Let the goosebumps commence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM
battlelog.co/servers.php#ranked
battlefield2142.co/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does this count

it does. Brings back memories.

You talking intro sequences (start of playthrough) or opening FMVs that play at start up as well?

Unreal's flyby had a specific purpose: to start your experience with this game by making damn clear that it had the best graphics ever.

Preddy gud.

Not what I was expecting. Poor taste user.

Glad you beat me to it, /WA/friend

STDs have all the best intros really.

Can't compete with this.

Fuck I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic already

Always loved this one. Probably the only game intro I watch every time I play the game just because it gets me so fired up.

I always try to post them in intro/opening threads if they're not already.

Beat this.

This is as movie-like as the SNES gets.

This is the best opening monologue I have ever heard.

I still don't get why this one only plays a single time per game.

Might as well

Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had before I blacked out; that thick smell of asphalt. And the first thing I saw when I woke up was her face. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I should've known then that things are never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things: asphalt… and trouble.

Probably the best RTS intro.

Wanted to post this.

Not vidya but still brings memories

wario and waluigi need more games.

S O C C E R

Tenchu II is high up in the list.

Also, The Witcher 3 even if a lot of Holla Forums anons seem to hate it

GTA V

There was really something about Tiberian Dawn intro.

Obligatory.

Goddammit user, you beat me to the best one

==

WHY MISTER PRESIDENT, WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN?

The witcher series has the best openings

honestly it's one of the few times where i prefered the instrumental version

I've always liked how they captured the entire premise in three scenes.

Yes, you can punch bullets to block them.

…man even the intro sucked hard.

Fuck off, weebs.

Westaboos pls

another obligatory

This version is shit, though.

On my PC with 2 voodoo2 , and with proper gamma setting, it's darker and with much more reflections, more intense colors, and better texture filtering.

This looks like there's milk on the screen.

Square were masters of making intros that get you excited to play games, but make no sense until you actually do.

Dope ass shit comin through.

Masterfully done one indeed

sometimes i wonder if Guerilla was making us sympathetic to the helghast on purpose or it was just "DUDE SPACE NAZIS" and the plan backfired

but judging by the ending on killzone 2 and some of the lore, they actually did a decent job painting everyone gray

Godtier.

Well, they are Dutch and they regularly have a closet admiration of the Nazis

I've seen enough of their development videos to know that it was always DUDE SPACE NAZIS and you aren't supposed to root for the Higs.

tough to root for the ISA outside of individual soldiers like sev and gaz. rico was in a constant state of chimpout since game 1 and caused every problem

indeed.

The music makes the intro God-tier.

How did I not know of Jungle Strike.

I've played Desert, Soviet and Nuclear Strike. Soviet Strike is fucking amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM

Raziel. You are worthy…

MGS2's was better. Can't find a good quality cinematic with the complete theme though, sorry. Have a High Quality Rip instead.

Because they were ashamed they didn't have the budget to animate it.

I've never seen this one before
This one is really fucking good

my nigga

fuck was that effective, I think I actually turned into an ivan after that, one of my fondest gaming memories, almost the entire russian campaign was masterfully done especially for the time

All of the high quality Metal Gear rips are fantastic.

While it certainly does feel a bit weird that it's not animated and is CG instead, I didn't really mind that exactly, at least not as much as the fact that it plays once and then you never hear Justice to Believe again until the final phase of the final boss fight.

I mean, I suppose that it does technically have an actual opening with the characters joining the party and walking together, kind of the way Wild Arms 4 has Jude, Yulie, Arnaud, and Racquel standing alongside an abandoned railroad track. But even Wild Arms 4 had a proper animated opening as well; two actually, depending on where you were in the game.

Still, I'd say if budget was the issue, better what they had go to the actual ingame stuff than the opening.

fucking glorious

I hope you are just pretending to have bad taste as some kind of joke.
No one here could be that plebeian, right?

battlelog.co/servers.php#ranked
battlefield2142.co/

comfiest intro coming through

the first 2 cawdoodys were pretty alright. Not a lot of WWII games could compare besides brothers in arms. the console games were garbage, the first modern warfare wasn't that bad but I've never liked modern war games. I thought world at war was good, a lot more visceral for sure.

It really wasn't until modern warfare 2 that the series turned into unforgivable garbage.

I HAVE SO FAR TO GO

THE MEMES JACK

I don't even like baneposting

tfw snow halation in the end