CoD Thread

So, what do you think of the two?
Did Infinite Warfare really deserve the hate it received from the first trailer?

No BF vs CoD
No "CoD is shit" without legitmate critique.
Please keep it civil.

You that desperate for a dubs thread OP?

Just fuck my shit up, fam.

Let me keep this quick. IW has a lot of good ideas mixed with bad and redundant ideas from other games that ruin the entire game in the process. MW Remaster is just MW plus Ghosts. Play CoD 1,2 and 4 on PC and BLOPS on a console if you have friends for zombies. That is all. Now go to school kiddo.

No, because it's just business as usual for Activision and kids just jump on the bandwagon. And BF1 is equally shitty, can't wait till all normalfags and kids realize it's not nearly as good as they hyped it up to be and start bitching on reddit.

You lost?
What is there to talk about?
I've played the first ones when I was younger and had fun, but mechanically they are kinda barebones. It really is a case of you played one, you played em all.

cod is shit

No I don't believe so. people were saying cod is always the same so they made something different.I think it's like sonic hating. most people do it because others are doing it too.I actually enjoy playing COD BO3 offline vs bots no I didn't buy the game who do you think I am

Thats the thing though, its funny how people act like they're better for playing one game or the other when its really just apples and oranges.

How about you fuck off to cuckchan and reddit if you want a hugbox, faggot.

That's not what i said, though.

We have as problem with casuals on this board and you're only making it worse. Even 4chan's Holla Forums is now more accepting of new video game discussion that isn't AAA than here

Okay. So your problem is that i want to talk about a new game, because it's triple A?

Yes, because these types of threads have tons of clones anyway. Dude you can go to any fucking site to discuss COD, so why pick here?

Its a video game. A polarizing one but a game.

i've been playing black ops zombies solo and having a comfy time

For everything that looks good, there's something that looks equally bad. It almost looks like an old school arena shooter at times, then they'll do something that tries to keep it "current".

Still, there is no BF vs CoD. They both look bad, one is just overhyped.

Bought Black Ops 2 for seven fiddy. It's surprisingly fucking fun.

Battlefield is better than CoD and CoD is shit you stupid fucking nigger, I hope your children die of faggot cancer.

Well, morons bashed it for the science fiction theme. Like that's somehow a bad thing! I got hooked because of the science fiction theme. But what truly matters is the gameplay… and CoD and BF follow essentially the same gameplay formula, so this competing fandoms bullshit is even more idiotic.

People on here actually give a shit about CoD? At this point, it's just a tool to see how fucked each year this hobby is nowadays.

Hate did make me laugh though when it's just BO3 reskinned.

CoD4 Star Wars mod looked fun.

Well of course not, if they showed gameplay then everyone threw a fucking fit then it would be justified, I expect it to be garbage like every game since 4/5. I don't want it to be awful, I never want a game to be awful because we could always use more good games but given CoD's track record its most likely going to be shit.

Cod is the best mixture of arena and "military" in existence. Crazy fast with skill ceiling as high as Quake (minus playing the pickup timers / movement techniques). Saying it's lower than that is delusional. The single player campaigns are almost always garbage, and I'm sure that'll be the same with this year's game.

You need to go back.

Nope, that would be this.

Played it. Too slow, way, way too slow compared to CoD. Fun, but slow.

I'm actually liking the full-blown sci-fi route they're taking, could do with one that isn't Halo. Of course, the CoD kiddies all threw a fit because things changed, and want it back in World War II again.

The gameplay has gone virtually unchanged throughout the CoD franchise, and none of those faggots play the campaign, so it's literally just people bitching about weapon & player skins and killstreaks.

It's also shitty as an "arena" since it's just CSesque attack-defend on a bigger scale, whereas CoD maps have spawns enabled everywhere.

It's lightning fast compared to Arma or Project Reality. COD is entirely arena has nothing to do with "military" other than having players dressed up in military uniforms and using military guns. Hence it being the best mix.

What is firefight.

That's what military is, as opposed to flak cannons and shock rifles.

No. I recall a live poll being done on a Gamespot livestream that gauged how interested viewers were in what was currently being shown on stream. The 'interest bar' was at something along the lines of 90% interested when one of the space levels from Infinite Warfare was being shown, but when the CoD logo came up at the end of the level, it plummeted.

It's mostly bandwagoning. It's disheartening when you realise that the majority of people who deride CoD for being the same thing every year are hyping up BF1 to no end when, if the beta is anything to go by, it is literally just Battlefield 3/4/the Battlefront reboot again with a half-assed WW1 skin lazily thrown on top.

CoD hasn't been a great series since United Offensive, but when they change things up a bit, even if just aesthetically, most people call the series a joke. When they keep it the same, they rag on it for exactly that reason. I just wish people would make their fucking minds up.

The first COD game that I have ever bought was Advanced Warfare because it was the only one at the time that did something different to get me interested. Since then I've played a lot of other COD games extensively and my favorite one is World at War. The movement exo system wasn't too big of a change but it gave the game a little higher of a skill ceiling.and made the mechanics just a little more in depth. But the typical COD fans complained about it because it actually took more effort than letting their controller auto aim do the work to be good at the game. It would of loved Advanced Warfare if it weren't for the awful pc port and p2p connection multiplayer.

I thought you were talking about COD being militarily influenced, as in portraying modern military conflicts as they actually happen, not that it's the best "military themed arena shooter". Now I don't even know what you're trying to say, COD is the best at what you say by default because it's the only "military themed arena shooter".

You can't have both.

I wish they would go back to the old formula (not MW): just the skill, a bunch of guns, loadouts, no perks or kill/scorestreaks.

This.
CoD Ghosts was awful so I wasn't really interested in Infinity Ward's new game until I saw the trailer and the sequence shown at E3.

It's the first "futuristic" CoD that really embrace the future setting.

People are only going to buy this game for the remaster.

Honestly killing bitches in space seems pretty badass.

The hate the trailer gets is one part EA marketing and 3 parts of what cod so popular in the first place.

Call of duty became popular because it was a good game, but then it was the game everyone played. Now it's popular to hate it, so normalfags are going to hate on it, but still buy it day one, and get the season pass.

OP please do something right with your life for once and end it

check my dubs

What brought you here? The reddit crossposters from /r/KiA? That Time article? 4chan talking about us again? Fucking NeoGAF?
School starts for most kids this month, why are you not fucking gone?
GET THE FUCK OUT, YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE.

Let me stop you right there.

As much as cawwaduty helped shit up games it is by no means the big contender.

And seriously I could go on.

The real reason gaming has gone to shit is because the publishers are working really hard to lower expectations, and hire only fresh out of college libtards for cheap.
Instead of people who love games making games.

Goddamn. you're that fucking Blops 3 shill
Get the fuck out

As much as I hate CoD I have to agree, it did fuck things up badly, but singlehandedly is giving it a bit too much credit.

I don't care about cod, but carry on, OP.

Go back to sucking Mark's circumcised cock, licking the smegma from every crevice.
You're the reason Holla Forums is cancer now.