Is doom still the peak of the FPS genre in terms of PvE?

is doom still the peak of the FPS genre in terms of PvE?

And you fucked up already.

you know doom can be moded, right?

do you think I was talking about vanilla doom?

Yes, brutal Doom is garbage and everyone on this board will tell you so. Just don't post on Holla Forums.

calm down retard, it was an example.

maybe you wanna talk about better mods.

There already is a Doom general in the catalog and you are a retard for posting brutal doom as an example.
Just kys fam.

sage because bait.
Doom and HL1 (sven) are both top tier.

muh vanilla experience

Descent

my question isn't about DOOM, is about the FPS genre.

what's your favorite FPS user?

We have a general.

no? what sort of delusional nostalgiafag would think this? are you trying to go for street-cred on an anonymous imageboard?

Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Doom, Quake 1, in no particular order

Is Halo SP any good?

it is has some of the best gameplay and custom map sets out of any PvE fps, so probably.

it is, until 3. Halo CE is well worth a play.

Yes, it's not even close.
/thread

No, but you're close

it's Demonsteele

What was wrong with 3? I liked it a bit less than 1 and a bit more than 2.

I wouldn't say its the peak, but I'd say it still is very good. The main issue I think it suffers from is the sameness of some of the weapons. You've really only got 4 gun choices (shotgun, machinegun/plasma rifle, rocket, bfg) and the enemies aren't so polarizing that you can't just sit on one gun for a long period of time.

I was talking to a friend about this recently, about how I found the shooting in Payday, Borderlands, etc dull because it only let's you have a limited number of weapons which you use for long stretches instead of designing clever encounters where you use a variety of weapons to tackle different enemies and situations.

I like Project Brutality.

This man is correct. Project Brutality > Brutal Doom.

i've played a bunch of UT multiplayer but never the singleplayer

This. Doom's got great design, but everything about it is very dull.

It is if you like scripted, slow gameplay with 2 weapon limits and no complex level design full of secrets like in good FPS games.

I just want to play with myself. :^)

I think he meant including 3. It was fun with friends, but I played through the campaign on my own as well with no sound. It was dull.

No. Brutal doom is great. You're a faggot.

in terms of replayability absolutely thanks to mods. but on its own there are numerous games that probably stand taller than it does. red faction 2, time splitters 2 and perfect dark come to mind

stay assfurious meme queen