Remastering CGI?

After re-watching The Phantom Menace (after several, several years) yesterday, I couldn't help but notice that the CGI has become really jarring to look at. Take for example, this scene. Jar Jar looks really bad here, mostly a result of the very early CGI, and really pulls you of of the film. I'm sure in 20 years this will look even worse. This begs the question, why haven't more film releases remastered the CGI? I'm sure they have the original footage so why haven't more and more old films gotten an uplifting? Should they even change the CGI or should they just leave it as it was, like colorizing old films in the 90's?

shut the fuck up. never post again.

Watch it in a glorious CTR televison.

Brilliant post, I'm glad you were able to put those IQ points of yours to work

tbh obi-wan and qui-gon look more out of place than jar jar.

reported

he looks bad in general. the design is silly. the character is stupid. star was is trash

Jar Jar is the best thing to come out of Star Wars, what are you talking about?

See prequelposter Counter #3, Point 3:

Lucas put a bounty up for any one who can pick out all the CGI in one of the prequel movies. Why don't you give it a shot man? Since it's so terrible you should be able to find every single pixel of it.

He COULD have been, if Lucas followed through with his original plan and made him Palpatine's Master.

Yet again, I remind you that this is a general question about all CGI and not a question about the prequels

>He COULD have been, if Lucas told his retarded audience every little detail there is to know about him and hence defeat the entire point of it to begin with
>>>/leddit/ is that way —-→

Even bad CGI should be left alone. I've always disliked revised movies; never liked the thought of someone's hard work being replaced. For example, the updated CGI and colors in the director's cut of Dark City look worse compared to the original.

Lucas probably would have released a Special Edition of Episode I-III someday. You know he would.

I don't know man, a modern graphical update for Event Horizon would be fucking amazing. As much as I love it, the movie looks dated as fuck.

he was already doing a re-releases of the prequels in 3D, likely had it in the works.
I would imagine in 2019 we would have seen a special edition of the prequels.
This is the guy who had to later edit his obscure sci-fi movie and add in CGI segments just because it bothered him.

To retard central with you and never come back.

Reddit out

It would take a long time, and tha5 of an expert group, to correctly update the cgi. Not only that, it would have to be done every 20 years when the technology improves.

Jar Jar looked fine honestly.

not in motion, also in natural landscapes he sticks out far too much
the blu-rays really demonstrate the issues better

the practical suit Jar Jar actually looked better

unironically

couldn't they have just CGI'd the head?

It's a particular problem with any 90s/00s TV series. What may have looked believable at one point in time now looks utter shit. Been going through SG1 lately and aside from the Stargate itself, virtually every digitzed effect looks like B Movie-tier garbage nowadays.

No you can't remaster the CG when its used that much. LOTR will have shit CG because of this because it was done in 2K originally. Not even the source is 4K or more for the graphics.

Although since Episode I was shot on film perhaps it would be easier to do Jar Jar and more worth it than the other prequels.

Nothing wrong with it as long as all versions are available. Blade Runner the final cut is a thing, but you can still get the theatrical cut on blu-ray if you really want to. That's the way to do it.

If you really wanna revel in the shit of 90s CGI stick on some Babylon 5.
I remember watching that shit as a kid and being blown away by how real it looked. Now it looks like it was animated on a GameNWatch

better yet - why didnt they put a human in a jar-jar costume and have an actor play him, instead of computer generating a shitty image? imagine if chewbacca would have been computer generated

His face can't done without CG.

See:

derp