What the hell are you doing Sony?

What the hell are you doing Sony?

Other urls found in this thread:

jp.playstation.com/ps4/hardware/cuh7000bb01.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It looks like they're creating additional value for customers by giving them multiple price points and options to enjoy!

No excuse for having such a shit conference.

The only option that has any value for the customer would be a PS4+Bloodborne bundle for 60 bucks.

THICC

Also no 4K Blu Ray support.

The Pro won't even have a 4K Blu-Ray player. This is not a joke either.

Holy shit.

well that doesnt make much sense

What's even the fucking point then

so whats the difference between the 2?

What I care about is neofag's damage control

Just chillen.

I don't want one of these things so I'm sticking with my original model, but does this thing have any exclusivity perks (like how you could only play Xenoblade on the new 3DS) or does everything just perform better?

If it's just a spec boost I'm staying the hell away from this thing.

jesus christ

seriously? Just wow Sony

what does that stand for? hardcore movie buff edition?

ps4 pro is hueg lol

That 'KEEP CALM' shirt…

It stands for "upscaling"

Took a look for you. Websites going up and down. They are fucking ballistic because no 4K blu-ray player, Sony refused to show the specs and the footage was underwhelming as fuck all around. Also one of the digital foundry guys said "Nothing shown was native 4K" and they believe the specs are the same as the initial leak so they are also freaking. Especially as Cerny never mentioned the specs at all during the conference.

Even lifelong Sonyfags like Greg Miller think it was an absolute disaster of a conference.

Don't buy it.

when was the last time anybody here bought a dvd

user, BDs aren't DVDs

Just wait for the PS4 Pro Super S in 3 years.

Suddenly more pixels the better? KEK

How much until the average console gamer starts praising higher resolutions?

I have no idea what I said but I guess I'm sorry.

Specs are now confirmed. Same as the leaks last April on Digital Foundry and Giant Bomb

jp.playstation.com/ps4/hardware/cuh7000bb01.html

Shitty overclocked Jaguar CPU confirmed. Sorry for anyone hoping for 60FPS Bloodborne.

People are fucking livid over this. It's incredible.

The average consumer does not care unless the company they are following cares.

Sony says jump, sonyggers say how high.

But I thought that kinda thing was THE ENTIRE POINT.

lel

The dude with the cringye shirt in the stream is having an orgasm talking about higher detail thanks to higher resolution. They're hyping it hard now

It really is PS4.5. It even looks like they just took half of a PS4 and bolted that onto another PS4.

So it's compatible with games that haven't been released yet for hardware that doesn't exist yet?

For that to be true, From, or Sony, or somebody would have to retroactively patch the game to run at 60. From's been tying the engine speed of their games to the frame rate since KF2, so it's not likely they were ever going to do that. Sorry if you were looking forward to that

i use dvd as a general term as most do until somebody attempts to correct someone on it. what i said is still applicable, when was the last time you bought one?

I buy a few BDs on sale, but physical media is kinda on the way out. Streaming services and Redbox take care of most needs.

THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS

So it seems that PC is the winner of this- oh wait windows 10 nevermind

the only people who should win at expos are the consumers, not the companies, faggot.

Hey, don't diss the Gamecube, it was badass at the time and had some great games. Unlike the PS4.

Are you a nigger?

I just got home from a jog.
What's going on?

dude
what

That's rather antisemitic to say that user should not get a Windows 10â„¢ PC!

Copying Nintendo.

Couldn't they just patch it in later like they did with "TrueColor" on the PS3?

Who is this semen demon?

That's a boy, fagit.

back to reddit

pls respond

sony won

You missed the announcement of the best console in the history of gaming

Sony announces what is essentially the Wii U's NX for the playstation. Microsoft does the same shit.

Problem is the New 3DS actually has better specs than the O3DS

Can't say I'm surprised since they would need a gpu capable of doing 4x what the ps4 is capable of right now to do anything but upscale to 4k, but this is downright fucking silly. What is even the point?

Not by much though.

It also waited 4 years after original launch instead of 3, and adds some new built-in tech like more buttons & a (shitty) nub along with amiibo support and head-tracking 3D if you still use that. It also has had allowed some games to run at better framerates and lesser loading

So what are the actual specs for the thing?

They didn't release them

GOOD QUESTION

░████░░███░░█░░░█░█░░░█
█░░░░░█░░░█░██░░█░░█░█░
░███░░█░░░█░█░█░█░░░█░░
░░░░█░█░░░█░█░░██░░░█░░
████░░░███░░█░░░█░░░█░░

░███░░█░░░░░█░░░█░░███░░█░░░█░░████
█░░░█░█░░░░░█░░░█░█░░░█░░█░█░░█░░░░
█████░█░░░░░█░█░█░█████░░░█░░░░███░
█░░░█░█░░░░░█░█░█░█░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░█
█░░░█░█████░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░░████░

█░░░█░█████░█░░░█░░████
█░░░█░░░█░░░██░░█░█░░░░
█░█░█░░░█░░░█░█░█░░███░
█░█░█░░░█░░░█░░██░░░░░█
░█░█░░█████░█░░░█░████░

████░░████░░█░░░█
█░░░█░█░░░█░░█░█░
████░░████░░░░█░░
█░░░█░█░░░█░░░█░░
████░░████░░░░█░░

░░░░░░█░░░░█░░
░█░░░█░█░░░░█░
░░░░█░░░█░░░█░
░█░░░░░░░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░

It's not native 4K/2160P either in games, user.

It doesn't support 4K.

Here. Read the thread

Intel Core i7 6700K OC'd to 4.5GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 SLI
32GB DDR4
4TB solid state storage in RAID 1

Looks like they're unchanged from the leak. CPU might still be clocked higher, no concrete information about that yet.

HAHAHAHAHAHA THERES NO FUCKING WAY ALL THAT "GAMEPLAY" FOOTAGE WAS GENUINE AHHAHAAHAHA

Fucking Ramm in the stream.

Suck my dick, you kike-wannabe

It still essentially amounts to the same amount of value the Pro has.

Unless you get custom firmware. At least then you can take advantage of emulation, and make old 3DS games run better.

So is that only for Blu-Ray video?

It doesn't support blu-ray.

THICC

xbox fucking raped the corpse with S model. how can sony fuck up so badly?

*4K Blu-Ray
It's fucking ridiculous. There was no reason for this product. MS wiped the floor with Sony for the first time in many years.

So is there anything it does at 4k or is that a blatant lie?

I might actually build this now.

Todd Howard-tier lie.

There will never be a video game crash, user.

Dual GPUs are a waste of money unless you have more dollars than sense.

Have any of the gaymen "media" called them out or are they all too scared / brought?

I have no idea.
I don't think this thing'll get too many sales, though; it's pointless.

Did they at least show video games?

Holy shit, its even worse than I though

Its not even that, its just slightly overclocked

So?

They showed like a minute of the new Mass Effect. You can walk around and scan stuff.

Sony does it again

No Mass' Effect?

It still has a disc drive right?

Yes

Hoping for a new or Remastered Red Dead game this year

HDR will be available on old PS4s via an update. I'm not joking.

Then what the fuck does the Pro offer?

Cheaper prices on eBay for the original PS4.

That would be cool

just getting a remaster
enjoy your $5 ps3 game for $60

B-but they upscaled the textures

Just heard a nu-male employee from Sony being triggered by the violence in For Honor (webm)

The point of the PS4 Pro is simple: to slightly future proof the console and to sell more Sony electronics. Sony has traditionally used their consoles to sell other things from Sony (music, DVD, BluRay, PS Vue, etc.), and here they want to sell their TVs and their special Blu-Ray players that are proper 4K players.

They're making a minor upgrade that is $100 more. Sony made it clear that this was only for "hardcore gamers" and those with 4K displays. That's it. Not a big deal, nothing much to flip shit about.

From the leaked documents, it's pretty clear that the point of the PS4 Pro is to have enough power to ensure that all games are running at 1080p native with high antialiasing and HDR color, and then have that up scaled internally to 4K.

Upscaling high-fidelity 1080p to 4K does produce a pretty notable improvement on a 4K display, and HDR is pretty damn impressive on these new TVs. You combine the two, and you get a really big visual improvement without needing a huge increase in hardware.

it's hard to see what to be disappointed in what they showed unless you had wildly high expectations that you ginned up in your head just because they had a stage show, or you somehow expected that they would get native 4K working in an affordable console at a time when even the most top of the line PCs struggle at 4K, or you expected for some reason that the bump in specs would be big enough to make every game run at 60 FPS, which would've made the box way too expensive.

Ugh, if you're going to be bald, don't have a gooney beard to emphasis it.

no, you're looking at it backwards
it means they're now free to make the ps5 as terrible as they want, because it has to be tethered to this trash

That faggot employee is flirting with the big guy

If they were trying to future proof PS4's they would release an update allowing owners to OC their existing machines to the speed of the Pro.

This just seems like a money grab that will extract a couple of shekels from the type of retards that buy $200 controllers.

Jesus fucking christ I can't keep up with them all. Nintendo releases more versions of the DS than apple does the fucking iphone.

Modern mainstream vidya has turned into a giant LGBT club.

Uhhhhh

Sony literally humiliated themselves on stage. There is no excuse for this disaster of a conference

So is this thing still just a Bloodborne machine?

And is Bloodborne still just a typical Souls game with Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula aesthetics, no shields, and DUDE LOVECRAFT LMAO?

Hello Gaster.

Gee, Bill, how come your mom lets you have six boobs?

"Future proof" was a poor phrase on my part. Would've been better to say "extend the length of the PS4 platform lifecycle.

Xbox is doing a similar thing for the same reason. The original versions of these consoles were somewhat underpowered and were not properly equipped to deal with 4K TVs, which are quickly taking off.

It's like on every step of the way they want i t to make it painfully obvious that the product was just a minor update while still asking for $100 more for the regular type

i dont see the problem. its literally just a ps4 "pro" for a slight bit more money to improve graphics/framerate/res slightly for those who want it, playing on the very same ps4 discs.

its exactly what everyone expected it to be.

You're a master of understatement.

I just bought some Robert Bresson DVDs not too long ago.

But they didn't even include 4K Blu-Ray support

the battles are more aggressive and move at a faster pace in BB

I'll leave whether this is a good or bad thing to you

I bet some games run worse.

Yeah, I think it's a big style preference there. I like the pace of Dark Souls, so I can see why a lot of people are fine missing out on Bloodborne, even if it seems like a solid game overall.

Cleared up a few things and expanded. If you want to know it all, read on.

The point of the PS4 Pro is simple: to extend the lifespan of the PS4 platform and to sell more Sony electronics. Sony has traditionally used their consoles to sell other things from Sony (music, DVD, BluRay, PS Vue, etc.), and here they want to sell their TVs and their special Blu-Ray players that are proper 4K players.

They're making a minor upgrade that is $100 more. Sony made it clear that this was only for "hardcore gamers" and those with 4K displays. That's it. Not a big deal, nothing much to flip shit about.

These platforms (Xbox too)are in a bit of a bind because they released underpowered relative to previous consoles, PC is doing well and is more accessible than ever, new technology like 4K and HDR has come out that the original versions of the consoles can't easily handle, and the games are taking a lot longer to come out to really make the consoles worthwhile.

From the leaked documents, it's pretty clear that the point of the PS4 Pro is to have enough power to ensure that all games are running at 1080p native with high antialiasing and HDR color, and then have that up scaled internally to 4K.

Upscaling high-fidelity 1080p to 4K does produce a pretty notable improvement on a 4K display, and HDR is pretty damn impressive on these new TVs. You combine the two, and you get a really big visual improvement without needing a huge increase in hardware.

it's hard to see what to be disappointed in what they showed unless you had wildly high expectations that you ginned up in your head just because they had a stage show, or you somehow expected that they would get native 4K working in an affordable console at a time when even the most top of the line PCs struggle at 4K, or you expected for some reason that the bump in specs would be big enough to make every game run at 60 FPS, which would've made the box way too expensive.

You mean you are forced to play that way.

You can play in a similar style in Dark Souls but its generally more effective to take a slower approach so you don't get overwhelmed, at least on your first run.

Bloodborne still has areas that fuck you over if you don't know what you're doing or try to rush in.

I don't mind semi-faceless things unless it's the mouth they're lacking.
Mouths are gross. Eyes are cute. Fully faceless is even cuter.

Looks like a toilet seat with the lid up.

For you.

Sony has a lot of damage control they're going to have to come up with now, because almost everyone, even the hardcore Sony fanboys are pissed off by this.

Oh lel it does.

If anything that only reaffirms my disgust.

Boh, as long as it's not completely human. At least it's not a nose, right?

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be pissed off about, what did they do that is so bad?

I think I found the mastermind behind this

Hot off the press

So basically they increased the CPU clock speed and "doubled the GPU power," which I assume just means they doubled the number of cores.

Furry, please.
I don't mind entirely human anatomy, as long as the face ain't there. I don't need a tail and cat ears to go along with it.
jk lov u bb but dont say gay shit like that

Doesn't the normal PS4 play 4K blu-rays? I may be thinking of when they made the PS3 a 3D blu-ray player but I'm pretty sure they updated the original PS4 with the functionality when 4K blu-rays started coming out.

Nintendo have been doing this since the Game Boy. How are you people STILL surprised when Nintendo does this?

So it plays HL2: Lost Coast?

They forgot to add "Watches TV".

Top tier bantz

Ouch

okay, so i just discovered this HDR they are touting about is actually high dynamic range, that shit we had in PC games since, what? 15 years ago?

and that you need a compatible TV to use?

WTF is going on here? am i going crazy?

Don't get me wrong, it was – implicitly, and I'm sorry for it– in the context of subtractive face design. In other words, you start with a human face, and remove features progressively; thus, adding cat ears isn't allowed. Apply this to the whole body, and you also prevent tails and neon tattoos from being added/ Thanks to the group-like nature of face features, you can also start with a blank state like the ones you fancy, and add features to it to get the same result, although in that case you have to restrict yourself to, or forbid, a predefined set of features. That is typically what happens when you draw something, because of the void nature of the canvas at the beginning.
Most of this is bunkum, shaking my head, to be honest, famille. It's very complicated and maybe one day someone will come up with a unified theory and also prove once and for all who the patricians are, and who has no taste.

Is that seriously the fucking design? Looks like they used AutoCAD and copied/pasted half of a PS4 onto itself.

I think this HDR is different because it's reliant on your display.

for me, it seems like the new "blast processing"
they are selling a old ass technology as new to be able to rise the price because the idiots don't know any better.

holy shit, i can't believe consoles didn't had HDR all this time.

This is a joke, right? Rght?

I'm honestly surprised, I though they had all the same brown and bloom shit PC did when CoD / BF ect. went nuts with HDR in the mid 2000s.

it's not a cube, it's a parallelogram prism

Well, consoles USED to be cool like that.

"HDR," used in the context of games, basically just meant bloom. You heard a lot of talk about it in the mid- and early-2000s.
In the context of actual display hardware, however, HDR means that individual pixels can be darker and brighter than on normal displays.
The TV industry is avoiding using "HDR" to describe this, precisely to avoid this kind of confusion. They're calling it "Ultra HD Premium."

It was never even true, you had to upgrade every few years to the next console.

"BD" means Blu-Ray Drive. Or something to that effect. I don't know the actual acronym, but it refers to a Blu-Ray player.

PS4 games are on fucking Blu-Ray discs, they can't release a console that can't even play its own fucking games.

Making these threads should be a bannable offense.

Alright so reading up on shit a bit it looks like the HDR that was in stuff like HL2: Lost Coast was a process to emulate the look HDR photographs. What HDR is in the modern TVs is just the TV's display now being able to show that shit natively and properly. So the difference would be like the difference between actual 1080p and Upscaling or that motion interpolation stuff and actually filming something in a higher framerate.

Consoles have to buy a entire case, cpu, ram, hard drive, case, fans, motherboard just to upgrade the gpu. Enjoy the future you have chosen.

Also what is

Need I go on?

N64 expansion pack.
Analog sticks on PS1 controller.
Sega controller with XYZ.

It never stopped.

HDR isn't bloom, it's just turning the color all the way up so everything is bright and overexposed.

I think my favorite part is that even after this upgrade, the new PS4 is STILL under-powered compared to PCs. it's basically an underclocked RX 480 with a CPU that's still garbage.

OK. My point is, this is a different thing.

They could, that's what they did with the PSPGO

It'd probably work a bit better than that because streaming is more viable nowadays. It would not work, but it would work better than the PSPGO.

blood borne actually handles lovecraft tastefully and it actually turns HP-lore into in-game mechanics.

As far as I can tell, the Pro has virtually no audience. I can see the Slim making sense as it has in the past (good way to persuade people who don't currently own one), but I can hardly think of anyone who would buy a Pro.

This is the vast majority, and none of them have significant incentive to buy this thing. Unless you're betting on buying one in the near future, you're getting at best (((HDR))) and you'll just buy a Slim instead.

If you own one, you almost definitely fall into one of three categories: mustard race, already owns a Ps4, or doesn't care about vidya at all and just loves TV. If you're already 4K gaming on a PC, you have no interest in a Ps4, and if you already own a Ps4 you won't want to spend $400 on a minor upgrade.

The only folks who would even consider this are hyper enthusiasts with tons of disposable money, and that group is not big enough to sustain a product.

I'll buy a PS4 Pro so I can play Ace Combat 7 in VR, hopefully without it looking like complete ass. Not planning on ever getting a 4K TV because I'm not retarded.

I can see people getting into VR or 4K, but most people won't be getting into both. I hope it looks good for you, user, but I got the feeling VR needs another few years in the oven.

But even if you do the standard PS4 will also support VR. I'm fairly sure it will only be 1080p anyway, so getting the Pro won't make much of a difference. I guess if you don't own a PS4 currently it could make sense to spend the extra $50 compared to the base model, but are you really planning to spend $800 on just Ace Combat 7? I love AC too, but come on.

I know, but it seems likely that original PS4 games will look like shit in VR. I think the PS4 Pro probably only exists so Sony can point to a handful of games that look decent in VR. Otherwise they'd be unable to sell their HMDs.

I guess I am. I'll probably get Bloodborne too, and any other decent exclusives. Sage for doublepost.

It's going to be the standard in about 2 years, bruh. Probably sooner.

I still get movies on DVD. They're easy to use, easy to rip and run everywhere (including my ancient PS2).
I have as much practical use for Bluray movies, as I have for SACD or DVD Audio (read: none).
PC games on Bluray don't exist.

Well if you've got that kind of money to blow on your favorite games then more power to you I guess. Though my initial point was that people like you are a tiny minority, so I still don't see this thing making sense from a business perspective.

no it's not, you YOU
DOUBLE NIGGER

So? My TV is fine as it is, there's no point in replacing it until it breaks. TVs only had a brief run as frequently-replaced tech, now they're back to the way they used to be: long-term appliances. TV manufacturers are mad as fuck about it, but that's the market reality.

You may be right. It'll be interesting to see the sales figures after a year or so.

Fug, meant to quote in the latter half of my post. I'm going to bed now.

I buy TV series once in while just to give the makers some coin seeing I never actually watch TV.

Yeah, and when it does break you're going to get a 4K TV. Because that's going to be the best option at the time.

Don't say 'ever' when it comes to technology. A lot of people claimed that they don't plan on ever getting an iphone and now they're sucking dicks in alleys for a few minutes alone with an induction charger.

Reminder that "4K" is actually 3840x2160

Tenia que ser el Chavo del Ocho!

I've never gotten an Iphone, so nah, fuck you cunt.

Oh, you mean, support to watch modern capeshit movies in high-definition? Sign me in, i'm definitely buying one of these consoles to be able to play blu-rays, that's for sure!

Except I get my movies from torrent sites. This literally means nothing to me. And I'm still witholding from purchasing a current-gen console because they still have no fucking games.

Yes, and that's 8,294,400 pixels.

If anything it should be called 8M. They're underselling it!

They're expensive and offer absolutely no real benefit from common models. Hell, if you are like me and barely watches TV at all, and get 90% of your entertainment on the PC anyway, it's literally one of the biggest wastes of money you could ever engage into.

So what are the specs exactly? Are they still using AMD Jaguars? Because if they are that explains why it can't play 4k Blu-Ray because lack of proper video decoding

Also, if it is still a jaguar based architecture it means it will not support DDR4 RAM so its more likely it's still using DDR3 RAM

Honestly, why the fuck didn't Sony just wait a little bit for Zen to come out? Or alternatively they could've just went with an Intel Atom design that supports DDR4 and 4k hardware decoders. Its way too late in the fucking game for them to not have full support for these things. Consoles are REALLY lagging behind PCs now

Honestly now is the right time to build a gaymen PC.
CPUs haven't gotten much faster over the last 5 years meaning you can get a top 10 CPU dirt cheap.
nvidia 10 series offer great performance at a decent price and ATI cards are cheap as chips if you are strapped for cash.

It came out like 2 years ago.

Do you think it still uses a 5200rpm HDD?

Hell, you can spend 400 bucks on an i5, GTX 9 series GPU, several gigs of DDR3 RAM and destroy the PS4, not even joking. Its not exactly hard to compete with something that literally uses AMDs lowest class of processors

It honestly wouldn't surprise me

YUO GOYIM WANT BETTER SPEC. WE MAKE BETTER PC SPEC.

NOT ENOUGH?

WE MAEK SMALLER AND BETTER SPEC.

STILL NOT GOOD ENUFF?

8 GB DDR5 RAM AND 4K

STILL NOT GOOD ENUFF?!

WHAT FOREIGNER WANT?

Aoba from the anime New Game

Isn't it GDDR5?

GDDR5 is just DDR3 but for Graphics cards

Why do they hate the European Union so much? Adjusted for inflation: the PS4 is at a higher price there than in the United States.

well , shekels are shekels
gotta earn them all

How is it Sony's fault that the Euro is a shitty currency that has degraded in value almost constantly since its inception?

I bought one from Sony, in fact to use as a PC monitor as opposed to going multi-monitor, and I have no regrets. I can have a 4K desktop for being productive and still play games at 1080p/120hz.
I'm definitely part of the market segment that would have considered buying a new ps4 if it could play 4K bluray. Still won't even consider the Bone unless they can come with at least three games I'm interested in playing on top of having the 4K player.

Blu-Ray sucks. Have you watched an old movie released on BR? The lighting in Batman '89 is fucked up! And don't get me started on Sword in the Stone.

GDDR was once just faster DDR but those days have gone, now they are a completely different thing.
If you think GDDR5 and DDR3 are the same you must think SD cards and SSDs are the same too.

Sorry, I mean the exchange rate.

There's actually a good explanation for this. European Trade Tariffs on computer hardware. Sony tried circumventing European trade tariffs by trying to sell their machines as computers (this is actually why Linux for PS2 and OtherOS became a thing) but it failed so Sony pulled out (thus removing OtherOS and pissing everyone off)

where are the games?

At E3.

You mean because they applied HDR to it? Yeah, that's a problem with remastering old movies, it's not unique to Blu-Ray.

But the medium of Blu-Ray is still better, if you don't want HDR'd versions of things, that's understandable, but don't be ignorant and assume that it's intrinsically the medium's fault.

This is actually fantastic, I was hoping it would turn out to be nothing so that when I finally have to shell out for one I could just grab the older model for cheap instead.

I don't know if you've checked the value of the Euro relative to other currencies lately, but it doesn't make much of a difference anymore. A Euro is only about 1.1 USD now, so yeah Euros are paying about 10% more, but that's arguably not even enough to justify having an awkward price between the US and British prices, so they'd rather just keep the round 400 figure.

Also trade tariffs on game consoles are gone now (I think due to Microsoft lobbying), so Sony doesn't even need all that wasted effort anymore. Still there is VAT. At the end of the day American consumers earn more and pay less. Then they get fucked over by their medical bill.

I'm guessing Sony is doing this because they're hemorrhaging money from literally every other sector. This is probably an attempt to make more money through gaming, especially after the disasters their movie department have been making, one after the other.

Better high medical bills then being decapitated by friendly refugees of peace.

Why do you idiots spoonfag mouthbreathing retards? A simple reverse image search shows where she's from.

it's like you don't believe in justice

When you don't teach a puppy where to piss and poop, you only have yourself to blame when it craps on your carpet.

Fuck off newfag.

That's why you tell them to lurk moar.

Doesn't Brazil still have insane tariffs because they're still manufacturing Mega-Drives? Or are you just talking about Europe?

On point, except the >greatest games

That doesn't work and has never worked unless you're on /a/.

And the only reason it works on /a/ is that every poster there is a hikkikomori weeaboo who is so out of touch that he thinks Moot is a hero of the people.

Elsewhere, newfags just continue to post but are never told why their posting is bad. It leads to shit like memethreads and blatant, sustained shitposting.

Just talking about EU 14 % duty for "entertainment devices". Was an issue (and led to LCD monitors without digital inputs, because "digital = entertainment"), but isn't anymore.

You think Sony will probably lie and just make it upscaled 1440p or 1080p some shit? Or they'll only now be able to fulfill their 1080p 60fps promises?

toppest

Who wouldnt

Look up "checkerboard rendering" "rainbow6". It's a clever way to get to the halfway point between 1080p and 4k with better scaling than just choosing a normal res between them.

No, it's openly going to be upscaled.

Hes said it plenty of times

By HDR do you mean high dynamic range lighting? The PS4 *doesn't* have that? And they're now using it as a selling point?! WTF is going on. I know PCMR go on about consoles playing catch up but HDR is literally over a decade fucking old.

I am not planning to buy the PS4 Pro

GPU simulates what it'd look like if your eyes adapted to the darkness so you can see though it's digital night.
Your shiny new HDR display shows the darkest darkness of night in highest precision so your eyes can adapt to the digital night if you're gaming in a darkroom, otherwise you won't see shit

GPU simulates what it'd look like if staring into the digital sun through the display melted your retina.
Staring into the digital sun on your shiny new HDR display melts your retina.

Shut up you consumerist whore and keep buying useless shit.

So are people actually falling for this shit or is it going to be the death of Sony?

Bullshit

Both

Lets wait and see.

Markcucks will defend this.

NO GAMES

Confirmed for buying at least 5 PS4 Pro

everyrime i raugh

So instead of kinda adjusting the gamma of an image they're adjusting the backlighting of the TV or something? This is so fucking retarded.

At least original PS4's will hopefully drop in price soon and I can get one dirt cheap.

XBones around me are already $150. For perspective, PS3s were around $120-$150 depending on model two years ago.

That's because you let them shit up the board. Ban newfags with a warning to lurk and shut the fuck up, or the community itself needs to enforce the rules lest it be consumed (Just as Holla Forums has been for the past few years).

I hope you die, you worthless kike.

That's just because they've already sold so many that there's practically no one left to sell them to

Weebcucks btfo

Go the fuck back to Reddit and stay there.

Indeed. All I'm asking myself about this shit is if it can be turned off once my trusty 1080p TV bites the dust and you can't get TVs without HDR anymore. Guess we'll know that in a week when the HDR update for all PS4s hits.

I bought some the other day

Dad bought some DVDs on Friday

I'm no mod, but I wouldn't mind getting my hand on one of those…

B-but user, what if Sega revives the game industry after the crash.

I hope you idiots realize the game industry crash of '83

1.) Only affected the console market. The Arcade market remained untouched (it was actually the golden age of arcade)

2.) Was centered only in North America

If the console market crashed today nothing will stop shitty games from being made on PC and Smartphones

Honestly, the only exclusives I can think of are Halo 5, some of the Forza games, and Sunset Overdrive. At least the PS4 has a semi-worthwhile game and some cool shit like Gravity Rush 2 And Ace Combat on the way.

Don't buy into the meme. I made the mistake of trying some thinking they couldn't be that bad, and even by shitty microwave food standards these things suck ass. Bland, absolutely zero flavor except for an unpleasant bland spice. Not even /ck/, but just make yourself a calzone, or better yet just make a regular ass pizza. It's not that hard and the results are magnificent.

Okay.jpg

Looks more like they're trying to emulate what smartphones do by regularly updating their hardware and trying to stiff consumers for as much as they can. The problem is that the way they introduced it with the PS4P was poor with such a pathetic power upgrade that it makes it feel like you're not getting much for your money. If I had bought a PS4 at launch, I'd be really pissed because after suffering for years of shitty games, the year the supposed good PS4 games comes out, Sony pulls this shit.

They're bachelor food, eat them when you're too lazy or don't have the time to cook. That said, they're loaded with salt. I get sick of them if I eat them more than once a week, and I prefer to eat them cold(thawed) rather than heated.

Also wtf is sony thinking releasing an "up-specced" console that isn't really up-specced. This is just going to cost them money. They need to just go and lynch whatever old nip nop fuck calling the shots so that the company doesn't just up and die by the end of the decade, leaving just Nintendo and Valve to rule the market with impunity.

Though I'd like to see companies stop pandering to consoles, and if Sony has to die for that to happen then so be it.

Remember when people thought they were going to get the entire Sega IP library when they went 3rd party and they just ended up being the Sonic/Miku/Total War company?

Gross.

Enjoy your early onset heart disease and heart attack.

Honestly, the PS4Pro and the Xbox Scorpion just seem like preemptive reactions to what they think the NX might be.

And you wonder why the exoduses keep happening.

What a useless term. Just say prices. "Price point", my ass. As opposed to what? Price line? Price square? Price sphere?

I think they're using Polaris but won't be able to utilize everything that it has to offer to maintain compatibility with the original PS4.

The issue I have with them is that they're damned expensive for what they are. I can get more microwavable food for less, by weight. A frozen pizza is roughly the same quality, and I mean the cheaper brands like Red Baron, but I get more food from it.

No, user, you are the cancer.

Oh, on the contrary, I love fried food, but unfortunately I've been rethinking my lifestyle and one thing I know is that fried foods are the best way to kill yourself young.

I get the feeling that this is an effort to make more money from the only division of Sony that's still profitable. After the disasters they've been suffering in the film business (Cisbusters is just the tip of the iceberg) they're probably scrambling to find a way to make up their losses.

Reselling pre-existing technology with a new label, less hardware, and a jacked up price is probably the fastest way to squeeze their loyal consumers.

Of course, the games division is probably feeling the pinch, too, after No Man's Buy.

It seems like every game Sony took a chance on this gen has blown up in their face so far.

But the Tflops more than doubled. Surely that means games could look amazing right? CPU doesn't do much for gaymin anyhow.

who the fuck cares about blu ray? jesus I'm prob older than everyone here and I haven't fucked with DVDs in years

I can probably give you a better answer if I had a background in merchandising and business, but I assume by price point they're referring to the point on the graph where setting cost will determine how many users will buy the product

Eg if a console costs 600, only 4000 will buy it, if it costs 500, then 5000 will buy it, and if it costs 400 then 6000 will buy it, then it becomes obvious the ideal point on the price curve (the price point) should be $500 to maximize revenue. Then they market it at $495.97 or whatever looks pleasing.

I love me some bachelor food, but like noted they're too much for what you get. They don't even have the benefit of being quick like any other food because you have to wait way too long to let them cool. By that time I'm put off my appetite and could have cooked something better by then.

Salman is going to betray and kill him.

dude whatever at least Mudasir is out of the picture

If they give a shit about the board and can maintain neutrality. If your board owner wasn't a kike and he had a good hold on mod drama and abuse, then the board might not get fucked over by rampant redditors and the following SJWs.

IT'S OKAY WHEN SONY DOES IT

Where'd you just blow in from, champ? Reddit?

Also, pretending that mods can EVER maintain neutrality is a pipedream. Anyone with any degree of experience with online communities knows that moderators go off the deep end with depressing regularity.

Even if they didn't, you're effectively pushing for a rule to ban dissenting opinions.

don't forget the "New 3DS" user :^)

But everybody's shitting on Sony.

SONY ALWAYS WINS

But you don't understand, user, it was Salman who made him doubt Mudasir in the first place!

I meant it in a general sense, retard.

Why?

Yes. But this stems from the owners generally being retards or being apathetic towards the quality of the website itself. If you have a good board owner, you will have better mods. Like with /a/, they ban the spoonfed and the spoonfeeder, and it works just fine.

Asking for sauce when you really don't need to is banning dissenting opinions? What the fuck?

Wait, did these niggers just confirm the PS5?

Because experience shows it has never worked out? And the only reason it works on /a/ is because /a/ is populated by a bunch of likeminded hikkikomoris with the same tastes. There's no influx of new posters BECAUSE they drive them off and the board will eventually wither off the vine because moeshit only has a limited market presence.

Maybe you should mosey on down to Holla Forums and see how well they keep shitposters out.

I think it's more like they're promising something they won't ever be able to guarantee.

That and the Playstation line has had troubles with backwards compatibility since the PS3. Sure, it worked, but it didn't work well or consistently. A lot of games looked WORSE on the PS3 than the Ps2.

Wut?

mark pls

not a bad game, but I prefer this one with friends

Ok.

There is an influx, they just don't let themselves get flooded with newfags. I can attest to that because I actually started going there and didn't get banned for acting like a retard. I did get a chance to see others being banned, though.

And on the other hand, being temporarily banned, such as for a week :^) might help one smarten the fuck up and lurk or leave.

Pretty goddamn well from what I can tell. Dissenting opinions don't get banned, insane shitposting does. They have one mod they keep whining about, but that seems to be relatively light in comparison to having Mark.

Stormweenies and 'hate crime' are enough to out that as bait, Sequoia. And a week's ban sure is just terrible. If you want a comparison for shit moderation, look at Holla Forums. Mods don't ban you for a week, or for shitposting. They ban you for a year, and for posting a dissenting opinion.

And hell, I'm not even recommending Holla Forums style modding. Just ban people who are obvious newfags.

The gap between "cheese" and "pasteurized processed cheese product" is a large one. I guess they're proud that they use the former, but you're eating Hot Pockets so it really doesn't even matter at that point.

why

is

your

so

spaced

out

retard

It's a habit from having to use notepad to write shit down constantly.

I bet he's a redditor

I guess I must be. Anyone who uses the enter key must be a redditor, as is anyone who points out that board quality is dropping.

Who is that semen demon?

>no 4K support
Impressed.

It's a wrong development.
-Wastes performance
-Degrades visual quality

Forcing movies to remain at already high res will preserve higher quality content and display. Res should be much lower and will have to be.

Sony can demonstrate higher quality playing of movies by using the GPU to it's full potential.
+Using high quality rendering
+Offering high quality gaussian blur
+Offering high quality upscaling/downscaling
+Offering a wide variety of hq post processing, to make movies more visually appealing or to suit tastes eg making them look like VHS rips
+An auto post processing selector that asses scenes for their environment and adjusts colours to suit, along with expanding the colour range for the relevant colours.
+Adding every pixel motion blur, so nothing ever jumps and movies appear much smoother.
+Offering high quality audio rendering, extreme quality sample rate and bit depth conversion, maybe detect scene types and add environmental sounds, and virtualised 3D setting for diffusion and reflection
+Offering high quality 2Dto3D conversion in various formats, mainly for HMD/Phone HMD viewing. Also no refresh rate requirement. People can endure flicker, cross their eyes or wear various glasses. A wide variety of options with simple pictures represeting them.
+The ability to adjust pitch, and to play movies faster (to full framerate) with sounds remaining deep/same.
+Make clothing more see through
+Take underwear off

Using 2Dto3D conversion could also form 3D objects. Assess sounds and attatch them to their positions/sources.

This further aiding immersion as sounds compliment 3D space near exactly.

Sega and Nintendo both did this to be honest fam

The main thing needed is a constant 120fps or above.

An option to force a lower render resolution and unlocked framerate would acheive this.

A higher framerate is a much better indicator of 3D space than a higher resolution.

Modes for:
60 FPS (720i)
90 FPS (360i)
120 FPS (270i)
16:9 converted to 4:3 by stretching vertically.

Nearest neighbour upscaling or 4xHQ.

3 easy modes for people not wanting to play with settings.

Quality (everything at max, ignoring framerate)
Performance (everything at lowest/maintaining framerate)
Recommended (What dev prefers/quality options set to show off specific game eg FPS high framerate, Third Person Story high quality.

Could have sequential selection too. User selects which settings they prefer 1 at a time, or the importance of them. Eg:

How important is a high res to you?
0/10

How beautiful Is a colourfull scene to you?
0/10

To what degree are high framerates required for your enjoyment?
10/10

Are imput-lag free controlls nescessary?
10/10

How much is smoothness imporant to you (AA)?
10/10

How much is clarity important to you (AF)?
0/10

Do you notice things around you changing (Pop in, Bilinear, LOD)?
10/10

Maybe take temperature of area on system startup. And allow higher overclocking when conditions would allow it.

Plastic is a waste. System should be housed in aluminum. A radiator for users to place in a water tank. Fish tank advertising. Light's not included.

Airtight, so weather doesn't impair it. Long life means more support. More incentive to make things for it.

Disc drive connected to heat sink via cord. Better disc drives for lower load times. Multiple lazers. Also larger discs when formats change. People can buy cheap disc readers that the relatively expensive system can read.

Hard drives directly attatched to heat sink, made for that, adapters for other hard drives.

Power cord attatched to heat sinks as well.

Should organise with Nvidia & AMD to put out something far in excess of what is available in return for guaranteed sales and temporary truce, so they can both work on things far better without time limits or sales to concern themselves with.

PC compatability, but through Linux/Alt openOS.

Simply press controller Button twice to load PC OS. Thrice for game selection menu from installed games (Run better with disc but not required). Once to play whatever is inserted, if nothing is them adjusting system settings.

Hrmmmmmm???? Gee, I wonder. Perhaps to play video games on? Why the fuck else would you buy a video game console?

jesus fucking christ you mong

Guys, my PC doesn't come with a microwave oven built into it, what the fuck is even the point?

A 4.2TF Polaris won't do much even with "Muh magic console optimizatiun" paired with an overclocked weak Laptop CPU. Even Digital Foundry, who made a real softball report of the event, reported that the 1080P 60FPS mode for Rise Of The Tomb Raider on the pro was incredibly shaky with frequent dips to the low 40FPS.

GPU and CPU have to work in parallel on a low level console. Realistically, you will only get 60FPS if your game targets 60FPS in the first place.

Also Bloodborne and Souls 3 are confirmed for no FPS upgrade on their patches.