Christianity

What are some Christian video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvO1imbRNpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good question.

Trick question, actual Christians would be out helping their community instead of wasting time on chinese videogames.

No man's sky. There's no better test of faith.

Sengoku Rance

Having spare time and doing fun things that you enjoy in that spare time does not go against Christian teachings.

Crusader Kings 2

Super Noah's Ark.

With all the anti-immigration sentiment worldwide you'd think a developer would take the opportunity to create a game based on modern crusades.

I'm sorry. Anything that distracts you from reading the not-torah and not following the christian-jew ways is considered as a sin. Same with the religion of pieces or any Abrahamic ways.

Dante's Inferno.
Clive Barker's Jericho
Binding of Isaac
Darksiders
Devil May Cry
Painkiller
Shin Megami Tensei IV

There's Conquest of Camelot: The Quest for the Holy Grail.

The game actually kills you at the very beginning if you don't pray for god's blessing before you embark. Of course, it also kills you if you don't pray to Mithra, but it's ok, because by the end of the game you find the grail and Mithra gets BTFO by the one true god.

Doom

This. My dad's a preacher and he gave me Doom when I was a kid because nothing is more Christian than going to hell and killing every goddamn demon there.

I've no idea
I remember M&B with anno domini was good in that regard. I mean, not every game let's you go on an actual crusade to retake the holy land

Castlevania.

Right?

Requiem: Avenging Angel
this is basically christian themed Unreal 1
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvO1imbRNpU

then wtf is /christian/ doing here?

it would be christian if he payed 5 shekels to her father and taking responsibility.

Shin Megami Tensei, law alignment.

Wasn't there some Bible MMO?

This guy is right, though. Jesus wouldn't want you playing video games alone in your house all the time.

He would play vidya with you while drinking beer and eating pizza.

Exactly, all christfag NEETs need to go outside and make some friends in the name of the Lord.

Bayonetta has the whole "angels vs demons" aesthetic to it. Paradiso realm looks wonderful and the music is highly angelical.

That's the joke but christcucks aren't in on it.

Ok real question here

What are some Islam compatible video games
(that means only males playing and no female characters because that is haramif they are underrage it's fine.)

Unteralterbach.

god doesn't exist you stupid Holla Forumstard.

Get the fuck off my board you sheep.
And take your bullshit imaginary skyfriend with you.

also its interpretations of the angels are that of very old texts which is pretty interesting

the only thing my parents forced me to do was muting the sound in GTA games because the guy curses a lot.

Good thing you never grew up and used foul language, right user?

in hindsight I find it really funny that my mom was so afraid of me being exposed to violence, considering my dad was a fucking soldier

Actually that's true. I don't use any foul language in my day to day speak.my classmates makes fun of me because of that.

Artificial Academy 2

Make Myfarog free you church burning hippie.

Mount and Blade.

My parents were at least never hypocritical in their restrictions. Their fatal mistake was not objecting when I wanted to go to sea. Now I'm an alcoholic, foul-mouthed, salty sailor.

All I want is a platinum action game based on Samson.

That's all.

>my parents did the same for me and my brothers

Pretty much any gsg allows you to enact or re-enact the crusades. I also remember playing some indie shit game that was more /christian/ than /christian/ itself. Each loading screen had, instead of the usual tips and the like, long essays debunking evolution and similar. The game's story was that rapture happened and took all the believers, leaving the sinners on earth. Those sinners who pieced together what happened then became true believers, but the majority of the world just went "Uhh, idk what happened". You then went on a great missionary mission into the USA, and converted people on the street. You couldn't kill or harm, only convert. Enemies could convert people back from you, or even kill you all. The game then, IIRC, turned into a RTS of sorts as you used your missionary commandos to quickly convert enemies before they could shoot you dead. Every single character (including the random shmucks on the street and enemies) in the game also had some kind of a backstory, describing their sinful life before rapture, and finding the turth afterwards/delving deeper into sin. too bad it was also kinda shit, and I didn't bother finishing it.

After 666 hours of googling, I found out the name of the game was Left Behind: Eternal Forces.

Is that a actually good game? or are you ironically shitposting?

It's literally a clone of wolfenstein 3D so you decide.

Hatred.

Catechumen.

"Christcucks" don't romanticize the Crusades. Only Holla Forums and their diet Christianity does.

But if Jesus is always with me I wouldnt technically be playing vidya alone now would I

/christian/ again with another "modern crusade" wet dream meme thread.

this
also Devil Survivor, Amane route

I'm a filthy apostate and even I feel that this .gif is heretical.

Darklands

hey don't blame Holla Forums for the /christian/ larping. we suffer that shit too.

why? Jesus loves to dance

He needs better dance moves than that.

Fair enough.
They wish they could claim as much. It's crusader larping and nothing more.
You don't see them talking about having love for your fellow man or repenting of your sins.

this one right here

How come when you put Christian in front of anything it is almost always shit?
Are Christians just shit at everything they do?

Shame on you all. You can declare crusades and have other nations join in, as well as recruit missionaries to spread the faith.
Your missionaries can even become pope if they're pious enough or if you assasinate the pope

I was about to post it

There is a lot of good christian music out there, its just the mainstream stuff that's bad, and there are a lot of classic bible movies(original Ben Hur, 10 Commandments). I'll give you games though, if there's a good one I haven't found it yet.

Because religion is just like politics, in that any given piece of media is better off without any ties to it 99% of the time, the 1% being when it steals cool shit from the topic just because. Most of the time, any inclusion of these two highly-divisive personal philosophies into media makes said media a total shitfest, usually a one-sided "MY SIDE IS RIGHT, FUCK EVERYONE ELSE" masturbatory fantasy.

The vast majority of political and religious games are trash, but occasionally someone will do cool shit with elements that are taken apart from the source material, avoiding the divisive shitfest while keeping the elements that actually make for good vidya. For example, taking fucked-up angel/demon designs from Abrahamic mythology that are used because they're fucking weird/metal, or using the outlandish folklore around the Nazis to make them supervillains with ayy-tier technology rather than just another standard conqueror army like the thousands who came before them.

If you're going to make a religious or political video game, just make it about unrelated shit and insert cool elements from the lore of either/both wherever they make for good design, doing anything else with these topics is a fool's errand.

They aren't scary, they are just shit and almost always bad

A christian video game is a game played by a christian who does not take the game at it's face value and doesn't let the game replace the true virtues in the christian's heart.

Ο Χριστός είναι ανάμεσά μας

And that's why you're called christcucks.

Rather than point to the few successes your jewish cult has had, you'd rather sit around and preach love and tolerance while Achmed and Tyrone rape your women and take your country. But keep worshipping your kike on a stick, maybe he'll make it go away one day possibly

tl;dr you're wrong.
The reason religiously motivated groups make shit video games is because they are passionate for their religion, not for the games or the hobby. If someone takes inspiration from religious themes, they can make pretty neat shit (Bayonetta, for example). Or if they merely use it as a basis to create a good game, (Such as the many crusader based games like Stronghold) then it works out.

Probably shouldn't even be talking about this but you know very little about how very high up Christian organizations are dealing with the refugee crisis and ISIS. All I can say is that if it so comes to it the Knights Templar will defend the holy lands once more.

t. Moshe

Meanwhile the highest Christian organization, the Vatican, welcomes refugees, niggers, fags, and illegals with open arms saying 'love thy neighbor'.

Unless you have actual proof or evidence, all that there is, is the simple truth that Christianity is a jewish cult made to cuck you.

Hell is forever user, don't let bitterness and cynicism blind you to salvation your whole life.

Francis does many things to this effect, true, but this is mostly because he knows hardly anything about politics. Look up his daily schedule, he never reads the news or anything. The head of the church is an idiot, but he hasn't actually done anything using his powers. The others in the church are very wary of what is happening though.

Christ himself used violence to protect the church. Don't forget that the reason he got killed was because he whipped a bunch of Jews that were using the church as a bank. His whole reason for being was because 1: he was to save humanity from it's sins, but 2: because the Jews had gotten too greedy and became the kikes we know them as today, and someone needed to put a stop to that.

The Gothic series has the best Christian undertones.

user, it's pointless.

I'm not really bitter, and I wouldn't call myself a cynic. I just prefer truth and realism, but that sounds stupid when It's said like that.

So the head isn't important and the cardinals are? I'd love for some evidence of this.

Oh yeah, that's why he let himself get nailed to a cross.

Therefore he could never be Jewish. Oh wait, he is actually Jewish? W-well he's a good jew then!

See, here's where your wrong. The Jews were always scum. Jesus didn't appear because they crossed the arbitrary threshold of evilness. They have always been dirty lying rats from long before Christianity came about.

I'm only asking you to put down you hatred and think about the possibilities of faith, your concerns aren't dismissed and you aren't alone in feeling them.

I think however, that you may be being a bit zealous with your accusations. I hope you've food for thought.

Its embarassing how little you retards know about the Bible or the Christian life. I cringe everytime someone equates Christ with the crusades. I cringe everytime someone thinks Roman Catholicism is Chrisianity. You Holla Forums pagan retards are also hilarious. Keep buying into Luciferianism like a total clueless bluepilled fedora who denies the truth and the light.

I find Christianity to be a lot of fun to learn about, but then again so is Tolkien's lore.

I have no negative feelings about Christianity at all, but it's just fucking silly to believe in fairytales in 2016, m8. When I see a Christian in 2016 I know he's not very smart, because a smart person would fucking look at himself in the mirror and realize that what he's doing is childish and ignorant of science.

Also, Lucifer/Prometheus dindu nuffin

0/10 poor bait

Hail Stan, brother!

There's an Age of Mythologies expansion coming featuring Christian Mythology, I guess that would make it a christian game

user's a false flagger. Don't treat these as serious posts.

Don't listen to him, he's a retard who's afraid to question his religion. If you want to look into interesting logical debates about Christianity I would look up Robert Barron on Youtube. He's half the reason that I converted to Catholicism after being Atheist for half my life.

source?
all the reverse image searches gave me nothing

I don't see the point of villifying crusades. They were just another war..or set of DEFENSIVE wars

You guys do realize its possible to respect and appreciate Christianity without being a zealot right?

Jesus saw some pretty fucked up shit during this time bro. I'm sure he'd rather you be inside playing video games than doing some of the fucked shit he saw the Roman Empire and Jews do to eachother

Knights of the Temple, nigger. Play that shit.

That was a nice post

Made by Czech company, you are basically a good-ol "burn-the-heretic" inquisitor on an adventure to save the kingdom from Satan.

Music is meh, combat is shit, but the story and writing are pretty good, so play it if you want.

Also want to add; Fallout 3 isn't a Christian themed game in itself but it does have some pretty heavy Christian themes

Xenosaga

Holy fuck that'd be awesome.

Not a christfag but I love the idea of an ARMA-like mil sim with squad control where you are put into the middle of a modern-day crusade against the unwashed filth of the world.

Maybe with an RTS aspect?

Where can I find that for PC and is the second one worth it?

Crusader Kings II is pretty much what you're looking for. Honorary mention for Europa Universalis IV.

Historical scenarios in Civ V also work if you're into that.

Final fantasy tactics
Shin Megami Tensei
:^)

Really? link?

So what you're saying is that he's more concerned with matters of salvation and heaven, than he is with earthly concerns.

And you say that like it's a bad thing.

Heaven is for eternity, and your mortal life is finite. Any finite span of time, no matter of it's 10 seconds or 10 billion years, is infinitely small compared to an actual eternity. Why should it matter who move where and rapes and murders whoever while the governments of those lands welcome them in with open arms. That's all temporary mortal shit, and it's not worth concerning yourself over. Don't follow the news. Don't follow politics. Don't get caught up in arbitrary differences between people. Who cares if the Muslims take over Europe, or what the Jews do in Israel, or who the US bombs for their freedoms. It's all going to turn out as God wills it to anyhow. Simply model your life on the example that Christ has provided and walk by faith. Let dust return to dust, while you prepare for life everlasting.

There's a special place in hell for cucks like you

Why would anyone talk about religion on a site like this? Why wouldn't they do so on a regular forum, unless they were kicked out before. But why? What is /christian/ hiding?

Artist is Gerph.

It's all larping user

check >>>/islam/ bruh. it's possible.

What's happening?

ISIS has their own board >>>/islamicstate

This. I can't believe people believe I'm actually a muslim.

trading one form of subhuman for another, what's the problem?

But user, it's just a bonus someone takes your play pretend seriously.

I'm a Christian. I've always hoped for some cool game to incorporate Christianity in it's plot or as a motive and as a theme with some mechanics tied to it but it's hard to think of a type of game to do this in.
The first Assassin's Creed kind of had a form of religion as a central theme but they did not explore it as much as they could have.
Ironically the Templars seem more like the true historical Assassins from past times than the Assassins in the game. They used to be scientists and others scrutinized by the Church.

AssCreed would have been more interesting storywise if it was about the historical medieval muslim terrorist state and not about what ever it was about.

Asscreed is disgusting in Revalations you hunt down the last of the Byzantines, no joke.

I just played the first and the (rather well-made) second game.

The metaplot really shits itself in Revelations. In the earlier games you can just about ignore it because the story revolves around (somewhat) real conflicts with a larger conspiracy as a backdrop, while in Revelations everyone is a commie and they fight because of the overwhelming concensus about the virtues of communism.

Underrated post

Make your own thread you Saracen.

To actual Christians, not just shitposters: why do you believe in folklores written by jews? Why haven't you joined the glorious neopagan master race?

Why would I answer a shitposter?

Probably because pagans were also incinerated right next to the Jews by the Nazis.

read a book you mongoloid.

Hitler was a pagan, dummkopf.

Why would I join a pagan "religion" most whose rites and traditions have long since been lost, making its 'neo' version nothing more than a pathetic imitation, and which, before getting obliterated, only managed to get a bunch of barbarians to keep acting like animals, until they were eventually conquered? Hell, most of pagan religions assign extreme power to their gods, as well as a large willingness of them to meddle in the affairs of mortals, yet where were they when their domains got taken over and their subjects converted? It's a blatant example of them either not being real, or their intervenionism being a lie, which would invalidate nearly everything that is known about them, as most information is in legends about what they did when they visited the mortal realm that one time.

Why are /christian/

this

Are you asking me, or OP?

/christian/ Why are

And what army will they raise? A bunch of NEETs scoured from imageboards?

Seeing shit like this always pisses me off.

If the whole point of us being here is a giant test to see where we go in the after life then shouldn't we be taking earthly matters seriously?
What you're describing is the equivalent of a college student planning their whole career for when they graduate while never studying for the goddamn test.

The most nefarious thing about some of you Christfags is putting your supposed reward over everything else. Just like an employee that cares not for his work, but the paycheck. All based on the criteria that someone else gave you rather than going with your gut on what you think is right or wrong.
You would never put your earthly livelihood in another's hands; so why would you with eternity?

If someone decides to respond to this, don't use bible quotes. It's fine if that's where you want to put your faith, but they don't really have a place when arguing with non-Christians. I care more about why you think a certain way than what's written in scripture. If all you can post is scripture, then we have nothing to discuss.

You seem to not grasp the concept of scripture. A christian belives in Jesus and in what is written in the Bible. He believes that what is in the Bible is the absolute truth, and that anything contradicting it must, therefore, be a lie. As such, he cannot have an argument that is stronger than the scripture, as the scripture is the absolute, infallible, objetive truth. Since the scripture contains truth, he, logically, founds his opinions on the scripture. As such, when he tells you his opinion, he follows with a quote from the scripture, to illustrate how his opinion came to be.

Yeah but that also doesn't really answer the user's question, also if scripture were so clear cut then there would be no debates in theology but that isn't the case so there is room for interpretation of the texts

I never said it was clear cut. It's even better to follow oyur opinion with the quote, then, as then another christian can easily challenge your interpretation of that particular bit.

I couldn't really aiming to answer it, as it's not a mindset that I have. I just wanted to react to the last part

Fair enough man

Good thing it doesn't exist and even then many sects of Christianity and scholars believe hell was never implied in the bible as how catholic cucks believe it.

Israel and Jerusalem are not holy, you are committing a grave sin in true Christianity by considering that whorish land holy. Admittedly, those who live in her and retain humanity are holy indeed, virtuous Muslims and Christians, but they are not blessed by any God. The true Holy Land is wherever you want, wherever a God may hear your prayers. My Holy Land is the dreaming world, where I can not commit sins and I may pray in peace.

DMC is certainly inspired by Christianity but it is absolutely not a Christian game. The lore differs greatly from what is explained in the bible or even just Christian literature (Dante's Inferno is not canon by the way and is recognized by the church as fiction, for some reason many people assume otherwise). Even if DMC was about Christianity, you do quite a bit of killing on the angelic side so I don't think it's relevant here. this may be the case for others there too but I haven't played them, Painkiller is on my backlog though

Spiritual Warfare
defeat evil by throwing an unlimited supply of rotting fruit at it

Given the state of the modern MSM? How is that a bad thing?
It's all lies and shit.

Because I'm not an autistic retard who larps on taiwanese pasta-crafts websites.

Why is Hitler a small guy?

Fuck this. Post Christ-tan.

The Sarranids are FUCKING PRE ISLAMIC PERSIA YOU RETARD

Because I´m not a satanic retard like you that rebels against his own Creator.

pot calling the kettle black

why the fuck do you need imaginary concepts and a "higher meaning" to fucking live? Are you that shallow and insecure that you need a deity to serve?

You sound like a stupid teenager, dissing the concept of Truth and objective meaning, something which can't exist without a creator.

Hitler, although he was a pretty good commander and had some correct ideas, fucked up a lot during WWII.

Meanwhile, Nietzsche is one of, if not the greatest philosopher of all time.

You dont know the origin and meaning of life, so you are in no position to talk.

oh boy here we go. Fine, I'll participate.

define Truth

define objective meaning

define creator

C.S. Lewis already debunked moral relativism.

Aight so you're retarded. Anybody else want to argue about this thing like adults?

we need a physicsfag in here

this thread made me wonder, if there were only 2 parcticles of matter in the whole universe, wouldn't they end up attacting each other no matter the distance between them?

Has the Jehovah witness gone from physical shitposting to digital? No body gives a shit my dude.

Totally pre-Islamic and totally Persian.

Yeah they do, but the initial impulse from the Big Bang is enough to overpower the miniscule gravitational force there is. Basically like a rocket leaving earth overpowers earth gravity, each particle moving away from the center of the universe overpowers the gravity of everything else on the other side via the initial colossal impulse that launched it outwards in the first place.

Theoretically yes. Given a finite amount of time. As particles at rest still have a zero point energy, thus they would still retain fluid dynamics and free movement even in a vacuum

I misread the question. Yeah, gravity has no distance limit.

You gotta wonder if this whole situation turned into the meme situation Decarte predicted with the idiots believing they're in a good company.

Thats not entirely true, gravitational influence is relative to the mass of the objects and the distance. Two tiny particles light-years apart will have minuscule if any gravitational influence on each other. The original question could best be answered through the concept of zero point energy

Dunno. I think /christian/ is falling into what I like to call the the Holla Forums spiral.

They want their live view/ideology to spread, but they're being such unlikable cunts while doing so, it's pushing people away from them more than any opposing life view/ideology possibly could.

still an influence. Negligible value doesn't make it equal to zero, user. Factually, gravity has no limit.

It's the arrogance, dude. The whole "holier than thou" thing, fucking literally this time.

Holla Forums is far worse. They just go to every other board to shit on Holla Forums and project their failure to subvert this lace

Is Holla Forums really prolelytizing? Seems most of lefty aligned posts are pure third party shitposting meant to rile people up.

I don't know what to fucking believe anymore tbh. I remember people saying Freech was trying to start false flags by getting Holla Forums to tear itself apart by infighting so they chose Holla Forums as the target (which would make sense do to their popularity and controversial nature making it a perfect target)

Holla Forums itself (the board) seems harmless albeit you do get pretty fucking cringeworthy threads around there (they have this wiki full of furry versions of famous political figures)

That might be so, but last time I checked Holla Forums they had threads on how to best forward their ideology. If they want my advice, get some tard wranglers.

/christian/ is quickly getting there. I remember a while ago, they had nice threads on smaller boards, talking about the board's interests and asking God to bless the users with nice days and such. Now all they seem to be doing is baby's first shitpost.

Why would a christian need to play video games? They already live fantasy.

Well, yeah I understand what you mean. But I wish he would set up some research organization within the church that compiles news directly from governments and whatnot so that the Pope can have a general idea of current events without risking bias from a perversive media.

As Hellgate: London too.

If G-d were so great, why doesn't he fucking reveal himself instead of hiding like a bitch?