Metal Gear

I decided to finally play MG1&2. Which version should I play? I currently have the ones that came with MGS3:Subsistence.

Those are fine.

Those versions are fine. They're relatively old games, and there aren't any version differences I can think of.

For Metal Gear fans of the opinion that "Kojima made us play the same game 4 or 5 times over", MG2 is basically the 2D original of MGS. I once encountered a fellow *channer of the opinion that MG2 is the best Metal Gear game.

On PC or consoles?

MGS2 is clearly the best MGS game, even just from a gameplay standpoint.
Anyoen thinking otherwise is a pleb.

The NES version is nearly unrecognisable for a number of reasons, last I heard, but that's impossible to find nowadays anyway.

MGS was made basically correctly assuming almost none of the target market had ever played Metal Gear 1 or 2, I'm pretty sure.

Dude, stop trying to fit in so hard. Summer should have ended for you.

The games, or at least MG2, has different character portraits in the MGS3 version compared to the original MSX version.

As far as I'm aware MGS3 is the only official to play MSX MG1 and MG2 in English. So unless you want to fuck around and see if there's a translation patch just play them on MGS3/HD version MGS3.

Back to reddit with you.

Well looks like it's time to boot my PS2… and probably spend more time rewatching MGS3 secret theater than playing MG.

I'll never play MG2 for the first time again

mg1 is not really good, mg2 improves every single aspect of the original and it's also very similar to mgs which could be seen as bonus points

There's actually an English translation of MG1 made for Europe, though it's almost as rough and poorly done as the NES MG's translation.

Stopped reading there

don't do it man, the recap in mgs1 is better than both games

Translation patch for 1 and 2. Was also a NES romhack coming along to put MG1 in line with the MSX game, but think it died.

I already know the recap I wanna play the actual games.

I also have Twin Snakes on my backlog which I can't get to run of my HDD in nintendon't without crashes.

Just play the original.

The actual games are poo poo.
I hope you got all S ranks in peace walker before touching the 2D games.

I played the original (Tenchu was the superior PSX stealth game) a lot I just wanna laugh at the remake.

I played and finished Portable Ops and Peace Walker right before MGS V launched. I was already a fultoning, S rank soldiers grinding, copypaste side ops burnout when I got MGS V.

MG1 was pretty dull but
Heresy

I'd play the original over Twin Snakes. Mostly because TS makes the game extremely easy. The level design and guard patterns haven't changed from the original but having all of the moves from MGS2 means you rarely even need to encounter any guards, which makes the game boring.

TS is more of a "wouldn't it be neat if MGS had MGS2's engine to dick around in" rather than being good. Try it after playing the original by all means.

Voice acting is better in the original as well.

Also, planting C4 in the original is more fun. If you try to detonate C4 in first person view in TS, you just start doing punches and kicks instead of being able to see C4 tear up the helipad.

Also Special Missions is good.

I'm here to call you nigger.

My nigger.

Why is she so perfect bros?