Space Thread:Cozy Wallpaper Edition

Welcome Commanders to another Space Thread take it easy and unwind.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!wUM21RKY
mediafire.com/download/a8t93dwxw9qjlmv/sr-distantworldsuniverse.iso
elitedangerous.com/en/shiptransfer-vote/
mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v02/c000.4/23.html
mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v04/c000.1/20.html
mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v04/c000.3/2.html
mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v03/c000.1/19.html
mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v03/c000.4/11.html
pastebin.com/zDqTp4hj
kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/comments
aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8455.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for Best Ship

RIP Mandate.

F
I feel bad for the mandate shill, he must hate himself now

His family should sue after he kills himself.

You have no idea how much I do user. All I wanted was to be able to board ships in real time and walk around outside the ship sometimes is that to much to ask?

I have to see this through to the end no matter how much I wish I didn't have to. The ship is sinking and everybody get off and save yourselves.

I just wanted Space Rangers with larger ships/small fleets. Playing a space aristocrat and managing squads of space bydlos was a bonus.

Does fantasy space count? Because this is probably my favorite wallpaper

Goddammit

Daily reminder that the split between sci-fi and fantasy is a 90s thing, and there was no such destinction before.

My nigga.

Side note: Are there any games that let you actually control them?

That is why "space/sci-fi fantasy" is so often a retarded kitchen sink genre these days.

please explain

DUNE
Book of the New Sun

When it comes to space games we just can't have nice things now can we?

the fantasy genre literally didnt exist

all sci-fi was on a gradient between hard sci-fi and tolkien-esque fantasy, with A LOT of shit inbetween, like if you paid attention all Ultima games have a sci-fi element to them, or just look at Shadowrun or all the Heavy Metal shit

that was the standart for ages, until SOME people literally women, I shit you not wanted to distance themselves from the loser nerds and their icky star treks and decided that fantasy is its own thing and crossovers with sci-fi are stupid and for nerds

and thus through some heavy top-down leverage fantasy because its own thing with its own awards and distinctions, completely separated from sci-fi, because sci-fi is for nerds and associating yourself with it lowers your social status

Reminder that the Vaygr did nothing wrong.

Also, I always thought it was Vagyr. Am I retarded or is this the Berenstein universe?

Star wars Republic at War, Sins of a Solar Empire: Warlords Mod, Home World Star wars

Posting in here because I've ran out of options.and it's semi relevant

Recently started playing X3: reunion and cannot see shit because of bad draw distance for whatever reason Any Xbro's know how to fix this shit?

It has always been Vaygr in my world ayy lmao

some sectors enforce visibility below the usual threshold

Is there a way to fix it? I've seen mods for TC and AP but not for reunion. It makes flying through those sectors shit.

use your fucking map nigger

why would you even play reunion in the first place

Can't see shit captain
Never played a series in order before?

also
fly into teladi space

It's like you don't appreciate watching games grow up

Well that's just great

Can never forget about Aurora.

Under-rated spacecraft.

Two best starships right here.

Why would you post generic triangles when you could have posted an Earth Force Omega Class Destroyer?

how do you even do this besides driving straight into the planet

heresy

That looks horrid to be honest.

Those are better.

It's funny how one small choice makes everybody throw bitch-fits in these games. I don't mind the coming massacre I'll be spear-heading, though.

Space Rangers 2: Reboot or Space Rangers HD?

I've played Space Rangers 2 before, and I somehow have copies of both Reboot and HD lying around which I've never played before.

Also so anons posted Star ruler mega.nz/#!wUM21RKY

and Distant worlds universe last thread in case anyone didn't see them

mediafire.com/download/a8t93dwxw9qjlmv/sr-distantworldsuniverse.iso

But Anons, that's not an Excelsior

Hey the CGI for its time was incredible, you should see what people have done with the model nowadays.

How many fixed spine-mounted anti-capital-ship beam cannons are there in sci-fi? A ship that's got a barrel running along its entire length is such a cool idea, but I feel like it's almost never used except for over-the-top stuff like Death Stars.

Nah it's the design that's an awful mishmash. Regardless of graphics.

Found the Minbari, guys

Isn't that the one with a warpdrive so unreliable that it broke down when the ship was launched?

Warp drive was fine(ish) Scotty sabotaged it so Kirk and crew could abscond with the Enterprise.
Scotty took pieces of the transwarp computer out and gave them to McCoy.

There's the world projenitor dreadnought From home world, the Eclipse and Aggressor class Destroyer from Starwars and the Nevada from Halo

That's about as many as I expected. It's such a shame, really.
Did that three-nacelle Enterprise from All Good Things have a spine-mount phaser cannon, or was that just a standard futuristic phaser array that blew a 200 meter hole straight through a Klingon warbird?

what the fuck did I miss? why is mandate dead? the only thing i know it got released as EA and odds are they will sell an expansion pack without finishing the gameā€¦ oh

Is it really necessary for beam weapons to be spinal mounted? It makes sense for a magnetically accelerated projectile but I'm not sure what the justification would be for beams except for maybe better cooling.

Anyway, the best example would be this

Keep in mind the Transwarp system continued to be disastrous after that and Starfleet gave up on it and it didn't return until over a century later and that is only in some alternate (non-canon) universes

You'll be able to do that in Elite Dangerous in a year or so.

stop right there nigger, there is nothing wrong by playing the game for its story, no matter how little there is

i missed the part where the elves built spaceships and went into the stars then

Literally everything came tumbling down in 2 or 3 updates and I have to see it through to the end.

I'll be able to do pic related in real time?

yes, you did
there's massive overlap, consider most of le guin's bibliography for example.

New ED player here~

Does anyone know if it is possible to target weapons using mouse only, as in move the reticule/crosshair independantly of ship movement?

How about solely use wasd to move the ship? Keyboard turning seems slow as shit

Depends on the kind of beam, I suppose, but I always imagined it would house an enormous array of emitters, condensers, reflectors and repeaters, to get the beam's energy density as high and tightly focused as possible before exiting the barrel.
I imagine such a weapon would also require an absurd number of huge capacitors and possibly its own power plant.

Simply glorious. I don't know why that spaceship is a 20th century naval destroyer, and I don't even care. Dat cannon.

In Science fiction, space marines and scientists defend earth against aliens and robots with ray guns, super science and doomsday weapons.
In Fantasy, knights and wizards defend king and country against orcs and dragons with magical swords, fireball spells and ancient forbidden magics.
And don't even get me started on Star Wars and its wizards of superhuman virtue wielding arcane forces against the powers of darkness, magical swords that can cut any object and deflect any bullet, the greatest of which is THE CHOSEN ONE who shall restore balance to the universe.

In Final Fantasy or Dungeons and Dragons you typically have fusions of magic and technology working side by side, and in other games like EO, you have a fantasy world that's settled over the post-apocalyptic remains of the modern world.
This mixture of science and supernatural is also a common theme in Shin Megami Tensei, just off the top of my head.

user, i not all knowing about tolkein stuff, how is it sci-fi? explain it to me if im a retard.

well at least we have star citizen, they will have boarding and stuff

so both genres have the same type of story telling? good vs evil?
but user, all that shit is explained, they have powers because they have some weird shit in their body, the more you have it, the more power you have and the lightsaber is some weird ass sword that you can build using a tube and crystals.

Ship boarding is planned, so yes. Though given the scale of ED ships it'll be more of an EVA thing, and it likely won't be in at season launch but rather a later patch within the season.

You can't, unfortunately. Gimballed and turreted weapons have a fair amount of autoaim leeway though.

You can do this though you should still use the mouse to pitch and yaw. A and D to roll, Q and E to thrust to the side, IMO Ctrl and Space to thrust down/up.

I'm a little iffy on throttle vs thrust forward/back, though, especially for FA Off maneuvers. I currently go W and S for forward/back thrust, R and F for throttle control (aka cruise control), X to kill throttle, C to put throttle at 75% (use this when 7-6 seconds away from target in Supercruise for a tight decel & drop. You can go tighter using stellar bodies to brake but the 75% always works. Planetary landing generally needs to be more gentle though), and Z to toggle Flight Assist. And MB5 for max throttle.

You can exchange WS and RF roles if you prefer to mainly fly by throttle and just use thrust for landing adjustments and such.

What happened? Feature creep finally caught up with them?

Yes

Starfleet's transwarp was a disaster. If Scotty didn't sabotage the Excelsior, then it would have exploded. You need transwarp corridors like the Borg have, to go to transwarp.

Kinda thought that was the case. As soon as they announced boarding I starting thinking about SW Empires at War and STO. Ground combat in both cases weren't particularly interesting.

Does star citizen allow targeting with mouse?

We need more space games where you can drop colonies on planets

We need more games that let you build space colonies so your people don't sit on a useless desert planet bitching about the low quality all day

I have no idea. Freelancer sorta did, so I assume Star Citizen will do something similar, but I'm just guessing here.

I also assume once multicrew is in ED the gunner will have a large angle of independent targeting even with fixed weapons.

You are missing the point, its not that there are some similarities, its rather that they are largely the same. The difference is in the way genre conventions are handled. Most fantasy will have some variation of orcs, elves and dwarves, while most science fiction will have spaceships and large scale wars being fought.
Both however are fundamentally the same in that they are about worlds different from reality, not merely similar the way most books are, but are fundamentally set apart from reality in some way. Whether its that the space marine shoots a ray gun at an alien or the wizard throws a fireball at an Orc, there are a lot of shared conventions between them.
They even share sub genres like "Hard Sci fi" and/or "Low Fantasy" with a minimum of fantastical things and more realistic settings, and the softer more camp stuff like High Fantasy or Pulp Science Fiction.
The basic idea is however still the same. A story set in a fantastical reality where not everything is as it is in the real world, allowing the writer to tell stories that could not happen in a real world setting, and is thus often used to reflect on philosophical questions and ideas, exploring utopia's, dystopia's and political or ethical dilemmas and such. In this, both fantasy and Science Fiction give writers more options than any other genre. So of course they overlap.
There's also that famous old quote that "any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic, and that any magic sufficiently well understood, would be indistinguishable from science"

We need a translated Gihren's greed

What you're saying with all of those words, user, is that they're both Fiction - fanciful tales that may or may not borrow elements of reality to tell their story.
What separates Science Fiction and Fantasy as genres is just the basic subject matter.

Sci-Fi contains mostly sciency elements.
Fantasy contains mostly supernatural elements.
If there's a heavy mix of both, like say Doctor Who which is about 50% science and 50% magic, it becomes Science-Fantasy.

But like you're saying, the names are just names. They're loose genres, not hard categories.

What didn't you understand about elves in space in response to questioning elves being in space? The guy was pointing that it's a massive continuum where authors, for a long time and even now, pull bits from what some people foolishly try to separate into two genres because one is """"""scientific"""""".

Renaming your wizards doesn't make them something else. The lightning bolts they cast are about as scientific as a tranny's penis is feminine.

0% science, 100% magic, tbqh fam.

yes, if the weapon is Gimballed

Have people begun making any worthwhile mods for space engine yet that add meaningful gameplay features?

Anyone MSGO right now? Just got into my very first set of matches. Pretty understandably I got rekt in 1-2 shots by most people but when I did gun someone down or healed some friends for a bunch of thumbs up it was a good time.

I would agree, but honestly 90% of all "science" in science fiction is made up bullshit anyway, so as long as there's an effort to give things technobabble names and bleepbloop sound effects, it's science enough.

im retarded, i just want to know why is tolkein fantasy really is scifi?

Dr Who makes fucking Star Trek look hard, though.

You'll get no argument from me.

Does his engine at least have an API yet, maybe some kind of scripting support? Because if not, that would be a hell of an undertaking.
SE is planned to be an actual game with ambitious mechanics when it's finished, and it's scheduled for release right after Star Citizen, Infinity: The Quest for Earth and Outerra Anteworld.

Frankly I think it's more likely man reaches another star before star citizen sees release.

Why are the gimballed weapon in ED basically auto-aim? Is this a design choice or do they perhaps intend to change it to free aim?

They aren't necessarily great looking design wise but at least it breaks the tradition of ships looking like an airplane in space. The popular styles right now are often forgettable and brickish.

Because that's the point of gimbals. They require far, far less precision than fixed, but deal less damage and are vulnerable to chaff. If they didn't auto-aim there'd be no reason for them to exist separate from fixed.

No, you need your mouse or joystick to steer. They will never change that for single-pilot function though they probably will for multicrew.

yes, i figured that much out when you kept asking a question that had nothing to do with the point being made.

I'm thinking the game would be better off with free aim instead of the current gimbal auto-aim..
This design choice makes me feel as if the devs are used to playing with 1 joystick only and cannot envision one for movement and one for aiming.

Wish i could refund but i cant since i bought ED straight off the dev's site because i thought it'd be nice to pay them directly and avoid the steam jews.

Well if you can keep on target with free aim gimbal you might be better off with using direct fire weapons which deal more damage anyway.

That was the joke. The other two games are also mythical-tier vaporware.

I personally doubt it, but then I'm not really a fan of Freelancer's model.

The game is built around HOTAS aka stick and throttle (specifically the Saitek X52), and KBM.

The vast bulk of the player base uses either KBM or HOTAS. A small minority use dual joysticks and even they don't seem to want free aim. So while they probably COULD add that as a control option, it likely wouldn't be appealing to enough players to justify the man hours. (If free aim WAS added I imagine it'd work best using head tracking.)

tl;dr seems like just a fundamental difference in gameplay preferences. Frontier MIGHT refund you, but it would likely go into store credit so unless you like amusement park tycoon games, probably not much good. But you could try support anyways, they are pretty nice, and if you're polite and courteous they may just give you back the money.

I recently talked to someone who does translation, the issue is that no one knows the encryption of the game or wants to be arsed to do it

speaking of, playing menace of axis V as Tem Ray's army

No, compared to other more conventional genres, like comedies, trashy romance or historical drama, Science Fiction and Fantasy share far more blatant disconnect from the real world. They don't even pretend to be set in or be about shit in the real world.
It's because of this disconnect from the real world, Science Fiction can have stories about not only racism, but also how we define what life is, ask or try to answer philosophical questions about when we should try to create life, and what kind of rules we should teach it to follow. All subjects you could not examine in the same way without the fantastical elements to set it up.
Science fiction is at its core still about fantastical elements, slapping scientific names on it doesn't change that. It still relies on handwavium technology to travel between the stars, unobtanium materials to build its giant space objects and tons of made up science to shape the world into what the writer wants to tell a story about. Science fiction as a genre cannot exist without its fantastical elements.
Like wise, fantasy can look at subjects that more reality grounded genres cannot to the same degree.
The strength of both genres are the same, the difference is the genre conventions that a story may adhere to.

No.
The main difference between Sci-Fi and Fantasy is relativity to the real world. Fantasy is fantastic, literally beyond the world. It may feature some known technologies in our world (normally from our past) but the actual state of technological progression is left incredibly vague and can be displayed in all sorts of ways. The setting places little focus on actual technological innovation and may even seem to in ways mix certain abilities that in our world would be based in completely different technological stages, seeming incredibly impractical and not really something that could naturally happen.
Things done in Fantasy that appear beyond our own capabilities even in the real world are caused by the presence of 'magic,' or something that is not present or possible in the real world. In a way fantasy works by knowing that it is not real and does not have to be real in anyway.
Science Fiction, in the general sense, draws itself from the real world. It focuses on the idea of real world technological innovation and, even if in a ridiculous sense, tries to at least paint itself as a possible technological outcome of our own progression. Science-fiction also almost always tries to utilize the same universal laws and physics of the real world (even if done incorrectly). To create an example of the difference, a dog, while in a fantasy world, can talk merely because the creator has made it clear that dogs are capable of talking in his setting. In a science fiction world, a dog can only talk if it has been genetically manipulated to do so, or is in reality some sort of alien or something.

Now some settings mix aspects of both Fantasy and Science-Fiction into one, and this is where confusion on the genres sort of become clear. Good examples would of course be Star Wars, Warhammer 40K, Doctor Who, etc. However, the conclusion of this should not become this idea that Sci-Fi and Fantasy are the same, but that they are capable of overlapping.
The Death Star in Star Wars, for example, while grand and ridiculous, is science-fiction. The setting makes it out to be a product of technology, and while we can't say how it was created specifically, we know that with the correct resources and technology, we could someday create a device similar to the Death Star in real life.
The Force in Star Wars, however, is complete based in fantasy. No matter how hard we try, we as humans will never be able to naturally project lightning from our hands.

No matter how hard we try, we as humans will never be able to travel faster than light

No, but there are ways to beat light to a destination without travelling faster than it, and the mathematical and physical models are sound. We just require obscene amounts of energy to pull it off, which could one day come within our grasp.

You never know what possibilities our technological advancements might reveal in the future.
However, what it is true is we will never be using the Force to move faster than light

Aw, man, well good luck in your campaign user.

science fiction and fantasy are both projections of fictional universes with relatable stories/experiences. The difference between the two is the methodology of which the fictional universes operate.
in fantasy, especially tolken-styled fantasy, the fictional operative force is usually a form of magic, incorporates different races of sentient beings who rely on said fictional operatives and magic is responsible for the dramatic changes from reality that you see.
in Sci-fi the fictional operator is technology. Other beings are typically either resultant from said technology (robots/cyborgs) or alien races from other planets. Technology plays a similar role in the dynamics of the world compared to magic and its relevant fantasy worlds.
Both works may include elements of religion, philosophy, popular literary tropes and motifs because ultimately both are tools to create a framework to hang your narrative.

we clear on this?

crystal clear

You said you never saw elves in spaceships in tolkien-esque fantasy
D&D is tolkien-esque and has elves in spaceships.
Not really that complicated.

go to bed, fucktard.

Tem ray's army is the last campagin I haven't beaten the game yet, also shin Gihren's Greed is meh

Isn't that the one with a lot of DLC?

yeah but I figured out how to get the DLC for free, took a bit of digging to find it and gotta use a PSP plugin, but that's piss easy to set up

shin removed the ability to upgrade units like in older games, and what I mean is like if you have a Zaku II F type that's it, in shin you cna't change it to a J type or a commander type or into one of the other zaku variants

I get what you are trying to get at, but you are overgeneralizing the entire Science Fiction genre as being just the hard sci fi. But even hard sci fi like for example Honor Harrington god how I hate her, all Webber hack characterisations and constant political preaching in the guise of an adventure. that is very hard with its science, using properly calculated numbers for how fast ships accelerate and move in orbits, the kind of scientific details most writers ignore, and also goes to extreme lengths to keep his handvaium technology internally consistent, specifically the artificial gravity tech they use for everything from firing bullets out of a gun or make a car fly, to FTL travel and shields for their warships, and the general pace of technological progress during a decade long war. He does however still base it all on what is for all intends and purposes, magic. Namely the artificial gravity tech. For all the scientific accuracy the books try to present, they might as well be wizards flying around on space dragons. This is not unusual for sci fi books, its normal in many genres, with cliches like mostly human looking aliens, that speak english, breathe the same kind of air as humans and so on.
Take the Ringworld books as another example. Lots of scientific calculations have gone into the design of the titular ringworld, the amount of mass it would require to construct roughly the equivalent of the combined mass of all the planets in the sol system how to keep it stable its not completely stable, but Niven got close and what kind of materials it would have to be made of. But once the characters get there, they find that pretty much all local cultures live at medieval levels of technology. Large parts of the books read like fantasy books, despite coming from a series of relatively hard science fiction. The Known Universe series specifically.
This the overlap isn't unusual, but rather is nearly always present to some extend or another.

To use your own analogy from "How do you know that science will not let us modify human brains until we can use telepathic powers to move at superliminal speeds? And how would this be functionally different from using "the force" to do the same?"
This is where that whole "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" bit comes in. Just because you slap some technobabble on it doesn't mean its not a handwave.
For the deathstar for example, how you can create a structure the size of a moon, that can move at superluminal speeds and fire a beam of energy so powerful as to turn an earth sized planet into a debris field, yet doesn't overheat despite only have one thermal exhaust port just over 2 meters wide. The fucking thing would melt long before they could ever power up that super laser, if not for magic.
Thus, the difference betwen Sci Fi and fantasy isn't the subject it discusses, but mostly just the window dressing. The sets, props and so on.
Most science fiction in fact make very little attempt at actually exmplaining the tech they use. Take Freespace for example. Not a single word explains why ships are slower than modern fighters, or mainly fight at ranges shorter than WWII era battleships would consider too close for even point blank range fighting. The ships might as well be replaced with flying mountains crewed by cadres of mages who combine their power to fire gigantic super beams of magic at eachother. The Vasuda might as well be orcs or elves and the Shivans might as well be demons. The only difference is the window dressings. You could do this with most sci fi games.

That seems like it would make things more difficult than necessary

Is that one of the reasons why Outbound Flight had to go? The Vong don't help either though

But that's not my point, the fact that it tries to make itself as an actual possibility of real world technological advancement is all the matters. The math may be wrong but the method and intention are still there. Fucking Starkiller base in Star Wars VII, even with how fucking retarded it is, and how it makes no sense, counts as Science Fiction. It just happens to be shitty Science-Fiction created by retards.
Fantasy doesn't follow the same path. Take for example, the Star Killer base again. The practical issues with its concept are glaring; so glaring that people immediately pounced on it, saying it didn't make sense. It was seen as being legitimately wrong, and that's because it's based in science.
If Star Wars was Fantasy, completely Fantasy, that would not have happened. Why? Because Fantasy doesn't need to follow any rules, the Star Killer base could work because of 'Magic,' or because the universe doesn't work in the same way our universe does.
The point is that Science-Fiction doesn't have to be practical or realistic, it just has to pretend to be. Whether or not the technology makes sense isn't really all that necessary, it just needs to make that connection that it is technology. Fantasy is not limited by such a need to connect, it's aspects do not need to follow, or even pretend to follow, real world laws, in fact Fantasy makes a habit of purposefully inserting what would be blatantly impossible in our world.

Because what you just said would fall under the idea of technology, and you know it. The Force is mystical, it is spiritual, it is something that cannot be explained practically. If the Force was the product of science then it would fall under Science-fiction rather than Fantasy. Look back to my example about the talking dog.

Long live the Principality of Zeon!

If Giheren wasn't such a faglord the world would have been a better place

SIEG ZEON!

The KƤmpfer is my favorite Zeek suit

what was the in show reason for nuking my homeland?

political shitposting

Implying that would be enough to hinder our shitposting capabilities

We were aiming for Brazil.
we missed and hit Sydney instead.

The spacemen missed

what kind of army is that shit.

They aren't an army anymore

Well why don't YOU try steering a giant metal tube through the atmosphere, it's fucking difficult.

Dom is best
Gelgoog is good

no they didn't miss, the EFSF shot at the colony trying to destroy it and only knocked it off course

is there a way to speed up the game time? i couldnt get into it because of all the sitting around waiting for stuff to build or be researched

Why is Japan obsessed with WW2 era ships?

Shouldn't something that big crashing into the Earth cause an extinction event?

cause they look cool

See

Are you not patient enough to sit through a 30 minute game?

homeworld a 30 min game? nigga wut

Space Colonies tend to be hollow so that lots of people can live in them.

The Zee Zulu and gera Zulu were also some of my favorite suits

Hurray for orbital kinetic impacts.

30 minute match. I can get through a mission in 30-40 minutes on average. Skirmish games can be a bit longer though.

I mean the story, always heard it was good but just sitting there staring at the bar while research and recruiting happens is fucking dull

at least with shit like age of mythology theres several things you can micro manage

Because a flying asteroid staffed exclusively by teenagers would not be as exciting (Yes that's actually what they tried to make before Matsumoto turned it into a flying battleship)

That was the only good thing to come out of that dogshit series.

Agreed. Action scenes were decent. Everything else was shiet.

hated most of the unicorn designs, geara and zee being two of the worse offenders

I'd take Zeta's and the GP-01's beam rifle design over that shit honestly

I'm glad they are continuing the series still. Usually all the shows I love are pulled behind the shed and put down after the first season.

How can you even play strategy games. Waiting 1 minute is that much of a drain? Gather resources and begin setting up a picket line for fucks sake.

The show is not that bad. The martian tech thing is a bit overdone, but the fights are still pretty cool.

Uhā€¦ I don't think they announced a season 3

Though I have to admit Unicorn was terrible, I will say the Zulu was a great design but I could just be playing favorites because of it being a STG, you guys should be proud it was one of the only things zeeks did right

Saved everyone else 24 episodes of that shit.

Those are probably tied with the Crossbone suits from F91 as my favorite mobile suits

because most have a fast forward option or have multiple things you can do at once

I like the E-CAP magazines

Anons of fine taste are here as usual

Did Banagher ever get Brightslapped? Because he desperately need it.

That sounds fucking amazing.

The one time I really wanted to see a Brightslap is when Bright's slapping days are over. He does get beat up by the faggot who's obsessed with Char Mk. II

Don't think so, I stopped watching after reading up on the plot 1 episode before it ended. Years of waiting for nothing and I'm still upset

ESQUE

so my dream of having a ship full of semen demon is not going to happen?

Goddaym Yamato was such a great fucking show.

MEESAA LIKES ME SHIP.
IT LOOK LIKE JAR-JAR! JAR-JAR PRETTY!

Indeed. Plot was redicolous, character stupid as hell. Fucking terrible.

I remember you, your the user with a noble goal.

That's because it's in inherently stupid idea.

A forward fixed weapon means you have to aim with the ship.
At distances in space, if you get your angle wrong by even 0.0001Ā°, you'll end my missing by a few kilometers.
And big, long ship have TERRIBLE agility (turning speed) because of their mass.

The joke from the USS Freudian Nightmare having a 2 hour right turn is no joke.

You're an idiot.

Details matter. And travel method is the most important detail in Sci-Fi.

With jump drives, shorter range fighting not only becomes possible, it becomes prefferable - since practically any weapon (even lasers) will be more effective/powerful at short range. Heck, some of the most powerful ones will have short range.

Sic-Fi has a scale of hardness. In order to work it has to take some liberties and assumes the existence of some technoglies that we don't have. Like anti-gravity (which isn't magic, you dingus)

Because there is no such thing as telepathy and the basic conservation of energy laws prevent this.

Also bullshit. Science and technology are ALWAYS distinguishable. If they aren't you aren't writing sci-fi, you're writing fantasy.
Science is based on laws and universal principles it has to work with - thermodynamics, conservation of mass and energy, etc..
One can get creative with technologies and theories to sorta go around those laws, but you can never break them.

Hell, even good fantasy tends to give it's magic structure

Science Fiction is all about celebrating inherently stupid ideas.
The idea of manned human space exploration is so mind-blowingly stupid that the entire genre wouldn't exist if stupidity weren't at the core of SciFi.

The rule of cool is all you need, and a big honkin' space gun is cool.

You're a disappointment. Don't talk to me or your mother ever again

You mean that Scotty stopped the Excelsior crashing with no survivors?

Is Scotty CIA and Captain Styles Bane?

Not really.
Of course, there will always be people who think the Rule of Cool is the only important rule, not realizing coolness is subjective as hell and always changing.

Sorry but they already got the design down perfect with the geara doga

It just works in mysterious unexplained ways.
Kind of like the fireball spells wizards lob at their enemies.
Why else do you think so many sci fi writers include telepathic powers and the like in otherwise hard sci fi work? The way most nanomachines work in modern sci fi is largely magic.
So when the heros are confronted with strange alien technology they have no hope of understanding that does miraculous things our modern technology can't explain, like anti gravity, its just magic at work? What about those sarcophagi in Star Gate that can bring the dead back to life? How do the shields in Star Wars function as solid matter despite being energy fields, and how are they depleted by impacts? Or the mutations in X-Men movies, where Wolverine can regrow limbs in seconds with no explanation of where the mass comes from, or Cyclops can shoot lasers from his eyes that can punch a hole in the side of a building yet is somehow contained by putting on a pair of raybans without knocking them off, and that beam has no recoil either, violating Newtons Third Law of Motion.
The difference is that you assume it must work in some logical manner if its SCIENCE. But most fantasy writers put a lot of effort into the rules and limitations of magic in their prospective universe. As much as sci fi writers put into explaining their tech frequently.

Also, there's a lot more to the Sci Fi genre than just the hard end of that scale of sci fi hardness, and even on the hard end, there will be handwaves of tech that does shit modern science can't, even if its just doing something we can already do, but just does it much better. Most of them also use handwaves for shit modern science simply can't explain, like FTL travel and communication. But simply because you say this must be explainable because its SCIENCE doesn't make it more explainable than magic, unless the work actually explains the science. The star trek stable of just slapping some scientific buzzwords on something doesn't make anything more explained by itself.

I think what's great about science fiction is taking inherently stupid ideas and making them seem practical, or at least not stupid.

Humanoid mecha, for example, are painfully stupid yet totally cool at the same time.
Human-piloted spaceships instead of totally AI controlled drones; engagements within visual range; ships that have power cores that produce almost as much energy as a sun and no visible cooling systems beyond a couple of pipes that don't instantly melt into a glob of slag.
All of these ideas are retarded, and yet cool.

Science is blue.
Fantasy is red.

You know that there's an underlying reason for any shade of blue or red to be that shade, but it doesn't matter if it's explained in excruciating detail or just handwaved, because blue is blue and red is red.

In vidya terms, scifi and fantasy are just recolors of each other. The same stories wearing different dressing, but that superficial dressing is often as important as the content of the story itself.

A story about a hero saving the world from a demon that shoots fire from his eyes? Fuck that shit. I want to read a story about a hero saving the world from an alien who shoots fire from high-tech contact lenses in his eyes. Because I'm in a blue mood today.

Ah, a space thread! Just what I needed.

I played vanilla KSP a long time ago and now I got the itch to give it another go. However, the game didn't actually make much progress when it comes to game mechanics (antennas STILL work by magic for example) and I don't feel like waiting for the devs to get their shit together. So, can someone recommend me some worthwhile mods to make the game more interesting?

KAS and KIS are really about it.
The mod scene is as messy as it's always been, and most of it is all garbage.
If you're super autistic you can go for Realism Overhaul that replaces the solar system with our real solar system with realistic sizes and distances and all of that.

Sounds good. Does the realism mod fix the signal transmission? I don't really care if it's the solar or the kerbal system, but infinite range magic antennas trigger me.

Welp Fdev have caved and they're polling for what people think of ship transfers

elitedangerous.com/en/shiptransfer-vote/

Dear god I hope instant wins, otherwise it'll be faster to just fucking fly the ship where I want myself, especially with fsd upgrades.

Fucking damn, these people are retarded.
Voted.

There needs to be some LOGH love around here.

I cried when Yang died.

Shit, I almost teared up when Kircheis bit it. I actually didn't see it coming.

really? not even when they told him to "huurr duurr surrender your weapon!"?
it was a fucking big red flag of him getting killed.

Not Kircheis, the real mind behind Reinhard genius, without whom he could never beat Yang in battle, or ever be truly great, dooming millions to die in a conflict that could have been resolved in 6 months. Filthy rebel scum detected.

Nope, not even then. I dunno, I only thought dumbasses who went against their orders got killed. Oh, and rioters.

Being allied to every faction in a station is no joke. If I can keep the boredom from overtaking me, I could make 50-100 million today alone.
I may be able to finally see what it's like to fly a Fer de Lance soon, and I may not even have to trade in my Python to do it. Hot damn.

There are mods that deal with transmissions, but I don't know if any have been updated in the past year or more. There used to be one that required unobstructed line of sight and had lightspeed delay, but I haven't seen it in modlists for at least two years.

Emotionally, the show just goes downhill from there. Reinhardt's idiocy is not kept in check and Yang has to have his knees constantly broken by the corruption of his own leaders.

Not to say it wasn't a necessary turn of events, but it shouldn't have happened so early.

I think it was to help illustrate the weaknesses of both sides as much as drama.
The royalists are left with political infighting over privileges and are at the mercy of the whims of their leader, while the democrats are crippled by indecisiveness and selfish politicians who are happy to sell out the entire country for more power or to just fuck everything up to hold on to what they have.

There are theories around how it might work. But again, for something to be good sci-fi it doesn't have to be 100% reliastic. You're not listening (reading). It has to show proper respect to science.

And it's trash

1. Anti-gravitiy isn't magic. Gravitrons are a theorethical (but unproven construct)
2. Sarcophagi are shit. But mind you, not everything needs to be explained how it works in detail. However, it should be believable in what it does.

1. X-Men are capeshit, not sci-fi.
2. Wolverine is shit
3. Cyclops is shit
4. Laser beam having recoil?

Yes. Otherwise it's not science. Period.

And that's what makes it good fantasy

I get it. It's still too painful to sit through the rest of the series. I wish the anime version had exalted Yang's genius and the other side's friendship, instead of making a flashback series afterwards. The message of the anime wouldn't have been lost, but the greatness of both sides would have been more evident, rather than their failures.

Not totally stupid, just impractical. They would have advantaged, it's just they would be cost-effective and would have plenty of disadvantages

Both can have merit.
Engagement range depends on travel technology and mobility.

This is shit

It's not a laser beam. It's a beam of kinetic force - no heat, just concentrated "move" from the "move stuff" dimension. It's basically a glowing red line-of-sight punch.
Stupid, but cool.

Except, as I have been saying for quite a while now, in most fantasy works, magic works like science. It has rules, limits and works by its own logic, every bit as consistent as science in most sci fi, which is often little more than fancy buzzwords put on energy shields of some kind that work in ways actual science would say is theoretically impossible, glowy beams, robots with human feelings, space ships that break the laws of physics in many ways and so on.
The difference is just the labels, every thing else is fluid between the genres. Robots = Golems, Flying Magical Ship = Space Ship, Lightning gun = Wand of Lightning Bolt, Bazooka = Wand of Fireball. The list goes on.
Case in point with X-men and most other superhero comics being "not sci fi" despite having dudes with ray guns and proffessors and doctors everywhere making "superscience" spaceships, alien invasions and so on.
You desperately need to realise that not all Sci Fi is on the hard end of the Scale of Sci Fi Hardness, yet it doesn't stop being sci fi just because it sits on the soft end of that scale. Shows like B5 had neat details in the ship designs, like humans only recently having gotten artificial gravity tech, and most other races don't have it, aside from the Mimbari and the Centauri. Hence, human ships have rotating sections to fake it on their big ships and the rest have their crews strapped down in their seats while onboard. B5 also gave us Star Furies, one of the only star fighters for a TV show, that actually look like they are intended for moving in a vacuum. and they have newtonian movement too, hence when you watch the dog fights, they are often flying sideways or backwards. Yet at the same time, telepathic powers given by incomprehensible alien supertech is also a central part of what goes on, with the likes of Psi Corps and psychics being used by the shadows as control units for their living ships. And ALL of the really advanced tech from the Shadows and the Vorlons who have both had millions of years to develop it before the younger races came along, is treated like it might as well be pure magic.
Much as you may want there to be a hard distinction between magic and science, there isn't one. Magic is just science you don't understand.

And despite the massive push, it has no recoil, nor punches his glasses off. Nor does it peel his eye lids off before exploding his skull with the force of a beam that can punch though concrete wallsā€¦

He's immune to it, because his body is infused with "move stuff" force. Both the action and reaction are directed at the target. His eyes fire trans-newtonian 11th dimensional hyperphysics.

Wallpapers?

But can he tell why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Man, i remember reading this once.
Got a link?

You could still try your hand with STO and fill your bridge crew with semen demons you can customize.

Can we talk about how fucking awesome the WalkĆ¼re pilots look?
I could have sworn they were called Valkyries before.

would be amazing to have a LOGH game where you can be one of those pilots, and exterminate thoseenemies for the glory of Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm

ZAKU STRONG

WalkĆ¼re == Valkyrie and they sound very similar

I was always disappointed there wasn't a Imperial equivalent of Poplan to show the other side's fighter corps.

What would the imps need a poplan for when they got Bittenfeld?
Ain't no other admiral around as awesome as this guy. This guy is so insanely cool that despite only being a midlevel admiral in a fleet full of tactical and strategic geniuses, he can not only get a fleet of his own, but one made up of custom build battleships instead of the regular ones. And they get custom paintjobs too.
Suck on that Mittermeyer!

i was expecting him to die every time he went full leeroy jenkins on everything.

not in space it's not, gelgoog is best

Here you go man all in order those zeeks almost seem human It's such a sad thing to see

1st) mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v02/c000.4/23.html

Short 4-koma) mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v04/c000.1/20.html

2nd) mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v04/c000.3/2.html

I'll take the three of them. Thanks, user

MS Igloo was a great OVA

Hort SchĆ¼rer, the man who killed Ivan. They needed to expand him a lot though. I think he was only briefly mentioned though.

Bittenfeld was a great man, who although was a bit brash at times, only wanted to see Reinhard rule without issue. He will surely be there to help Reinhard's child step up to the throne. I get a tear in my eye every time I think of it.

It wasn't the best, especially when they started saying death god every other sentence.

I'm having some trouble with Space Engineers's programmable blocks. What I want to do is get a group of lights and change their color to red (in the event of a red alert). I found some code online that claims to do exactly that, so here's what I have in the code editor right now:
public void Main() { List groups = GridTerminalSystem.BlockGroups(); IMyBlockGroup blocks = null; for(int i=0; i < groups.Count; i++) { if(groups[i].Name == "Red Alert Lights") { blocks = groups[i]; break; } } for(int i=0; i < blocks.Blocks.Count; i++) { IMyInteriorLight light = blocks.Blocks[i] as IMyInteriorLight; light.SetValue("Color", Color.Red); }}
Unfortunately it fails to compile, telling me IMyGridTerminalSystem does not contain a definition for BlockGroups. It also tells my that IMyBlockGroup does not contain a definition for "Blocks".
The wiki claims the BlockGroups at least is correct.

I have no idea what I'm doing; suggestions?

I know Space Engineers uses C#, but it also must use plenty of its own libraries. Did you forget to include the relevant libraries here? That would explain why some of those definitions are throwing up errors.

You should look into the programmable block API and do some research, user.

I will never understand the joke with Mashengo, Yang does that on several occasions without any apparent reason

Apparently there have been substantial changes a year ago to the way it handles code, and neither the wiki nor the official programming guide have been updated.

In that case, if you're not very familiar with C#, it's probably not going to do much for you.
C# is super easy to learn, so if you're feeling saucy you could probably figure your problem out from the ground up in a couple of hours of study.

maybe one day, user.

I got it working, including an additional bit that takes an argument allowing me to stand down from the alert if desired.

he a raciss

that guy is not part of his crew or something like that.

The style he is drawn in makes it look more like he's in blackface than he happens to be born a nigger. Yang is just the only one who notices how differently he's drawn from everyone else.

that was MS Igloo 2

the one first OVA series was good, the one that followed zeon

Forgot some 4-komas

mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v03/c000.1/19.html

Forget about me saying these were in order

Here is the real second one

mangafox.me/manga/kidou_senshi_gundam_san/v03/c000.4/11.html

and the one posted here is the final one

speaking of gundam manga

shilling for a /m/an named nozaku who does scanlations

pastebin.com/zDqTp4hj

It may have laws and rules (sometimes) but it's still at it's core unscientific and works by breaking physical laws, rather than playing with them.

That said, you can mix science and fantasy. But personally, I like them separate, since its' rarely done in any satisfactory way.

No, the difference isn't just labels.
No, magic isn't science I just don't understand.
And no, you can't convince me otherwise.
There's a difference at the very core, but if you can't see it I won't bother trying to convince you.

Really? I always thought is was a laser beam. Shooting "kinetic force" really makes no damn sense. Guess X-Men is even stupider than I thought.

the best thing about the missile racks is they do not use conveyors, so you don't have to shove them somewhere with a conveyor port

I meant that the game crashes to desktop on every landing attempt. I still haven't fixed it

Any of you guys heard of Everspace? Is it any good? Looks like pure space combat to me.

Why the fuck????

I thought it looked pretty cool, good visuals and has a nice atmosphere from what I've seen.

kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/comments

Okay anons is it right to be afraid right now?

Why?

Yes. Absolutely.

How much?

Endless Space 2 dropped another trailer, and a species reveal. Now its faceless clang. Large battles look nice, at least, but they aren't showing debris or anything else they talked about earlier from what I saw, which is what was going to make it more than just plug a tactic and play a movie of your ships getting blown up. Most probably won't watch them.

best part of SE is stealing cargo ships and either gutting them for parts, or repurposing them for your own personal attack fleet

of course, it's gonna go to a shit company now
The best we can hope for is that they just sit on it rather than try to make another game/shut down FSO

20$ that it will be a FPS and the Shivans are revealed to be an ancient evil that has awoken.

Oh and and it is bought by some chinese f2p company.

Who exactly bought Freespace?

It was my prediction. We don't know yet.

Can't wait for the C# release. It's looking good.

Check out screenshots here:
aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8455.0

Is there any release date set?

maybe eh, someone will buy it, who are the only faggots that make good space shooters?

lewds when?

Are those really robots? They look like people in glowing suits like Quarians or something like that

That moth is so damn cute.

If I fly this thing in a planet I think my computer will die.

The IPs aren't for individual sale, you have to buy all of them. And it's probably going for a lot.

Do they have somewhere listed to indicate interest in purchasing them?

reading the description they are being using high technology suits, I would still hold her hand and conquer the galaxy for her

This entire game is built upon leftist propaganda. Let it burn.

what is wrong of having different space species in your empire?

Unless they're slaves or corpses, what the fuck are they doing there?

Biofuel for your engines?

Now that's not a bad thought.

to be part of a harem of course.

Go back to your autistic 40K roleplaying community

I bet you filth are fine with rl racemixing, too.
Disgusting.

user, are you feeling all right?

Go home Holla Forums.

I bet you filth are fine with rl speciesmixing, too.
Disgusting.

This is Holla Forums.

Welcome to full Holla Forums.

That looks hideous.

If this is Holla Forums, then why does the header say Holla Forums?

Name literally one reason why it is morally wrong to dick an alien

Comfy space thread derailed because of edgy teenagers.

Hi newfag.

summer is not over yet i think.

here you go.

1. because it's not human
2. because sexual activity that's not specifically for the purpose of procreation dilutes the strong nuclear family unit necessary to maintain a strong culture
3. because the only good culture is a homogenous culture

So, is it true that, you guise like girls?

W - O - W

You are tempting the alien with your slutty earthling ways instead of encouraging her to remain pure for her future alien husband, of course.

You don't want to send her back to her home planet a virgin, do you?

If she's an unmarried virgin, she should be shot or burned alive anyway.

This is a muhdick thread isn't it?

But women aren't people either
Prove it
Also, a "strong" culture is not necessarily a good one, african tribes have "strong" cultures, but they are also objectively shit
Wow gay

Fuck that, they achieved faster than light space travel and will probably want to wipe us out, we need to infiltrate their population to ensure the future of humanity

Uh, how does that work, exactly?

Sex is for procreation, nothing else. It's not something to be enjoyed.
If you engage in sex recreationally, you deserve to die.

Uh, okay.

Can you please stop derailing the thread with your faggotry?

SPACE

And stop derailing this thread with your Holla Forumsfaggotry as well.

I am actually looking up to Endless Space 2. So far I just hope Sega doesn't fuck it up.

What's Sega's track record recently? I haven't paid attention to them as a company since the Sonic days.

I'm married.
All must suffer as I suffer.

what is wrong with that?

silly user, having sex to have fun and procreate is ok.

you fucked up and married the wrong guy.

I suppose if your plan is to overpower xeno dna with human dna with a dedicated and prolonged inter-breeding program like some kind of thousand year prima nocta campaignā€¦ I suppose I could see some merits in that, provided the alien culture has something that you require, and provided that their technology is advanced such that you can't simply kill them and take it.
I could agree with arguments along those lines.
I'd still rather see a campaign of fire and sword across the galaxy, though.

"Humanity Fuck Yeah" sounds a lot better than "Humanity and friends!"

SURREŅ‰NŅ‰DŅ‰Ņ‰ERŅ‰ YOUR FLESH
WE DEMAND IT

how about "Humanity Fuck Friends"?

We can kick that one around the office a bit and see if it sticks.
There may be potential there.

If we are, then it's our divine duty to ruin the universe for everyone.

Sex is for procreation not for pleasure! Besides, I'm busy trying to educate strangers online! I am reptile man! Intimacy does not register!

It's okay.I can sate your wife's needs for you.

Maybe you should stop shitposting in a space thread, user. :^)

implying you didn't completely derail it long ago.

I did, but then I realized that I was derailing the only thread I actually like, and in a rare bout of remorse, changed my ways.
You can read about it on my blog.

Fuck off parasite.

Elite dangerous worth it for 24 dollars? I need my space ship fix on pc

It's great for the spacefeel, some really good graphics and sound direction, and if you like long haul trucking it'll be a great time.
It has very little content, though, and development is really slow. Don't expect significant gameplay for a few more years yet.
Also expect to pay $20-30 every time they decide they've patched the game enough to justify a new "expansion".

It's probably the most immersive space experience currently available, for what it's worth.

only if you love space trucking

It surprised me, too.

Noice

Space is beautiful until you die in it.

Wellā€¦ they published Total War: Warhammer. It is anyone's guess if the mess of DLC was their doing or the dev's own decision.

Amplitude promised they would remain autonomousā€¦ but of course they would say that.

I heard about that. I had to talk two of my friends out of buying that mess.
That doesn't bode well, but maybe something good will happen.

The irony is that with the way we are now (globally speaking) the Xenos would be fucking us and our women would be eager to spread their legs for them for the cause of multiculturalism just like Europe and their "migrants." And if we use artificial wombs so that we wouldn't need treacherous and disloyal women that would probably worsen the degenerates. Either way, we're fucked if we find aliens in this present mindset

What's that in pic 3?

The Great Space Shlong, slapping the faces of aliens since humanity went up into space.

It looks like evidence of running water on mars, unless I'm totally misremembering. You can see the slurries running down the slopes of dunes there.

>ywn hold hands with a qt alien princess

Tis be right

America is the least white country in the west y'know, by a long shot.

Combat will suck.

Can you stop?

Yes but we don't have Mudslimes raping everyone in sight. And we have guns and respect the right to self defense, we just have to get everyone else here to remember that.

Anyway, back to space!

What happened to my thread

its kind of comfy

Pic related

What happens to all threads nowadays.

I keep coming back to see if anyone is talking about anything spacey and someone is making a hamfisted Americanism constantly.

Look, he's doing it again! He couldn't even avoid firing some parting shots the cheeky swine.

If America ruled space you would be allowed to have planet smashing tungsten poles on a nuclear powered ship but you'd get your ass fingered at every warp gate to check for space drugs.

no you wouldnt, in murika you cant own nukes in your own home, right?

It will get old fast.

Still no game copies Birth of the Federation's combat system

All you have to do is post space and stop being butthurt that people don't like your Multicultural Eurotopia and it will all go away, until the next thread I guess

Lore says yes, they worship the virtual endless and would probably be uploaded minds in suits because of this. They also have the same kind of vampiric thing going on as the broken lords, who are also consciousnesses in suits.

The Cravers have picked up the slavery ability from the Necrophage in Endless Legend. It's probably going to be the same mechanic as assimilating villages in EL, unclench your anus.

of the games I have played, the one with the best gameplay battles is Sword of the stars

Well this thread is crashing with no survivors. Who wants to be found in the wreckage?

When the thread reaches page 12 user

me

Forgot to say me

No there can be only one of us expected in the wreckage brother!

You must show which one of you is boss of the flight plan to see who gets to light the fire!

on second though i prefer to be wrapped around with your arms as you lift me from a crashing plane.

Best ship coming through okay, the super heavy destroyer variant is best but you can't buy that one, only capture.

You can own plutonium in ore form, you just can't legally mine it or purchase it. You also can't legally store it or carry it on your person without various licenses and hazard protocols, nor can you transport it without special containers and specially marked vehicles.

So basically, if your back yard isn't littered with loose plutonium rocks, good fucking luck.

Due to America. Americans are the most obsessive about pointing out the flaws of other people's countries.
It's autofilled.
You are living in the most multicultural country on the planet that is the biggest ally of Saudi Arabia and Israel and home to the online social justice movement, your military adventures have spawned everything you hate and your salt knows no bounds. Also, Star Wars is shit.

You just crossed a line, motherfucker.

You were posting bait since your first post

a little bit of shitposting isnt that bad.

Posting Star Wars in a space thread is so basic there is no comparison worth making.

Blame f4df4d, his shitposting had a magnetic quality.

Recently I've noticed the perfect method to derail a thread:
1) Make a political allegory to real life
2) Call the opposition pol/leftypol
3) That's it.
4) No, really, you're done.

No one said you had to follow faggot. You could have opposed us with the military might you don't have at any time and stand up to your principles.

Yet we aren't suffering from mass rape and mass murder on a bimonthly-then every other day basis since our niggers and spics are content with killing each other and aren't a problem for the rest of us thanks to our right to self defense and an uncomfortably militarized police force

No one told you that you needed to take mudslimes in. It's not my fault you decided to inhale more migrants everytime they blow something up in Eurotopia then inhale some more the next time they kill a shit load of people

I bet you think water's shit too.

The Gladiator Star Destroyer needs more attention

Well to be fair if he's from India chances are the water is quite literally shit.

since we are already falling down, do you faggots have any space lewds? vanilla stuff would be nice.

Damn right. Venatorfags are pleb tier taste.

Really nigga?

Here's the OC from a few threads back

here is the closest thing I have.

All of this is lies! Lies! You're telling me lies, sweet little lies!

It's shit if you're recommending it in a drinks thread.

Well, it's hardly an unfair statement to make.

I don't even have any space to post though. This is probably my most spessy.

Terrible game, but some of the ships designs were purty nice.

Those new Elite CGs worth doing? im not very big on combat.

I finally managed to balls up enough to enter a combat zone and see this cool-ass shit.

You can send it packing if you kill all its heatsink things, fucking radical.

I've actually never been in combat with cap ship, although I did know about the HS weakness.

What's your build?

I was a basic multipurpose Python but when the new CGs dropped I got pumped to kill filthy Feds for the glory of the Empire and dumped all my cargo and exploring shit for combat stuff.
Mostly A-rated where possible, optional shield cell banks and hull reinforcements. I'm running a large beam laser, 2 large fragment cannons and 2 med multicannons. All gimballed because I suck dicks at fixed aiming.

But user, that's not what space looks like unless you use image processing to give false color to all kinds of wavelengths the human eye can't register, then over expose your film. To a human eye it will also be nothing but a black void with a few stars on it.

Its a pretty good game. Probably the best the series has been since M2TW, a shame about all the DLC whoring.

Is it normal to ships to howl like Reapers in that game?

I weep that so few saw the greatness of that game.

if you decide to buy it get a voice activated macro program like VoiceMacro (free) or VoiceAttack (10$) and set it up to handle subsystem power management, docking requests, extension and retraction of the landing gear and things like that

I'll even throw in my docking request macro for VoiceMacro but you might have to adjust the colour of the pixel it's checking to see if you have the right thing selected, it's adjusted for a interface brightness level of max -2

SpeakText "Requesting docking permission; Docking request sent; Sending docking request"Key: 1Pause (0.200 sec)Loop Start (15x)WaitForPixel x752,y285, Color: R=255 G=200 B=15, TimeOut: 0.15, Tolerance: 90, ExitLoopKey: EPause (0.050 sec)Loop EndLoop Start (100x)WaitForPixel x282,y416, Color: R=255 G=200 B=15, TimeOut: 0.15, Tolerance: 90, ExitLoopKey: SPause (0.050 sec)Loop EndKey: SpacePause (0.050 sec)Loop Start (15x)WaitForPixel x687,y573, Color: R=255 G=200 B=15, TimeOut: 0.15, Tolerance: 90, ExitLoopKey: SPause (0.050 sec)Loop EndKey: SpacePause (0.050 sec)Loop Start (15x)WaitForPixel x288,y307, Color: R=255 G=200 B=15, TimeOut: 0.15, Tolerance: 90, ExitLoopKey: QPause (0.050 sec)Loop EndKey: 1OnTimeOutSpeakText "could not find panel"

New Thread

Is it worth playing just to get through the Imperial Agent story?