Arcade thread

Arcade thread niggers.

Post and discuss your favorite arcade games, tell arcade stories, or whatever related to the topic.

How the fuck do i even emulate Killer Instinct, it never fucking works on Mame

Metal Slug was the best arcade game. Prove me wrong.

Dynamite Dux, Outrunnes, Battletoads and Splatterhouse.

It's shit and the amount of reused assets on each entry was ridiculous.

*Outrunners

Do some of you guys even have arcades anymore? I guess I've been lucky because the local mall is always crowded and has games like Tekken, Initial D, House of the Dead 2, Dark Escape 4D, it even had this Monster Hunter racer, but it controlled like shit and it had a notice taped on it saying "Don't grab the ears".

Those games are too modern. I prefer me some late 80s/early 90s stuff.

They don't have those anymore. Like the same arcade had games like some TMNT beat em up, the X-Men arcade game, the Terminator 2 arcade game, but those are replaced with some Crossy Road shit.

Tons, but they're all filled with Fast & Furious/Golden Tee/deer hunting bullshit except one which is in the middle of a forest

Monkey's paw.

Time Crisis 5 is cool, new guncon is lame though - vibration instead of blowback.

Not allowed in current year.

tell me more

If its in the middle of a forest how does it make money? Is it event well known?

Only played it a couple times, good game. The heart rate monitor betrayed my cowardice.

Anyone play Sinistar and get scared by his voice?

I can sadly attest to this. The arcade thats closet to me has OK games (Ghost Squad Operation WOLF instead of House of the Dead? Dirty Driving instead of Cruis'n or fuck, even Mario Kart? Fucking Terminator and Aliens over other shooters like Time Crisis?) but they're overshadowed by those.

It sucks.

Every arcade game I have played had been veiled by 15+ odd years of nostalgia and I'd have to get my ass to the Fun Spot in NH and play them all again just to argue properly.

Based on memory alone, Time Crisis 2 was pretty fucking good.

Speaking of arcade games, did anyone play some Megaman fighter, or this one 16 bit Sega game where you actually controlled it with this sort of bike thing? That was pretty cool.

Dont forget the cool wind effects. Shit was awesome.

Thats actually pretty clever.

Just fuck my shit up fam

Why do mobileshit machines exist? I thought part of the appeal of arcades was trying out new stuff, look at how those Mario Kart arcade games have different tracks and gameplay than the home versions.

jesus christ

Because how else will normalfags and the other trendy hipsters be convinced to go to arcades without having to play fighting games because then they'll be humiliated in front of people and thus lose cred?

Well, reminding them the game they play on their phones just does wonders!

I don't know but it's been happening to a lot of places I uses to frequent. The only really good arcades near me anymore are the ones you pay to get into via hourly rates and shit. While the vidya selection is usually quite nice, don't like having to spend that much to play a handful of games.

At least they left the KISS pinball machine alone, I do love some pinball once in awhile.

I played Punchmania: Fist of the North Star at 12 years old before I could truly appreciate what a gorgeous piece of work it was.

My best is 1-5, I always get nervous and choke on the second loop.

stepmania is pretty good

Guess the country

gookland
taiwan fuck
brazil shiter
the icey state of canada,
the shithole thatis called Malaysia, aka Cambodia because whats the difference
turkey

The real question is, how much money did we really waste on coin-ops back then? A shitload.

The very last coin-op I played was Tekken 3. We immediately went and rented a PS1 with the game, played to death.

malaysia. also wolfteams great, faggot.

Gonna have a blend of classics and good new stuff. Time cards instead of pay per play.

I will try to get an F-Zero AX Monster Ride cabinet.

The last one

Found the 11 year old. Try not to kill your mom by drowning her in debt.

nah I played it years back, never paid anything for it.its cs with more guns and werewolves and an incredibly enthused announcer. whats not to love?

DDR is one of my favorite pastimes at the moment.

One of the Malls on my city picked Temple Run as the best arcade game they have.

I once found a DDR machine that had a Lazy Town song on it, years after it stopped being a big meme

I was thinking about buying one of these here just to replay some old Time Crisis games via emulator but fuck me they seem way too expensive, $120 at least here.

Lately the only good arcades I've seen are at Disney World here in Florida. They've got some good shit in some of their hotels.

Past that, I've only managed to see the usual. Just the pizza place with a 3D racer, a crane game, and then if you're lucky something like Pac-Man.

oh boy

Power Battle and Power Fighters? Those are pretty neat. They're more of a boss rush game than a fighter though.

Too bad they got rid of Disney Quest, hope all those arcade games are at least going to the various hotels

I think that's exactly what they did, because the last time I went the arcade was much bigger than I remember it being. I could easily be wrong, though.

They had Mario Kart GP in there, and this sexy Namco compilation of a dozen or two classic games. The Namco machine was cheap as hell so me and my brother mostly just played Dig-Dug and Pac-Man all night. It was a good time.

I need to get into arcade games. How do I get started? I don't get which version of mame to use tbh.

If you want to play with other people, or can't figure out Mame, a good alternative is FightCade.

You can use FightCade to play alone, but its main draw is letting you join lobbies for games the way you would a fighting game at home.

Shit's fucking great.

Best fun I had in an arcade was a Star Wars rail-shooter that I would like to fucking play again, Raiden Fighters because planes, and METAL SLUG since I love all the sprites and little secrets like collecting alot of food will make your character fat.

Spent too much money on this in my youth.

Although I prefer Time Crisis 3, I've played 4 a shit ton. I want to try Time Crisis 5 but there are no cabinets in my country, unless there are any other ausfags who can tell me otherwise?