PS4 Pro Will Not Support 4K Blu Ray

There is seriously no excuse for this at all. How can you not even bother to include 4K Blu-Ray, which you fucking created? And on top of that to give the excuse of " We want to focus on games and 4K streaming", which is what the Xbone S already does, and also supports 4K Blu-Ray.

And to make the Pro even more unappealing, you say that the PS4 Pro "is not the start of a new console generation, nor is it a console that's going to blur the lines between generations,"

So then what the hell is the point for a developer to even get interested in the Pro? As sad as it to say, Xbone actually won for once.

Other urls found in this thread:

xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
nexpaq.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are there any releases of 4k blu ray discs?

i didnt even know 4k blu-rays existed. i thought everyone just did streaming these days. i wouldnt know, i dont really watch hollywood movies or television.

The real problem isn't that, its the fact that Sony gave a piss poor excuse for not including it, while at the same time the Xbone S plays 4K Blu-Ray and also focus on games and 4K streaming.

Yes

Nowadays, you can gain an advantage over your opposition by not doing anything at all.

Maybe they'll sell a 4K Bluray player.

As far as i'm aware they don't look any different to 1080p

Capeshit

4K is a meme

also the 4K streaming is completely pointless since the low bitrate will eat up any quality gains from 4K image fidelity, this is a thing that should stay on a disc

In most cases they don't, tests have shown that in a standard living room environment people can't tell the difference between 1080 and above, the same thing happens with audiophiles, I remember one test where they couldn't tell the difference between high quality audio cables and a clothes hanger wire.

For video games the only real addition is that it can be used for super sampling to smooth out aliasing artifacts. Although the increase in power for consoles will probably help decrease the cost of computer hardware, if Nvidia does what they did with the 1060 this gen for the next 2 gens I'm going to be one happy customer.

I'm happy to support 4k if it means that playable 1080p games will be possible.

I don't really give a shit about resolution, I just want 60fps god damnit

Which is? I'm pretty sure its because they want to cut cost.

Not only that, 4K TVs still expensive as fuck.

That thing play HD-DVD though, not blu-ray.

This is like the 32X all over again.

What is even sadder is that ps4 pro will not play video games.

That too. I'd rather get a 144hz monitor/tv than a 4k one.

Its like Sony learned nothing from slaughtering my favorite console.

PS2 WAS WORTH BUYING OVER THE DREAMCAST BECAUSE IT PLAYED DVDS!

Then again, its kind of funny to think that XBone is just a glorified blu ray player with no games.

Kek.

Physical media is dead. Only cinephiles buy blurays.

People here skipped bluray and went straight for streaming/downloading.

Sony doesn't need an excuse if nobody cares.

Yeah the 2500 games were just a bonus.

Netflix does 4k.

The Xbox wanted to be a media centre.

I don't know, maybe blurays and cable TV is still relevant in the US but I just want a console that plays games.

Do you have a link to this study of the clothes hanger wire? I want my daily lols of idiots spending money on more than they need.

And people wonder why I'm a nintoddler

you're a nigger

PS4 has Bloodborne
Xbone has ___

Yeah, you have the intelligence of a toddler alright

You're just as naive as the rest of them, you dumbass

I'm supposed to fly into the arms of shittier companies because Nintendo does shitty things? Why would I trade a problem for an even worse one?

What a steal!

Literally the only thing nintendo has going for them is exclusive software, "quirky" hardware can only be an improvement unless it actively hampers the running of the games, or nobody knows how to develop for it

Nintendo would dominate again if they simply made a console on the same level as the PS4/Xbone power-wise. No gimmicks, no second screens, no nothing, just a console with a controller like the Wii U Pro. They've got a great line up of exclusive titles every generation, but they this constant autistic twitch that tells them to inhibit it all to push some dumbshit peripheral or control method that no one asks for.

Sony's arrogance is coming back just like at the end of the PS2 era.

How about not sucking any corporate cock and saying fuck off to all companies? They're all fucking shit.

Xbox is backwards compatible though.

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption again simply because of that.

In saying that- Is the new Red Dead actually going to be a sequel or another fucking HD remake?

It's not backwards compatible. You have to vote the game in.

Isn't this just a simple matter of a firmware update? It's already got a Blu-Ray player and 4K support, right?

Yours truly: Nintendo Gamecube

Okay spergmo.

Are you fucking slow or something?

xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Who cares? 1920x1080 is still great.

Actually I pirate bluray rips but yeah for the general public bluray is dead. Or rather never lived.

Not like they need to feel threatened since MS just keeps blundering into one mess after another, now trying to cozy up to PC players after the XBox is dead in the water, but are basically a decade too late.

I have no fucking idea what Nintendo is thinking with the NX, except that they're now stuck in a desperate loop of trying to emulate what made the Wii and DS so popular, and keep fooling themselves it was the gimmick controls.

If they were smart they'd be making a traditional hardware powerhouse and line up good 3rd party support to muscle into Sony's and MS's turf.

Neither does anybody else since we know approximately dick about the console. They've done a damn fine job so far of making sure the entire system is a complete enigma, and all we know is that they're working on it.

Really the only things we know are that it'll very likely be a handheld something approaching the power of a modern console, supported by the merger of Nintendo's R&D departments for handhelds and consoles before we began hearing about the NX. Also some hearsay that it'll use cartridges rather than disks, and that it won't be backwards-compatible with the Wii U.

Hey, that is how most people viewed it, especially in nipland. DVD players were expensive. The PS2 was not.

In the US it was slightly different because of the Saturn's lack of commercial success as well.

Why is Harambe on the far left of that cover? Isn't it too soon?

Got a PS2 SuperSlim as DVD player in 2013, simply for the very small form factor.
Used 6th gen games are indeed just a bonus.

Emulation is only a poor imitation of backwards compatibility. It's a marketing move they did as a reaction to Sony streaming PS/PS2/PS3 games to the PS4 and calling it backwards compatibility to be on parity with features. These clumsy cost cutting attempts are nothing more than a way to avoid putting shrunken down chips of previous consoles in their new machines, a smart move considering the change from POWER to x86-64 and the royalties they'd have to pay to Nvidia.

They can call it whatever they want. In both cases only a few titles are available and depends entirely on them providing the service. One patent lawsuit gone wrong and this feature could go away forever. Compared to the real backwards compatibility of older gens this is a joke.

They should be better off doing HD remakes but those have been buggy messes generally. This entire console generation is a disaster.

Indeed, DVD is good enough for most people.

Even if it's emulation, it still lets me use some of my old games (even though I still have my 360) without having to boot up the 360.

At least that's one positive thing to come of this, but given that the number of games per month Microsoft are making Backwards compatible is decreasing each time, it won't be long till they abandon it forever.

Like you said, it was probably just a knee-jerk reaction to something Sony said so they tried to score some points.

PCs do exist

You might not have noticed yet, but: Living room game consoles are dead.
"This generation" is the last one, there won't be another one.

That's pretty bad. Even bad movies have shitty quotes on them. Unless this is different for 4k blu-ray movie covers because I remember seeing shitty reviewer quotes since the dvd days.

Wasn't it the previous Sony CEO who said that they won't make any more Playstation after the fourth one and that consoles were going to disapear after the PS4 generation ?
I also heard about how they think consoles were going to go to a PC route with no more "PS4->PS5->PS6 etc…" but they will only be upgrades of proprietary pieces but I don't know if it was from the same guy.

It's not emulation. The Xbox One does "backward compatibility" the same way the Xbox 360 did: recompiling the executables of certain games and automatically having your system download the new executable when you insert the old game disc.

What the fuck happened? They weren't here a few weeks ago. They even have the intelligence of one too.

The PlayStation conference thing just happened, that's why there's so much discussion of it now. Not that complicated.

AIOFBOIDFSBASBF
720p torrents still do the trick for me

Oh I see, I don't keep up with conferences anymore. Besides E3

the only thing i'm even remotely interested in with this stupid console is whether or not games that ran like shit on standard ps4s will now run decently without devs needing to fuck with anything, and even then it's still going to be 30fps. otherwise, there is literally no reason to buy one of these things, especially since they're going to push out a firmware update to enable hdr on standard ps4s.

Which did OK considering it competed against the number 1 selling console of all time, the Playstation 2.

The NX is basically a beefed Nvidia shield. .

I always assumed they wanted to try to sell consoles like smarthphones. People seem willing to spend $300 every two to three years on a new phone. Why not a console? This is what the executives are thinking.

Kind of surprised by all the backlash. I can't remember the time I used a Bluray or even a DVD to watch a movie. I'm sure Sony has that stats that say 95% of PlayStation never watched a physical movie disc. I didn't even know 4k discs were released yet.

Also does anyone here have a 4K TV?

because the disc player was always ps thing
dvds with ps2
and blu ray with ps3

You're going to defend this, aren't you?

So the next console should include the "next" format just because? I doubt UHD is ever going to pick up steam. Digital movie sales are more than DVD and Blu Ray. The real next format is digital downloads and streaming.

That made me think about something I never thought before, has anyone ever made a kind of "build-it-yourself" smartphone ? With pieces upgrade and shit ?

Was there a single good idea that went into making all of these new consoles?

All this money spent on these units could have went into making games for what they already have. This will just lead to another situation where we have an entire console generation with no games to play on them.

It looks incredibly slow too. And why the fuck is the screen vertical, there's literally nothing happening in the bottom part. Couldn't they just make an actual platformer for mobiles?

What is the fucking difference? Slightly better graphics?

literally why care about consoles, they are bug-infested corpses

I want it too.

Yep, there was a concept called Phonebloks and there's also a company: Nexpaq nexpaq.com

I support videogames.

Not platforms.

If Azure Nights came out exclusively on PC I'd buy that.

Yep.

/v probably doesn't remember this or will deny it but we used to make fun of MS turning the Xbox into a media centre.

Congratulations retard, that's what he was getting at.

An add-on to play back something the base machine doesn't support.

>bought Ender's Game as a 4k Blu-Ray

Pretty sure it was filmed in 1080. Depending on how many shekels I'll have at the end of the year, I might give Deadpool or The Revenant a shot, but 4k is still indeed a meme, especially since nobody does it in the full production chain.

yeah, and youtube "does" 1080p.
think about how often netflix shits the bed at normal resolutions, the five people who care about 4k probably shit themselves over the quality of streaming video.

Was derailing the thread into consolewars part of your plan?

(You) (You)

Here's your (You)'s

Now Checkem.

Nice hitler dubs, checked.

Heiling those sick ass dubs

Checked
Heil Hitler!

Nintendo has done nothing wrong, other than make trash like HASHTAG FE and xeno-whatever.

And make painfully underpowered hardware with idiotic bespoke control inputs.

But you knew that… And you're not really stupid enough to truly believe that, Are you?

Where I live Netflix works fine, I've never seen a video buffer or crash.

Physical media is dead. Period. People don't buy blurays. They won't buy 4k blurays.

The only people who care about this are cinephiles. And they will just invest in a home theatre. Not a game console.

Just checked you need a stable 25 mb connection for 4k Netflix.

Most people have that I'd think.

There, if you do this you're a fucking faggot and deserve to be raped by console producers

Q

Read the book, niggger.

am I doing this right?

That aside, you don't need a TV.

Do you wear cargo shorts and Hawaiian t-shirts?

Why the fuck would I defend a mobile game I'm not going to play that isn't even made in-house by Nintendo? As far as I'm aware all the mobile games are made by third parties, and in any case they're pretty much stripped down advertisements for the games on the actual consoles.

If these widely-available consoles that normalgoyim buy don't play UHD Blu-rays then there won't be many good 4K movie or series releases. 4K devices like these create the initiative for faggots to actually release 4K content.

As long as slow internet & data caps exist, this statement is objectively false.

Are you retarded?

You fell for an obvious troll and wasted Dubs.

You should definitely kill yourself.

That guy helped kick off the unrivalled and unending hatred towards Microsoft over their always on requirement that ended up killing their once successful xbox brand. Which they spent over 20 billion and 13 years to build it up.

He's the Sony employee of the decade that was on Microsoft's payroll.

He got fired shortly after this didn't he?

So even Curry Thunder had a moment in his life where he demonstrated redeeming qualities in homeopathic quantity

they're jews, it never left.

I smell a rat…

Nintendo couldn't compete in a hardware arms race in the same way Sony and MS can.

It is in development.

The consumers are morons. The manufactures are experimenting with what they can get away with. Like slowly shoving their dicks in everyone's assholes.

First one is cool, but the second is literally just slots. About all you could really do much of is swap out specific items, like cameras and memory whatnot, it would seem.

This thread is fucking awful

(checked)
>>>/suicide/