I'm glad we can all at least agree on this much

I'm glad we can all at least agree on this much.

Rem should be 64, as they're both a best.

Who the fuck are those broads

64 was the worst console of its generation

I haven't actually watched Re;Zero

Watch it when you're in a mood that'll let you tolerate extreme levels of despair.

It's nice, but a bit limited on how rewatchable it is.

Who are those

man i don't know shit about modern anime

it's the n64, playstation and the sega saturn

anime is trash kill youself

This.

Haven't watched anything made in the last five years that wasn't based on an older manga.

I just started reading berserk. So when's this griffith guy going to show up

I do not see the logic in wasting your time like this. You're reading a series which spans 38 volumes, doesn't get good until the 13th volume, and goes to shit by the 15th volume. Why not just watch or read something good that gets straight to the point and doesn't waste your time with hundreds of pages of garbage.

but all of the golden age is amazing, user

I'm not omniscient, I went into it blind. All of these 'villains who did nothing wrong' threads getting shit up by berserk fans arguing over some guy just made me curious. Also I like watching the artwork improve as it goes on

and there's probably hundreds of 12 episode series that you can finish in a day or two while getting much more entertainment out of it

Where does Felt play into this?

Think of it like video games. Used to have a lot of good stuff, but then most of the good stuff gets drowned out by mediocre stuff. While you could play the new good stuff, it's easier to guarantee you will like the older stuff better. I can't tell you that you will definitely like this show, but I can say that cobra space pirate is good. I like the show so far but at one point you will wonder why the Honda civic acted so stupid in court.

no?
no anime has ever done the golden age arc right
you just sound more and more like you don't know shit about berserk.

I wasn't talking about berserk, I was talking about anything but berserk

jaguar since she only appears early on and gets mentioned as essentially a throw back to the early part of the series later on

oh
well then good job droning on about unrelated shit

I don't watch your shitty gook cartoons, you queer.

No. Honda is fucking retarded and should stay dead. The fag brings everything on himself because he is so fucking retarded and can't think ahead. He bitches when he got outplayed and still thinks that he's the shit.
The fag still feels like the whole first life he had was real

Where the hell is Ferris?

best character
waifu shits outta way

hardly unrelated, I've been saying from the moment berserk was brought up that it's a smarter idea to invest in things that are more satisfying earlier on and don't waste your time.

alright i'll just watch reality tv then. thanks

So I'd like whoever the n64 is representing?

Is it actually depressing or is the main character that retarded?

The Golden Age is shit, shiiiiiiiit, overrated shit. The only really good arc is Lost Children, the beginning and Conviction are decent.

it's a mix of both. ae-86 does some dumb things but at the same time he's relatable and has his moments of triumph. Lots of nice character moments and utter heart break too.

There has been some good stuff, just people like to push the "all modern anime is shit meme"

From what I can tell it's both

Go fucking watch re:zero best shit /a/ seen in years.

Possibly a decade.

(and don't be faggots and realize the first ep is 40m cut in two half, don't watch just the first 20m)

he's a fucking retard but he tries his hardest and always fails.

eh? It's a nice show but you're pushing it. I think you need a bit more perspective, some amazing shows happened in the past 5 years let alone in the past decade. Madoka is an amazing show, Barakamon, lots more. Re:Zero is probably one of the best shows of the year, however. It's very much worth watching.

It is a lot like video games, in that people cherry pick good older titles and hold them as representations of the general quality of their time, rather than the exceptions they were.

/a/ get out!
only 2 episodes left

It's not depressing it's despairing, as in it deprives you of hope.
It's awesome.

I'll think about it, I'm not sure if I want to see a retarded MC after finally watching Chaika.

Who are these fluid druids?

I'm going to assume that you are only going to watch the anime. At episode 13 you will see how stupid Toyota really is. While Nissan acted really over the top for no real good reason, it was in the court that mazda brought out the stupid. While up to that point Yamaha was ok since he usually died by a certain point so his actions meant jackshit, he didn't die so Mitsubishi fucked up how he interacted with the half elf. Even though Suzuki couldn't explain the powers to her, he could at least not acted retarded when explaining why he did it.

He is a tard and a little bitch for the most part, I had to stop watching it after he made one of his biggest fuck up and his pussyshit cockold

Nah the manga had already ruined it for me.
Barakamon was great but it's clearly not meant for Holla Forums.

In the action category it buries everything sinceā€¦ a long long time.

episode 1 is the show in a nut shell. despair gets worse over time. give it a shot

Looks like ordinary meido crap to me. What the fuck is so good about it? I've probably already seen it.

Don't listen to all these other faggots user. Just keep reading, and form your own opinion.

Griffith shows up at the end of the Black Swordsman arc to tease the Golden Age arc.

The part you're interested in comes at the end of the Golden Age; where Griffith becomes either a major villain or hero depending on your perspective.

Nah, that shit would be nerve wrecking

hitsugi no chaika is pretty mediocre, especially the second season. Great fights and animation, but Chaika's meme factor kind of gives the show a greater presence than it deserves. Re:Zero is a very, very good show and I think by the time you finish the first episode (yes, all 40 something minutes of it) you'll be sold on it. This is a bit out of ordinary, because 25 episode shows usually take anywhere from 4-8 episodes to really sell you on it. Re:Zero kicks off rock hard by the time you finish the first episode.

eh? Madoka may not be a high intensity action show, but the moments of action it has are fitted in with some top notch animation and presentation. I look at it more like a show that capitalizes on intensely emotional situations, but honestly a lot of the animation in Re:Zero lacks weight. Thinking back to when Willhelm was slicing up the white whale. It looked effortless to the point it was uninteresting watching him run without a sense of friction cutting up the whale. It was cool in a way but it felt like it lacked a proper build up and a punch to the action he was taking. Much of the action in the show feels this way, but once again I think the show pays off more in respect to how it delivers those emotional gut punches

Sure.
Not sure about that.
No.
It's good for the previous two seasons, but other shows had more entertaining times than this one. This is just >what stupid shit will MC get into this episode.

He does try hard. Not in the right ways at times, but you can't blame him.

If you don't mind spoilers I can tell you how retarded this MC is.
Subaru turns down a girl that is madly in love with him AND WHO HE ALSO IS VERY CLOSE TO AS WELL for another girl, THAT DOES NOT EVEN KNOW HIM WELL NOR EVEN KNOWS WHY HE KNOWS HER

The Hero aspect doesn't come into it until Skull knight accidentally dragons and rape trolls.

At the end of the Golden Age Griffith is a shit.

And he will always be a shit who should die screaming
>Griffith apologists

I will never understand this. I sometimes project myself onto the MC, but that always fails when the MC is constantly is looking to get his dick wet by the always clueless girl.

They're just in there for the meme factor. Its like when the Joker tries to convince batman that everyone is as crazy as him(the Joker.) Thats the logic the griffith apologists work on when they embrace that fag wagger.

Yeah I heard season two, especially the ending, wasn't all that great but I like the main trio enough to endure it. I guess I'll give it a shot but what are my options other than HS?

Holy fuck that's retarded. This better be worth it.

Yeah, but Griffith apologists still justify his decision at the end of the Golden Age.
I also love that expression: "accidentally dragons" it's perfect.

This drove me up the fucking wall too.
Emilia is fine and all, but she doesn't seem like anything special to me.

Rem IS best girl.

i don't justify him doing what he does at the end of the golden age
i do think that 99% of his actions are more virtuous than Guts, though
and i also think he's the 'good' guy, as close as a character can be to that in berserk

I stopped watching the series when Subaru rejected best girl. His one-itis is too strong for me to handle. I'd honestly rather he pulled harem bullshit over outright rejecting a girl who is superior to Emilia in every discernible way.

Guts does his dirty work
He was pretty hype when Guts killed that kid

Griffith is not virtuous at all. He just does whatever he has to in order to obtain power, and part of that involves doing enough good to make everyone follow you. Griffith is Delita. He makes everyone else do all the dirty work, and then steps on them in order to become king.

Yes, that was in fact what I was implying.

and what has he done with that power, user

He did good? Maybe? It's still panning out, and he did bad in order to do it. I guess it comes down to how much you think the ends justify the means but I'm sure there's going to be a catch. There's always a catch. People seeing their dead loved ones? Really? Are we sure they're not getting sent to hell or something? We know where Griffith's power comes from and it's not exactly holy.

and what has guts done with his power

Saved a few people, accidentally got a few killed, and killed a bunch of bad guys? That said it's not like Guts had to sacrifice anyone for his power. He worked for it.

Which reminds me, he's killing demons or what have you that became commonplace immediately after Griffith seized power. Keep in mind these demons are raping, pillaging and ruling the lives of the common people who can't swing massive swords.

It's some strange curse on anime.

Emilia isn't at all special, outside of the whole princess thing and maybe some witch bullshit that seems to be brewing. I would love to find out that she is actually some sort of reincarnation of the white witch and she ends being the reason for Subaru having to go through all the shit he has been in
Rem is the best though. Faithful, even to trash like Subaru- also a fucking near unkillable demon.
Also, LOOK HOW FUCKING CUTE SHE IS HOLY SHIT MY HEART.

Emilia is literally the best girl