Is there any "triple A" game developer/publisher with a worse reputation than Ubisoft?

Is there any "triple A" game developer/publisher with a worse reputation than Ubisoft?

EA is known for being greedy, anti consumer suits but by and large their games run.

Ubisoft has reached the point "Ubishit" is a term for their generic open world "repeat a variation of these 6 objectives till the map is complete" barebones games with yearly iterations and season passes that are now expected to be filled with crippling bugs as the normal default.
Even their E3 shows are the "set sail for cringe" portion of E3 by default as well.

They arent the most hated, but is their reputation the shittiest if you dont count Konami who are largely getting out of mainstream vidya and not making AAA titles?

Nah, EA is worse by a wide margin.

EA

Debatable now. Ubisoft and EA are locked in an eternal struggle to show who's the worst publisher of the gym.

I'm pretty sure you don't know half of what EA did then

The distinction i can make is that i have enjoyed a few scant EA titles like the first Mirrors Edge and Dead Space.

I can't name an Ubisoft game that wasn't a bug ridden abomination since Beyond Good and Evil.

Ubisoft is incompetent. EA is evil.

Also, it's really only the AAA side of Ubisoft that's incompetent. Rayman: Origins and Legends are great, and a few of there other smaller games are at least inspired, if not particularly good.

/thread

Ubisoft's problem is their design philosophy. They're deliberately trying to create franchises that they can sell to you over and over again. They want a well they can dip into every so often to ensure they acquire a specified amount of money, and then they want to fortify the well such that they can dip into it even more often than before. They want more DLC, they want more microtransactions, they want to create "brands".

I say fuck them, they're not as bad as EA, but they're getting there.

I think it takes more than making shitty IPs to make them even close to EA's level.

Ubisoft creates garbage games
EA removes great games.

they make good sports games tbh

After Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I'm giving that trophy to Square Enix.

I've never seen a more jewish DLC scheme, plus it uses denuvo too.

But people can't get off Final Fantasy's dick, and will vehemently defend SE.

Oh shit, I remember that 'real time feedback' feature during E3. That was a lot of fun to watch. RIP Gametrailers.

Hey Ubisoft, I think you have the wrong door. The rehashed buggy crap section is two blocks down.

ubisoft is absolutely worse than EA. They are both western shit houses however.

This.
EA has successfully killed off one of my favorite game franchises. I can never say Ubisoft has committed such evils.

Ubisoft montreal is shit. The other branches are ok, like whoever did the rayman platformers, grow home, or call of juarez gunslinger. The terrible shit EA and Zenimax do to their studios are far worse than copypasting gameplay

/thread

EA by a long shot.

be nice to ubisoft or they will dox you and your family.

I will never, ever forgive them for killing Dawngate. Holy shit, that was one of the only mobas out there with any potential and fucking Smite and even Strife outlived it because EA gave it the Old Yeller treatment right before a major patch.

What made Dawngate have potential compared to other mobas?

I think Sony is also putting in a good try for the title.
They're pushing indie shit at their E3 conferences to hide the fact that there are three games being released on their console each year, they put massive amounts of money into marketing their shit and other people's shit, and are releasing a VR system that requires another console purchase in order to run decently.

Maybe they aren't currently in contention, but god damn it are they trying.

Ubisoft published some good ones

I can think of studios like Bioware taht never did anything good

Perfectly summarized.

While I wanted to say at least Ubisoft is creative (making Assassin Creed 27 is not creative) Ubisoft is at least adding to the pool of vidya games.
EA on the other hand is the shark in the pool, preying on video game companies, killing off anyone they can buy.

As said, one is incompetent, the other is evil.

EA. They fucking canned blackbox and the whole Skate series.

EA, sometimes ubisoft has a sleeper title that's pretty good like Call of Jaurez Gunslinger

sony is frustratingly bad lately because i used to love their shit

EA.

FF is one of my favorite series and even then I'm appalled about Mankind Divided. It's not a happy situation to be in for me.

Which one did you lose, user?

I can't think of a company that's affected me personally more than EA.

>Battlefield Bad Company 3 never ever
>Spore

they brought it to life and killed it within one console generation

dead space 1 and 3 are only 5 years apart

I can't say EA has any bearing on my life anymore. I've already said my goodbyes to C&C what feels like decades ago. Need for Speed had a slight glimmer of hope with MW 2012, but they quickly fucked everything up in favor of making it Mario Kart, then even backpedaling that into just boring always-online-night-time mediocrity. FREE DRAG RACING, EA HAS CHANGED WOO!!!!!!!!

Nor have I cared about any annual sports or shootans.

Ubisoft had… Child of Light recently? Like fuck anyone cares about whatever else they do.

The short of it is, EA is a ravenous beast while Ubisoft is just fucking inept.

sounds about right, like i said earlier sometimes Ubisoft accidentally pumps out something good, generally unrelated to its AAA titles since they made shit out of all of those

Ubishit killed Might & Magic franchise and turn it in to mobile game.

never forget.

pachinKonami

Ubisoft, Bioware, and EA are the unholy trinity of shit honestly
I can only hope the new South Park game comes out unaffected by Ubisoft

Bethesda

It's Zenimax or some shit.

Same thing
Nice!

Hi.

Both belong to the same company.

HELLO THERE!

I remember playing with Waystone Dibs and Zalgus and some other devs during the last month and they said they were in the middle of designing a micro character in the vein of Lone Druid. The only assfaggots I ever liked and I'll never get to scratch that itch again. I was ranked in the top 50 globally and it was the only multiplayer game I was ever good at, of course it's fucking dead

I will never understand the huge amounts of praise modern Bethesda gets for the games they shit out.
Their open worlds feel lifeless because everyone except plot important characters repeats the same 3 or 4 lines.
Their stories aren't written well.
Their games are filled with annoying bugs.
They can't model a human being to save their lives.
And yet people still defend them tooth and nail.

i want to believe

FO3 was babby's first open world game, and idiots assumed it meant that Besthesda invented the whole concept. The more older among them played Oblivion first, and also think Bethesda invented open world, or at least brought it to a 'new level'. FO3 released in 2008, shortly after gaming started becoming truly mainstream, and the influx of normalfags thus flocked to it. None of them ever played or ever will play any of the older games. Nor will they ever try any non-AAA title. Since most AAA open world games suck ass, it only seems to validate their impression that Bethesda is the best of the best in this area. It doesn't even matter if the games they shit out are good - Beth is "the favourite company", and everything it makes is flawless. If it makes something truly unforgivable, then it was a small misstep caused by external factors, and the game wasn't so bad in the first place and you're just being negative, stop shitting on them because they're popular.

Also, don't forget the length. A normalfag can sink over a 100 hours into a fallout game, no problem. When the rest of the AAA titles they played only lasts them 10-20 hours, it becomes "the best" as it amuses them for the longest period of time.

As for why New Vegas wasn't too popular, it was due to several reasons. The first thing a normalfag noticed was that it looked and played exactly the fucking same like FO3, and got angry about the lack of innovation. The second thing he noticed that his favourite "bombs literally just fell even though it's 200 years later!" meme setting got replaced by cowboys, and that seriously pissed him off. The third thing he noticed was that it wasn't made by Bethesda, which was a signal to him that it's okay to shit on this game.

EA has a worse rep.

That said, EA is just in another category. Of almost any dev you may at least think they are evil because another goal makes them evil (aka, reap as much profit), EA feels like they are evil to be evil.

But ubisoft have been bad for a very long time. I remember reading a quote about them years ago on some irc quote site (bash or qdb), went basically like "A bakery could prevent their cakes from ever being stolen by covering them in shit, which would obviously destroy sales. Ubisoft are currently that baker." Ubisoft are shit. EA is just so shit they redefine what it means to be shit.

Might as well replace the third with Activision.

Fuck off gook.

Ubisoft just need to release the good stuff they do.

Low res you fucking monkey.
Kill all students.

i am replying to this

Has anyone figured out yet why is EA so fucking evil?
They are the devil of vidya.

nah nah nah fam

i could never go out lyk dat fam

(((Money))) also dey oversal milieu b da same as movie studios

lma o