For Gamers, By Gamers. Not anymore

archive.is/6cbLB

Interplay finally bit the bullet for now, they're selling all their IPs and assets. How much do you think you can honestly get some of the IPs for? I'm willing to bet you can buy Clayfighter for 20 bucks.

what a shame

Will we ever see him again, lads?

F.

I didn't know people had heard of that Doom clone

F

Hopefully Descent will be good again

This matters for what? At what point did you niggers start thinking sequels were a good idea? You fucked up.

So this is the second time they've shut down right? What did they even do this time around, get sued by cuckthesda?

You need to get some sleep or I'm going to report your faggot ass for avatarfagging.

Because you have fun in a game and sometimes you want more.

?
Am I missing something? What were they doing for the past 5 years?

Why were they not using these ips themselves?
Were they just coming into work and sitting around doing nothing expecting everything would be alright?

The fuck are you paying respect for? It's a company. They only care about what makes money.

I don't know how to feel

You faggots are sick in the head if you think they will ever give a fuck again until they start losing capital.

Wow that's so edgy of you

DUDE! You already got me banned once. I got 5 hours last night, but now its just coffee and nes emulator for hours and hours.

Some companies, especially in obscure years and with niche nature, actually did osme stuff for decent reasons
Not everyone was a jew back then, kid

All anyone can hope for is more AA studios, that are outside of San Fran or anywhere in Tokyo. Where equity is close enough for those sort of projects.

Fuck off with your jingoist bullshit.

Do you actually know what that word means or are you making shit up

No shit, fuckass. Interplay isn't one of those any longer.

maybe doug can buy back earthworm jim and make another game

Do you eat ass all day and not look up eventually?

Are you actually underage?
This site is only for people over 18

No I don't because I'm not a nerd.

Likely just another Mr. Shitface experience. Won't know how to actually run a business.

Yeah, well most threads have been ID+ recently. Because Holla Forums and /a/ are dead.

I'd like to think they can't, because they can't retroactively change the license that Volition distributed the code under and they never distributed other assets from the game. Could be wrong.

I'm more worried that someone will buy it, make a turd, and bury the chance of us ever getting a proper mission based spess game again, Freespace or otherwise.

You should feel worried, because no one on the planet is capable of handling the franchise responsibly, except the community.

Derek Smart in particular has shown interest in buying the rights to Freespace and eliminating all fan projects through legal action.

I can think of IP I'd like to buy that I'm sure is cheap.

That got me to rent a Playstation.

I recently picked up ReLoaded at a pawn shop. It was in a bargain bin for $1 because it was disc only. In the days of Tekken 2, I had many fond memories.

I'm never going to start a 3DO thread here. Too many spastic children.

At this point posting about consoles may as well be verboten thanks to all the /r/pcmasterrace faggots.

This isn't new.

Except, Amikrog was finished and released. Quality debatable. He's proven he can take Kickstarter cash and complete a game. Getting the right to Earthworm Jim back would be nice.

Get some fucking guff, you pussy. Stand up for yourself. If you're not just shitposting, make a fucking argument.

Stop talking at me about this. Holy shit. Do you think everyone is daft?

You should go to sleep, Damian. It's not our fault your life is soooooo hard

This is the same company that made Fallout BoS for PS2 and every game of theirs had that cancerous newsletter prompt.
They were prime time kikes back then to the point of releasing unfinished games and not patching them at all.

Is that a zombified Danny DeVito?

F

Selling the Descent games on GoG and Steam and refusing to pay royalties to Parallax software since 2007, which was right when they sold Fallout to Cuckthesda.

They haven't been for gamers by gamers for over a decade.

Is this the studio with the dev who kept a stockpile of 99 cent cheeseburgers sitting in his desk drawer, from which he would take one and eat cold when he had to stop working to eat?

It's been dead for a long time.

Libshits don't have any problem with shitting on lower class whites.

They said legends never die

oh man, oh god, oh man, please no, let those beautiful gems stay dead

Well shit Earthworm Jim is in there.. If I had cash I would buy some of these and see if the original creators wanted them to at least have, the industry may go to shit but the names of these games don't have to be tarnished.

Wait, Citizen Kabuto of video games is there too.
Fuck, just let them rest in peace.

Rest in pieces. I hope Bethesda and Gearbox treat you with some respect in death.

I'm pretty sure Earthworm Jim has already been tarnished.
There was 3D, and HD.
They put keyboard cat into EWJHD.

Not cool, man.

Guess I'll replay it before it gets modernized.

Who the fuck hasn't played redneck rampage! It's one of the best FPS level design wise of the doom era, only Duke is above.

Good times, I hope the IPs find good homes, truth be told.

Can anyone buy an IP? Or only companies and people with good relations to (((G-d's Chosen)))?
How much are they usually?

I have no knowledge on this matter whatsoever but I'm gonna say yes, anyone as long as you have the dosh.

Duke isn't really a doom clone, but It's the second best out of the Build games trio, with shadow warrior being the weakest out of that trinity

Holy shit. I remember that game!

It was really good, I remember playing it a ton as a kid. It sparked a lot of my interest in history.

I basically also get every game set in the colonial era now thanks to it.

This and giants were my first thoughts here.. I doubt any developer concerned only with shekels would want much to do with these titles since they only really had cult followings anyway.

These games were labors of love.. Anyone who recognises these ips should know that it's a niche market, but if done well then it could potentially revive the franchise or just provide normalfags a means of entertainment

Besides, if the game or any game turns out to be shit, then don't buy it and don't look at it - sales talk nigga

Where would you rank Witchaven on that list of build engine games?

below shadow warrior

>>>Holla Forums

Never mind, seems like Quicksilver Software owns the IPs, Interplay was just the publisher.

It shouldn't be Holla Forums's job to do that in order to stop companies from raping good ips that aren't even theirs.

companies doesn't give a shit about anything besides money, satan
they just want the name of the IP because it brings in old fans, at least in their minds and according to their marketers, and don't give a shit about creating something that is good as long as it brings in bags of money from the younger generations that never played the original games
and anyone on the development team that seems to care either gets fired or quits

Who will develop a sequel to Atomic Bomberman now?

Konami bought Hudson's IPs. Enjoy your Bomberman pachislots.

calling now. Bethesda buys all of it.

Turns Sacrifice into just another Elderscrolls rehash.

Takes Descent, gives it to ID, they turn it into nuDoom with Spaceships and ruin the multiplayer.

Earthworm Jim doesn't even get turned into a game, instead they just sell the rights to Disney or Warner to have it turned into a god awful CG Kids film.

They give MDK to Arkane and shoehorn it into Dishonored.

They immediately stop Freespace's GPL license and much like the Star Trek IP whore it out to every shit tier shovel wear developer out there.

RIP Interplay.

If everyone chips in a dollar we could probably buy one or two IP's

They're kikes because you dislike their font among other things?

I thought Interplay died years ago

via the Interplay forums

>For more information about Interplay's sale of intellectual property, please contact Joe Morgan at Wedbush Securities ([email protected]/* */), who has been engaged by the company to assist in this process.

You could most definitely crowdsource this to make it actually viable, its something I'd support if only to put the IP into the hands of the actual fanbase.

I'd imagine the IPs would go for a million or more. If they actually gave a ballpark though it could be crowdsourced.

Boogerman is too 90s kiddy edge to ever return, but at least the music was pretty cool.

she looked at me, i’ve seen her thoughts in her eyes
maybe she can’t really understand it even though she tries
so I, asked myself, how to tell it otherwise
that she can feel what I feel when I reach out for the skies

alright: “what I do is not just playing a game.
what I do is being proud and not just living in shame
it is not just a hobby, it is not just a phase
it is having fun, enjoying live just every fuckin day
It’s my way. It’s interacting, socializing, challenge.
it’s messing with a friend on xel naga caverns
it is esports, it’s suspense, it’s winning and failing
it’s sharing, it’s caring, it’s training, it’s gaming
it is a passion I have, I won’t change that for nothing
when I play with some friends its like the whole world is stopping
I’m huffing when you tell me that I am a freak
fascination for sports is just something antique
for me that’s unique, for you that seems weak
when I play every day every weak so to speak
it’s just me, I’m a geek, that is something I keep
And believe me, that game goes deeper than deep

It’s not a sacrifice
not a god damn joke
we’re not bad at life
we’re not god damn broke
we’re a union of souls
a union that rolls
we are people with heart we are people with goals
we don’t sacrifice a great part of life
and i really really don’t wanna be at strife
it is what I do
and I love it too
even if that may seem strange to you

i tell her just listen, you would really be surprised
about all the excitement these people can’t hide
they shine when they talk about their games and their passion
they just want understanding, they don’t need your compassion
that’s the same thing with me, I won’t hide who I am, never
just because those stereotypes say I am lesser
I am clever, but I would never declare me as something better
just because you like something I don’t or whoever
I endeavour to tell people that gaming is good
there are friendships developed that usually never would
cause when two people meet in a game they are equal
nobody cares for your color we’re all people
it’s evil that a lot still think we’re asocial
where else do you just meet strangers and get vocal
we’re in total isolation, that is what you believe
you are clearly mistaken, NOT in the least

It’s not a sacrifice
not a god damn joke
we’re not bad at life
we’re not god damn broke
we’re a union of souls
a union that rolls
we are people with heart we are people with goals
we don’t sacrifice a great part of life
and i really really don’t wanna be at strife
it is what I do
and I love it too
even if that may seem strange to you

you see, every man is different
some are just lazy and others are diligent
some like dogs, others like pigeons
some do not and others believe in religions
I like to play with some friends on a LAN
I like to embrace the person that I am
I don’t care what those people say don’t care why they try to hate
as long as they let me play my favourite game
I am what I am, I hope you like me for that
and don’t judge me for something that society lacks
fun, passion, friendship, goals
just enjoying your free time as a whole
you control what you like, and what you don’t
but if you never ever try how do you know it’s a no
there are a lot of people out there that feel there are holes
in their souls but they don’t know the reason for those
some find cure in a simple hobby like that
others, have more problems and don’t know where they’re at
we, take our controllers or the mouse on the mat
start the game, play on and there is no more lack

The fuck is this

Doesn't Interplay still own the Fallout IP but it was licenced to Bethesda or at the very least they own the rights to the name Fallout 5 Also 4 but Bethesda paid for that
If so someone buy Fallout 5's rights right now

Bethesda owns Fallout
Interplay owns Fallout MMO

Bethesda sued Interplay since they were selling Fallout 1 and 2 also stating the fact according to the agreement, that "Fallout MMO" is just an MMO called "Fallout", cannot contain any resemblance of Fallout

Interplay said they're breaching on the agreement, give us back the rights and we're totally making the MMO

Wasn't some THQ ip once sold for a couple thousand dollary doos?
Depending on the interest that it has, some of Interplays not well known IPs could be in the same range in the end.

No.

what else is new

that IP was all shit though, all the good stuff got taken by Gearbox (boooo!) and Nordic (yay!).

Earthworm Jim alone would be several million due to Merchandising potential. And given how well known most of their IPs are I really doubt will go cheaply since most of those are equally as good as Fallout was if not moreso as they're way more mainstream than Fallout was at the time.

If Sacrifice went cheaply I would go into debt for it just for the chance to make another one because its by far the most painful to see on that list.

Everyone in this thread.

Amen.

Descent 1 and 2 were absolute masterpieces and among my favourite games. I still play through the GoG versions every year.

Descent 3 had so much promise but just felt like utter shit to play.

Okay anons we've got trouble here. We could very much see some publisher buy the rights to Freespace and shut down Freespace Open.

Doug Tennaple Buys Back Earthworm Jim

You need already a company, or else would cost more to establish it than the price you'd pay on the IP

I think Blood has potential to be resurrected.

which company could buy and make Giants and Sacrifice great again?

If this is true then giants and sacrifice could be going reaaaaal cheap too.

What modern publisher has heard of these titles? What modern Dev is interested/has heard of them either? If the IP's are bought freelance, at least then we can rest easy knowing it won't be butchered for easy money by AAA

FUCKING THIS! DESCENT 1 AND 2 WERE THE FUCKING TITS

you're right, look at this beautiful specimen. Shiny made a game with a color palette comprised entirely of various shades of dark brown and green BEFORE it was the hip modern thing to do, truly they were ahead of their time and peaked too soon to get their due appreciation from the masses.

Blood is owned by Atari

So much for that dream.

a couple different companies, including Devolver tried to buy the rights, but Atari refused all and any offers on it
You know if it went up for sale, either Zenimax or Gearbox would grab it anyways

Time to publicly execute their CEO and board members.

[STRINGLESS MUSIC INTENSIFIES]

Interplay bought back Freespace from THQ for $7500

Kingpin 2: Life of FUCKER

This game was flawed, but it was the shit, great atmosphere, great weapons, and freaking sequel bait.

Sorry, did not mean to reply to

Does this mean the actual good version of Battle Chess will finally be released online?

What version is that?

This is the one game from any series where they slapped edge on it and it actually got better. Really good version of Bomberman, even had a hidden level editor if I recall correctly.

That game always reminds me Requiem: Avenging Angel. I really should finish both sometime… been almost 2 decades… fuck….

Man why can't we get shit like these anymore?

I really hope someone decent picks those up.

After seeing his Neverhood company flop, and Armikrogg fail harder than the Neverhood, you want to trust that hack to make an EWJ game?!

I honestly thought Interplay died over ten years ago. I had no idea they were still operating.

Wait a minute, Giants? As in Giants Citizen Kabuto? The jetpack bounty hunter and naked mages in that game was the shit, wasn't there a spiritual kickstarter sequel funded?

Did Devolver do something recently that I missed or what

They exist only on paper. The last actual devteam was shut down years ago.

They despise southeners.

Reminder that the original founder got his start by making a one man game and impersonating as an avid game enthusiast while also impersonating as a huge name developer and that game is called The Demon's Forge, later on in Interplay, he fucked off because TITUS grabbed it's claws on Interplay and made his own company Inxile Entertainment, which ironiclly when the company was fucked over by TITUS, is when the company went bankrupt+100

Reminder "Atari" (Who are really Infogames who bought the name to hide from their shit reputation) refuses to allow Tim Cain to release the Temple of Elemental Evil source code because it could break the DRM they no longer sell it with.

that shit was great

How much would Clay Fighter cost? Who could make a good (enough) Clay Fighter? KikeZ?

I'd forgotten this happened.

Wow. What a stupid move THQ.

The 3DREALMS financial plan.

I legitimately want another Clay Fighter but is there a team that would do it well?

Some ips are meant to stay dead.

Dreams can come true man. Clay Fighter has always been guilty pleasure of mine and the idea of a new one is pretty nice even though i know deep down it will terrible like every other reboot.

I'm so fucking done with this industry

THQ never really did shit that ever really made sense, even before they were going bankrupt.

I really have to wonder how 3D Realms managed to sucker publishers for the better part of a decade. Like how did not one publisher, even when the game was nearing a 5 year development cycle, say "This shit is taking way too long, we need to make money!"?

Like there's Driver 3/Alone in the Dark 2008 levels of overambition, and then there's possible not doing nothing and getting paid for it on top of that.

So, which company is going to buy Earthworm Jim?

I thought it was Driv3r.

Same game.

They only have 10 employees

I remember there was a kikestarter page with the original creators of Boogerman to make a sequel and failed miserably.

Fine, not a good time to be in the viddy game.

Shit, now that is distressing.

You're absolutely fucktarded. Go home chinky chonk.

Any user want to pony up some money for Freespace IP

If it were $7500 again, I'd actually do it.
I highly doubt that's the case, though.

Yea. Same here. I'm tempted to mail the guy to see if they are selling each individually and what the bidding process is going to be like.

Bet that nigger has already phoned up his lawyers.

Whats with the Devolver bashing lately?
Did some Holla Forumsacks see the Mother Russia Bleeds and think it presents Commies in a good light or something?

Are you sure you played the game? I somehow ended up with two copies (one in a double-pack with another game) of this abortion and I played it beginning to end just to be sure I didn't miss the part where it gets good, which simply isn't there. Face it, Shiny pulled a Molyneux, they overhyped, overextended and underdelivered. Game is trash and you know it unless you're literally brain damaged, it's time to take Dave Perry's dick out of your mouth and face reality kiddo.

Now go ahead and made another catty faggotass remark about gooks to deflect from the fact that you have no actual argument because you're literally incapable of defending your own shit taste.

i wanna play "battle chest" with that sexy santa sorceress queen

Not even the last rites

Holla Forums let's buy an IP.

They still exist?

And do what with it?

Yeah, sure. Let me set up a pay-pal account then I'll let you guys put all your money in it and I'll totally not steal it and flee to somewhere without extradition.

I don't have much hope for the Descent remake. Overload on the other hand…

I just wish some of the people from shiny rescue Earthwormjim and make a game with him once more

What the hell is Atari problem with that franchise? They just left it dead in a corner while any other company could do anything okay with it, atleast an HD remaster like Shadow warrior and Duke.

Shit I guess the Clayfighter sequel is canned now.

The CD-ROM version.

On the subject of Freespace: Unfortunately, even if Volition themselves got the rights, they wouldn't be able to make a true Freespace 3 with them. The current industry won't allow it. Anything they'd make would have to be made to work on consoles, meaning the mechanics would be tremendously simplified and FRED3 probably wouldn't even be a thing. Can't have players making free content when you want to sell DLC.

The best we can hope for is that Volition get the rights and, being aware of the above, do nothing with them and leave the community alone to continue their work.

oh shit

point at him and laugh

What happened to that faggot that WAS going to buy the IP of Earthworm Jim?
was it all a ruse?

I…. literally never heard of it before today and based on that one screenshot was able to guess its title.

It's in the pic name, maybe that's why.

It's for the better that this series stays dead.

It was a fucking ruse, the nigger played us like a damn fiddle.

Fuck off Keanon

Anyone else get off on seeing the queen get eaten?

Why do you want a Clayfighter movie, user?

I always liked how the cover art made it appear that she could very well be completely naked under her robe, which is further supported by the outline of her nipples being visible in the CD-ROM version.

4 u

Is one of you fuckers gonna buy an IP or what? Just let any publisher take them? Grab an IP and give it what it deserves the most, a peaceful death out of the hands of modern gaming.

We probably would if we had any idea on wtf all this stuff costs.

Why not do that with Kingpin? That would fit perfectly: you don't need profanity, gore, over-the-top macho men and bitches to have a Kingpin game! It's current year!

Too bad The Lost Vikings is not one of their IP but was merely published by them.
I would have loved to see another one, but Blizzard is just going to let them rot.

Or make it worse.

The Vikings were spared the miserable fate Diablo 3 suffered.

Didn't they add the Vikings to their shitty ASSFAGGOTS game?

I think so. They have also been in World of Warcraft like ten years ago.