Ace Attorney Thread

Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice comes out tomorrow (or tonight at Midnight, not sure) for burgers.
Let's have an AA thread to celebrate.
someone buying Spirit of Justice please upload a .cia, I don't want to wait a week for freeshop to update

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/4960134/1/The-Rest-Of-The-Pieces
capcom-europe.com/contact
capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/09/08/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney---spirit-of-justice-is-out-now-court-is-back-in-session#comments
capcom-unity.com/ace_attorney/go/forum/view/7431/17591/general-aa-discussion
capcom-unity.com/ace_attorney/go/forum/view/7431/17571/feedback
twitter.com/Capcom_Unity
twitter.com/aceattorneygame
library.bcu.ac.uk/learner/writingguides/1.06.htm
wikihow.com/Write-a-Letter
wikihow.com/Write-a-Formal-Letter
goodletterwriting.com/formal-letters.html
forum.nichegamer.com/threads/ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice.751/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, why is the anime so fucking shit? I've never watched anything in my life more disappointing, anti-climatic and tone deaf in my entire life.

I don't get it

It was licensed rushed garbage that didn't even need to be rushed in the first place, unless Capcom was being that jewish with money going towards the anime. Feels like it's a test or they just didn't feel like giving them a good budget.

I wonder why Phoenix Wright isn't marketed towards a casual audience more, like Professor Layton was.
Even though I'm only onto the second case of DD it's pretty obvious in the change of writer. It was in Edgeworth, but that game was stellar. DD is good so far too, but there's just something different about it.
Rise From the Ashes.
Any Pursuit, be it in Phoenix, Apollo or Edgeworth. It has to be the best song to accompany seeing through someone's lie.
Tied between the first, Apollo, and Edgeworth 1. Haven't got around to emulating the fan translation for 2 yet.
Franziska Von Karma, or Ema Skye.
Deleted the first post because I posted without finishing it.

IMMERSION RUINED

Rise from the ashes
pursuit from trials and tribulations
Trials and tribulations
Ema

the girl is pretty smug

Turnabout Goodbyes
Turnabout Big Top
AA 1
Has to be Maya

IMMERSION RUINED

Wait what the fuck, there's a new AA game
Is it AA6 or some spinoff shit

What's the hype around AAI2? The translation is fantastic, but the cases are boring. 1 was good, 2 was okay/good, 3 bored me to tears, and 4 was alright. Is 5 great?

main series game

Bridge to the Turnabout
Godot did nothing wrong!
I'm gonna be a boring person and say Cornered Trials and Tribulations version
A tie between Ace Attorney 1 and Trials and Tribulations
Maya Fey or Iris

Trails and Tribes had pretty good music

J U S T I C E ?

==JUSTICE==

It'll be on Freeshop within 10 minutes of being released.

There are groups that just donate a dollar or two each, one of them buys and uploads the ticket in 20 seconds. Step it up, fam.

God damn it i will keep refreshing the eshop until i get this damn game, and then i'll never have to use that fucking thing ever again.

It's not?

Dual destinies was boring as fuck, though i liked seeing apollo, actually become a character, and not just be a mouth piece for Phoenix wright and his crusade against some sociopath..

Ok you triple niggers, tell me which AA girl i sexualize.

Jesus shit how did this slip by me

Well considering it's digital only again and capcom doesn't like to advertise non-street fighter/resident evil games, it's not very surprising it slipped under your radar

this and rainymood, while watching a live stream of kittens sleeping is the most comfy i have been in weeks.

also its 4 am here in EST burger land and no ESHOP release yet.

also whatever happened to that AA game a fan made where we get to make our own cases and shit?

Probably killed by C&D letter.

if you purchase this game don't forget to dump your titlekeys/cartridge as .cia

Pearl Fey
Pearl Fey
Pearl Fey
Pearl Fey

I didn't think AA would translate well into an anime anyway.

Farewell, My Turnabout
Embed related
Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Lana Skye

Rise From The Ashes, followed by Turnabout Academy
Gotta go with the classics. Cornered 1.
PW1. Dual Destinies would be on top if it weren't so easy and the investigations so passive.
Lana.

My fuckin' nigga

AA would need completely original cases just for the anime to work; copying the beats that were designed for a video game just doesn't work since a passive viewer can't feel the sense of challenge or accomplishment that's meant to accompany them.

I want to like Maya more, but in 2 and 3 the extra scenes felt like they forced her to be as destructive a ditz as possible who Phoenix only just pulls back. She was great in 1, though.

That's because Phoenix is kind of a ditz and basically a stand in for the player trying to half ass his way through cases, Edgeworth is an actually good detective/prosecutor or at least uses some fucking common sense as well as having a personality that is not as error prone, so any time he's in a goofy situation it feels funnier than when the goof himself is in a serious one.

It's out on Freeshop for EUR. Burgers will have to wait unless you don't care about region.

I don't think Phoenix is a ditz just for the sake of being a stand-in. I think it's a character choice and meant to reflect on the position of defence attorney. Keeping in mind the game's a satire of the Japanese judicial system where the defence almost never stands a chance. That and it ties into the idea of blind faith - Phoenix can be confident (and he's been very competent since AJ) but he still follows the conviction that Mia taught him to trust in his client to the very end.

Farewell, my Turnabout followed by Turnabout Succession.
Tie between Wanting to Find the Truth and Apollo's Cornered theme
AA3, but I've yet to play GK2
Obviously it's Lana Skye

While in the Apollo game he was too confident in the future though you could argue he was in turn about mode for years and if you do, you're retarded, I liked how in Dual Destinies Phoenix seemed more confident when playing as other characters. It's not even like you only seem him screw up or fumble within his thoughts.

Turnabout Goodbyes
Steel Samurai, actually it's probably the Cournered theme from the movie
Justice For All followed by Apollo Justice
Kristoph Trucy, Franziska, Regina a cute too

I take it we didn't get a physical release this time either? Fuck Capcom, first they shit up Monster Hunter, now they can't even sell me a 50 cent piece of plastic.

They ruined Pearl by making her tall. She is terrible now, they could have at least updated her outfit to match.

It's Franziska, right?

And the store space it comes with and that other mess.

Does Nintendo have the ability to delete digital games you've downloaded like other consoles/Steam does, or do they actually let you keep shit?

I remember reading this: fanfiction.net/s/4960134/1/The-Rest-Of-The-Pieces and being so enamored with it that i printed it out and kept all 200 (at the time) pages under my mattress so noone would know my shame. Then the asshole changed the name and it took 6 years to refind itI still can't not love it, it's that kind of guilty pleasure

I lied, it's on 3ds.titlekeys but not on Freeshop for whatever reason. JP version is there.

Yeah, you can delete games and reinstall them later.
You can also just become a pirate.

christ, finally I posted it right

Do you still have a copy of this under your bed right now?

AA3 final case
AA5 objection theme
maya

It makes sense because of how many years passed between AA3 and 5.

Is the English yarr out yet?

Damn game isn't even out on eshop yet.

I burned the old copy so noone would find it when I moved out. Now I have to decide whether to just print the complete story out, or to shell out for a proper "book" version from some on-demand printing company

gimme a tl;dr of that fanfic

After 'Trials', Phoenix and Maya go through a bit of awkwardness as they become aware that they can now legally fuck, with Edgeworth straight up telling Phoenix to tap that. Meanwhile, turns out with Maya's mom dead, Pearl's mom thinks it's a good time to start a powerplay to try and force Maya out of the inheritance and place Pearl in the position. Mia gets sealed so they can't rely on her and the last chapter I read had the two of them coming across the half-finished house that Maya's mom and dad were going to elope to in order to spare their kids all this family bullshit, with Maya cries in Phoenix's arms as he vows to bring the hammer down on every old bitch in the Fey family.

TL;DR Maya and Nick have awkward boners around each other, everyone else is telling them to fuck, and the Fey family continue to be evil.

Honestly, a lot of the small details are fuzzy, I only refound it a few weeks ago, and I still have to sit down for another full read through. Does it have plot conveniences? Hell yeah. Is it a pretty good facsimile of games style of writing? I believe so. read a few chapters, try it out.

I mean, on paper that doesn't sound bad.
Hell, you could cook up some good cases round it (and the shenanigans of certain rooms being sealed and certain things being a secret- and demanding them open for investigation throws political spanners into the works), even the idea of showing Maya growing older compared to just doing a time-skip makes things interesting.

But, it is fan-fiction.
If it was a comic I'd say story-time it so we can all laugh together if it was terrible (or genuinely enjoy it if it was good). Haven't read a fan-fic in years I remember some god-awful "Smash Highschool" that I thought was good when I was a little retard. I imagine it is not. It had Malon from Zelda as a power ranger/magical-girl using Bowser themed armor. Because of that one game where she has a bowser-shaped broach and I'm almost tempted.

That writing and that new faggy ass character really makes me want to kill myself

I haven't even finished the Layton one, I love the writing but damn the Layton gameplay is BORING AS FUCK

How do you guys get through it

This. Puzzles are great, kiddo.

I need to stop living under this rock

Best Phoenix Wright Fanfic was the one that was an Elite Beat Agents crossover
It was legitimately good and had the same sort of tone and length as an episode of the games would last you
I really need to find that one again

What the fuck user

I played all these fucking puzzles already
they're just variations of variations

It was fresh in Layton 1, but anything after that makes me want to kill myself

>Scuttlebugtt takes the stand
Is QPU misaligning illegal now?

Mia is the only correct choice.

There's this vid. Maybe it was based on that?

Yes it was, because that was the same song that played during the end, yeah. And IIRC the evidence is the same.

Dual Destinies is so shit I don't even know why I have hope for AA6, but here I am. I haven't finished vs Layton either, though that's infinitely better than DD.

Is this shit out on freeshop yet or what

Trucy and her magic panties.

So first thoghts so far
So far though it's much better than AA5, that game just felt like it was going through the motions until it was time for the big reveal.

Also there's quite a few references in the first chapter so far, not actual memes or shit like YOLO though, just some old catchphrases like "Heavens to betsy" or "Whatcha talkin' about, Pheonix"

Just finished the first case. Here's my thoughts so far:

Can honestly say this is probably my second favorite start to an AA game so far. Way better than Dual Destinies' sorta shitty first case. Still not as good as Turnabout Trump though. I'm on board to say the least.

How the fuck is it possible to like this series after the first game? The sequels feel little more than longer, drawn out, boring iterations on the first one.

I have no hope for it after DD but I'll read some reviews and cry

Is Phoenix a whiny scaredy cat in this game like in DD? Please tell me he isn't. PLEASE.

Dunno, after seeing the end, i think they took a little TOO much inspiration fro the first game Andistan'dindunuffing was basically mr sahwit but this guy was a metalhead in hippie's clothing. and not some random asian

Not really, see, the courts basically threatened to murder him if he became the kid's lawer and he still took the case

Yeah. Which is unfortunate, because I'll never buy a digital-only game. I would have been willing to give Capcom my money.

The Layton puzzles are generally too uninteresting to keep me interested, and there's not enough of a narrative to really get me invested in the games.

I enjoyed it, but I am not an impartial judge.

I dunno, I mean you're not wrong, but I feel the metalhead edge made him way better.

Not really. But I've only played the first case.

Slow, long, uninteresting, no real puzzle elements to solve, rehashing what the first one did (Maya's arrest), Maya being the only pertinent character I cared about, cases that don't know when the fuck to END

No, no I do not like them.

I can respect not liking 2, but not liking 3 is Major Heresy. Exorcise yourself, Iris.

No. Tell them to justify their runs with more adequate puzzles and less plotty asspulls and I might buy another Attourney game.

That's ultimately my biggest objection with the series. Each installment is actually stupid-quick on drying up your sense of player agency. You don't really solve the crimes, but instead convenient plot tickets fall in place in time enough to make it SEEM like you solved the case.

I don't know about this new one… I feel like they're straying pretty far from what made the first three great. I'll just watch it on YouTube I guess.

Welp.

Oh, just great. Fucking great.

became relevant fast

Time to learn Japanese.

Fucking no

either you suck it up or you learned jap when the original trilogy was still being made (which you didn't)

lel
Have you seen this guy yet? He curses a bunch in English in the Japanese version and I want to know what they did in the translation.

Oh fuck sake they were doing great in the first case as well. but like points out localization always had cancer in it so nothing new really.

He says crap and tells phoenix to burn in hell a lot. Caught me off guard having an Ace Attorney character swear as much as he did. Easily my favorite character in the game so far.

It's hit and miss with them, honestly
Layton 1 was great, but sometimes you just wish you could walk a meter without interacting with some cockney accent fag asking you to do some mental gymnastics.

The thing I hate about shit like is that this kind of translation invalidates all the fun I could get from knowing one of my witnesses is Rock Jesus. And it's not even because of the faggottry of adding made up shit like "microaggression", it's the fact that: if that made it in, what else did? How much did they fuck up the jokes or story?

I played the first game 5 years ago, it was plenty stupid, but it was survivable. Now at least I don't feel bad about never bothered to do the rest.

When it comes to anime there are some meme subbing going on with one or two fansub groups (not that most aren't dead now). No matter how much I hate the "official" streaming sites, even if they hire 3rd years in Japanese studies and often have not the best quality translation, at least they are trying to be fateful. I guess it is all about the perception of the consumer. The moment an anime gets dubbed the stupid shit starting showing up a lot. But with video games, it is complete cancer. I have even played fan translation of games that are just memes after memes.

Selling video games in the west was a mistake. Nintendo should have stuck with the Japanese market only.

Please tell me this is the same in the JP version and it's just worst girl being worst girl. Please.

He says something like "Whatchu talkin' about, Phoenix?"at one point.

Now to be fair, i can see that bitch say something like that, since like the average tumblrette she's completely controlled about her emotions.

I'm really curious as to what she said in the original Jap script.

I don't care, I just want my PW to not be pozzed up by SJWs.

I actually find that facial expression cute.

Not surprising really. Kinda funny how many people got triggered by just one word. A word that still shouldn't fucking be there, but still

Pretty much this.

Well to be fair, he isn't the first guy in makeup to make sitcom references in the series…

I found the line where appears.
It's near the end of the first day in Episode 2, so there's a mild spoiler.

capcom-europe.com/contact

capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/09/08/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney---spirit-of-justice-is-out-now-court-is-back-in-session#comments

capcom-unity.com/ace_attorney/go/forum/view/7431/17591/general-aa-discussion

capcom-unity.com/ace_attorney/go/forum/view/7431/17571/feedback

twitter.com/Capcom_Unity
twitter.com/aceattorneygame

I literally can't find any Capcom USA contact info.

Be sure to let them know why you won't purchase.
Especially considering how:
- You're sick of the constant legitimacy given to SJW bullshit in other media.
- It's out of character for Athena (why would a girl who once threw a cop be so passive-aggressive?)
- Even if this is the one reference in the WHOLE game, you're so sick of it you'd rather not buy it at all.

The game just launched; raise hell.

Holy shit, the context is even worse.
Athena is pretty strong, and she's never been ashamed of it.
I could understand if Wright said "If you were mad you could fling it around easily". Then she'd be pissed about that.
But again- "microaggession" feels so abnormal for her to use.

Capcom is notorious for a lack of consistency. I mean look at Street Fighter and Resident Evil.

Oh boi the first case was a big fuck you if you're fucking new to this game.

I hated the puns but the case was fine and doing the insight was fun as fuck, but I'm guessing since it's new it wont have a lot of stuff to do.

Waiting for an undub since the videos have subtitles now.

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
Be polite.
The guy getting your email didn't even touch the game. Don't shoot the messenger- who is gonna deliver your message.

library.bcu.ac.uk/learner/writingguides/1.06.htm
wikihow.com/Write-a-Letter
wikihow.com/Write-a-Formal-Letter
goodletterwriting.com/formal-letters.html

It's also the second or third time Apollo has mentioned / joked about Athena's strength in the episode.
The dialog I posted was from examining Stage Lift #1; if you examine #2, Apollo says that you need two people to crank it back down to the 'lowered' position, and Athena immediately takes that as a challenge to try it herself. She doesn't succeed, but not for lack of trying.
All of this just shows how out-of-place the "microaggressions" comment is. The other 99% of the game so far is as well-written as you'd expect, so it's (hopefully) a one-off where a localiser's personal politics slipped through.

Any bondage joke so far user?

Most of the games are filled with bondage innuendos for some reason.

About to dive into case 2 myself soon. Hopefully it was just the one word.

Nothing so far. I was disappointed when they passed up two opportunities for ladder jokes.
I'll just dump the other screenshots I took, and post again if there's any other "red flag" moments.

I wonder if these are inserted by the translators or editors. Because if one user says the translation is 99% good then one little slip up doesnt quite make sense.

I imagine those will show up when Phoenix and Maya are near one.

Already did my bit of hell-raising:
forum.nichegamer.com/threads/ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice.751/

Damn it, stop making me want this.
Oh wait.
I have jewtube playthroughs.

Maybe if they'd released it physically they'd have put more effort into the localization.

I think Apollo + Trudy has the inverse of Wright and Maya- since Trudy was raised by Wright and Apollo is with "the rest of the people" who don't see the difference. So two people who see a ladder as a ladder wouldn't point it out and talk about it. Though I imagine this was by mistake rather than design.

It can't get any worse than l33t sp34k, for sure.

See that made sense.
Sal spoke in Japanese forum speak and memes.
So localizing it to l33t makes sense.

Might be 'cause I never understood it.

Probably something completely different. Game localizers love changing the context of dialogue to something entirely different from what the original script was. And they can get away with it cause unless there's voice acting in Japanese you won't be able to tell anything's wrong.

WHAT THE FUCK

So I yarred from Freeshop and that's great, but when I go to the game menu so I can download the dlc too on the download list it gets stuck and marked as "suspended" even though there's nothing besides it downloading. Hitting the cancel button freezes my 3DS.

anyone else having this issue?

Is it true there's no point in playing this game in english?

It seems interesting, but I'm not putting up with a translation like this.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Why are you faggots using freeshop to get a DLC that's free right now?

Reminder that the first Ace Attorney localization wasn't done by capcom themselves.

Farewell, My Turnabout
Caught from Trials and Tribulations
Trials and Tribulations
Maya

WEW
I was considering buying it, thanks user

"Lawyers spout hypocritical nonsense. Big surprise there, lol … aaaaand post!"

How can they be self-aware of that, and not know about the quagmire of SJW vs gaming?

Heavy metal jesus is good at least
Probably because it was in the game to start

They probably dont want to stir the nest hornet, SJW are very influential among internet reviewers and maybe they dont want the review scores to plummet or get bad press.

Well to be fair it's one line so it could just be one SJW asshole on a team of localizers just sneaking it in. So the twitter guy might have no idea about it at all.

Wait though, this doesn't make any sense, are the translation team just using "microaggressions" as another word for "passive aggressive" or something? Because i just don't get how it'd make sense.

Why would the girl who besides that did almost nothing but breakdown and cry the entire game NOT be so passive aggressive.

Have you played the first one?

To do that they could have just kep their mouth shut.
To crowbar this in shows they want to appeal to them.

It shows the rest of the team- and the people who proof read the final script- are compliant.
Joystiq only had one author that was part of GJP- then they all banned-ed behind "gaming while black" before they got shuttered.
Maybe they meant it ironically. Irony doesn't excuse from anything though.

And the Twitter feeds are the companies public face on social media- so yeah get fucking mad at them! Let everyone know how SHIT they are.

"micro-aggression" sort of means passive aggressive. But it's more a case that the individual can do it without intent. I.e. Making Harambe jokes around black people is clearly a slight at them you fucking white male.
Redefine words to control thought. Micro-aggression sounds worse than passive-aggressive. Passive-aggressive means the guy won't hurt you, but micro-aggression? I don't care how tiny it is, I don't want someone to be aggressive to me!

SJW psychology and logic is a mess.

Hamburgers are a running joke at this point, correcting it would probably result in more backlash than just leaving it alone

I know. I'd buy the game in a heart beat if they did patch it out, but I'm sticking to my guns.

They know, they just don't risk angering the beast.

even in context the use of the word feels out of context. I mean, athena being easily offended is nothing new, her ego is the size of a zeppelin. But the way the dialog is written doesn't make sense.

I will make a wild guess. But for me, this is Treehouse trying to be hip and cool and using hip and cool words for the hip and cool audiences.

They did those weird jokes with words out of context just for the sake of internet maymay references in PW DD too.

This one looks like a reference for the sake of referencing. Just like the jokes in Fallout 2

Im mostly interested to see what did she say in japanese. Im sure she didn't mention microaggressions. But maybe she still felt offended because of what apollo said

As long as there are no pickle jokes again im okay

Yes and not. Passive aggresivity is intentional is a position people have to take a jab at someone without being totally frontal. Microagressions can be microaggressions without even knowing you are offending someone.

He wouldn't be the first character to be a internet savvy moron. Look at the first game Steel samurai director.

Also this guy is just one step of being a starbuck hipster

he's wearing a shirt as a cape

He's starbuck hipster level

I'm surprised it took this long to encounter a typo. Even after all this time, Capcom fails at proofreading.
BIG SPOILER FOR EPISODE 2'S FIRST "TRIAL DAY" SECTION

That's what makes it confusing, Apollo clearly is just taking a jab at Athena's, there's nothing unintentional about it.

Just my personal opinion, but, I think they just don't know what the hell micro-agressions are. What apollo said was passive-agressive. Because he was meant to take a jab at Athena. Micro-agressions are way more convoluted that purposedly make fun of someone. It's saying a statement that may or may not be meant to offend.

… Im quite not sure if a passive agressive statement would count as "micro-agression".
Considering Microagression definition is so freaking broad, Anything can be microagression as lot as isn't direct confrontation. I hate that word because SJW's use it to shut other people off with the excuse that what they said was hurtful.

Some people say it's a tumblrite word. It isn't. It's an academic word tumblrites adopted to scream at someone when they don't like what they have to say

you're not too far off, Capcom did the monster hunter generations translation too, which had one of the characters go on a long spiel about people who say Git gud.

Oh shit, i remember that dialog. It was the peak of cringe. And it wasn't just a little rant of two lines. I remember the NPC just couldn't stop talking about it during that conversation.

Thought so, they did the same thing with words like "problematic"

Still, i wonder if there was some kind of overflow error when/if they used "passive aggressive" so they just went with "microaggressions", which is 2 characters less of both the former word and what appears to be the max number of characters any textbox can hold, instead

To be honest I just see that as

Kind of situation

Fixed

How do you get it? On the eshop it tells me that it's not available via the eshop

Sorry I thought you meant american localizers (hamburgers) were a running joke, and patching the microagression line would cause heat.

Yeah, keep the "Californication".
It's almost part of the series now. Like Dragon Quests' god awful accents.

I don't want to come back into this thread until I beat the game, but I really like it so far. I'm glad Ema is back. She was second best girl behind a tie of Maya and Trucy

God fucking damn it are people too retarded to just say cute or adorable now? I'm twenty-fucking-three i shouldn't be feeling this god damned old right now.

If the official twitter is not lying the free costumes ends this wednesday 14th

Original dialogue and actual attempt at translation as opposed to just writing what my feefees dictate here:

I'm not going to start saying that there's nothing wrong with this, but fuck those faggots.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

sounds like someone couldn't learn japanese

Those aren't part of the series though, just part of the foreignization.

Don't forget that the multiplayer quest giver lady got a similar rewrite. Originally she explains that "even though we call them multiplayer quests, you can take them on solo, so feel free to challenge them as you like" but for the foreigners it's something like "you CAN do them solo, but who would ever do something that stupid?"

No idea how it is now that nintendrones seem particularly bitter about the new direction their company is going, but when the xenoblade threads started you'd see many faggots like pic related derail the threads.

How is that derailing? If the discussion was on shitty localizations, that sounds like a pretty on-topic reply. You might not agree with it, but I don't see how that constitutes a derail.

Secondaries…

Maybe he doesn't want people here learning the language and maybe getting jobs to push the cancer out of localization companies.

Not likely, the people who work in localization don't have their jobs because of Japanese knowledge or even English knowledge, it's simply because the CEO's friend's nephew needed a job and that Women's Studies degree isn't helping. It's purely connections, there's no loss of job security just because people who have knowledge and skill and talent want the same job.

Maybe start up a new one, who knows.

The thread itself was more about trying to email nintendo Japan to get their reaction on the censorship, or something along those lines, and that poster was shut it down with a defeatist attitude.

Or, contribute to the trend of Japanese games with an English function, something that isn't localized at all, it just has English.

Possible, but there's less of a direct feeling of endangerment from "competition might start up" than "someone might take my job"

Fair enough then, hard to tell without context.

All the ones I know of that do that are ones that were planned to be localized and just had the localized script, like the DS remakes for this very franchise, the Wonderful 101, or the For The Sequel edition for Bravely Default.

Yeah just got to the microacressions bit. It really is out of place and takes you out of the game. If they stopped at "What are you implying?" the dialogue would also flow a hell lot more naterualy.

Other that single line the game been great so far. Definitely worth a pirate. Keep rasing hell about that line though, You give them the inch and they will take a mile.

He's right though. And learning Japanese is a lot more difficult than sending a few emails, and also more effective. A true defeatist attitude would be to continue to buy games with shitty localizations.

Is this like the old generals, where that one guy comes around and posts about Pearl?

Actual screenshot, courtesy of not me.

nah ever since pearl became legal, he shut up.

I wanna fug that psychologist

So is the translation okay and the
comment just a one-off slip from a SJW editor or is the later stuff pozzed up?

I'm about to start Episode 3 of the game, and aside from a few harmless references (eg. when Metal Jesus paraphrases a Gary Coleman catchphrase), that's the only egregious thing so far.

Porn of them when?

SoJ is really good so far, I'm nearing the end of Case 3's investigation. I'm really happy they fixed Ema from the sour puss they turned her into in AJ. Maya is as great as ever and I wanted to kill Retinz for being such an asshole to Trucy

i already finished spirit of justice. Should I get help?

And despite the word microagressions, I don't think capcom has gone full sjw, becauce there are still no blacks in this game.

So its fucking nothing. Good to know.

Wow 6-2 is utter shit, and 6-1 was only passable. Does it get any better?

Major spoilers. You've been warned, feel free to rage.

Jesus Apollo's Mother was a massive slut.
Also… how the fuck did she travel that much.

Drake is his adoptive father, not his real father
But the case does open up with Drake revealing he finally found a picture of Odoroki's real father

that makes even less sense, how the fuck did apollo travel that much and still get allowed into the space center

Yeah, I might've jumped the gun a bit there, but still, with the three games he's been in, Apollo's backstory is all over the fucking place

To be honest I don't remember how 5's shit went, I'll need to replay it later

Yeah, my best guess is they wanted to soften the brother/sister between Minuki to half-brother/half-sister so it's only half-incest when they inevitably fug.

Also, would've thought they'd Romanize ドゥルク as Drake for the "The Dragon Yields Not" line

actually hold up that makes double less sense
Didn't he meet Clay as an orphan

The exact wording is like "I don't have a mother either" you can see near the very end of the video. I suppose it's not blatantly contradictory, but I really can't suspend my disbelief this much.

Is Athena a virgin? What about the other girls? I bet Trucy is a secret slut

I gotta tell ya that cameraman who filmed bonny had his priorities straight

What about the DLC episodes? They're on my list but an error pops up when I download them. will I get banned by nintendo and capcom now?

What?

not clicking :-)

It's not bait though, it's legitimate. If you haven't gotten around to playing through GS6 yet and care about story spoilers, don't click it - it doesn't solve any cases for you, but it's a pretty big story detail about one of the leads' backstories.

isn't his adopted mother suppose to be dead though?

They're not even out yet, what in the fuck could you possibly have downloaded.

Never.AA sure needs more porn considering how many best girls it has.

I've never played this game, but the chick in the OP looks like she was designed for impregnation.

Most of the chicks in the game are

Would need someone to rip the models off first.