Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11173298
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-with-your-gamecube-controller-in-your-3ds-without-hardmod.435788/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=NYpbXcJPXmw&feature=youtu.be&t=445
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NHhmcPPshEhQxgo7Cq1X8ZpcYHGGha0lUCtZwY3byaQ/edit#gid=924717234
twitter.com/YOSHIDA_HD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't want to dislike gaijin hunter, but what the fuck is with this video?

This is the kind of shit i'd expect from a little kid using youtube for the first time, thinking "omg this is gonna be sooo funny".
Seriously what's the point?

DOHOHO I FOUND THIS THING BUT I'M GONNA SELL IT BECAUSE PROWLER 4 LAYF OH NO HE LE DIDN'T

It's just so stupid, like he's got the mind of a small child.

I'm not sure what more you were expecting

He IN THE RESOURCES YOU JUST POSTED.
Under "weapon tutorials and more".
Do you even read the shit you copypaste when you make a new general, goddamn.

The OP pasta is a composite of lots of material compiled over time, I'm not going to cut material out of it just because I have no personal use for or interest in it.

Gaijin Hunter fell out of favor here when he went on a pro-censorship tirade when Fire Emblem came out.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, What the fuck did I do today?

Is it worth to get 3ds for this? Or should I fuck of to 3ds thread?

If you like monster hunter, totally. Even if you don't like mhx there's always 4u and 3u, plus all the other games to pirate. You don't even need a cart anymore, check the 3ds thread for more informations.

There's a good chance you're gonna get v& for a crime you didn't commit. Also, you're gonna be on the recieving end of lots and lots of butt play with your fellow inmates.
Nothing you can do about it - the numbers have spoken. Might as well get started on those Kegel excercises m80

Did they make HR harder than usual? It just took me 40 minutes to solo an Agnaktor, it usually took me up to 20 minutes to solo anything HR in MH4U. Granted my GS wasn't exactly good for the job, 160 raw, 30 fire damage, green sharpness.

What did you expect?

pretty much this
Actually i think they made hr easier. I usually couldn't solo rajang or have at least a hard time with it, while here it was like fighting a congalala.

Also can i see how many of you play generations and how many cross? i want to see if i need to switch version to play together
strawpoll.me/11173298

I'm too lazy to craft a new weapon.

Generations is shit. There I said it.

It's not like that's a rare stance
It is pretty shit

His advice is also shit, "if you start deflecting off a monster, keep attacking until he gives you a chance to sharpen"

That's been the consensus for awhile, hell even when Gen wasn't out and it was only cross that was the general consensus among people who played.

It is amateurish as hell, but it fixed too many of big guy's mistakes for me not to like it.

Then don't complain when it takes 40 minute for you to kill shit and start thinking "oh they made HR harder".
Craft something better you dummy.

You're using Glavenus GS, right? This is around the time where Glavenus weapons stop being good raw options and instead become decent fire weapons. GS play is all about that raw damage, so try to find something with higher attack and better sharpness if you don't want to complain about times.

I got a save editor for 4U, but I can't find an option to edit quest completion data. I just want to hack my friends one forward to G2 so we can fight the Gog and Shah together, Gen is terrible for big monsters.

He's gonna have an awful time, Gen teaches you so many horribly habits for MH4

I got him started on 4, so going back for a few quests won't be too bad.

I find myself going back a fair bit just so I have something fun to fight.

Like what ? I've been playing Gen and 4U concurrently last month and didn't notice much trouble. Gen gives you psychoserums and energy drinks too easily but nothing else comes to mind.

Hunter Arts, much more generous Iframes on rolls. Styles existing. Charge Blade changes, Hunting Horn Changes, BG changes, IG changes, SnS Changes.
Just a lot of things.

This is only true with bushido. It's still 6 > 10 > 12 iframes, but no evasion +3 in MHGen.

I know, it's just such a bad habit it needs mentioned twice.
Hell even a third time.

Those are changes for sure, most of them questionable, but I'm not sure about bad habits. Like, HA's are neat bonuses but can you really depend on them outside of the swaxe ? Or maybe if you come to use adept as a crutch I suppose. Aerial is too different from normal gameplay to stay with you in a game it's not in.
Then again, I might just be daft because I didn't notice changes to the charge blade. IG sure, since the whole kinsect thing was revamped for the better. Other weapons I'm not too familiar with.

You weren't playing CB right then in 4U.
Hell Charge blade got changed the most from 4U to gen in that it completely killed it's entire Guard Point setup and focus on them

CB in 4U was horrendously OP and needed to be nerfed.

I will never, ever, ever stand for any person that thinks CB was fine in 4U.
The only people that seriously think it was fine were people that abused it to hell and back.

Want to talk about bad habits, you little fucking bitch?
4U CB, the ENTIRE THING, was a big goddamn bad habit and the ultimate crutch.

Go eat a barrel of dicks.

It needed changed, but I'm not defending it shark jumper.
It changed a huge amount from 4U to gen, nothing is going to change that.

CB is not my main weapon by a long shot, but I have been playing it in both games. Just not in any endgame capacity, so I likely missed a lot of shit.

I think you should hit the head with HH.

I still don't understand why they decided "oh man too many people are using the hunting horn, better nerf it's stun and give it nothing in return"

It was a completely broken weapon in the hands of some speedrunners.

It needed a nerf.

anyone figured out how to uncap the framerate using cheating tools yet?

I'm already playing on my n3ds with NTR viewer and input redirection, but even with the comfy proper controller and monitor experience, this 30fps framerate cap is hurting my eyes.

I need to push it to the next level.

It was the slowest weapon for competitive clear times in hunts.
Hell LBG and Bow Beat it for solo clears.

OKAY FAGS

post your favorite weapon, favorite hunting style and favorite hunting arts along with your thoughts on each

I'll start: Switch Axe, Aerial, Trance Slash

Switch Axe feels like it was buffed a lot in Gen. With Aerial, Mounting +1 and mounting food skill activated I am constantly mounting monsters over and over. The blade mode of the switch axe makes it insanely good for mounting monsters and dishes out great damage while keeping a lot of mobility while near the monster. I've noticed a few frenchies using the switch axe + aerial, so it's starting to feel like the new Insect Glaive.

Only downside is having to reload from time to time. Trance Slash is neat, but it's only there for the sake of having some hunter art.

I also heard a rumor that anyone who uses a Gunlance in /mhg/ halls gets instakicked. Is that true? If so, why?

Why havent the Tonfas been brought over from Frontier into the main games yet?

Long Sword.

They didn't do shit.

I don't main any weapon, but I'm most confortable with the swaxe, and I have the most fun with bugstick. Not even vaulting with it all that much, I just like how it's careful building then going fucking berserk.
However if you're using trance slash on swaxe, you completely missed the fact demon riot is broken as fuck, even if you don't abuse energy charge.

Because the Frontier players riot every time frontier content gets brought into mainline, they get mad over monsters, and they'd go fucking nuclear over tonfas.

Well first of all our halls are like 10 faggots max, the vast community of the chan hunting groups are on /vg/, so our decisions are somewhat inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Secondly, i seriously doubt that's the case, the main reason why i would think someone would want this is because GL shelling can be disruptive towards other players, but i used to main GL in the old days, GL CAN work when playing with other players, it just takes experience and understanding of your position relative to the people that surround you.
I doubt it has become so bad that people here auto-kick GL, seems like a made up rumor to me.

Who the fuck cares about tonfas, give us motherfucking fist weapons.

Tell me more about this frankenstein setup of your's. I'm already rock hard

test

I'm using a n3ds with the arm9 exploit installed.

I'm using it with Ntr 3.4 preview 2 to use NTR viewer which streams your 3ds screen to your pc.

use it in combination with this

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-with-your-gamecube-controller-in-your-3ds-without-hardmod.435788/

to get controller usage on top of that.

how does it look? could i stream with a normal 3ds XL or is it too much?

it looks fine I guess, just slap a filter on it or something if it bothers you.

Definitely gonna need a n3ds though, the cpu can't handle it. on the o3ds

Neato.

Do you experience any significant input lag?

what's the point of playing these games besides farming for shit and fighting harder reskins of the same handful of bosses over and over and over

what's the point of playing videogames?

Hunting Horn, Guild, Harmonize, Arisen Phoenix

I'm not an expert with monhun, I only started late into mh4u. I've usually stuck with HH because I love the movement speed and support role. Seeing everyone in the party with attack and defense buffs feels good. The stun nerf didn't do much for me, since I usually use HH to exhaust monsters anyway. The double notes make juggling boosts much easier so I'm enjoying that a lot, too.

I use guild because it didn't seem like the other styles added much compared to some of the other weapons. Harmonize makes it easier to get performances out faster if I need to, and Risen Phoenix has great synergy with HH.

Long animations, especially the performance animations, tend to fuck me over sometimes. I think I'm getting a better feel for it, though.

Here's a tip: always encore to the left if you have to encore.
That's it, you're now the best at HHing on the head.

Nah, you'll only experience input lag if you have a crappy router. the whole thing depends on you having a dual band router.

I have MH3U on the 3DS, is there any point in getting the wiiU version beyond muh widescreen ?

None, and i say this as someone that owns a wiiu, and owns the game on wiiu.

The port has problems, big problems, in addition to the framerate being inconsistent, the game itself differs from the 3DS version because it has INPUT LAG.
You'll immediately feel it if you try it out, it fucks up your timing on anything you try to do.

Stick to the 3DS version, it remains the superior one.

Thanks, I knew about that shorter animation, but unfortunately I can't always pull it off. The camera is my greatest enemy.

What it really needs is a buff to the song playing.
Maybe allowing you to walk slowly while playing, make it a multi hit attack, or make you able to roll out of it a couple frames earlier.

This is the only game that does reskins right.
How many of you knew zamitrios was actually a reskinned tetsucabra?
And they only share i think one single attack, even the breakparts work differently.

Yeah, I can do without that in my life.

What's the point with no online multiplayer?
To solo it?

Anyone who looked at amphibian monster type ? It's not like those aren't obvious thinly veiled excuses for recycling or anything.

user, go fuck yourself.

That's exactly what recycling means though. Taking existing material and making something new with it.

What does multiplayer have to do with video games?

They play differently, so i don't care.
I could understand if you were complaining about Zinogre/Stygean or any Gravios/Rathalos subspecies, but all monsters in 4U are top notch.

Most people enjoy jolly co operation.
In my specific case i got my gf into mh4u and it pains me we can't play mh3u if one of us doesn't get the inferior version on wii u + a new console.

There are better, less autistic games to co-op with.

Like Contra or Metal Slug.

But user 1996 was 20 years ago, and that's only for the most recent of those games.

You should maybe read better.
Yes, those monsters are in 4U but they were introduced in other games.

You're supposed to co-op locally.

AGAIN, i need to explain this almost every fucking thread because Holla Forums is composed of people that literally can't understand the world outside themsleves and their little hugbox universe of habits and their local city/country (not talking about you specifically, just the shitty attitude i see a lot around here).

MH main co-op mechanic, AS INTENDED BY THE DEVELOPERS, is to play this in the same area other people are playing the game.

The hunts are TIMED FOR THIS SPECIFIC REASON.

MH is meant to be played while waiting for the bus, while on the train to work or school, and during breaks at work or school, and afterwards when you have free time by inviting friends over, going at some friends house, or joining a MH club where dozens of people play together every day (yes this is an actual thing in japan, there's even MH themed cafes).

This is why MH games didn't have native online multiplayer (on handhelds).
They've started implementing native multiplayer FOR US WESTERNERS MOSTLY.
It's a feature the average MH fan in japan didn't use to give a shit about, NOW they give a shit because in japan smartphones rule supreme, and so there's less people using handhelds, but there's still a shit ton of people playing MH around there, and the clubs and specialized meeting points haven't shut down or anything, so your average japanese MH player has many, many options.

People need to understand that at it's core, this is a japanese series, made for japanese players in mind, and revolving around their daily lives in terms of core design.
Westerners and their needs will always come second.

This. It was always better with local co-op because it's the way it "should" be played. Game is designed around this philosophy

Yes and?
We should make no room for improvement because of what it was supposed to be in the first place?

What are your settings? I'm not getting higher than 20fps in town, with quality = 90

user, a focus on online multiplayer doesn't automatically always lead to improvement.

Remember what happens when you take MH, and you make it focus ENTIRELY around the online aspect.

Hard Corps Uprising ain't that old though.

No, that's what happens when you let an entirely different team work on it.
There is literally nothing wrong with online multi, if there still is a way to make rooms private.

Most "legit" contra fans hate hard corps uprising and think it's animu bullshit.

not me tho, i love it

They still a bunch of insufferable shitbirds/-lizards.

Why are we on the billionth iteration of this series and they still haven't scaled the monsters based on party size?

Because they use other solutions instead.
Just to name one, sometimes monsters in DLC hunts will have way more damage and HP, but increased droprate of certain parts.

The mindset of the team is more like "if you're looking for a group challenge, there's this stuff you can do" as opposed to arbitrarily imposing it onto everyone.

"Most people" also don't enjoy video games, your point?

Yeah, but solo play for some triple and quadruple hyper monster quests is frustrating as shit because they have so much health, and it's hard to find anyone to play them with.

Thank goodness, last thing we want is MonHun to turn into Fire Emblem

Because the default health of the monsters is meant for single player, and people who play multi are doing it because they want it to be easy, so it would defeat the purpose if they strengthened the monster when more people joined.

And yet we have hyper monsters have near double hp in gen

Say i have a friend i meet at school that plays the game and we hunt toghether everyday.
Say that he's bound home for a few days, and you wanna play with him, so you hook up on phone and make an online room and play.
It opens new possibilities, it's not like local mp has been deleted.
You guys are worse than genwun pokemon autists.

Keep in mind Cross isn't by the main team, entirely different people made it. Tsujimoto and crew are working on Monster Hunter 5 independently of the Cross crew.

Gen does feel like a fangame. Plenty of good ideas but amateur work on the whole.

Are you using regular ntr viewer or nitrostream?

This is mine.

Fuck this and fuck the monsters that always spawn to fuck you over.

Any chance that PS4 port of Frontier will come out in the west? Will we even want it if it does?

Probably not.
Also that isn't Frontier.

I know but dumb looking over designed monster so it reminded me.

It's that chunk mmo but chances are Frontier will never make it to the west and if it did it wouldn't be too successful.

Yeah it has a monthly fee right, I can't see that doing well here, unless the MH fanbase in the west is that dedicated. Although they could just remove the fee like Black Desert Online did when it came to the west.

No.
No.

Frontier is fucking trash, frontier is SCIENTIFIC PROOF that turning MH into a MMORPG is a bad idea.
MH must be contained in a series of titles that makes it start over again and again with incremental improvements over each title, bloat fucking kills this game, hard.

Source on that webm?

Rajang's intro in mho.

Rajang's one of my favourite bosses.
Did any of you ever pull a hammer stun on it?
I did it only once i believe, maybe two.

Every time I fight it.

RANKING UP TO HR7 NIGGERS LETS GO

Room: 32-7620-9313-7813
ID: 9980

in MHGenerations*

Lance, Striker, Enraged Guard III, Spiral III(Absolute Evade Battle), Absolute Evasion.

In the past games, my main weapon has been HH and SA but after trying out Lance in Gen. It feels really great, even though I'm not a big fan of the new third poke which makes it feels really slow. A lot of people favor Evade lancing, but -NOTHING- makes you feel like a man when you do guard lancing and especially with the addition of Hunter Arts, you can get 2 evade arts and it makes you dance in the battlefield while guard countering monster's shit and poking their butt. MHGen feels like it's made for lance, it's funny how a defensive weapon is more offensive than their offensive counterpart GL now.

Also, a tip. If you have Enraged Guard ready. and the monster is being mounted or out of the area. Always bring LBB, Guard poke and instantly press Enraged Guard. There's no need to wait for monster's attack. Also, if you're using striker lance. Stop spamming Charge attack finisher, I don't care if it's buffed to have 70mv attack. It's disruptive to your team, knocking your buddies down but also leaves you vulnerable as fuck if you're spamming it on a non toppled monsters.

Aerial Lance is especially fun.
Really a lot of weapons become really fun when you play them aerial, but at the same time they become ripetitive because you're doing the same thing over and over again with very little downtime.
Aerial GS: jump on something, pam pam pam max charge slam dunk.
Aerial Lance: jump on something, shishkebab multi hit downwards coming down.

I wonder how this could be fixed and made more varied while keeping it balanced.
If they allowed us to dodge mid air it would break the pattern but also make aerial insanely OP, there's gotta be a better solution.

Maybe a second type of dodge ? One that closes distance better but doesn't do mount damage.

Oh yeah actually the #1 request i've seen from the community is to have a separate type of aerial damage that allows you to hit a monster mid air without applying mounting damage.
I doubt the team will take this into consideration but a lot of people really want to play aerial without having to mount all the time.

I agree, GS in particular somehow manages to become even more repetitive than Guild Style GS is. Neither the Adept nor Aerial options for it really make it on-par with the other weapons, honestly.

Aerial Hammer is a ton of fun, as is aerial dual blades, but I think the key to making a weapon not repetitive in Aerial style is to give the player ground options as well. Dual blades still has its entire moveset minus the Demon Dance; Hammer can still charge, and though the charge levels are toned down, they can still be used to close gaps and triple-pound. Hunting Horn only loses the two-A tap, replacing it with a blunt tap from the bottom of the weapon. Great Sword, by contrast, loses its main charge attack, meaning the ONLY way to get a charge attack off with it is to use the aerial mount.

In other words, instead of gimping your main damage dealing and movement options when you pick aerial, make it something extra, so the players aren't stuck using JUST that option because everything else is woefully ineffective.

I don't understand this complaint, to be honest. Mounting only happens two, maybe three times a fight, even all-aerial. It's a strict bonus to the players; the monster gets toppled, the other players get a chance to heal/sharpen/reload/re-up their effects, and the worst case scenario is that you fail, the monster doesn't get toppled, and you continue the fight.

Well it's simple, a lot of people suck ass at mounting.
So they want to do damage mid air but not mount, because when they mount they fuck up and get screamed at/kicked out by other players.

Yes, failing a mount isn't the end of the world, but most of the community flips the fuck out about it "if you suck at mounting then don't mount" so they find themselves in a situation where they find aerial fun and doing mid air damage fun but mounting is completely tied to the style so they're forced to do something they're not good at unless they straight up switch styles.

This is more of a problem created by the community itself i suppose, than an inherent design flaw.

I'd say that's less a problem of the community and more a problem of players not gitting gud.

That makes sense, but like said, the player should just git gud. Mounting is piss easy, and though there ARE reasons you can fail a mount (Aerial Dual Blades is bad about this if you activate demon mode at the start of a fight and then get a mount near the end of your stamina bar), for the most part, mounting is an incredibly easy thing to do. Hold R the whole time, mash X until you see the tell, wait for the orange monster mouth to turn back to green, and then continue mashing X.

Especially now that you can't be fucked over by your teammates, mounting is even easier.
Aerial GS a shit though, it's something like 30% less damage on a level 3 compared to guild

For shame

You can just hold R even when mashing ?

The idea is that you trade damage with reliability.
Instead of waiting for an opening and carefully positioning you keep jumping on the monster landing level 3 charges the entire hunt, if you do the math you end up doing more damage in a much shorter amount of time.
But the real trade off is that it's boring.

Another real tradeoff is you can topple but your damage during topples is garbage compared to guild's

Not to mention for sleeping monsters. Still, Aerial GS to me is much more fun.

Yup. X overrides R, so once you mount, just hold R the whole time.

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but now that I'm playing Dual Blades, Hammer, and Hunting Horn this game, going back to Great Sword just feels slow and like I'm missing out on most of the game's new gameplay.

Infuriating.

I've already more or less decided I'm not messing with Hyper Monsters for the forseeable future. The game is a blast with the new styles, even if it's easier than previous games, and from what I've been able to see a lot of the skill point caps have been reduced, making it less rewarding to grind for good armor.

Don't mind me, I'm just playing 3ds games in the superior way.

Normal funlance(long is fine too, but there is only one long gl and it's neither deviant, nor gets benefits from bludgeoner), aerial, dragon's breath.

Set:

Somewhat stylish dakka dakka rape machine. Guard +2 and lance's shield play the role of a setup for a counter attack which is more dakka if you haven't guessed. As broken as 4u's CB, but instead of stun I get mounts.
It's literally at least twice as powerful than aerial GS, both in damage and mount values, plus it ignores hitzones and you don't have finicky aiming mechanics.

This style is a proof that "b-but muh heat gauge" people are just a bunch of a whiny retards that don't know shit(or don't play, for that matter).

Maybe on 4chins, because 8ch mhg barely plays. And the ones that do are just glad to have anyone that are not randoms.
As of pubs, it's actually others that get sent off flying of course. No matter how I'd try to scale down the dakka, the only way to prevent this is to make them learn by example: don't go in front of the crazy gunpowder turtle or you'll get sent flying. The rule of thumb is, if someone is sent flying then they are attacking the wrong place, since I generally tend to either aim for the body(slicing weapons should go for tail or wings, hammer - body, hh collecting herbs in another area until songs start to run out) or go for the highly armored targets.

I think I'm hooked

HOW

Double notes are pretty fun.

See post

I don't think you would get too much of a fps boost

As an ex-GL mainer, no, this is not the "rule of thumb" at all.

GL by it's very nature WILL blow people away even if they're correctly positioned, the blast is complicated to keep under control.

It's the responsability of the gunlancer to check his positioning and the tip of the GL to minimize the possibility of blasting people away as much as possible.

The "get the fuck out of my way" mentality doesn't work because in recent games you're not doing nearly enough damage to justify you taking precedence over more efficient weapons.

If playing with friends, they'll shit talk you a bit but you'll be fine.
If playing with Holla Forums or randoms, if you keep up this attitude you'll be kicked pretty quickly.

GATHERING HALL JUKEBOX WHEN?

fun, but they're not good.
You should be using your song a lot as it's a pretty decent damage attack.

They should have made each village have its own elder dragon to beat.
Kotoko: Lao or Fatalis
Pokke: Shen Gaoren or Yama Tsukami
Yukumo: Amatsu
Bherna: Nakarkos
And had the kotoko elder give you a quest to kill the monoblos.

I miss the arm wrestling. They need to include some sort of mini game to decide who picks the next hunt. Maybe darts?

Bowling with tiny dobson sharks.

sure you would on the n3ds. The framerate was only capped for the original 3ds. Because their netcode was wonky and it was causing desync issues when the framerate wasn't matching up between clients. This was only an issue with the O3ds because it struggled to maintain 60fps online, so they just locked both consoles to 30 lazily and called it a day.

Holy shit, I love being a speedtrapping SnS status slut. my shoryu aim is shit though, please bully me

oh my

Are you retarded?
>normal gunlance will blow people away even if they are properly positioned
Yup, you are.
And now 1 point at the time.

>It's the responsability of the gunlancer to check his positioning and the tip of the GL to minimize the possibility of blasting people away as much as possible.
It's not my responsibility that you are too retarded to get away from 2 to 3 second blast that once started I have barely control over(and I am not talking about wyvern fire here). I might as well not attack at all.
Way to combine games with one of the worst applications of gl and with one of the best.
How is LBB+ + LBB + SBB per dakka - not enough damage? And that is not counting the dragon's breath which boosts it by 1.25-2 times. >inb4 "but from my 4u experience it's too slow"
Only happened once and I think it was because I just had a bad day. So thanks for the advice that would never ever help me.
>Implying Holla Forums goers aren't my only friends
And they didn't shit talk me either
yet

Yeah, you're not doing enough damage to justify tripping people. GL is mid.

Yes it is, and you get kicked if you don't watch yourself.
Compared to everything else, in terms of damage/time ratio?
Don't make me laugh.
Sure thing buddy.

Tbh i know exactly the type of player you are, you're the type of shit for brains that boasts about how he's hot shit and his GL mad skillz are so fucking good when everyone else in his group just thinks he's a loud annoying asshole shelling all over the place disrupting the flow of the hunt not letting other people do their fucking job.

"only happened once" my ass, i bet you get kicked every other hunt you cancerous little shit.

Am I just gay or is mh4u better than generations?

Like, I love the new abilities and shit, and I love prowler mode, but it seems lacking in content compared to 4u, and the game feels fucking p3rd levels of ez mode

Nope, Gen is not very good

I feel like I would like it just as much as I liked 4 if they just didn't make it so fucking easy.

Like, I know I've been playing MH since freedom on the psp, but danm did I slay that fucking moccadrone in like 30 seconds.

I have no words, only reaction pictures.

I don't understand how dealing more or equal to gs lvl 3 charge on a weakpoint is not enough damage to not justify knocking people away from the spots they shouldn't even be near to begin with.

You don't do anything near a level 3 GS. Maybe a level 2,

Scrub detected, all shell based attacks do static damage regardless of body part.

I'm about to play emulated MH3rd portable and it's going to be the first time I've played a MH game since I was obsessed with MHFU 5-6 years ago.
What am I in for.

100 Hours of fun.
Remember to play at 115% speed(35fps) and to bump it up to 300-500% while gathering.

A pretty good time, MH3P is a really good entry point for coming back to the series.

Comfiest village, best farm, and best buff system the series has ever seen.

Well c'mon now.
I mean it was different and fit the theme but do you even know how many rooms people made exclusively to ERP in the hot spring?
a lot
Also it was kinda slow and limited compared to what we have now.

Sounds pretty great, I've wanted to come back to the series for long while after completely overplaying MHFU but didn't want to buy a modern nintendo console just for one game, maybe this will convince me to do it.

Why the 115% speed? Was it played at 35fps on the ps4 originally?

got MH4U in the mail today

What weapon should I main
I usually use lance
no bows of any kind

peanus weanus

Gays not welcome

…then just keep using lance.
Hell you can keep using lance in MHG too, it's been consistently great throughout.

Or send c3a44f a check in the mail for taking care of this retard.

You're welcome in my gaping boyhole anytime.

If you don't want to go all out and buy a proper nintendo console, you can always get a 2ds for like 60 dollars, slap CFW on it and install MHG and go ham.

It would give you access to the rest of the library too, and I'm SURE there is at least one fucking game you're interested in. That said though, P3rd is stupidly easy and lacking in content, I blew through the entire game in about 40 hours. I probably could've done it even faster if i didn't idle so much.

I recommend you start with mh4u if you're trying to get back into monster hunter man, They changed so much mechanic wise that it feels so fresh and exciting.

Let's say I use judgement with bludgeoner on a 0.5 hitzone.
(250+15)*1.05*1.1*1.3*0.5=199
Let's say I use lvl 4 normal shell with listed skills without dragon's breath.
150*1.2*1.1=198

Here version that is easier for you to read:
x >= gs lvl 3 charge on a weakpoint.

Okay that's nice and all, but once again Shells do static damage, they completely ignore monster resistances and always apply the same damage indicated on the respective charts, regardless of position or monster. There is and never has been a weakpoint for a gunlance shell based attack.

I don't know if this is the same with the support skills, but that much I know is the 100% certain.

And there's your problem, you're calculating shell damage way wrong

Not seeing how that's a problem for the game, just don't play with other people.

It wasn't slow though, you just sit down, and sit right back up to get the buff. Even if you skip the short cooking movie, the animation of eating afterward takes longer. And it wasn't limited either, because you had the drink seller right there to give you the skills. In fact, it was less limited, because you didn't have to worry about getting the "fresh" ingredients and bullshit like that.

At this point I would say to nab a New 3DS and CFW it, there's a huge goddamn library or shit you can pirate, and they're slowly getting more emulators out for it too. In the meantime though, go ahead and play Portable 3rd, it's a real treat.

Big Guy room up, hunting Zinogres because it's got the only Thunder-resistant armor that doesn't look like ass. Pubs are failing me tonight.
ID: 05-5320-6166-2684
Pass: 0088

MHG or MH4U are you hunting hyper or regular zinogres?

4U, and G-Rank Zinogres, specifically for skymeralds.

Half the fun is kicking the monster's fucking dick in and harvesting its organs for equipment, the other half is making the equipment.

Tell me where exactly am I wrong.

Okay, that's nice and all, but how does it relate to my post?
I even made it easier to understand, but you still got something mixed up. I'll try to repeat it again:
My shell based attack(which, everyone should and probably already did know, ignores any and all hitzones) deals more or equal damage to a gs's lvl 3 charged attack landed on a monsters weakspot.

Are you high rank?
The Garuga armor in G Rank is resistent to thunder and has got some real great skills.

Gore Magala armor looks wristcutter as fuck in Big Guy Edition, I like it a lot.

I wanted full gore magala gear too, but fuck the feelers.

I've never had trouble breaking the feelers but there again I'm a Charge Blade shitter (though in my defense I legitimately didn't know about the whole red-shield charge mechanic until well into HR). Break as much as possible, wait for him to frenzy, then mount, knock him over and slam a phial combo into his stupid head.

I wouldn't exactly say hard, just needlessly annoying in design. Rage mode is normally common in monsters, but you have a drop that is
Call me a scrub but I'll take my chances with RNGesus over this.

Going back to kiranico, I see you have a low chance of getting more than one per hunt by capturing, so that's my mistake.

Fast question here, is rxTools the best cfw or is there something better? And if yes why. From what i read it doesnt brick, is easy as fuck and supports FBI for CIA.

There's Luma3DS which works identically and has a nifty updater you can install as a cia, also native_firm protection so stuff that's dependent on certain home menu versions like NTR won't break if you update emunand. Though RxTools is handy to keep around for some things like dumping xorpads and other such things, I keep around Luma as my actual CFW and keep RxTools around for its tool collections in the pre-launch menu.

is there a noob proof description on how to install. I only can find the one using arm9loaderhax. If thats the only one im good, just want to know if there are alternatives

Luma3DS itself you can just dump into your Homebrew Launcher's 3ds folder like RxTools and load in Menuhax or whatever other HBL entrypoint, if you don't want to do A9LH. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Frankly I don't really know of any CFW alternatives that aren't deprecated to hell and back.

well thanks, i'll try not to brick my o3ds

If you're going ahead with A9LH then I hear there's not much to really worry about with the whole procedure if you follow it to the letter and do everything the guide says as it says it. If you're just dumping it in your 3ds folder and having done with it then there's no brick risk at all, when you load it through HBL it'll just use the emunand partition that RxTools was already using.

I wish we still had jhen mohran.
Dahren is such a pain to navigate and break.

If you color the whole Chaos Gore Magala armor in red it becomes a succubus armor for females.

Been curious about how most of the female armor looks since I've been going through with a male character but I guess it wouldn't be that difficult to just flip the gender over with a save-editor or something.

You mean that one ?

Dude shells don't deal extra damage if you hit them on the weakspot, what do you not understand? Lmao

go to

Now if only I had friends to kick their dicks in with.

I think there's a Discord floating around here somewhere to organize hunts and such.

But I've practically just started the game. Wouldn't that make me unfavorable for playing the game with?

Define "practically" since some people will advise you never touch online to any capacity until you've hit/beaten G rank, though in general it's a good to to abstain until you've gotten into HR so you've developed comfortably with your weapon and have half an idea of what does what.

I haven't completed the mission set with the great jaggi hunt yet. I've just unlocked the ability to go on expeditions and I've only just realized that the guild hall has an entrance to a different map

Oh, ouch, you really have completely just started. Get comfortable with mechanics before thinking about touching online, learn what items make what and get comfortable with how you approach a hunt as well as the capabilities of your favorite weapon.

Tutorial quests can help you try out a different weapon type and I suggest you do that instead of cobbling together a weapon out of materials to give greatsword a try or something, if you don't like the weapon it'd be a waste.

Oh, also, if you're a completionist then make sure you do the guild quests in the Gathering Hall from the Low Questatrix. The majority of six-star low-rank Caravan quests aren't available whatsoever until you're at rank 7 for guild quets.

No it doesn't at all.
Your "example" aside from needing a fullburst and load up time and 2 skills compared to your GS which had judgement for whatever reason, even showed that it only comes close on a .5 which isn't a weakpoint.
also

and just to rub it in some more
DON'T ATTACK WEAKPOINTS WHEN YOU'RE SHELLING YOU DUMBASS

leaning towards great sword since I like the crowd control that the standard A gives me

It's a complex weapon that requires good knowledge of its moveset to be effective. It's main "OP" trait is the Guard Point mechanic, but that requires you to both know the monster well and to have very good timing. Even then, it still pales to the kill speed of a GS.

The fact that you call it a "bad habit and the ultimate crutch"? In Generations, all of the skill was taken away, the complex combos were nerfed, and CB was given a free autoguard during its sword mode charge slash. They took one of the harder weapons to be effective with and made it the easiest weapon in the entire fucking series. Bushido gives every weapon either Evade+3 and or +3 equivalents to both guard skills. It's fucking retarded and makes the game a cakewalk. Hunter Arts let you play like a retard, because you always have at least one rapidly charging panic button to save you from any concequences. The monsters themselves are less aggressive and powerful, and the game doesn't even have a G-rank so there's nothing remotely powerful enough to challenge such ridiculous setups as a Switch Axe with infinite blade mode and a large % damage increase at all times.

Fuck off, frenchfag, nobody cares about you or your honstick.

Yes.
If you change the color all the yellow parts change and the rest stays the same.
If you make it red it's like a perfect succubi.
Let me take a picture actually.

Desert seltas armor is fucking sweet, you look like a Zone of the Enders mech.
Some of the armors get skirts tho and that ruins it cause they clip everywhere.

Pic related are my favourites.
Also a better picture of the chaos gore armor.
Gotta post one by one cause the filesize of this camera is massive

Lastly white monoblos.
Diablos/B diablos look the same with different palette

Guys, do you genuinely have any mental conditions where you have trouble comprehending stuff that is repeated several times?
Alright, I'll repeat it again and in the most obvious way possible, not to make you understand, but to hammer the point that you are retarded:
I'm not counting in hitzones when calculating shell damage. >but hurr shells ignore hitzones durr
Here
where do you see the hitzone modifier?

Tell this to weakness exploit.
So GS shouldn't need lvl 3 charge when making a comparison? As aerial gl you don't need anything but fullburst.
And lvl 3 charge is instant?
Sure, gs has 1 less skill, but I also assume that it can hit a 50 spot as consistently as gl, so it evens out.
At least use some arguments.

Doesn't part where I say "I've had a bad day" sound a lil suspicious? No? Good, more reason to assume that your a dumb.

As much as I love CB, I agree that it's horrendously OP in 4u.
Like, how can you even deny this?
But on the other hand, new CB IS broken exactly as you've said.

What are hypers and deviants? If you don't upgrade your armor to g rank levels they hit equally as hard as if the game had g rank.

High Rank damage with G-Rank health is not fun.

High rank damage? Last time I played with 300 def some attacks tend to oneshot unlike normal variant, plus they don't have an exhaust state.

Easy, he loves CB in 4U so he doesn't want his precious weapon to make him look like a huge scrub.
He'll do mental gymnastics for days instead of accepting the simple truth.
Kind of a common way of thinking here on Holla Forums.

I tested it, and while it definitely works, there's a huge problem with that method.
Normally, when you mash X, after three strikes your attack speed starts picking up. It does not when you hold R at the same time, there's a moment of hold up, then it goes back to the slowest, base animation.

Well, you have to agree too that it was fun and elemental CB was the best and the most fair option to use the weapon. Sure it too may had too much damage at times, but not enough to warrant a crutch staple, since it required a dedication to the playstyle and a personal skill to execute.
Evasion +3, and lance especially was and is with bushido style the ultimate crutch in my opinion.

Poorly executed ideas.

On the advice of an user (>>10653726) I have decided to grind out a G-Rank Garuga set via Guild Quest. (I will be grinding the level up in the mean time, it ranks as level 20 at time of posting)
4U Elder Hall ID: 43-0443-0605-5514

You're still calculating wrong, you're double dipping on artillery expert. the 150 base for a normal 3 burst is only with artillery god which doesn't exist in Gen.

Okay do that calculation without artillery expert or god which you seem to have both in your calculation.

TLDR learn to calculate damage correctly before popping off about shit you don't know.

awwwww yiss.

eyy how would i go about playing at 115% without the sound going to shit

Actually just to show you how wrong you are, here are the real numbers
This isn't even getting into dragon fire's fire damage which is effected by hitzone.

it's 105 for a full burst with artillery expert and nothing else.
With load up the number increases to 126.
With Dragon's Fire it goes to 172.

186* for the dragon's fire+fullburst+Artillery Expert on a level 4 normal

Then get in here, and grab some spare meth-addled chicken tails. You can't tell me you don't want to avoid having to find another Garuga quest when Garuga materials pop up in random upgrades.

Minor update: Quest has reached Level 30, and next departure contains a treasure room. Two spots open as of posting.

Which values did you use? I'm ending up with ~192 for Art.Exp+Dragon's Breath.
Ignoring the fire element and calculating from single shot damage:

Is there some fuckery like Dragon's Breath not being affected by multipliers going on?

Those are MH4 not Gen.
Gen normal shell damage got decreased slightly. An uncharged is only 19 on a level 4 with expert now.
It got nerfed pretty bad

funnily enough, a full burst with long with art expert and load up is 120 compared to the 126 of normal.
So you can, if you really want to, use long if you're avoiding using dragon's fire or arts and not suffer much damage loss on the full bursts.

They nerfed shell damage, too? Is it affected by heat gauge or is that just raw?

I really want to hook the faggot responsible in the gabber.

Shell damage is just raw, not effected by heat gauge or nothing.
Really I don't know what they were doing for weapon balance in gen.

So I keep hearing SnS is broken in gen. Just crafted a seltas one, how do I go about ruining some bitch tetsucabra's day ? Affinity oil ?

oh right also
here are the new numbers
youtube.com/watch?v=NYpbXcJPXmw&feature=youtu.be&t=445 if you really want Gaijin hunter (but he's a massive faggot)
Or in handy chart form
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NHhmcPPshEhQxgo7Cq1X8ZpcYHGGha0lUCtZwY3byaQ/edit#gid=924717234

What's a good spirit +10/+15 armor?
Am i gonna end up doing the stupid ass star armor because there is not much better?

High Rank Update: Quest is Level 46, and another treasure area is up next. Two spots remain open, so come on in and gather up some Auricles and Rejuvenated beaks, because those are a pain to get.

Did you leave the room?

Scratch that one, comms error. New Hall up in a bit.

Give me a minute, I'll be there.

I'll take the chart, much obliged.

Dog, wheres the fucking room?

What would be a better upgrade route?
+100 physical damage
or
+200 water damage
I'm not sure if elemental damage is a great thing to have in mh4u

Almost certainly 100 raw > 200 element, but it depends on the weapon type and the monsters in question.

Raw damage.
Water damage is only good for shit fire monsters anyway, stuff like akantor is weakest to dragon.
Good elements are thunder/fire & ice imo.

Sorry for the delay, chaps, real-life things were happening.
New 4U Elder Hall ID: 30-6146-7070-2370

Additional Details: Level 46 Yian Garuga GQ, Treasure Room active on next launch, end goal: level the quest to G-rank and gather mats

Why do I even bother.

Update: G-Rank Garuga achieved, one slot remaining

This is some shakesperean level of fuck my big black ass.

Believing that break-based items are better than the desire sensor's wild ride is pure foolishness.

Now we are talking, thanks, it certainly does more sense now in relation to experience that I've had with the playstyle.
But hey, so much for
am I right? :^) Or am I right? (^:

With food it's actually 132+64*hitzone and 137.94+42*hitzone, because why wouldn't you eat for bombardier.
172+104*hitzone and 197.94+102*hitzone for dragon's breath(that is if you don't multiply DB's bonus by bombardier).
It's still A LOT considering that you can easily make opportunities by doing ez leg trips or low hp high armor zones.

Well, since you can easily spam fullburst now it indeed would've been dumb of them to leave out such high shell damage numbers. It packs a punch still, however.

I'll explain a lil later today.

it's 10 fire elemental damage per shell, it's basically nothing. You really just use it for the raw.
But yeah you're still calculating wrong now, remember your order of operation. ALSO DON'T DOUBLE DIP ON IT LIKE YOU'RE STILL DOING

Let me go into more why you're still wrong
The Dragon's Fire fire damage caps at 60 with full burst. It as with everything else dragonfire, isn't changed by any skills and applied after all your skills.
Shells do not do any hitzone damage unless you have dragonfire on, and in that case it adds 40 (if long) or 60 (if normal) modified by hitzone.
I honestly forget what bombardier's conversion is, so lets just assume you're right against my better judgement.
The calculation would be 186+(60*part's resistance). So against a rathian it'd do 0 extra if you hit it's head with your shelling, and would do more if you attacked his back.

I'm just rubbing it in :^).

Look, I'll just do the same thing as you did to me and will say that your calculation is wrong without explaining how is it wrong(for a while).
I'll give a hint tho, you better than no one else should know why you are wrong.

You were so wrong you were using numbers from a game suited for G-rank, and using skills that don't exist, double dipping on most artillery bonuses and the normal shot bonus.
You should really, you know, learn what you're talking about at all before posting about how skilled you are with the Gunlance

Look arguing with this shit for brains will just make you waste your entire week.

I told you all half a thread ago, it's just some guy that thinks he's hot shit when it comes to GL and acts like a retard and gets kicked every hunt.

I've met a million of them, there's one for every weapon type, it's just that GLer tend to be more stubborn and full of themselves because they play a slightly less popular weapon on average.

You've met one, you've met em all. (and kicked em off your hunts)

Just finished the single player "story" of Generations. Any and all motivation to continue playing has died within me. That fucking song and dance out of NOWHERE showing monsters you've never even fought during the single player.
Galvenus fight was boring.

You could at least say that it didn't end on a tutorial fight, unlike some other game.
But other than that
If I wasn't into mh series I probably would drop it right ere. Which every other casual does after watching lr/hr credits.

I don't mind being not completely right all the time.
But not anymore, so… what's your fucking point m8?
What again?
Hypocrite.
I was using numbers that were the same, for at least 3 games I believe? And a g rank game would have an artillery god and lvl 5 shells.

Ok, now here is your redpill.
You have a bloated ego which forces you to project your own faults onto others.
So you are either one of those 999 faggots that kick everyone that are not *insert a number of arbitrary attributes here* on sight or you are just boasting about how you'd do(or anyone else, since you think that your opinions are so universally right that everyone has them adopted no question) in some imaginary world, when in reality nobody(and that includes you) would do shit about it.
And this I can guarantee that not only me have met a million of them, but everyone who've played 4u for long enough did too.

So I lost my 40 hour save of MH4. should I redo the progress I lost, or move on to MHX?

NO
Keep playing 4U.

Either choice is equally fine by me, flip a coin.

What are those pictures from?

Leaked MH5 concept art.
It's actually original content donut steel from twitter.com/YOSHIDA_HD

So what do you think the big thing in 5 is going to be?

Underground combat.
I don't fucking know, maybe they will tie up all of the previous newly introduced mechanics into a more coherent game.

Fuck that's edgy

I think I'm making good progress learning the ropes of MH4U
Took on a Seltas without my cat and had no problems going for openings and seizing opportunities to drop attack

That CottonYeti look both looks so fucking horrifying and comfy at the same time.

Palicoes are severely helpful (some of my little bastards have even wangled their way into breaking hard-to-reach parts or getting a tail cut before) though it's a nice self-imposed challenge to go entirely without them

I decided to give him a rest after his enthusiasm dropped to 3 paws

Been eating at the open-air kitchen? Food gives your palicoes a nice enthusiasm boost, a few ingredient upgrades and enthusiasm's almost self-sustaining with meals taken into account.

Nope
Guess I'll try doing that more often

Reminder to do ALL MISSIONS even those fucking awful egg/big rock ones. Maxing out your kitchen as soon as possible is a GODSEND.

Even the weapon tutorial?

No, Those are the only thing you can skip, that and the harvest tours, though I don't know why anyone wouldn't ever use them.

Meal benefits are extraordinary, I remember there's one that has a guaranteed Felyne Oracle as one of its options which is essentially a free Psychoserum at the start of the hunt.

Also the bit about doing all missions: guild quests too, make sure to do Gathering Hall quests as well. I was a few stars into HR before I realized my meat ingredients had never been upgraded at any point, and it wasn't until I started doing guild quests I realized all the meat upgrades are locked behind the fucking guild quests.

Meat and booze if I remember correctly.

A meal I made gave me a speed and power boost
This is nice

Meals are love, meals are life. Play around with all the combinations as well, off the top of my head there's blademaster-oriented (meat and fish together), gunner oriented (meat and butter/dairy together), defense-oriented (fish and dairy), and generally-helpful/item based (grain + dairy).

>We win anyway
>Only a hard horn drops

Ghoulish horns have made me take a break from 4U, I fucking HATE breaking Rajangs horns.

He's literally the git gud monster

That old man seems to have contracted boneitis

Messed up the numbers; I only payed attention to the first digit
The increase in damage is actually +40

The problem with Online is that not everyone is gud, or they DONT KNOW HOW TO AIM FOR THE FUCKING HORNS THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS.

After reading up it sounds like physical damage is the best route for my great sword

Sounds horrifying.

I'll give you a couple tips to break the horns withouth sleepbombing:
I've had a very competent bow user help a lot, by using a blast bow and putting it to sleep, and then after placing bombs, he would go behind him and place a covered trap at a distance.
After the bombs went off the rajang would wake up, go in rage mode and backhop directly into the trap, it was insane

I'll keep this information in mind next time I take a crack at it, thanks user.

First encounters should be special and memorable.

The duramboros would be so fun if he wasn't so ridiculously tanky.

I made an error.
Hammer users should get in front of the right arm and lean towards the head.

I started play the first monster hunter for the PS2 to stretch as much mileage out of the series as possible just in case I liked it and I just wanted to know if this game is supposed to be mind-numbingly difficult or if I'm just a complete scrub at video games

Thanks.

Experiment with different weapons before its too late.
I went almost 300 hours into my first playthrough before I realized I didn't like the weapon I was using.

What the fuck, in a split second I've been shown something I really want that I didn't know I wanted before and it's squashed in the next second with blatant cash-in tier bland gameplay choices.

I really want a colorful and cheery chibi MonHun you guys…

It's really great, I wish there more unique monsters like that instead of being the same basic shape as every other monster but with slight differences.
e.g. Glavenus = poor mans fire deviljho or Blagonga = shitty ice version of rape ape or Tigrex = a angry seregios without bleeds or Tama = water bubble Zinogre
Granted, they'll have different moves here and there, but seeing the same basic shape for many different monsters, it's getting frustrating for me.
At least Popodrome felt more interesting just on the basis that I've not fought something like it before.

Good luck, friendo

Popodrome was MUCH bigger than I though it would be. Pretty much the only new monster thats gotten my interest so far. Shame the armor is fucking butt ugly though.

Why not.
Sure.
Literally what ? First Tigrex is an old as fuck monster when pinecone was the 4U flagship, and second I fail to see the similarities aside from maybe rock throw/scale shot. One is a HUAHUEHUHEAUHE land charger and the other is a rathalos that attacks all fucky
I suppose they have the lupine appearance in common.

Yeah that should have been the other way around meaning Seregios = a a calmer flying tigrex that does bleeds
Thankfully their move-sets are different enough that they feel different, whilst having similar body shapes.
I guess there's certain categories of monster that I'm talking about. e.g.
Bipedal back heavy winged wyverns (Rathian, Rathalos, Khezu)
Bipedal monster similar to T-rex (Brach, Glavenus, Uraagan)
Quadrupedal winged wyverns (Tigrex, Seregios, Astalos)
Quadrupedal wingless wyverns (Zinogre, Tama)

Yeah okay I can see it. I do remember playing my first monhun and saying in early game "okay, why isn't this game called dragon hunter then". Them calling everything wyverns doesn't help.
In that regard, ballerina mountain is a pretty nice change of pace, so of course they had to make him the tankiest chore to fight. If anyone has an equipment set that shuts him the fuck down I'll take it
That's probably why 4U's low rank is so satisfying.

u wot? He lets you pretty much attack him constantly and even if you don't know how to make one of the biggest opportunity windows, he lets you do it regardless with a lil smaller window.

He's fun enough to fight, he just lasts too long.

Damn that's like the pot calling the kettle black mr. "everyone but me is wrong"

Hold on a second, where exactly is that implied? I may be overconfident in what I am saying(because I know that it works on practice) and am able to hold a posture even if proven wrong in some aspects, but that doesnt make me a faggot in regards to other people's opinions.
But on the other hand it took you 2 posts of tip toeing around the subject to get down from your high horse to tell where exactly am I wrong and even then you've made a mistake in calculating that you still didn't bother to fix yourself and you don't even want to acknowledge it,
you double hypocrite.

You don't even know the damage formula, I really don't think you're in the position to say anything. Even if we say well damage formula isn't important, you're also ignoring the fact that you're tripping people during hunts because "lol it's not my job to not trip them"

Hunting G Rank Kut-Ku & Blue Kut-Ku guild quest.
Room is open, got two slots at the moment
03-0452-7565-0707

New room actually
19-0998-6341-5375

Why did i expect better?

You're fucking mad. In what fucking universe are those shapes similar? Tigrex and Nargacuga have similar bodies. Seregios and Raizex have similar bodies. Tigrex and Seregios do not have similar bodies.

They do have similar bodies.
just not the same posture

cheap rehash/10 wouldn't hunt again.

or
If we ignore the fire damage(which I don't remember being public before gen) I don't see how does my wrong formula differ from the right one.
I agree that I took the wrong numbers(confused art god with art expert) and I agree that I didn't know about the shell nerf, but then I've done the right calculations and made my rhetoric out of that . Further in I think we've just got in a bit of misunderstanding.

Even the damage formula that you are referring to so much tells that you are wrong.

Now for dragonfire you didn't account either for bombardier or burst modifier, so, combined with the mistake about the fire damage, in this situation you are either more or as faulty as me, which supports my next point.

I would promote that opinion against you if I were full of myself and thought that my subjective opinion is objective, but since I'm not, I'll just point it out and you make your own conclusions so we could carry on and continue the discussion.

I'm not ignoring the fact
which was my original statement. Then we went on talking about pure damage ignoring the part "they are attacking the wrong place", I'm at fault here too, but please excuse me, I can't focus on everything at once.

If you were in fact not forgetting that part, then explain to me what does anyone have to do at
edgios/pinecone/tig/rath family when they are down/khezu/narga's wings; leviathan, wyvern and non-variant rath family when they are down/ED's body(the back mainly); rath variant family/nibelsnurf(I know that there is no other place, but if you are interested, gl does magic with him, so I better perform that magic)/uragaan's head and so on. Only times when I'm potentially at the wrong is when I either accidentally blow through my designated spot which is accidental miscalculation which I do apologize for or attacking the legs which I do when there is usually no one around and if there is someone around and I blow them away, then they don't really have the right to complain and neither have I time to apologize, since usually that creates an opening from a leg trip or if I take it for the small monsters which I don't think really matters since they drop like flies anyways. There is one other case, when I'm doing a shield counter, but that is usually out of the question since nobody has the ability nor has a similar playstyle to be anywhere close at that moment, for the exception of evade bushido which makes them go all over the place. To those people I don't apologize, because 1. they are way more agile than me so they have to position themselves 2. I despise the style.

Dragonfire doesn't benefit from anything. It's after all the calculation.
You don't understand the damage formula at all do you sport.

which of these two options seem better? I'm leaning towards storm, but I don't kno if fire damage & 25% affinity would actually be better

That's dragon damage not fire.

Usurper is better.
GS is all about raw

Excuse my mental retardation

Oh, what's the difference?

I figured physical was best, but I wasn't to sure with the affinity

It applies to a different resistance.
But yeah, Usurper is better, sorry.

What would you suggest for a hammer, 100 points of added damage, or 40 points of defence?
I can either do 1450>1550 damage, or 770>810 defence, which is better in yoir opinion?

How good are you at not getting hit?
If you feel like you're a little too squishy get the defense hammer, otherwise the attack one.

Well i guess i'll get the damage, i was only getting greedy cause it was the first time i got to 800 defence (which is way too much to be honest)

Just think about it like this.
100% affinity = 25% dps increase
50% affinity = 12.5%
25% affinity = 6.25%

Since you've shown that you are illiterate at times and give this so little effort, then here is your reply.
Now you have made a mistake in calculations, and the longer you fail to realize this, the bigger of a "center of the universe" retard and a hypocrite you are.

Gore's gs does 612 damage and usurper's 672.
Check the upgrades for them to see what is more worth it in the long run.
For affinity reference this.
raw*(0.25*0.affinity+1)

It's actually not 100 points of damage, but 20.
And defense has diminishing returns.
In my opinion, this are g rank values and g rank is online. So if you worry about getting hit, call up the horn bro.
And 770 is more than enough for prettyu much anything if your a not are scrub.

seriously dragonfire changes the damage formula.
As I said dragonfire adds 10 flat and 10 fire per shell AFTER the damage calculations. Flat isn't effected by the hitzone, Fire is because it's not flat.
Learn what you're talking about at all before even trying

Even with that in mind 186 is still a wrong number. Nor 186+60 for that matter, especially the +60 part.

fix

No it isn't, do the calculation again, remembering the game truncates.
It's 126 normal 4 full burst with Art Expert. Dragonfire then adds 60 flat and 60 fire
This brings you to 186 flat and 60 fire for all the hits combined before the fire's damage based on resistance.

TLDR: You still don't know shit son

Now, since you are so smug and high up there what if I highlight this
and this

But even then, if you figure it out, there is still one thing that would be wrong with it, here I did give you a hint .

Yeah, you dumb.
DRAGONFIRE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT EITHER.
IT ONLY CARES ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF SHELLS NOTHING ELSE.
IT ADDS 10 FLAT 10 FIRE PER SHELL. BOTH ARE ADDED AFTER ALL OTHER CALCULATIONS. THE FLAT DOES NOT CHANGE WITH HITZONE, ONLY THE 10 FIRE DAMAGE PER SHELL DOES.
I'm honestly amazed you aren't posting about how enlightened you are because you're denser than shit

Oh my god this is gonna go on and on for 5 threads isn't it.
This is the new HH on the head reply chain bullshit.

So much for kettle calling the pot eh?
Can you calculate for me dragonfire burst without burst modifier and bombardier? Pretty please. I beg of you. Because I'm a big dense retard, just as you say I am, I wouldn't be able to understand even if you tell me that I'm wrong unless I have each step shown and explained to me.
And when you are at it, please look carefully at the normal damage formula, and see if you can find anything strange with it.

Checked the wiki
The Lightning route has a lot more physical than the other options

And then there was that guy from yesterday in this thread who not only regurgitated memes, he also used a sleeping weapon and instead of bringing bombs or letting someone with a strong weapon hit it, just kept swinging until the monster woke up again.
Just kill me now, Pete.

Well, here you go then.

okay then lets break it down
So I'm going to use long shot because they don't have the burst modifier anyways.
So for a Long 4 with load up the calculation is
(25 (the base damage))*4 (the number of shells)
So that's 100 damage without any skills aside from load up.
Did I lose you?
Okay then lets add in dragonfire
(25*4(same as before right?))+((10 FLAT+10 FIRE)*4).
As fire depends on the hitzone we can just move on from there and condense it
(100+40) Flat+ 40 Fire
140 Flat +40 Fire BEFORE THE MONSTER'S FIRE PART RESIST.

Now lets do a long 4 with Artillery Expert
(25*1.2)*4=120 flat damage

Now lets add in Dragonfire
((25*1.2)*4)+((10 FLAT+10 FIRE)*4)
(120)+(40 FLAT)+(40 FIRE)
160+40 FIRE before resist

I know but I don't want him to mislead new players

No no no, that's not what you've been asked of. You've been asked to calculate the final dragonfire burst damage of normal shot without burst modifier or bombardier. How otherwise would I show that your smug was all been put to waste?

And even when trying to get away with using long, you've still failed to read the damage formula yourself.
I applaud you.

Just from dragonfire?
It's 60 flat and 60 fire.
With every mod in the damn game
It's 60 flat and 60 fire.
Dragonfire does not care about any skills except for load up

I have no suitable reaction image for this.

No, I need total step by step calculation of normal final burst shot with dragonfire. Since you say that in the end final formula doesn't use neither burst mod nor bombardier then that would be a fair way to find out who is right and who is wrong.

Final calculation I mean.

Meant to say, less memespouting and better quality players. He died to a high rank monster while wearing G rank gear.

Come the fuck on.

The only way you're ever gonna get better players is creating an inner circle.
Holla Forums or outside, same shit, you see the guys that actually get the job done and you hand pick them and create a regular hunting group.
Or maybe, you get picked yourself and enter an estabilished hunting group.

Going randoms will always give you mixed and 90% of the time shitty results, Holla Forums or not.
Hunting groups that play together regularly are the only method that will ensure you have a decent experience online.

Okay here we go!
Base damage of a normal 4 shot is
now the burst modifier is 1.10
so that's
16*1.1=17 because it's truncated.
TRNC(16*1.1)*6=102 because it would be 105.6 but we have to truncate on each shell because full burst isn't a single hit.

So with dragon's fire
We take the 102 we got before and add the Dragon'sfire flat damage to it which is
10*SHELLNUMBER
so we get
102+60=162
Now in addition to the 10 flat per shell dragonsfire also adds 10 fire damage per shell, however this is effected by hitzone so we can't add it in
162+(10*6)
So in the end we get 162+60 fire.

Seriously, just because someone posts on Holla Forums doesn't mean they're good at the game. You pretty much have to make your own hunting group or start enjoying the 3 cart frenchmen

Maybe room preferences does matter.

That's an overestimation, I've had far better experience with the randoms, be it Holla Forums or pubs. It's just that you don't really notice when you get decent players and at the end of the day your head is just filled with the overwhelming focus on the outstanding retards. Try taking it ez(but not too easy to not being able to avoid situation that are guaranteed match ups with the dumbest people on earth through common sense) and you'll see that it's not that bad.

You are playing MHG m8, literally the Meme Hunter Generations(see localization part somewhwere), what did you expect? And I bet it's your first experience of playing with Holla Forums

I can't bring myself to ridicule you. But that was stupid of you, to follow my advice without even batting an eye. Because now even a dense retard could figure out almost instantly where have you dun goofed. But since you've done this, I have no right to beat around the bush.
But at first let me say thank you.

Here and a bit earlier you have said that it'd be 186. Now wait a second, something doesn't add up. 186 doesn't equal 162. Hmm, where did the mistake come from? I know! From the table. It says right there that dragonfire full burst(load up) is 186 and normal full burst(load up) is 126. So instead of referring to the formula you've went with
you hypocrite.
Now, that mistake isn't enough to explain why you've got 162 in the end. Since I've made an emphasis on burstmod, that's all that's been on your mind so you've had to put that in. Thus you simply forgot to add art expert mod.
But that's not all folks. To think that dragonfire burst formula doesn't use burstmodifier you had to simply go at the notes screen, and look at the trump card formula, which is in no way represents a fullburst calculation. Just a simple shell damage.

And even that is not the end of the story. While we certainly have cleared up why neither 162 nor 186 are right, there is still that +60 part. Why didn't you look at the damage formula, I even made an additional request to look for anything suspicious in there. What I wanted you to look at is firedamage*firehitzone part. Even in the trump card formula, that you've falsely assumed as dragonfire fullburst one, it's met at least two times. "Why" would you ask? Check the final damage table in the shells part and it will all become apparent.

You may also have confused bombardier with burst when calculating the damage for the first time here, since they both are 1.1 so no shit you've got 186 the first time.

I hope you'll be more careful next time and since everything here has been cleared up, you could try finding stuff that lets you call me a faggot in this post , more accurately the last part of it.

Hey dumbass, I didn't apply Artillery Expert as per your specifications.

Maybe read what you put forth next time.
The fire damage in the calculation is for FireATK+ not dragonfire.

You still don't have a clue what you're talking about

Mostly it depends on what you need to do.
If you're doing easy shit, you don't need especially intelligent and prepared hunters, so the % of good experiences goes up.
But the problem is when you're doing easy shit yet the fucking retards just can't stop getting hit and burning trough their healing and then they start carting.

It doesn't matter if the shit you're doing is easy if people just can't fucking understand spacing and positioning and they keep getting hit for no reason.
I blame the speedrunner mentality mostly.
These idiots watch online vids of gosu azn tryhards perfecting hunts and think "oh i can do that too" and they go hyper aggressive all the time not learning jack shit about patterns and of course they end up getting smacked in the face.

Then why does your final dragonbreath fullburst loadup formula contains fullburst mod? Didn't you say that neither bombardier nor fullburst affects it?
Oh, I get it, you've been or are a retard that takes stuff too literally. So "dragonfire" you've read as literally "only dragonfire bonus" and not "dragonfire calculations".

BUT EVEN STILL, THE MADMAN HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE
that gunlance deals additional firedamage regardless of the dragon breath buff active or not.
You fail even as a retard who takes stuff too literally, that is sad.

Eh, not really. I've done successfully gog, double pickle or hot rajang dicks and generic mhx and mh4u hunts equally well.
There are tells that can let you avoid the shitters for either of the categories and you learn those tells from the experience. Even ones that successfully let you avoid the benefit of the doubt part. The easiest of them all is white fata set with 28 crit eye.

I may have a good luck but I like to think that it's my common sense, since for example a few days earlier I've hunted with a shitter that had a clown suit with tons of mismatched pieces that didn't give him anything but AuS. And even then I think that was on accident. Two other guys that were in the hall have left instantly(what a bunch of faggots), since I didn't kick him fast enough. What I've said to him is
Then he took off to the prep zone, couldn't fit in maestro and after acknowledging out loud that he knows that only 10+ skills are active played extra carefully afterwards until I've left off. Didn't cart once in 3 hunts.

This is worse, it's getting to the same tier as that one faggot that argued about Seregios weapons.

Look Directly under the formula that you referred to and look at the dragonfire formula.
Seriously there's retarded and then there's just willfully ignorant..

And now you go look at the damage tables in the shells tab. And explain to me what is the table that is below WF and to the right side of FB(DB+LU).
Seriously there's retarded and then there's just willfully ignorant..

Damn son, you seem upset that you can't even calculate out flat damage which is the main point.
You can't add in the fire damage except on a case by case damage, the whole reason the fire gets included at all from the dragonsbreath is because it makes a difference.

You still can't do the damage formula correctly, even when it's right in front of you

One can't be this retarded.

Yeah it still isn't because you're burning a hunter art for it.
And you still do low damage for a majority of your combo.
Per hit you do less than a GS.

And surprising no one, you're still wrong

Wait, so now Dragon's breath is insignificant for damage calculation and you backtrack back to a gs topic which is long ago forgotten. Man, you are desperate.

He says as he brings it back up trying to maintain his initial claim that GL does so much damage he can freely trip other hunters.
Don't worry you've only been kicked for tripping people once, but don't worry it wasn't your playstyle of constantly tripping teammates it was just an off day

You brought that up and I'm fine with whatever since I've already accepted defeat on that part(the comparison) and made an argument following this in here which you are willfully ignoring for the sake of an easy way out.
You are still both a retard and a hypocrite, though.
You make it sound awfully dramatic. What if I say that on that hunt I've forgot the cold drinks and carted twice? >inb4 even more wild assumptions about me

Oh you're just shit at the game and talk big, got it

I don't think these can point to anything but you being shit.

By the way, is the bumplimit here 300 posts?

Look please stop greentexting yourself. It's not helping you seem like you're not just assblasted about being wrong about your "main weapon" that you "only got kicked once" with

Can you two raving madcunts just fuck already?

I heard he's a premature sheller.

Any rooms up?

I could host a deviant leveling room.

I'm HR7, I just want to play some monster hunter!
I'm doing longsword +adept with speed setup, trapper, and hearing HG and it's really fun but I feel sometimes like I'm just dead weight when I could be building some nutty fast charge 20 build and actually contributing to damage.

Pick your poison!
Not literally though.
43-2418-1365-6854 1488
Any deviant of your liking for the exception of stonefist, dreadqueen and crystalbeard from I-III to VIII.

HG plugs and bushido style seems like overkill. HG plugs by itself is also kinda situational like tremor resistance.

That's what I felt like, since I was mostly just rolling through most of the screams. But I don't know what else to build that looked specific enough to be fun, but not so situational it was only useful against half of the bosses.

HG plugs is really, really good in MHG because everything screams all the fucking time non stop, it's like a goddamn noisecore concert.

But yeah HG plugs and bushido doesn't make sense, when you're going bushido you should be using every single roar, not ignoring them.

I've been looking at a lot of GS in mh4u and I think I'll be going for the Stygian Acedia. Just want to know if I'm making a poor choice.

Attack Up or something, the HG doesn't mesh with bushido

CRAFT THEM ALL MOTHERFUCKER
Some of the obvious ones will just be left behind but part of the fun is switching weapon 200 times until some of them start to stick out and you start using only those.

That's a sizeable bulge.

crafting weapons would become a full time job

on a side note I need to get my hands on another palico. Just remembered this was a thing.

I'm having a lot of fun with 4 trap palicoes as reserves, and the fifth is a bombing cat i use.
Basically my main cat tells me the position of bosses on the map at the start of the quest, places lots of traps, while the other does a decent amount of damage to the boss, and places bombs inside the other cat's traps.
Just a head up for you all: if you don't have rocks or knifes to throw at the bombs left by your cat, you can throw a paintball at the boss.
The area of impact is wide as fuck, the bomb blows, and the boss is now painted.

It's the power of Donald Trump.

I think I'm going to need a demonstration on how traps work and how to plan with them.

What do you mean?

I've never seen one in action
the concept is a bit foreign to me

No I wasn't dipshit, i was playing 4U.

What the fuck.
Well, normally they are used to catch monsters when they limp away.
You use it, wait for the boss to get on it, and then throw 2/3 tranquilizer bombs on him, and he gets captured.
This prevents you from carving but gives you a much better loot at the end of the quest.
I say "normally" because many players use them in some of the most frantic fights to stop the boss for a bit, so they can heal/sharpen/wail on him.

I'll practice this on an easy monster

You confuse me a lot.
Did you never play multiplayer or something?

Not necessarily better, just different. Some items are easier to get off of capturing, and others are easier off kills.

Capping gives you better chances at getting rare shit, but less loot total. It balances out.

That doesn't even explain it, the game forces you to capture monsters pretty early on.
It may just be his first game.

Also what

said.
It just gives different loot chances, but you get less. Desire sensor is still king

What's the biggest boss you can mount?
Is it Goz?

I've just started
no multi

Neat

I love random shit like that.
I'd love to see a boss that makes clouds of acid that make you lose sharpness if you stand in them.

Every single time.

>carve fire stone experiencing inconveniences, hunter? :::::^^^^^^^^^^^^)))))))))))

They have not been nuked enough, I tell ya hwhat.

So I've got 4U on an SD card on my hacked 3DS. Can I use save editors/mods?

Is there some way to make the inventory bigger so I can make the ultimate weapon/equipment collection without having to pick and choose?

No I think 4U hacking was limited to making custom items and quests.

This is some sort of cruel joke.

I have been playing MonHun P3rd HD on PPSSPP for a few days now and I finally started to get into the game after like 3 times I dropped it before.
I kinda got the gist of Tachi but Switch Axe looks sick. Can anyone sum up how it works? Because wiki information is cluttered as hell and I don't know which part is important and which is not. I tried using it in the tutorial though and I suppose the Stab + Triangle spam Blast is the bread and butter of this thing?

I don't know how other people play it, but I tend to just stay in Sword mode for Slash Axe, only using Kyougeki Bins and spamming the Triangle slash over and over.

New thread