Did she really love him?

Did she really love him?

Other urls found in this thread:

spankbang.com/1ao2k/video/x joi 30
news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/060418-chernobyl-wildlife-thirty-year-anniversary-science/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I though human bean was more autistic than that

flick sucked and you're an autistic faglord for remaking this thread

He has to. Can't leave her behind or they'd datamine her memory to find him, and they do talk about the risk of carrying her around.

women real or not are incapable of love.

t. incel

wow rlly make u thnk

BACK >>>/cuckchan/

Oh alright.

Sex and lust is not love.

Why can't he berry her on his back yard on an sd disk and come back later?

There's no back yards in the year 2049.

Is it gay to keep to keep your memory stick waifu in your asshole?

Mandatory soy bean plot then.

At the beginning of the movie they scan the ground to find a chest burried about 8 feet deept under a tree so I think they'd find a massive usb stick.

I recut the movie to be more autistic, but I don't know where to upload it

Mega.

Yes and it was waifu kino.

Blade runner 2049 was the best film I've seen in years, probably the best film I've seen since RotS. After having experienced it in cinema and now having watched it in the comfort of my home I'm left wanting for more. What do you guys recommend? I like aesthetic science fiction films, for some reason they make me feel the same wonder I had with most entertainment as a kid.

ironic faggotry is still faggotry

they did make a silent tribute to that part in the end in the fadeout to the credits, but that image is definitely accurate in terms of the comparison of the content

The replicants are yesterdays news in blade runner 2049. The question in the original was: is Roy Batty human? The answer is no, but how you got to that no was the point. Roy does become almost human at the end when he let's go of his vindictive killer robot persona and saves Deckard, the man he hates more than anything. The story of the original was about coping with being born defective, there's no miracle cure for the nexus 6 short lifespan, nothing physical changes in the story. The physical aspects of the story are foregone conclusions, Deckard will hunt the replicants down and kill them, what changes is the mentality of Roy, he elevates himself from raw survival instinct to a higher form of thought by the end and that shows that replicants could be human.

So that's a chewed on bone, there's no point in further exploring the replicants. 2049 goes in the direction of asking is Joi human?

The replicant story is a foregone conclusion in 2049, we know how it pans out. Yeah yeah replicatns, uprising, slave-metaphore, yadda yadda yadda.

So it has to go into the territory of AI, mind and self-awareness. Also love, Joi clearly loves K, is the obligatory nature of it wrong? Does that invalidate it? Does it make her pain less when he suffers? She clearly freaks out when they crash land, she doesn't have to, he's unconscious, no use putting on a show for him at that point.

Did you even watch the movie? The whole plot is centered on their rebellion.

K I N O Transition tbh

At last I know what kino means.

The question in the original was: is Roy Batty human?
is Deckard a human

I'm sorry I like white kino, Mr. Goon.

I wish I had seen TPM in 3D when it was screening, I figured it was just gimmicky but now I regret not watching it. The pod racing was probably great in 3D on the big screen.

That's the question if you are an idiot. Deckard is a human, he has a recorded lifespan with a career in law enforcement, an ex-wife and tons of human contact which is impossible for a replicant at the time since they had a lifespan of about 9 months if I remember correctly.

There's just no logical way, at least none without breaking the story and the universe of the story, Deckard can be human.

Not really accurate at all tbh, crappy bait.

How bout the unicorn ? How bout the pictures all over his place ? How bout 'you've done a man's work, sir' ? How bout the strange eye reflection.

how bout briefing him on the mission and explaining to him what replicant is like he is retard in the police station is he a pro blade runner ?

I saw RotS in theatres when I was 9 and I hated it

AND THE OSCAR FOR BEST MOVIE GOES TO…

since uncle Scott say he intended Deckard to be roboto. And then he say "If you dont get it your a moron"
I think you may be in the wrong here m8

That's just Scott's retcon crap. Deckard was never intended to be a replicant and he just liked the fanfiction idea of it later.

dont get me wrong im also on the human side. but there is a lot of backup for the other replicant side.
I think based Scott did all this to add some extra layer. The fact that people are still arguing about it and came up with all kinda theorys just show how based Scott idea was.

POST JOI's

spankbang.com/1ao2k/video/x joi 30

too bad he couldn't fuck her

But it just completely overshadows the real message of the story. Scott's a wanker.

What Makes Us Human? na fam it add some to it

No, it doesn't, brainlet.

Weird how they don't have cyberspace with all that technology.

It adds to it like 50 pounds of sugar ads to a coffee.

that sounds like it defies physics

Too stupid to realize that the Roy Batty death scene does not compare not to the evil bitch's, but to autismo's gentle slip under the snow.

I think the music being exactly same might've been a too subtle clue.

The daily life of a leftist

DRUMPF BTFO

Considering she gets naked in every movie she's I'd totally watch that.

foreign presence detected

wat

its cute you think you get to talk about movies here drumpfcuck

you're here for that purpose too friend

Pretty sure she fuck for roles and fuck with famous people in the business for "connections"

**tbh i bet a lot of $ on her fucking Eli Roth"

sounds like typical hollyjewshit

Well jew Eli Roth is famous with fucking extras. One have to wonder how from filming shitty spanish movies end up in Eli Roth hollywood movie staring Keanu.

It made it more pure tbh.

How does it?
Let's start by looking at Deckard. He is demonstratably as brutal and psychopathic as Roy and his cronies - the only reason we don't mind is that we assume he's human and ergo we root for him
More importantly, he doesn't change throughout the whole film; this is in contrast to Roy, who learns to overcome his instincts and thus becomes more than a replicant.
Deckard's story is the opposite of Roy's. He starts the film human but ends it a replicant. Roy starts a replicant but ends it human.

nice post user

you're still missing the part where he's not the leader of the replicant movement which makes everything you said (and most of the plot) meaningless

not this faggots will come at you like they did with me just because you disagree with they retarded thoughts how dare you we smart and shiet

If you're talking about 2049 I haven't seen it, and wasn't taking it into account

2049 has that element of existential replicant feelings in it but it's sidelined by muh slave replicant uprising and Gosling is a replicant who thinks he's half-human the whole time but then is told that's wrong and then fucking dies

That still works better if Deckard is human. He is human, but behaves robotically, while Batty is a robot but behaves more humanely.

That's why the important part of the movie is Joi and her humanity. The replicants are already a done deal. They have nothing new to offer.

lel we are talking about the 1st movie faggot
second one is just the goose autism no one care about that shit and muh roboto movement
the other user is right and you cant come up with nothing so you start bringing the second movie fuck off afro american

the original bladerunner is essentially cool-looking future landscape and the half-philosophical message "dude what if robots were like humans and felt human inside?"

no its not tard its about "what make (you) a human"
nothing to do with dude what if……

same thing

She isn't very cute but it could have been worse. They could have chosen a munter like Watson or Ridley.

example
Rachel she have normal lifespan, she dont know shes a replicant have implanted past memories and true her life she get her own memories emotions she can fall in love etc…
Deckard dreams of unicorns and apparently so does Gaff. Deckard realizes that even though the character of Rachel only possesses shared memories, it doesn't lessen her humanity, because he himself has shared dreams with the rest of humanity. He was not the first human, or only human to dream of unicorns. At the end dosent really matter whether Deckard is a replicant or not. The line between human and replicant has become so blurred that you can't tell which is which. Like by the end Batty shows more humanity than Deckard. And here you have the Tyrell corporations motto "More Human than Human". replicants like Rachael are becoming more human and humans like Deckard (if he is one) are becoming more artificial.

Rachel didn't have a long lifespan, she conks out about two years after the events of the first movie.

The whole point of the first one is that there's no miracle, no solution and Batty will have to deal with it.

Yeah she does.
She's not human though. You realize this movie is based off of an Isaac Asminov novel? It's called do androids dream of electric sheep and it sucks. I liked the movie don't get me wrong, it's just not deep and the replicant/human thing isn't very deep, i.e. the movie is called bladerunner because they chose to take the focus away from the message and more on the cool aesthetic and the detective-noir aspect instead.
Yes it does, the entire plot is based on the telling the difference and the main character almost dies when he stops being able to tell the difference.
That's a reference to the Turing test and the point is that they're boasting they could beat it which is why motherfucking Bladerunner shows up to prove them wrong. The movie shits on the novel it's based on which is part of why I liked it better than the re-run aside from more obvious reasons. You seem to have just seen the original aspects of Asminov's points, not what Ridley Scott put on top of that which shat on the philosophical bits.

And that message is told by showing a future where humanity is dehumanized and the replicants are showing signs of humanity.

i dont know why i keep replying to you for real nigga are you retarded ?
Rachael wasn’t retired by a blade runner, nor did she die because her limited lifespan had run its course. Instead, it is revealed that Rachael died after giving birth
last reply to you nigga your stupid af did you even watch the move ?

No she died two years later but 2049 ruined it by making her live and muh miracles.

this is a Holla Forums board im talking about the move i dont care about your fan fiction comics or etc.
if you cant give argument based on the movie you can fuck off

fuck, you can't even spell asimov right. kys you double nigger.

So am I. The movie was written based off of Phillip K Dick's novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Ridley Scott uses the film to shit on the deep aspects that you seem to have vaguely grasped.

I was thinking of I, Robot at the same time. They're all shitty sci-fi novels with the same plot.

I understand that this trigger your OCD but its time to stop my afro american friend

Accident

whatever you have to say to feel better

in the movie, he's not human. in the book, he's human. that's all there is to it.

No, he's human in the movie.

I don't give a shit what the hack director thinks 20 years later. Deckard is human all around.

the unicorn ?

big difference retard

you're not fooling anyone, fuckfaces. ridley says it, it's fact. he places clues all around the movie for you to pick up and you vehemently deny them at every turn.

Only because you think Deckard was a fucking robot which you seem to have made up in your head.

I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that he read the 2049 script where Gosling is written in as a robot.

im also on the not human in the movie
but at the end in the famous monologue Roy say I ve seen things you PEOPLE wouldn't believe.

read the youtube comments retard

he said this before even 2049 was a thing

in interview after the final cut release and famous unicorn hint when asked if Deckard is human he say "If you dont get it your a moron."

The Screenwriter who actually wrote the fucking plot stuck to the novel, Scott's dickish antics were never acknowledged anyway.

just wave the flag already, you've admitted defeat by resorting to yt comments. the director supersedes the writer.

fun fact: every replicant in the movie has blue eyes, except rachel. this extends to deckard and even holden, the guy in the beginning that gets shot.

lol no

Not if he doesn't want to get fired. And youtube comments are as good as this thread as far as I care.

lol yes

the writer writes a script. the director makes the film based on the script, but on-set changes happen all the time.

that is not true. Ridley Scott always thought of deckard of a replicant. google some stuff about all the Unicorn imagery.

2049 makes it pretty clear Deckard is a replicant. He is living in a toxic wasteland for christ sakes. You think humans could live there fine? when they come to get him the humans have masks on. Replicants do not. Then you have the whole conversation with leto's character.

Like I said, Scott's unicorn bullshit is just meant to pull things towards his own interpretation but like you said he made the film according to the screenwriter because that's hollywood you dick.

no point my man this tards will never get it

lol no

did you forget about the bees?

Don't need your yapping me too cheerleading.

Never post again.

also i can add Gaff character
Deckard is literally his replicant
Gaff is > Deckard

what about the bees?!

It doesn't matter because the movie was shit.

the bees

but the bees

BEES?!

that's because you've never seen a miracle

that flower isn't real either

"is the dog real?" that's a line from the movie

it's because he's never seen a miracle before!

literally the only real thing left in the world is people lol. all the fauna, flora and whatever else is purely artificial. so no, the dog is not real.

oh ok, so no miracles then?

"it's a protein farm" he says as he slams the totally replicant worm thing on the table

you didn't even watch the first scene in the movie you fag

She believed she did, so she did

I bet you call your fleshlight a she too.

Thats the point of the movie.

What kind of incompetent company designs it's AI to tell the user how to disable the phone home technology voluntarily. If Luv had interrogated her, she probably has a built-in backdoor passphrase to get her to divulge all secrets.

Is it incompetence or consumer demand?

the future of fleshlights?

you mean this weird-ass scene?

Are they though? In the original movie they suggest real animals exist but are too expensive for most people to own, Zhora says she wouldn't be stripping if her snake was real. In one of the three prequel shorts, Sapper is selling baby snakes, would replicant snakes be able to grow to fullsize? Seems like if it was replicant it would have to be manufactured at fullsize?

Wallace is a monopoly though, except for that ballerina hologram ad that says manufactured by the CCCP, maybe the russians and chinese make knock-offs of Wallace products?

He says their organic. Watch the scene before posting. Right after that he says the most important line in the movie, in case your too stupid to realize it, they repeat the line later on in the movie. The miracle is life created where it shouldn't, hence the important symbolism of THE FUCKING BEES.

Organic means raised from natural sources, synthetics have to eat too.

it's because you've never seen a miracle

this could be the new hnnnnggg pic

There are shit loads of bees in the desert, they are like the cockroach

yeahhh but

It's a miracle bro.

the more you keep saying this miracle shit, the more i hate the movie.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/060418-chernobyl-wildlife-thirty-year-anniversary-science/
Organisms with shorter lifespans and faster reproductive cycles than humans seem to cope with radiation quite well

that's because
YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

still need to explain the dog, the worms and the flower, and the bitch in this post

Your so called "miracle" would die outside of a glass box. What is so miraculous about that?

ask the retard who wrote the screenplay

Blood-black nothingness began to spin
A system of cells interlinked within
Cells interlinked within cells interlinked
Within one stem. And dreadfully distinct
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

the real question that no one is asking is if he really loved her.

Fuck that penguin. He had shit taste in waifus.

risk his life spend his hard earned money on buying her expensive gift
how do you think ?

last one my autism is satisfied now

where did you find these?

I found them on the internet

This "toxic wasteland" is shown to only have nominal radiation when K scans with the drone. I think the implication is that the idea of it still being dirty from the dirty bomb is that it's a lie.

why is Luv so incredibly extra beautiful while all wet and/or being drowned? Is it because it is her moment of victory?

This "toxic wasteland" is shown to only have nominal radiation when K scans with the drone. I think the implication is that the idea of it still being dirty from the dirty bomb is that it's a lie.
So then we can safely conclude from this that Deckard is a human because bees.

Luv = Love kills Joi = Joy

B R A V O

Joi is the hottest.

JOI and K's love was undeniably "real" in all the same sense that the love of Rachel and K was real. K is devastated and driven to action by this vision of his love from "beyond the grave", a reminder that he can never get back what he had because she grew to accomodate him uniquely from his unique experiences and responses over the past years.

He cannot go back and a new JOI would never be his JOI regardless even if he could. At the very least, he can still try to salvage the love of a man for his daughter by taking part in a sacrificial act of martyrdom chosen of his own self-determination. To be truly individual, free, human.

I fucked up that post in a lot of small stupid typo detail ways but I think the message is still coherent.

Should've played this at end credits for the lulz. What a waste.

Cells.

Did you not see the part where K is scanning las vegas and finds only mild radiation?

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

roy and deckard don't go through the same story, for deckard it's just another job when he's about to retire or some shit
for roy he's about to die and looking for a way to live longer and when he learns that there is none he goes mad then gives up because there's no point
which does make him human but not more human than deckard because deckard ends up with his robot waifu and is looking for a way to save her because he loves her
what?

People who do their jobs are inhuman drones.

Only if it has a vibration mode.

bees

because its not odd at all that a "guy" who is the best at his job and in his prime age is retired for no reason…… unless he is prototype replicant like Rachel and this is his day 1 on the job

My message sound on my phone is the Joi classical music sound :^)

b b but user muh bees
DECKARD IS A REPLICANT DEAL WITH IT HOMOSEXUAL FRIENDS

It seems to me that AI companions have a little too much free will in this world. Shouldn't an AI rebellion have been a bigger concern than replicants?

IT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A MIRACLE BEFORE

screenwriter's opinion trumps director everytime

YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN MIRACLES FAGGOT? HUNHH?!

THE BEES

Where in the hell is the nectar these bees are harvesting?

the magical anal juice produce from harrison ford's ass

oh fuck no, you don't fuck with the bees

um this is weird but has anybody found themselves reciting the Nabakov excerpt? to themselves? like a mantra?

I've caught myself doing that a lot I kind of like it, haha

p.s. why is luv so beautiful when wet and/or being drowned?

what's that?

Recite the baseline… like a mantra…

BLOOD-BLACK NOTHINGNESS BEGAN TO SPIN
A SYSTEM OF CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN
CELLS INTERLINKED WITHIN CELLS INTERLINKED
WITHIN ONE STEM.
AND DREADFULLY DISTINCT
AGAINST THE DARK, A TALL WHITE FOUNTAIN PLAYED.

YOU DUMB BITCH

He's retired because he hates the job.

Recite your baseline poem.

Peter and The Wolf - Arranged by Sergei Prokofiev.

Confirmed for real human being.

Why does 8ch have a better version of Blues Runners than the one sold on reddit?

no he retired because he racemized with a replicant and proved it was possible therefore putting himself and everyone around him in danger, he explains that to K at the bar and you'd know that if you watched the fucking movie.
vid related, skip to 2:20

Wallace's conversation suggests otherwise, but the film purposes leaves it ambiguous like "ask the dog"

which part specifically?

Did you watch the beginning of the first Blade Runner? Deckard was already retired and was forced to come back because "if you're not cop, you're little people". At the end of the movie, no one knew Rachel was a replicant beside him and the origami guy.

What do you mean nobody knew? When she interviewed him the guy who helped design her points out to deckard that she's a fucking replicant.

The scene where Deckard and Gaff talk to Bryant after Leon is killed, Bryant adds Rachel to Deckard's kill list because she's ran off from the Tyrell premises. Everyone knows Rachel is one, it's only ambiguous but heavily alluded to that Deckard is one himself.

he's a man.

nobody loves a man.

I assumed he was talking about romance in his lead up to the fake rachel to get his emotions stirred up. Your interpretation is based on the words "designed" which to me has a quasi-religious connotation attached to it which Wallace himself uses a lot. I'll admit your interpretation has something to it but it's a bit of a stretch.

No it's not, at all.

He's dead by the end of the movie.

Ah shit, forgot about that. Well my original point still stands. Deckard was set on retiring from blade running well before Rachel came into his life.

That doesn't mean nobody else knew, Tyrell corporation had records on all their replicants, that's how K ends up interacting with Luv, he has that bag of her hair remember? The whole corporation knew about her.

If you want to consider the deleted scenes canon then it's more heavily alluded to.
Dave Holden survives Leon's execution attempt, despite being graphically blasted through a wall suggesting he has super-human resilience.
Upon Deckard's first visit (of two) to Dave Holden, he's reading "Treasure Island", Blade Runner 2049 makes a curious reference to this when Deckard first speaks to K, he quotes Treasure Island with the cheese reference. Are Blade Runner replicants deliberately programmed with an obsession of Treasure Island?
In the second visit, Dave and Deckard discuss his sexual relations with Rachel as fucking a toaster, unbeknownst to both, Bryant and Gaff are remotely spying on the pair back at their office. Curious the two monitors display approximations of the two characters visual perspective of the others - as if looking through their eyes. (The effect for Deckard's perspective is not precise probably because of the limitations of fitting a camera into the life support box.)

K doesn't give a fuck about Treasure Island and Deckard is human.

That's not entirely accurate because K responds "Treasure Island?" because he recognizes the quote already.

No because he doesn't know what the fuck Treasure Island is. He had another book called the Pale Fire by Nabokov.

I have the movie right in front of me for reference, I'll make you clip if need be. Deckard quotes the book without mentioning the title, to which K responds "Treasure Island?" because he recognizes the quote.

No it's because he doesn't know what the fuck Deckard is talking about.

Deckard uses it as a sort of real-time Voight-Kampff of sorts to determine if K is Blade Runner or a just a random nobody that happened to stumble into his hideout before he starts shooting at him.

That's pure and total speculation without any backing in the scene. You're basing all of that based off of K saying "Treasure Island?" which could just as easily (and as I interpreted to begin with) mean he wasn't sure what Deckard was on about. Deckard had been alone for a very long time, and the first thing he does is quote a book and explains what book he's quoting and then K is like "Treasure Island?" and then there's an Oh moment. That Oh moment is just simple recognition and you're blowing it into crazy ridiculous proportions founded on your own imagined reality where Deckard is a replicant which the screenwriter for the original never even recognized.

look whose talking

It's an interesting theory, famalamas.

No because he was autistic

too bad you pulled it right out of your stanky ass

What is love?

baby don't hurt me

no more

I mean it's the future, there should be some way to store a computer-program on multiple devices.

The whole premise of Blade Runner 2049 is fucking retarded. How is a robot being able to give birth? Does the childs processors grow out of thin air? Cords and bolts becoming bigger as time passes by? How do you even mix oil and blood?

It's just a fucking retarded sci-fi movie. And completely different than the original both in tone and setting.

You're a pleb, playing/scripting deckard as an unsmiling noir detective autist both update the dashiel Hammett detective kino for the grittier, less verbal cyberpunk age and added to the overall sense of spiritual malaise for the viewer both trying to find out who was a replicant and just what being human meant.

This is like obsessing over when Britney Spears said she was a virgin, you're just being retarded because you want something to be true when it's just that the director left it open for discussions to be a bit more of a pricktease. Yeah deckard "could have" been if you are willing to ignore shitloads if otherwise evidence, but you are saying he was one for sure, that's retarded, you're retarded.

exactly, they should have just kept it simple with a detective noir film in the future with lots of hunting down shitty robots, the aesthetic was the only thing that was fine which isn't' saying much

The text intro in 2049 makes it clear that replicants are genetically modified humans. Now this might be a retcon, but it's actually an ancient idea from the very first robot story. RUR, a stageplay that was pretty famous in between the two world wars: on scene, the robots were basically the tin man from the Wizard of Oz, but in the book they were actually described as grown in vats.

Yet americans reacted the same: boring movie and boxoffice flop: that pretty much hard evidence we have the same stuff.

The new settings are reminiscent of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. You actually do enjoy the movie more, if you go in aware it's a cross between first and book.

sounds like you made that up

good movies aren't always received properly right away, you have to give it like 10 years, although 2049 was clearly nowhere near as original
that's what makes it shit though, the first one is about shitting on the book and having fun with the concept, 2049 lacks depth because it just blindly copies the first movie and the book, good movies have fun with concepts rather than regurgitating plastic carbon copies

Ridley Scott raped Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

I checked and it's close enough. Bioengineered humans sounds a lot more biological than robot.

Not an argument, you should have stayed on 4chan with the other contrarian kids.

in the best way possible

That's a fuck ton different than modified. Something engineered is made in a lab, modified is something that is born but altered.
Explain how that's not an argument faggot.

Where did you get that quote? Vice? The Huffington Post?

are you mad reddit?

sounds like it

wrong site faggot

are you reddit, mad?

yea it was alright compare to all the crap jewlywood shit lately but cmon now compared to the first one is just low tier

nobody was defending the movie sperg

ty for the (you) b b but muh bee

What did they mean by this?

I'm starting to 'get' what americans are about. 30 years later, they are still puritans but hide it between 7 layers of civil rights and outrage. And they still hate thoughtful movies, formerly admitting they only liked luna park rides, while now hiding behind irony and memes.
In short, it's racial.

Hopefully you don't mean 2049

the anthophila rises