Would you want another side-scroller Zelda?

Would you want another side-scroller Zelda?

Not from the current developers at Nintendo, no. Zelda 2 is an amazing game to speed run by the way. I don't even know what they could do to make Zelda good again. Wind Waker was the last okay one.

Although I have to say there was barely any soul put into Skyward Sword.

I just want a Zelda game that actually tries to live up to the fucking bar the previous games set. Nintendo has stopped trying to make better sequels. All they care for is weird experimental games with the Zelda theme slapped on for brand value.

Fuck yes I would. Maybe Nintendo could make the side-scrolling Zelda game a Shiek spin-off like they said they've been thinking of doing. But then, if they made it an acrobatic Metroidvania there's even less reason for them to make another 2D Metroid game.

Not in their current state

why

I don't want Sheik, but Aonuma has said they've been thinking of ways to do a Sheik game, and Ocarina of Time was itself originally an attempt to remake Zelda 2 in 3D, so they are somewhat interested in going back to it at some point I think. Like many Nintendo ideas they'll probably combine the two if they do it at all.

I would love another 2D Zelda. Sword planting is some good shit.

But can we get some items into the mix this time, let's add the hookshot, boomerang, hammer and all that, a more combat and platforming oriented Zelda would be fun

Only if it's in the form of a mario maker-like game

You should try the Zelda 2 randomizer, that shit is fucking fun.

No.

Well I mean you can either make a game in the style of LoZ, or make on in the style of Zelda 2. In some ways Zelda 2 had some Metroid elements going on with the sword techniques and the spells

If it played just like it and was difficult, yeah sure.

None of the Zelda games are really bad. (outside of the two DS ones. Mainly due to the controls.)

It mostly just comes down to how long it takes for you to get tired of the formula A Link to the Past started. With that said though, Things started going into a slump after TP. Until until A Link Between Worlds came out.

I didn't know they had a randomizer for that.

Sure, how does Zelda Run sound to you?

I would want one more than I want Legend of Zelda Scrolls: Breath of the Skyrim. No overworld music included.

Seriously that game looks like ass.

Just do both top down and side scrolling like the GBA games did. As long as you can jump it doesn't really alter the control scheme too much.

*gameboy and gameboy color

End your life

Sure, i'd play the shit out of it. It wouldn't even need to be a LoZ game.

As a spin-off, sure. Sometimes spin-offs make for some good shit.

No no no! Not that Zelda 2 shit again! It didn't work once, it's not gonna work twice! I'd rather have another CD-i game instead!