Skyward Sword

Why do so many normalfags hate Skyward Sword? It's just as bad as any other Zelda game and yet it's the most detested. And a lot of the factors they say is annoying about the game was in Ocarina of Time, which is called the best Zelda game.

motion controls

The controls just aren't responsive, the amount of backtracking you have to do is annoying, you cant skip text at all, it was a weak note to go out on.

Hard to play on an emulator w/o wii stick.

Hate to break it to you but all Zelda games are shit.

imagine if you had an attack button that failed to activate 1 out of every 20 times. That's the approximate failure rate of the motion controls to attack
that's ultimately what's wrong with the game on a fundamental level

beyond that, the world and presentation is a bit weak overall, though I did like the artstyle

only by fags who refuse to play the 2d zeldas
overall the 3d zeldas all have the exact same annoying flaw: strategic combat slows down the game. Waiting for an enemy to reveal its weakpoint isn't 1/100 as fun as bashing and killing 6 or 7 in the same timeframe. Even Link Between Worlds got this right

pathetic

Your opinion isn't particularly rare. I couldn't understand why anyone would enjoy any Bioshock game but it somehow manages to be in the top 100 games of whatever list. Skyrim was very bad but it still consider one of the better games.

I think it comes from the lengthy cutscenes and lack of content in the sky. That being said it's one of my favorite 3D Zeldas next to OoT and MM

are you even swinging your wrists? because if you were actually swiping forward you wouldn't be missing

dude, you're recycling egoraptor's arguments. Watch the recopilation of his gameplay and see if he has any right to speak on vydia in general

This tbh

If you're going to blatantly rip off MathewMatosis the least you could do is mention his name. That being said motion controls didn't exactly help the game in certain areas. Nobody is actually going to defend how fucking shit aiming down with your wrist is while flying and dowsing. And for me shield bashing has never worked. I tried multiple chucks in several positions and angles. If it works 100% of the time for you faggots then great, but I put sincere effort in to trying to make it work and nothing came of it. I even tried it at a friends house and neither of us could get it to work with 100% accuracy. The sword apparently works for some of you so I'm sure I'm just "doing it wrong" as I've been told.
Otherwise the game is it's the worst "sincere" game in the franchise. Not including the joke titles like the CD-i games. It's even worse than Phantom Hourglass which I'm sure will trigger some faggots.
The gameplay is hand holdy, the plot is to time consuming and overall horribly paced. The game is just a repetitive and poorly thought out mess. The arguably best things they did to the game (design wise) was the time crystals, and even then the puzzles revolving around it were often way to simple or overused. And the best thing they did story wise was give Zelda a personality, but that just invariably went to shit as the game went on as well.

Basically when I go back to OoT the only thing I'm actually annoyed by to an extent that actually hurts my experience to this day with the game is Navi and not being able to skip dialog. SS takes that flaw and increases that flaw times 10 and then adds the flaws I mentioned prior as well. Which doesn't even start to dissect what's wrong with the game.

I liked skyward sword

Skyward Sword is not only plagued by really shitty and clunky controls and the difficulty of a kid's flash game, but it has so little content that I'm honestly surprised they even released it as it is.

In other Zelda games you get to explor a vast and interesting world, and it's clear the developers have spent a whole lot of time theming each area, making them look different, making them sound different and designing the dungeon around something that fit that area.

In this game on the other hand you keep going back to the same 3 or 4 areas which not only are designed like a motherfucking theme park that not only looks more like a mario level rather than a zelda one, but seem to always look the fucking same.

Now riddle me this. If the controls suck, the story isn't interesting (despite having the best zelda) and the places I get to go to are boring as shit, then why the fuck would I keep playing it?
I'm not that big of a fan of Zelda, but jesus at least I can appreciate the other games for the effort and the excellent game design they offer, especially for the time they came out.

But this? This is just low effort trash. They spent so much money to make it look nice on an underpowered console, but I'd still rather go play Oracle of Seasons or Ages.

Why?

Skyward Sword fucking sucks, and Zelda hasn't been good since 1999.

They don't, OP. Normalfags love Skyward Sword.

It's only Holla Forums that hates Skyward Sword, because being contrarian is fun. Notice how all the complaints in this thread are either inconsequential or apply to every game in the series.

I never hated wii motion controls that much, so that never bothered me. I thought it was a fairly standard entry in the series which is about all I expected.

I'll bite.
Spoken like somebody who didn't read the thread.

I don't know about that. normalfags tend to be sheep, following whatever opinion is popular. A popular opinion among the Youtube critics is that Skyward Sword is worse than cancer and so that mindset spread.

The problem with modern Zelda is the fucking cutscenes, not the gameplay, as the various shitty parts of the gameplay aren't consistant, but the cutscenes needing to shut the fuck up always are.

Hell, even Link's Awakening was too chatty.

Ocrania Of Time is when Nintendo decided Story/World was more important then Gameplay. How can this be? Look at fucking Links Awakening and Zelda 2. Those games are fucking by far more superior in Gameplay then any of the 3d Zeldas. OoT was okay, MM was good, TP was a stinking pile of shit, and Skyward Sword is a fucking macbook playthrough trash tier wanna be mobile game. OH right, Wind Waker was okay too.

Just stick with the 2d Zeldas if any and fuck the timeline garbage.

No it spread because it is true. It being the opinion of youtube critics is coincidental.

(checked)
Gameplay wise the game is still pretty shit. It did a lot to push the envelope but every step forward it took it fell on its ass. Not to mention the games method of holding your hand with cutscenes was also apparent in cutscenes. Dowsing was still a thing.

2D's were usually solid as fuck but the 3D titles deserve their own ring of judgement even if they borrow some core mechanics from the 2D titles.

was also apparent in gameplay*

I'm off to bed because of that.

The only real complaint I have is that it feels like two completely different games stuck together. They should have just concentrated on making one or the other and really filling out and polishing that game up.

controls

Honestly I don't know. I played this game to the end three times, first two times one after another and the third time a month or so later. I really enjoyed it and it felt a lot more personal than most other Zelda games. Link wanted to save the girl, that was basically his whole goal.

The art style and everything reminded me of a good Disney movie, and the motion controls were really memorable and satisfying even if they fucked up in a few instances (easy to correct). Stabbing something just right or whatever was way more satisfying than pushing A to attack. The score was the best I've heard in a Zelda game as well.

I played it on Dolphin with the Dolphinbar. The graphics could have been even better but my computer is years old now.

Oh yeah, I don't know who was bitching but I have been playing this on Dolphin with a controller and it is fucking amazing.

Good aspects about the game do not save it form being trash. All they do is show wasted potential.

He's whining in the other Zeldo thread too.

But STREAMLINING IS CASUALIZATION! FUCK!
DUUHHHH

Because you're a dumb kike OP. Skyward Sword is shit, the other 3d console Zeldas are all phenomenal, especially Majora. Kys

You are such a faggot.

Awful controls with backtracking up the ass and has some intense handholding.

And little-to-no exploration and a companion infinitely worse than Navi topped off with constant reminders about shit you already fucking know.

Does anyone have that chart of how to map the buttons on an xbox controller?

I think you need three profiles or something.

Except that isn't true at all. OoT doesn't have stiff, shitty, unresponsive combat. It doesn't have repetition ad nauseum. Exploration was organic and not over tutorialized. The game world felt lively and not barren unlike the shitty, floating, worthless islands.
Majora a best

You're right about OP being wrong, but that particular bit bothered me. It really wasn't in Ocarina. It was pretty much a game about instruction following with very little freedom. Its still better than Skyward, but explorative it was not.

Majora is best doe

pleb detected

There is no bad Zelda game.
Except the CD-i ones, I guess.

That's a pretty normalfag opinion

Agree fully, OoT is when Zelda jumped the shark and became something completely different. It's basically a different genre at this point. Although, at least, OoT was a decent game in its own right (even if not as good as the 2D titles.) After that it just got worse and worse.

Zelda lore went from pic related to Tingle and toon pirate Zelda of all fucking things.

I kind of want Nintendo to take advantage of their bullshit Historia timeline and get varied themes in their Zeldos.
With the fucked up Zelda timeline you can get your edgy games, cutesy games, weird games, and keep them all sort of canon.

I hate the gimmick controls, same as with the ds zeldas.

It's an opinion of good taste, something you'll never know.

Ego is a piece of shit, and most of his cartoons, when looked back upon, are things that only young teens could really laugh at. I will give the guy credit though, in that his sequelitis videos are actually on point, even if he himself sucks at games.

Because their favorite ecelebs told them to hate it.

Spirit Tracks' controls aren't bad.

I rage quit SS after the stupid quest where I had to protect that faggot robot carrying a bathtub up the mountain for literally no good reason. They could have cut that entire segment and nothing would have been lost. It was padding in its most blatant form.

That's really how the whole game felt to me: padded out.

Like the Stamina Meter. Why the fuck do we need that at all? What does it add? Nothing but tedium.

It had a couple of good puzzles here and there, but most dungeons felt like a chore.

Skyland was really detailed and polished; too bad the rest of the Sky was practically empty.

Fuck I hate this game.