Atelier Sophie - worst fucking Atelier

So, i completed my second Atelier after Marie, Atelier Sophie, which i pirated thanks to henkaku and vitamin, and holy shit its bad. People who say this game is bad only because of time limits are idiots. Its also incredibly easy to craft best shit and get infinite money from golden punis on despair difficulty.

But the most important con is:
It has only 2 endings and the only difference between them is that you get an extra cg scene if you crafted philosophers stone. 2 fucking endings. The only Atelier i ever completed was Marie, and even that game had more than 2 endings.

Fuck this shit. It was certainly aimed for ps4 plebs, on whose platform it debuted. After completing the game you get infinite post game where you can grind infinitely like an idiot, instead of already deleting it.

It also has nice character designs, but they are lifeless non-developing npcs without soul, who never change in their character and repeat same shit over and over again. Its easy to max up relationship with them just by grinding their easy as fuck requests.

This game is not worth your time, i am going to try Arland trilogy tomorrow, in hopes its better. But holy hell Atelier goes to shit with this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

ateliertraduction.forumactif.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PC port when?

Its not worth it user. Arland trilogy deserves PC port, if this shit will be ported on pc, all pc players will be screwed with shit taste.

Nobody says this about Sophie, because Sophie doesn't even have time limits. They say it about the Arland games, and they are idiots because the time limits in those are good.
And yes, Arland is definitely better. I liked Sophie better than Escha&Logy though, not sure what people see in that one.

Escha&Logy was the most popular among women for a reason. It also had anime, which says everything about its popularity.

But even that game has 11 endings.

I looked up the PS2's Atelier games, and they look awful. Are they actually worth playing?

Why do you keep asking when you already know the answer.

I want to play Marie and Elie but don't speak moon. Is there an english version?
Or am I fucked?

You mean untranslated japanese ones, Marie, Ellie, Lillie, Judie and Violet? They are great if you know at least some japanese. They are atelier management sims where you need to plan how to make your alchemist shit to make up with all the requests and additionally get best endings.

Except Judie. Judie doesn't have time limits just like Sophie.

Atelier Iris is just a usual jrpg series without focus on alchemy.

You can always learn japanese. Honestly Marie and Ellie are easy to learn how to play knowing basic japanese vocabulary, because all dialogues are voiced, and all alchemist ingredients have cards with understandable images on them.

There was a translation project though.

Please tell me what happened, in the most gentle way possible

Like usual. A translation project got stalled, and they changed translator. What's worse, it's made by french people who made french translations for mana khemia and atelier iris. You cant trust frogs an english translation.

ateliertraduction.forumactif.org/

It's the first modern one you've finished and you're going on about how terrible it is, chances are you just don't like the newer games in general because it's really not all that different from any of the Dusk games. The time limit may as well have not existed after Ayesha for how lenient it is, it's always been fairly easy to break the game's difficulty with specific early-ish alchemy chains, there are stupidly good and easily-accessed money tricks in at least two of the Arland games and NPCs have always been lifeless barring the shopkeepers.

E&L had a better mood set for the more somber Dusk theme and some of the most likable characters as far as I'm concerned. It felt more like a standard RPG rather than the usual SoL. As much as I like cute girls doing cute things, normalfags typically don't. I'm not sure why they moved away from that direction again after its apparent success, but I don't particularly mind either. I'd rather Atelier stay unique than become yet another okay-ish RPG series.

OP, are you high? Everyone knows the worst Atelier is Totori. Worst story, main character, other characters, alchemy/battle system…worst fucking everything, really. Every other Atelier is better than it.

fagget

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tootsie Pop

I think Meruru's cast was worse. Except Mimi or whatever, the tsun for Totori, they can't be worse than her.

Shitting on the latest one when you've only played the first one and none in between, then saying "Atelier goes to shit with this one" is pretty dumb. You have no way of knowing if the previous 10 games weren't just like this one or worse.

machine translation of emulated games when?

vanilla rorona was worse, that shit was awful

Totori is the best though.

shit taste

Are there any good ones in english on an emulatable system?
I tried eris and it seemed pretty shit.

Nigga it's a PS3 game. Just like a fuckton of PS3 developed games, The versions exported to the west were either PS4 only, or PS4 and Vita.

As for the rest of your tangent, I'll confirm it when I play it.

Can they go back to making better Ateliers?

I never played Mana Khemia because of the shitty art style. Is it any good, or is it like Iris where the alchemy takes a back seat to generic RPG gameplay?

I never knew I wanted this so much.

Why did you have to plant this idea in my mind?

they're really clean cut JRPGs with a decent crafting system.

Guess this is how low the atelier audiences fell to. To answer your question: it has both good jrpg battles system and crafting system.

Just the shit buckets here on Holla Forums.

answer me atelieboos

Are you really defending this?
Thanks, maybe I'll give it a try.

Don't expect anything as deep as in the PS3 ateliers. There's no traits other than preset ones, and there's no transferring.
It's JRPG first, crafting distant second

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I will never forgive them for this

What were they even implying, that Esty is a slut? Sounds pretty misogynist to me. :^)

But arland IS better, even if there is one heinous localization error.

its like bitching about the graphics, the only important thing is the gameplay

Well, changing a western surname to another western surname would be kinda dumb otherwise, don't you think?