Where were you when Nintendo showed how much contempt they have for their fanbase...

yahoo.com/news/m/16572782-e355-3a36-9a56-620071d290e4/ss_nintendo-lands-a-huge-blow-to.html

Where were you when Nintendo showed how much contempt they have for their fanbase? Are Nintendo fans abused spouses who support their abuser and then get their shit kicked in but always come crawling back?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonicretro.org/2016/04/sega-let-people-share-rom-hacks-steam-workshop/
secretmaryo.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracaena_(plant)
templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-producer-once-again-comments-on-lack-of-voice-chat-staggered-content-roll-out/
gamejolt.com/developers/ad-sharing
nicoblog.org/pc-games/another-metroid-2-remake-fan-game/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's your (you), OP. Maybe those fangames shouldn't have used sprites and art assets from actual Nintendo games.

this

This isn't gonna go well

I
T
'
S

O
K

W
H
E
N

N
I
N
T
E
N
D
O

D
O
E
S

I
T

I like how you took my post and completely twisted its meaning into something completely different, OP. Since when do standalone fan games equal mods?

/thread

I don't really see the difference.

This shit rarely ever happens with other companies(besides Sega) because guess what, most companies don't have strong IPs like Nintendo does.

Maybe if Nintendo made good games they wouldn't have to worry about fan made shit.

What does the Nintendrone handbook call for in this situation?

Maybe these fucking fangames shouldn't obviously use nintendo licensed characters and assets.
Atleast call mario Maryo and give him a different mustache or something.

No one's defending this as much as they're justifying it.
If you walk onto a ghetto and get shot, it's the nigger's fault right? But it's also your fault for going there on the first place.
There's no reason to make a game from an existant ip with stolen assets besides attention-whoring and a need for easy popularity.

You're an idiot faggot. As expected of an OP.

Sega is also no saint since they took down SoRR

I wonder if romhacks are next in the chopping block since Mini-NES is a thing

It's pretty simple

Other than out of love for the IP.

Yeah surely, they're all doing it because of a deep love for Mario, not because they want easy attention.

Don't show off your fan game before its done you fucking idiots

Except the ones that were on gamejolt were done.

Game Jolt makes money with hosting copyrighted content.
Gets a notice.
Messages its Clients and everyone takes down everything as a precaution.
Wild rumours appear on the internet.

Anybody charging or earning money was playing with fire. Any takedown on a free, non-profit fan game with unique assets is petty as fuck.

So far as I know, the games were never for sale and weren't copies of existing games, save potentially the Metroid fan game which I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Plus, I'm certain quite a few would get a pass in court as parodies. The sad thing isn't that Nintendo enacted such draconian punishment, it's that none of these developers are going to have the time or money to even be able to argue in court for their shot at fair use. Which they may or may not have gotten on a case-by-case basis.

Hello nintendrones.

Yup.

Actually, I have 2 Unity projects I need to finish. Both gonna be original ideas. Then I'm gonna secretly make a Wind Waker inspired Zelda fangame and not show any footage until 6 hours before release, then I'll release anonymously and everyone who would care about it in the first place gets to keep the full game.

And there is nothing you can do about it faggot.

Yes but ad revenue was generated by the games on gamejolt. That's the big no-no here.

Then whats the problem, just upload it to a dropbox or a mega, they cant take down every link for the game that they put up, people will get their hands on it if they want.

They weren't for sale, but they had ad revenue and "donations"

Try harder you nigger. They only got taken down because gamejolt refused to demonetize them, which legally they are required to. Except now you can get them anywhere unmonetized. You tumultuous fiberglass dildo.

I'm sorry you've never felt strongly enough for a video game.

Please don't use Udonge to shitpost.

Even then that's not *necessarily* a killing blow to a fair use claim, although I do think it's often a detractor.

Again, my main problem here isn't that Nintendo went on a DMCA spree (it IS their IP and they are completely within rights), my issue is that there's no chance any of them are even going to be able to fight it.

As long as the creators still have the source code, they can just rename the game and release it with different assets.

She likes the shitposting. Just like the dirty slut she is.

Try finding a public place to download AM2R then.

Of course they can't fight it dickhead they're in the wrong.
That's how laws work. Your subjective sense of right and wrong don't exist and it's applied equally (with the exception of politicians and foreign diplomats who follow a different set of law)

I love the fact they spam the "It's okay when nintendo does it!" to the point they believe that is a non argument now. They are this generation's biodrone. It's almost depressing in a way.

nintendo is shit

I like how nothing you posted actually happened in this thread.

Pic related

Nintendo's ever faithful fanbase who will still be buying the latest Pokeshit and Paper Mario on release day even 20 years from now.

Don't forget they DMCA-ed Robin Williams' life because he named his daughter after Princess Zelda

Imagine if Bethesda started DCMAing mods that used ANY Skyrim assets.

Or replace Bethesda with any game that has a Steam Workshop

500 in a month? What the fuck?

Looks like they haven't learned their lesson. Dank ink 3 anyone?

It's okay when anyone does it. It is legally permissible. Quit being a console warring tard and using thought terminating clichés to avoid facing the realization that thing you don't like is right.

They told the guys who are making Skywind they couldn't use any of the assets. So they can't use any of the audio files so they have to make their own music and voice the characters themselves.

Legally permissible /= 'right'

Truly dystopian.

Maybe if Nintendo actually made some fucking new games instead of stamped out remakes people wouldn't feel the need to play fan games. Know why AM2R got so much popularity? Because Nintendo hasn't made an actual Metroid game for FUCKING YEARS.

And we all know they shut down Mario fangames to push SMM.

Woooooooooow

sonicretro.org/2016/04/sega-let-people-share-rom-hacks-steam-workshop/

It's been done. secretmaryo.org/

If you go to Africa and get killed by a nigger, don't you agree that it's your fault for going there on the first place? No one would defend the nigger for doing such doing, as much as they'd shit on you for not seeing it coming on the first place.

What part of rom hacks and mods =/= fan games do you not understand?

SO they also can't use any weapon or character models. They have to rebuild the entire game theirselves, which at that point may as well not even bother make an Elder Scrolls game, just make an original game.

Do people even play fan games?

Rom hacks directly use assets from the game.

Fan games use a lot of original content.

Somehow the romhack is ok

Your subjective sense of right and wrong /= right or wrong

"What do you mean there's people out there making better metroid/zelda/mario/pokemon? stop them! stop them at once!"

It's illegal to make good games now

Quick, what is the best 3ds pokemon hack out there before Jewtendo scrubs it from the internet?

So do you do it for free or what?

Romhackers know more about video games than Nintendo's current development teams.

Then rehost and share p2p (or on a hidden service).

Hell even distributing the game via email or creating forum posts on multiple forums with the game as an attachment would suffice. Throw it up on random file servers, etc.

Also I made pic related to commemorate this thread.

Well I don't think they were going to use the old models anyway… The whole point was to update Morrowind with pretty graphics and a slightly better game engine.

Copyright grants power over an IP's likeness and namesake, there is no special rights for sprites and art-rips.
Stop this fucking "they shouldn't have used sprites" myth.
It would still be copyright infringement even if they were illustrations by the fan.

DUDE, WEED LMAO

They can be in a clearly defined systems with rules and failure states. Such as law. You mongoloid.

I don't know, I don't even have a 3DS, I'd say anything made by Drayano though, that guy's pretty good and I heard he has some for the 3DS

Not an argument.:^)

At least romhackers/fan game devs have some original ideas. Nintendo just stamps out the same game with maybe one new small mechanic.

Like when X/Y was released and Nintendrones were legitimately praising the ability to sit on benches as a new innovative mechanic.

Laws are applied by people. Who are not objective beings. You mongloid

There's a reason why we need lawyers and judges, user

Sure has worked for the west, huh?

That wasn't an argument. It was a question. Do you have learning disability?

Romhacking is just modding, using content directly from the game, just like some fan games, though they use more original content more than anything.

SEGA is still doing better with their fans than Nintendo, eat shit.

Exactly. Make donut steel or don't be an idiot and distribute it anonymously if you are going to rip off people's shit.

DUDE, WEED LMAO

Why does Interacting with furniture seem to be such a challenge for devs?

You know I never actually saw much of a point in making a fan game from the ground up. Unless theres something the original games simply can't do that you want.

Hacking roms seems much more reasonable for a passion project. And if you actually know what you're doing you can enhance the game yourself.

Outside of the Metroid 2 remake, I really doubt there are many fan games that actually match or outdue Nintendo's own efforts. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Unless you really believe all those shitty Super Mario 64 HD unity/unreal4 projects would amount to anything?

At least we have 3DS and Wii U piracy

DUDE, SAGE LMAO

mfw both sega and nintendo will be reduced to nothing in the near future yet sega will still be doing something better stuff than nintenwon't

DUDE SAGE LMAO

Law isn't right or wrong. It's only legal or illegal.

No.

DUDE, WEED LMAO

DUDE, WEED LMAO

kill yourself

Yes

Stop bogarting all the shitposts man.

good goy

Fullscreen Mario (this was before Mario Maker)
Pokeshit romhacks (namely blaze black)
Super Smash Flash (being better than Brawl)
though as for Zelda the fanbase is too autistic still so the closest thing to a good fangame was Link's Awakening 3D

I'm coming to your house and coping a feel on all your shit fam.

Fuck off belrose. You will never be a woman.

STOP Holla Forums YOU'RE BECOMING THE DRONES THAT YOU HATE

DUDE, WEED LMAO

Can we all at least agree that modern copyright and IP laws in the West are some of the most nonsensical and convoluted bullshit to ever seep from the asses of lawyers and politicians?

Making sure that some shit you made definitely belongs to you and can be verified as such legally, thereby preventing someone from nabbing it and saying "no, I'm the one who really made this", is generally a very good idea and often a necessity thanks to human nature. Bending this basic principle into becoming so retarded and convoluted that ownership potentially lasts for centuries with enough legal hand-wringing, whoever owns it must challenge any "theft" or lose control of their rights, and any fan work is all-but-guaranteed to be blasted out of existence even if it uses no copyrighted assets is a whole different can of worms, however.

There's a solid, thick line between "some random autist making his own fan-sequel to a game/series he and other autists really liked, with zero expectation of profit" and "Xi Ming Pao's totally-not-stolen Mega Mary Siblings, buy now for $59.99", and the difference is perceptible to even a blind man. However, the way shit is written down means that these both have to be treated the same way with nuke-tier takedowns, and that's some serious bullshit, especially when the fan-game is clearly filling a niche that the actual IP owner doesn't give a rat's ass about.

I'm not about to argue that we should all be goddamned commies/smurfs/both and go with nothing but the honor system, because basic human nature has proven time and time again that shit like that just doesn't fly, but things have clearly gone too far in terms of restrictions and limits on this topic. Nips have fucked up a lot of things over the years, but they've clearly got a good system going where their autists can make their 2hu fangames and similar without fear of being raped by roving packs of bloodthirsty lawyers, and nobody bitches about the arrangement on either side from what I've seen.

It's okay when nintendo does it. :^)

Smug is one, smug is all.

I'm not wasting energy on creating OC snark if you don't bother changing your flavor at least a little bit.

>>>/reddit/

Copyright laws are built to suit the will of lobbyists and their puppet masters. It is really irrelevant whether or not said laws are sensible.

Ironically, the Chinese don't have copyright law. That's why there's so many knock-offs over there

DUDE, WEED LMAO

Actually this made me realize.

DCMA, SHUT IT DOWN, NEVER ALLOWED!

Yeah who cares.

Why does Nintendo hate their fans but allow blatant ripoffs of the IPs for profit

Yes. The thought that even mentioning anything copyrighted could somehow infringe on a company's profits is absurd.

The entire copyright/intellectual property lawset has become a semi-sentient supermeme that nobody can control because of all the self-sustaining loopholes it's got.

Make your own fucking games

Why is that so hard to understand?

Judges and lawyers determine whether not something illegal happened, they don't define the laws you goddamn retard.

Because they want to cover up the fact that lonely autists online can make better games than them and gets their longtime fans excited >for free

Everything on the play store is either shit or unplayable, anti-fun "touch screen controls, THE FUTURE!" so of course no one cares, what gets me is that most of those games have microtransactions, i guess america is all about feelings and no logic after all.

Finally someone with actual reason and not another nintendrone

Yes this shit is getting out of control and Nintendo is basically digging their grave if they keeps this up with their latest half ass games with minimal effort and their forced gimmick they put in their games

Because clones are cheap to make, easy to rebrand, and the profit the creators get is a powerful motivator. Chinese ripoffs are a Hydra.

I'm sure Nintendo makes claims to google but it takes time to process said claims. Also Google gets a cut and has the resources to defend its income stream so the creators are somewhat more shielded than Joe-blow-trailer-park's personal Mario jerkoff bucket.

Nintendo is trash either way. I'm just explaining how the system works.

Nintendos desperate attempt to muscle money out of a previously free market. It's the same shit that Bethesda pulled with paid mods.

fuck it, I'm taking away that flag

Yeah, fuck nintendo at this point.

nah m8

Honestly, I'm betting BotW is going to be at least decent, and then all the fans will be saying "See, Nintendo's still got it! All is forgiven!"

DUDE, WEED LMAO

I'm fucking warning you

PUFFY CLOACA

Don't worry, even without the flag you'll always be a Toadal Dude in his heart

On other news, nintendo is shit and OP should keep making these threads every once in a while so we can laugh at ass-blasted faggots like

I agree

just dont turn it into console wars that shit is cancer

You know, I was considering buying a 3DS because my cell phone isn't great for playing games (without a gamepad) and I have some interest in Sun/Moon.

This just convinced me not to get a 3DS.

Don't bother. The games worth getting on it are very few in numbers and don't justify the purchase.

This is a bad thread with bad bait. You should feel ashamed of yourselves.

NIDF is real as fuck

Buy a secondhand New 3DS and mod it so you can pirate the fuck out of its library. That's what I do.

Nintendo is way past that, they've made their own cancer that needs no such physical vessels anymore

You could still buy a used one at a pawn shop or something like that then downgrade it and get free games, there's lots of great 3rd party games in there.

Every time. When will they learn to just make good games?

Copyright law was never about protecting IPs, it was about people getting rich off of other peoples ideas.

Is it me or has Holla Forums gotten significantly worse when it comes to Nintendrones lately? Did some Nintendo forum go down and send its users here?

They interpret the law.
Something tells me you've never watched a single court drama in your life.

You're all above and beyond retarded.
9/10 fan games are intended to be portfolio products, particularly stuff like the Resident Evil 2 HD Remake that showed up a while back.
They attract attention but will never see the light of day for a valid reason, so they can stay unfinished but still look good on a CV.
There's a reason people announce them in advance.

No

When Reddit sends their people here, they're not sending their best.

Mark stop bully. This is why we get mark sucks threads.

The puffiest

I meant to put a "even" there, to hint that's it's the least you could do, but either way they still show you how it generally works and good ones should be showing examples of shit that actually happens. Watch court tv if you want.
Watch the news and see the drama that comes out of some rulings and cases, and compare them to others with identical charges.
Read cases.

Or use Google.

Poop Loop theory of fanbases
The more negative the point against something is the more moderate a contrary point of argument can be while still seeming fanatical.

Nintendo showed contempt for their fanbase back in 2005 when they told core gamers that they didn't care about them because the Wii was made for soccer moms and families instead of gamers, and Miyamoto told them to go ahead and check out the Xbox 3Niggy or the Pedostation 3 instead.

They've done nothing but show contempt for their "fans" for more than a decade, they didn't even apologize when they pleaded gamers to come back with the advent of the Wii U, but then they made another gimmick console that can't do shit. Now they're making another console that's probably going to be weak as shit, and I don't care.

These DMCAs aren't even a new problem, Nintendo does these annually. It's only because a bunch of projects people were paying attention to got completed in such a short period of time before the most recent wave that you fucks even noticed.

I haven't bought a Nintendo product in a long ass time, why do you act like Nintendo SUDDENLY changed? Iwata was just as much of an asshole.

What

I didn't know that

Nintendo is just a shitty company they haven't been able to make a good game for years now, coupled with the fact their shitty practices finally coming to light.

coupled with the fact no one is buying their shitty overpriced memes and shit their blaming their actual loyal fans and punishing them

sun and moon is probably gonna be their last decent pokemon game, breath of the wild is gonna be on dead systems

I can't wait for Nintendo to finally die and end their neverending shitty rehashed sequels.

I think it's questionable to assume that S&M is automatically going to be good. Bear in mind that they're reusing a bunch of Pokemon from other generations, revised and changed for the new generation, making odd choices that don't make much sense (like adding Dragon type to a Plant type that's been in Pokemon since Gen 1 and never had Dragon type).

So between reusing pokemon and changed business practices, this could be a "bad" pokemon game.

Implying it won't simply be an X/Y rehash with bare-bones new features

That's the alola gimmick though, they aren't changing Exeggutor at all

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracaena_(plant)
You could at least do some basic research before going "hurr y is this"
Also quit being fucking autistic over Pokemon.

Splatoon is only a year old, user.

k

Splatoon was not a good game

On one hand I don't think they should be infringing copyrights.

On the other hand, you would probably be spending a DN:F long development cycle to get rid of the copyrighted stuff. (i.e the entirety of AM2R, besides the original content.)

Nintendo is Yakuza

Well, they changed its appearance and height. It's going from being like 7 feet to 35 feet tall, and made it look like a coconut tree.

I dunno if I'd call that good, my friend played it til he reached S Rank and I watched him play it, and I didn't much care for it. Taking over the various zones with shit like Ink Bombs and Ink Launchers and the like.

In my opinion, it was kind of dull. The only good thing about Splatoon is the characters, and you can just go to your favorite rule34 site like Danbooru/Gelbooru instead.

Trash

Don't you get what the alola gimmick is?
It's just a different form, Exeggutor is sitll the same thing.

Nintendo fans are masochists.

Man I knew Holla Forumsedditors had shit taste, but not this shit

So you've never played it before?

Back to the codex

literally who

It wouldn't take that long. It would increase the dev time by like 6 months to change the art assets and levels, sure, but it wouldn't necessarily take 15 years.

The Yakuza disbanded a couple years ago, in its place it split off into 5 crime families, but the Yakuza doesn't really exist anymore.

they're legally protecting their money maker mario - if a fan game is allowed, it can be used in court for saying they are showing favoritism and thus it'll allow competitors to make high quality games that can crunch down on their sales. That's their justification for it, whether people agree or not.

nintendo's rich and can sue the shit out of people and manipulate others to get what they want

wat

reported

For what?

I'm glad the last Nintendo console I actually bought was the GC.
The Wii was full of trash and the Wii U has nogaems even when compared to the fucking N64, which had around half of the NES's library.

except you don't have to take down anything as long as it's used under a creative commons non-commercial license. Which most fangames operate under

legal precedence - if you let one person do it then because of the law companies making games for a profit can try to make games using the same characters / storyline / etc to try to get money. Fucked up huh?

Have you?

business with 5,000 people Momentum by TNW is our New York technology event for anyone interested in helping their company grow

Every time I read this it makes less and less sense, what the fuck is this sentence?

true to a degree - some companies still try to exploit it under the guise of donations to something they say is unrelated or to purchase this random non-copyright infringing file that has to be bundled with the knockoff game to work. Also nintendo doesn't want competition (slight paranoia and more greed that sometimes backfires), even perceived competition from their fans.

Yes and it had content and now has even more content.

I see you like to make shit up with authority on the internet.
Here's a tip, do it with something that the average person can't see as blatantly false.

see

I've been a Nintendo fanboy since N64, but after all the shit they've done I haven't bought a game in years. I enjoy pirating their games, thought, if something, I only buy the hardware, but that's meaningless.

also authority on an imageboard? listen, they want to protect their shit so any possible opening for competition, profit or not, gets stomped out to protect it has much has possible

Except that is nothing at all like what you said. You made it out to be that if you let fans use an IP for nonprofit then companies can use it for profit. Piss poor exploits do not count.
Copyright is not "use it or lose it" It's one of the most basic myths about it.
templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

m8, nothing you have posted in this thread is even close to being legally true

Prove it didn't.

m8, you think Splatoon is a good game. You are right on that retards level.

Everyone on the threads were complaining about that at launch and even the devs addressed that.

Fucking thing didnt even have voice chat.

They want to prevent legal ways companies can make money on their shit, they kill fan games for competition, they try to set a legal precedence that makes it hard to profit from their material even if it hurts their fans. I might be fucktarded, and I'll even look into a bit more in case I just spaghettied a thread, but I think I'm right. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Reminder that you said a game using unique sprites made by some random schmuck was pulled from actual nintendo games. Continue sucking that Nintendo cock, my friend.

No they weren't
When?

Here's your (you)

Well for one, New Mario's Sky still ripped off Mario gameplay while also taking Mario characters and putting them in the game.

>>>/suicide/

Why are you trying to tell me what they're doing? Their intentions aren't in question.
All anyone is arguing is them being assholes for how they handle it with fan games. And they are indeed idiotic cunts over it.
Any perceived threat is of their own making. If they're that paranoid about losing sales to fans they should either make better games or be intelligent and buy up the projects, not squash and waste them while building up animosity with their fanbase.

Their actions are gaining them no money (in fact it wastes money since I'm sure it takes funds to file all these papers and pay the lawyers) and are costing them money in the long run as fans get sick of their shit. It even makes thier competitors look better.
When people see Sega or whatever letting people make fan games and even helping them out, it's a PR boost.

All they gain is the perceived safety of the stereotypical deluded business man.
They are pantsu on head retarded.

Except ASSFAGGOTS relies on voice chat and team communication. Splatoon doesn't need that. Plus are you really asking for a mouthpiece for 13 year olds to yell into your ear?

Read my post and stop embarrassing yourself user.

I would love to see some competitor pull another NINTENDON'T campaign over this kind of shit. Assuming enough people care, that is.

What's new?

wat

Do we have real fucking Nintendo shills working in a chinese cavepaintings forum trying to damage control?

I've seen this same fucking pattern on other "Fuck Nintendo for being greedy assholes" threads.

T.Exnintendrone.

You are one boring ass motherfucker

You know why nobody does another Nintendon't campaign? Because Nintendo is niche status at best, they're not considered to be a video game company anymore, they don't compete with either of the two actual hardcore consoles. The only competing they do is with the 3DS vs the Vita, and Sony looks about ready to call it quits with portable gaming.

No one feels the need to do an anti-Nintendo campaign because they don't have to, Nintendo gave up 2 generations ago.

That's Konami

(you)

I think you might be underaged and you need to go to reddit.

Every platformer in existence past 1983 has ripped off Mario's gameplay. Keep sucking that dick.

Lawful Neutrals need to get the fuck off my board.

in terms of fan games, exactly - maybe once in a blue moon would even a remote problem come from them, and they are idiotic cunts over that, but moreover I think it's management with a truly shitty legal department. The paid games that use bullshit to sneak by (shit like "oh, your paying 19.99 for this image of a cat, that just happens to come with a knockoff game") is what they should focus on, and for legal protection they try to stop them (if one exception is allowed in can be used in court has a legal precedence to allow more if nintendo did try to pursue action), but then the idiots at nintendo thought it was a good idea to target fan games, which hold some but very little effect in causing a loophole for shitty knockoffs (all nintendo needs to do is state they allow non profit knockoffs that don't get funds directly or indirectly from a consumer audience) . They don't see free games are basically free advertising, and instead punish helpful fans because of fears people will play fan stuff and not but their games, which is quite the opposite but they fail to see it. Sadly, they can't see this.

Except that's wrong and you know it, or rather your idea of "ripping off" means "not even related".

Nigger, Mark was is infamous for being a Nintendrone and letting these kinds of people run loose.
There have been Mobileshit threads for Pokemon GO and Miitomo and youll get banned if you shit on them unlike non Nintendo ones.

Nice rebuttal, keep sucking that Nintencock you goddamn shill

Yeah, you're right. Like I said, that's the worst part, most people don't give a shit so they're free to keep fucking their dedicated fans.

All these fangame makers needed to do is not plaster their personal information online. If Nintendo doesn't know who you are, they can't DCMA you.

but goy, how will they make money off of someone else's IP if they can't crowd fund it or set up a patreon?

how many times do people need to be shit on and spat on before they stop giving these greedy jews money

these people don't care about video games, they care about money

explain why you continue to give them money
how many times do people need to be shit on and spat on before they stop giving these greedy jews money

Keep saging all you want we can just just keep remaking this thread when it auto sages. All you are accomplishing it to further estrange your master's dwindling fan and customer base.

Nice moving the goalpost faggot.

How far is Reggie' s nigger cock down your troath, faggot?

Well, those are vidya, despite being shitty. Also it's normal for people to bandwagon the last popular trend, even in here, and most if it's a "videogame."

But there are these two or three guys appearing in every Nintendo related thread defending their japanese overlords with tooth and memes. They are fucking blatant at this point.

number 5 is actually a good point, thank you. I still think it's desperate legal paranoia motivated by greed and desperation to hold on to their profits, but I must ask this - why not allow small nonprofit games - truly nonprofit, such has no ads, no donations, no selling or trying to find loopholes?

Whatever you say, user.

No shit motherfucker. If this is your reason to boycott something you'll be boycotting everything

Caring about money is not the same as ONLY caring about money.
I care about money but it's not the sole moral and ethical axis that I array my life and actions around.

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's bad

Blaspheming prophet Mohommad is illegal by Shariah law but that doesn't mean we should limit free speech in order to not hurt the fee fees of snackbars.

What other major company and publisher has to deal with so many fangames anyway?

Where are the Crash Bandicoot, Halo, Sonic, etc fangames that are getting shut down left and right?

That does remind me, how is Halo Custom Edition?

Meet gaming's Disney, everybody.

More like Apple.

That doesn't really make sense, because it would be impossible for Manlet Tears to pedal that bike.

Autism

Do people like you even play video games? It's stupid how commonly I see this shit here.

It's similar to Nintendo's attitude with rom sites. No other developer goes out of their way to remove roms. I haven't heard of Atari or Sega removing ancient roms. Some anons will be using the sprite argument. So I'll ask these anons, why doesn't another company do it? Isn't this situation sort of similar to paid mods in that regard. Almost no one dares to do paid mods. Of course people are adjusted to the fact that fangames aren't gonna be taken down. I mean, if we take that presumption, no one should be allowed to pirate but people all over the fucking world do it even if they live in Russia, China or Germany.

I play lots of vidya. I just don't pay for it.

It's not just lazy unfinished parody flash games, though, AM2R is a full sized game coded in C++ which took YEARS to make. I never thought they'd actually finish it, back when I played through the demo I thought that was going to be it.

It was a pretty extensive remake, and it reused NONE of the assets of Metroid 2 for a few reasons, one being that it was a remake of a Gameboy game, so that would be absolutely retarded trying to make a game using those assets. You could render the whole world of Metroid 2 on a 1080 monitor with a reasonably large visual representation if you used the original Gameboy resolution and assets to render the whole world of Metroid 2 on your monitor. He had to remake every single one of those assets from scratch, he didn't rip or steal any of them from any ROMs, and yet retards who misrepresent what the fuck the problem is continue to spout that bullshit.

No Mario's Sky didn't have Nintendo art rips in it, it was created from scratch as well, but people still continue to defend Ninjewery and go "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR RIPPING ART FROM NINTENDO GAMES AND PUTTING IT IN YOUR OWN GAME" – nothing from No Mario's Sky even looks anything remotely like any actual Mario games.

It's not just people "suddenly acting like they care" – these are some things that people actually legitimately loved and played. I remember playing Super Mario X with my friend, and we were having a good time with that, but now you can't do that either because they DMCAd it too.

you know this is Holla Forums, right?
didn't we leave our abusers when the exodus happen?
also:

Hi Reggie

Life is suffering.

Actually, the chances are pretty low.
I mean, they both have been a thing for years now, and nintendo still haven't done it.

They can be required to remove the Nintendo portions of it, but it can't really be DMCA'd. If Nintendo tried to sue, they could countersue for abusing DMCA.

The trademark, on the other hand, of Super Smash might be their downfall.

AM2R has been a thing for 5 years, and they got the axe.

You say that as if it means anything. Nintendo has shown that they can and will kill any project that they sniff out. It's not a question of if, but when.

It was only released recently, though.

Any occasions where they DMCA'd shit like that?

There was a demo out for years, though.

FUCK.
YOU.

You are either the most dedicated baitmeister or a genuine nintendrone.

Enough arguing.

Is there a list of thesee fan games?

I want to know if any of them are actually ones we've played or wanted to I.E hacks, and otherwise simple flashgames.

Imagine if they went after minus8

Actually, if someone can get a Volafile open or sharethread with said content, that would be helpful.

remember Sega is hiring people who make fan games

THIS
I'm afraid most of these won't even be worth saving, however.
Literally the three most uninteresting franchises nintendo owns.

Until sonic music is compossed by hip black people again and the levels have flow to the music, Sonic will never be good again.

Okay, can we find this?

I'd like to help but i'm from my phone.
Anybody else?

That wouldn't be a good compromise considering that the majority of the content of Smash Flash 2 is Nintendo-related.

he should an hero.

He probably did it because he fucked up in the repoduction game, You need to have a son else your lineage is in the bin, and if you have more than one girl before the son, the kid's more likely to be gay because the female womb is so shit it actively rejects male foetuses with estrogens feminzing it causign all kinds of nasty shti to happen (anything from downs, transsexualism, faggotry, or ltieral intersex conditions (See attack on the male 1995))

So every girl he has is a Zelda, and the boy get's a legit name or something.

wait, was this the same guy who did an hero and post on 8chanlearning of pedowood and a whole lot of other nasty shit?

goddamn get a load of these cunts protecting their IPs

user…

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A few people made some fan games for you to play. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, Nintendo picked out the 3 or 4 games that used assets from their games and are using that to file DMCAs.

Guess what? Those games were never going to be original. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big number of fan games filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played them for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to play an infinite number of fan games and then say "yeah but…"

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Nintendo doesn't owe you the world. Yet they sent cease and desist orders to the creators of at least 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

I mean the characters, you can't DMCA a gameplay style or else X clones would never exist. If a game plays like another game, and even is a carbon copy of gameplay, you can criticize it, but it's not subject to lawsuit or DMCA less it's your own engine being used.

Heres a question for you all; Nintendo is getting cocky. Do you think they realize kids don't even play their games?

ebin pasta

$0.50 has been deposited to your account.

I'd buy my son nintendo games.
Mostly easy ones like kirby, mario world and monster hunter generation :^)

Another example was Bid For Power. BFP is a Quake III mod which originally started as a Dragon Ball Z DM game. It got hit with a DMCA by Funimation for featuring Dragon Ball Z characters and being made in the North America region (where Funimation owns the rights to Dragon Ball products). So they changed all the game character models and names, but changed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE. Characters still used Kamehameha, Death Ball, etc.

It wasn't the best game, though, because it was a bit imbalanced. Any character who could use the Kienzan (or Destructo Disc if you're a dubby) was basically a god and could instant kill any other character regardless of power level difference.

Nintendo thinks they are still floating on brand name, and that people will continue to buy their games for the next 30 years based on the bullshit they sowed back in the 80s with their NINTENDO SAVED VIDEO GAMES. Back when Nintendo was still controlling the media and how gamers thought by controlling everything behind the scenes, mandating people say this or publish that or they'd withhold shipments of their products and review copies of games.

They don't realize that their brand name doesn't mean much anymore because their target audience are all being raised on Macroshit and Sonygger games.

Go back to sucking Reggie's and Miyamoto's dick

I was also referring to characters (and stages). It wouldn't be worth it to follow through cutting out Nintendo characters if the result would bring the roster down from 39 to 12.

That gook is an absolute madman
If by any chance someone doxes him and reports him to proper authorities in South Korea he's gonna end up like those doujinshi translators and scanners in Korea.
Jailed and redlined in their resumes

nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-producer-once-again-comments-on-lack-of-voice-chat-staggered-content-roll-out/

Unless they have made money off it, any fan game should be protected under fair-use.

Get fucked Nintendo.
And fuck anyone who defends them over this.

Seriously, the roster doesn't have to go down to 12, you can replace them.

Sanic music was never composed by "hip black people" save for two or three songs.

How awesome would it be if some rich guy made his own fan game? So when it gets taken down like this the creator can just say no fight them in court then win. Then take it to supreme court and set precedent to just end this nonsense.

They were also using getting 30% revenue from the ads on their respective game pages.

But they did make money off them.

He had two sons, one oldest, one youngest, by two different women

Wait are you defending the developers of fan games or Nintendo your post makes no sense.

I think he was being ironic.

Yeah I just found it:
gamejolt.com/developers/ad-sharing

Still convinced they'd do it to anyone doing it for free.

Sega does what Nintendon't.

eh, if you let "fan-games" get away with it, your standing in court is severely undermined when people actually rip you off.

I don't really see why people are getting mad at this. People making fan games KNOW they're going to get shut down, what's with the feigned surprise and anger? You're to blame if you openly advertise that you're competing with a company with their own property and their legal department tells you to fuck off.

Its gotta be for attention, no one is really that stupid. If you're really making a fan game for the love of the game or the community or whatever, dump it completed and unattributed onto the internet and walk away. Don't play chicken with international copyright law and then cry foul when they run you the fuck over.

I love that people are calling others nintendrones for pointing out how the world works, when this whole spiral of complaints seems to be coming from nintendrones who feel hurt their fandom isn't fellated and their favourite company isn't Japanese Barney.

Yeah, they quit making consoles which Nintendo refuses to do despite the fact they clearly hate gamers and making consoles.

Because then it wouldn't be true to the IP, you dumb shitters. Have you never been fans of something? And I mean serious fans, as in you go through a period where you literally cannot think about anything else but the subject matter, and scrub the internet clean for hours and hours, finding every shitty article written by every possible shitter about it, in the hopes of finding something new. It's the power of pure, undiluted autism, and in some cases, it leads to creative spurts, where the autist in question starts making shitty music/writing fanfics/draw/ make fangames. The point of it is not to make something, it is to celebrate the thing they're part of along with other fans - changing ANYTHING is, for that reason, absolutely out of the question. It would be like making a steak, but replacing the meat with tofu.

No son, it was made by blacks.

See all those fucking sonic songs done by fucking MJ, and al those sweet ass sonic songs in Sonic R, a Game I have memorized the location of golden tokens in and play one a year religiously.

It's all that hip upbeat YEEEAAAAHAHAHYEEAHAHH balck people tier music thaat flows with the stage and the speed of the player that makes a sonic game, and those church singin sistahs and shit.

If you can't see it you never felt it.

Sonic speaks to a bruthda, you hear?

I still don't see why Nintendo didn't endorse the exceptional fangames as Nintendo products. I mean when all the shit was coming out surrounding how garbage Federation Force is they could have got so much awesome PR for just saying hey our dedicated fans made this awesome homage to Metroid. Like Capcom did with Megaman x Street Fighter. Or Sega the Sonic Mania devs started as people who made Sonic romhacks and fangames, then made official ports, now they're own game. Not Nintendo though just shut everything down and insinuate a chunk of your biggest fans are criminals.

That was one game, and they cut most of them. Sonic 3's music was done by Japs

That music was composed by a Brit. A white Brit

nicoblog.org/pc-games/another-metroid-2-remake-fan-game/
I just googled AM2R download, Once a game picks other people usually re-upload it to other sites or host it themselves.

Nobody is worried about being able to download that game this is the internet you can find stuff once it's out. People are mad because the guy said he would no longer release anymore updates.

All any of them had to do is just make a new game and just say it's inspired by it.
Like if Freedom planet stayed a sonic fan game it could potentially suffer the same fate but the devs did what you always should and made their own shit.

Nintendo hasn't been relevant for real gaming outside of child-tier handhelds since the SNES.(with the exception of the Wii's drunk/party fun factor after it was first released, but that's not really "real" gaming, is it?).

Who gives a fuck about any of this?

SEGA are pretty accepting of fan games. As a publisher SEGA does awesome stuff all the time, including give free stuff away on Fridays. Nintendo are as jewish as it gets, if you dropped a penny off a building their CEO would jump to grab it.

Sorry, I forgot about the N64. Please allow me to kill myself.

How is calling Nintendo shit being edgy? It's not like I'm calling them a nigger fucking faggot and saying I want to slit all of the employees throats while they're sleeping. I'm just saying they're fucking garbage, which they are. I couldn't imagine anyone outside of my friend's kids having fun on any current Nintendo system.

I'm curious, do you have friends? Did you ever try playing Smash Bros with friends?

I just wanted a excuse to post my favorite pic

SEGA have been pretty Jewish themselves. Remember the time they tried to DMCA all the Shining Force videos on JewTube because they were thinking about making a new game and said videos being up would have interfered with their SEO

Pretty funny

Oh, you mean THE single most normalfag video game franchise ever created?

Hrm, no, I'm not aware of that, I'll read up about it.

fag

Should you even admit that your game is inspired by some other game, even if it's literally just a clone with all the serial numbers filed off? If you're worried about lawyers I wouldn't give them any excuse or opening.

I have friends, and I tried playing Smash Brothers with a couple of them one time and I hated it. I've had fun playing Mario Party on GameCube when I'm all fucked up, but both of those experiences have been insanely casual.

When i think of "real gaming" I picture me sitting in my darkened, depressing room all by myself, hunched over my desk, surrounded by Mountain Dew and piss bottles and not leaving my room or having any outside contact whatsoever for hours upon hours at a time. I just can't see anyone doing something like that with anything that is available on any of the more modern Nintendo systems.

No amount of funny reactions and insults will change that simple fact.

Uranium for example has/had a patreon
cashing in on other people's good will with a known IP
distributing your game for free doesn't mean you cannot cash in on the IP at all

Instead of just "I hated it," tell me what is it you hated. Did you use the customization options? Did you try making your own levels? Did you know you could customize characters? Did you know you could make custom levels?

I hated it because I haven't liked fighting games since Mortal Kombat 3. It's just non stop mindless button smashing. It's a casual party type game.

FALSE. You don't pay for the product, you pay for the efforts of the maker. That has always been the understanding of Patreon. People who pay the maker of Uranium still pay the maker of Uranium, unless they cancel their payments, because they're not paying for the game, they're paying him to continue to make the game. You're effectively paying the wages of someone, or contributing to someone's expenses or costs, either way you support the content creator, not the content itself.

Anyone who puts up any kind of notices saying "if you don't contribute X amount to my patreon, I will stop making this altogether" has had their Patreons cancelled in the past. That's not how Patreon works.

9/10, this was the best bait I've seen in weeks.

So you hated it because you don't like the game type. Thank you. I can understand that reasoning more than just "IT'S NORMALFAG SHIT, IT'S SHIT BECAUSE NORMALFAGS!" like that one retard above.

why do they pay that maker?
because he/she released a game based on pokemon, a well known IP
if the money doesn't flow into the product, then it goes into the maker's pocket
I'd be fine if the patreon had said "this is me, and I made Uranium", but instead it was advertised as a Uranium Patreon

"could potentially suffer"
That's a example of what can happen since I'm not spending time researching more fan games that became their own games. Because fucking hell it's all about this Porkyman Uranus that recently got taken down

Like if freedom planet was the exact game it is now 1:1 but it was called "Sonic the Hedgehog"™ even with all of it's own characters and setting, Sega would have perfectly good ground to shut it down.

What you should complain about is shit like Pokemon Black&Blue is considered Legit because it comes under "parody" by over exaggerating elements from the games, but Uranium is just a game using nintendo owned names and characters (I'm pretty sure it's not 100% fan mons)

MFW

You can surely say inspired but in those cases you do have to have past inspiration make it distinguishable, like a former Fire emblem dev made a PlayStation game that was pretty much just fire emblem with a hexagon grid and not a square grid but in everything else was the same and it didn't pull wool over the legal systems eyes because the weapons were 1:1 and it kept the same weapon and magic triangles.

Like if Uranium wasn't called pokemon, didn't use assets/code from pokemon (not sure if it copied code) and only had fan mons nintendo couldn't do anything, nintendo doesn't own the rights to turn based RPG's that specifically have you using monsters that you recruit, they'd be told they didn't even do the concept first and they wouldn't have a case. (Avoiding 1 : 1 moves too would also be a good push for them since they'd then obviously have different moves to use)

Even if it didn't make money in any form it would still have the exact same amount of ground to remove it as they did, money is just the big killer to stop "parody" and "education" exclusions from fair use, simply not making money by no means makes you save if you break other rules.

I wouldn't really compare that to Nintendo, since it was a one off but yeah that was pretty stupid of them to drum up support and notice of a Shining Force game by DMCAing Shining Force videos.

HA

You say that like it's unique to the one slut.

all they have to do is stay anonymous and just release it into the wild and they won't have to care about DMCAs

This is the world that we live in. You can't be just be apathetic to Nintendo; you have hate Nintendo to not be considered a Nintendrone.

Here's what I don't get
Why are people throwing a temper tantrum over nintendo taking down shitty fangames, when there's a genuine problem of Nintendo of America pulling content from games.

Or we can focus on both items individually? No one's giving them a free pass.