruined me.

FF dont have medigun.

Yes shitty template threads that aren't about video games. That's what this board is full of. Quit being a meme loving fuck and open your eyes. Why are you people bitching about people posting in threads about games they enjoy just because you don't like them? You can post in another thread make one yourself, but god forbid people discuss video games on Holla Forums - Video Games! It's not like TF2 thread posters are "shilling" TF2 outside of their threads unless someone mentions the game.

RIP Tribes you were too good for this world. ;-;

Medigun is one of my favorite things about TF2. Medic is fun as fuck.

Only two people use goonspeak lexicon. Goons or newfags who dont know its goonspeak trying to fit in as they shill because they dont know any better.

May as well start throwing out 'pozzed' if you want to go full lowtax.

[VGH]

THIS IS NOW A TRIBES THREAD

It doesn't matter if it's goonspeak or not when it describes reality.
Fuck off. Pick a door, I don't care which.
>>>/4chan/
>>>/gaia/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/9gag/
>>>/suicide/

EYE Divine Cybermancy.gif

You said it brother.

I played in Tribes 2 days ago. here still 1-2 full servers with "fathers" who gona fill your ass with blueplates.

RIP Tribes

It's just people that prefer the game over Overwatch or simply just like it, nothing wrong with making those threads.
I'd rather have them start threads about a game they like then have them shitpost in other threads about games they don't like.
Though… It's a bit sad that they don't seem to be that popular and there's hardly any discussion in them.

It's ridiculous that the community is the exact oposite of the company that made the game. The only people that still care and play TF2 are the hardcore fans that have been playing this for literally years. There's posts of at least 2 guys with 5000+ hours clocked there. Everyone else kinda left the game for CS:GO or Overwatch or Dota.

Meanwhile at Valve, most employees are working on whatever else they feel like and nobody is bothering to work on TF2 anymore. There's bugs to fix and updates to make and someone has to do those so the few people that stick around to do it are instead the ones that most likely don't even like the game that much. People that don't even play it.

Honestly, one of these 2 sides should break up, this ain't a healthy relationship anymore. Either the fans break up with Valve and stop playing the game altogether or Valve breaks up with the fans and closes development entirely, maybe even put it up open source.

This. Your post explains it much better than my autistic ass could. It really is a shame what happened to this game, but I think all it needs is a little love, be it from Valve or from modders. I don't mean gay meme shit, I mean people actually producing quality content again. There are more people making solid Quake maps than there are TF2 maps, and it's quite a dilemma.

t. Quakefag

What happened to Tribes? It looked so refreshing with people skiing around the map, I never had a PC that could run it until now though.

You never had a PC that could handle Starsiege Tribes? Or Tribes 2?

I think he means Ascend.

What happened with Ascend was that Hi Rez didn't make enough cash as there wasn't enough things for people to buy, and they stopped development after a year. Then stagnated until 2015 where they made Out of the Blue which removed classes and most of the weapons from the game, no more perks either. It absolutely destroyed game balance, and now there's dipshits running around with a hitscancer pistol and NJ5B SMG, both of which are stupid fucking OP.
1.4 will be the final patch for the game. It's in PTS right now.

whatever

who here is looking for someone to que with?
near gold scout
looking for
another scout
2 soldiers
1 demo
1 medic

[VGCA]

Impressive. I'm a medic but i cant play on Drx9.