~Lain~

Does anyone know what happened to this guy?
fauux.neocities.org/
He was working on a Lain tribute game and then he fell off the face of the planet.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ooqzcy.pdf
geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/1736/
archive.is/fk8l5
my.mixtape.moe/jfuvcm.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PRESENT DAY

HEH

PRESENT TIME

HAHAHAHA

lain is overrated

DUDE

It's dead, user.

Give me some alternative Chinese cartoons

Anyone here figure out the login?

Let it go, OP

There is no login.

what a shame

Hopefully dead, Lainposters are literally the fucking worst, even worse than Jojoposters.

Lainposters aren't too bad. Lainchan, on the other hand…

what?

welcome to late 90s animu

Come to think of it, I haven't watched much late 90s anime other than pleb choices like Initial D and Cowboy Bebop

Also why is Cowboy bebop 16:9?

it's a weird transitional era where bits of 3d and fancy computer effects got slapped in here and there on top of old fashioned looking animation because they were still getting a handle on what the fuck to do with cheap dedicated graphics cards.

At least it's better than now, where there isn't any old fashioned looking animation.

Was this because the concept of a "present" day and "present" time would seem ridiculous to a being that can basically just do whatever the fuck it wants whenever it wants?

They are not even trying, what the hell.

Meanwhile in fucking 1993:

please tell me that's not really in the berserk anime and it's just a joke somebody put together

It's never too late to learn Japanese user. Learn it for lain.

Patlabor is the fucking SHIT.

Helltrips confirm this. Check out this music video - it's official, ripped straight from the VHS. The band made the OG AMV.

Not a joke, if you want better pure 3d animation look for Mahou Shoujo Naria Girls

Should I watch Lain. Holla Forums? I've been thinking about it for years but I'm not sure if it'll just be another case like Evangelion where it just devolves into nonsensical psychological crap.

Mah nigga. Noa is a top tier waifu.

Why not you go watch lain and form your own opinions instead of needing someone else to tell you what to think?

EVA never became nonsensical, but you could consider it psychological crap.

Watch Lain for yourself. At worst you'll just feel like you wasted your time, and since you're posting here, that shouldn't be an issue anyway.

With Lain it seems like a total coin toss as to whether or not you consider it a fukkin masterpiece or pretentious crap. Personally I like how it slowly escalated in weirdness.

Do it nigger.

Evangelion is the Lost of anime, Lain is actually well made and thought out

Just read The Sprawl trilogy

satan please, animation cost a lot of shekels and otakus only buy moe kawaii shit this days.

It's really not fair to compare openings to the main body of the show, they generally have vastly superior quality.

I've been trying to convince myself that ever since it started.

I honestly never found lain to be pretenious. It all depends on how much you like cyberpunk and technology because given that lain is partially cyberpunk, it's going to have philosophy. I loved lain.

Thanks for the image user

Agreed

Have more.

that's fucking stupid

Ergo Proxy was fun.
The virus in the anime was called the Cogito, and made robots go mad.
Cogito Ergo Sum is latin for "i think, therefore i am"
It's not a virus, robots are just taking consciousness

the filler was some real shit cancer though

It was a 6/10 imo, but by the end, i had some serious feels from it.
Like that scene where they ride in the desert for months, god fuck.

For the login page, you just have to enter an email address for the password to login.

The "validation" function is part of the login page itself (for some reason the "password" input field is named "userID". I'm assuming this is a mistake.)

Here's the validation right from the source of the login page:
function validateForm(){var x=document.forms["myForm"]["userID"].value;var atpos=x.indexOf("@");var dotpos=x.lastIndexOf(".");if (atpos

When is filler ever not shit?

Let's all love Lain!

[spoiler] Why is the PS1 game like #200?[/img]

It works :D

On no.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wow, thanks for spoonfeeding you faggot.

I think what everyone thinks is that you're new and you should leave.
I think the same too.

lmao what year i am in

This is a very cozy thread.

Nigger what?

Cogito itself is Latin for "I think". Why do you translate it by comparing it with a saying?

Because it's Cogito Ergo Proxy

Don't forget they made her white for a while.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE A FAG?

Not too bad. I get free food, free clothing and all I have to pay for it is my ass being pounded. Pretty good if you ask me.

What a horrible transition. I watched a bit of Oppai Punch Guy and they didn't even seem to bother to match up the background perspective. Fortunate I don't give a fuck about modern anime.

Utena.

Also, Saint Seiya. The Odin Saga was awesome.

Are we going to discuss what happened to anime and video game shrines next?

That's funny because I found the filler episodes to be some of the best I've ever seen in an anime series.

It's no translation patch, but I found a PDF read-along translation for it a while back:
a.pomf.cat/ooqzcy.pdf

Geocities still exists, dude.

geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/1736/

I was just bored and lonely and wanted to make a thread to talk about my fav anime cause the other boards are dead.

Nigger, you high? Making me double check my Blu-Rays and shit.

except JoJo in itself is not trying to be a megadeep commentary on the world's tech dependence and is doing normal, exciting kinds of stories, in a subtle way painted with a broad brush.

I've yet to see a manga/anime as bold, bright, dynamic and loud as JoJo that manages to stay on point, and pay incredible amount of attention to the details of the plot and/or setting to the point where it sends across a feeling that these are all real accounts of bizarre things.

They're not, obviously, but god damn they feel so tangible and real simply because of how detailed and thorough the narration is.

I'm clinically depressed and most anime just makes me want to doze off but JoJo grabbed my by the balls and made me legitimately care about the characters. The hype of every climax of the story made me feel genuinely happy for as long as it lasted.

They're hit or miss. I, for one, loved them and considered them to be interesting and atmospheric looks into the world of Ergo Proxy. Especially the ones where they're just wandering the deserts. My dick.

JoJofags are much worse.

I see what you did there.

picking out words out of context to poke at seems to be what lainfags are best at

context doesn't make it any better

Bruh, we're just fabulous.

I thought my thread was dead so I dropped it like a box of rocks.

Neocities doesn't have any serverside scripting services (so no actual login script). I presume he planned on making this a full website on his own server but ended up prototyping it on neocities. And then it just kind of stuck.

I skipped the recap episode and apparently missed a huge part of the plot. Liked it overall though.

I can't

Good anime with a shit board.

10/10

yeah, that was the cancerous part of the filler, what kind of dick mixes in plot points with recaps

I generally like abstract anime but the transition seems very dificult. How would you make a Welcome to the NHK, a Tatami Galaxy, a Cat Soup, Lain and so on games?

Texhnolyze was here.

Serial Experiments Lain a shit.

I don't know which I'd rather suffer, that or rewatching Reboot.

When Goku and Piccolo tried to get their licenses and the only interesting part of Bleach after the first or second season.

Lain is approved by Holla Forums as one of, if not the most, red-pilled Chinese cartoon.

archive.is/fk8l5

Kill yourself. Reboot is phenomenal.

I loved Reboot as a child but that CG animation is impossible to stomach now.

Well

this is a good site

I should really study how old anime art is made.

I do like how like half the thread isn't even talking about Lain though.

Jojo anime fags are the fucking worst

Nobody is buying your obvious ruse.

False flag

lainchan is still a thing, right?
Servers won't respond.

Judging by Faux's twitter account, the Swede is just around. Just lazy.

The real question is: Have you ever encountered Lain in Scenario #1 ?

Ikki Tousen. Masterpiece

You can do that?

At least I saw a screenshot of it in the Saturday Night Horror Thread

No. I haven't.

The real question is, have you?

I wanted to like Patlabor II, but, not having watched the first, mind you, the movie seemed too slow and uneventful. I don't even need it to be jam packed with action, but there was hardly anything happening.

This is how you come across.

I beat off to that so much in my teenage days.

Why do people not like lain? It's a good show.

Only thing I can say is that some people may not like it because the show is slow paced.

outside of that, I don't know tbh smh famicom

it gets a little weird and it's literally a deus ex machina ending

From what I've seen, most of the people who hate lain are just being contrarian faggots or they're just shitposting.

>Deus ex machina ending.
>Not deus est machina ending

I want to bully lain.

it wasn't a desu ex machina ending. it was previously established that lain can alter reality and she has god like powers long before the ending. It was bittersweet, but not deus ex machina

Lain is a pure girl, do not bully her. She is not for bullying.

Altering memories of people hooked up to the interwebs, yes. Not alter all of reality across time to undo the events of the entire series.
It's a lackluster way to end any story tbqh, even if it were established though.

input a string into the username and anything formatted as an email as the password

Since lain is god wouldn't me bullying her be, in a way, a product of her own will? She wants me to bully the shit out of her. She wants to me to feed her some tasty knucky sammiches. She wants me to call her stupid for wearing bear pajamas and to sprinkle cheeto crumbs into her keyboards. Do you know why? Because I love lain. We all love lain – and lain loves us back.

This looks nice.

Nice Hitler dubs.

And yeah, Lainchan is garbage. The owner is a complete cuck.

user, she was bullied. And she's also God. Therefore, she willed herself to be bullied. She wants to be bullied. Lain loves being bullied because it's something that makes her feel alive.

>Lain has god like powers.
Lain IS god. That's why she calls Eiri Masami "a proxy god paving the way for a true god", and that's why she was able to reset reality.

Wrong. Lain is not an acting god. She is just an observer. Yes, she watched you fap.

jesus christ this webpage chain never ends but I need all these gifs

someone save me

Well, I guess that's understandable.

I honestly miss anime like these though. Everything these days is generally trash that I still watch for some reason.

Also, if you want to contact him his email is [email protected]/* */

Jojo has so many fucking plotholes I wouldn't be surprised if Araki just improvises the story by the issue.

Start with a pencil and a white piece of paper

black confirmed doesn't work

AND

Heh. This is the first time I've seen someone attempt to draw that fucking owl. But how did the positioning of the head get so fucked up? That should be easy.

Being an anime animator is probably the lowest tier of art anyway. Next to the guy that inks whatever terrible looking characters Rob Liefield is drawing this week.

those pockets aren't going to color themselves

of course we are

That's the joke, Lain started as the videogame.
In fact it's story makes up as a prequel to the anime.

Best anime OP

Third Boa Album when?

The Good Shit.
The Mongolian Shit.

At least OPM wasn't this Berserk show

Does lainchan have any good boards?

Not really, its mostly cringe tier kids over there. It's breety autistic overall.

In fact I'd say its about 5 to 10 times more autistic than Holla Forums. (tumblrtale spammer not withstanding)

Bullying Lain wouldn't be that fun, she'd blow her brains out before you really get started.

Suicide minigames
I'd kill for a God loli crossover fight game

Pic related

Just use wget. or I could do it and put it up here my.mixtape.moe/jfuvcm.7z

Araki has straight up said that he doesn't care for continuity if it gets in the way of a cool idea

You can't bully someone who only exists in your mind and in the minds of every human being. She could bully you back though, because you know about her, and thus she can guide your mind.
Let's all bully lain.
She can't command us around once we all stop loving her.

haha

Let's all bully Lain

Actually, the problem with Lain's ending is the opposite. Lain swallows the bluepill in episode 10 and the show follows with her.

This

As much as I hated the series' ending, the opening suddenly really fucking hit me as I was starting the final episode.

user, I like Jojo too but let's not kid ourselves here.

You've been thinking about watching a 13 episode animu for years?

Just fucking watch it, it takes like, 5 hours to watch the whole thing

I want the ALL 3DCG IS INHERENTLY BAD meme to die but at the same time Berserk has to come out and do this shit to me.

Lainchan became a circlejerk for anarchists who can't accept other opinions, and even converted Lain into their anarchist idol. The owner allowed it to happen. The owner gets pretty offended when you bring up "nazi" views.

I typed this about the ending half expecting someone to respond to my posts about it and half just… typing stuff:

When your demiurge steps up to spell it out to you that it's time to transcend your reality and even then instead of doing that you just fucking zero-sum, you've obviously done things wrong. Is Iwakura Lain the Ikari Shinji of Divinities?

Lain seems like she'd be shit at bullying and would likely throw out a terrible comeback; after which I'd start pushing her into the mud I imagine that's behind her until I get bored.

What world do you think you live in?

literally the only one I cound find on sadpanda was in tacospeak

Lain is only awkward and secluded because she's literally God that got injected into reality with no context, the reason she felt "different" is because unlike some tublrina snowflake, lain was literally not human

Shinji on the other hand is just an autistic 14 year old with daddy isues that pretty much lucked his way into deciding the fate of humanity because he was nice to a cute girl that looked like his mom

The fuck are you claiming them for?

2002 was a wild time.