Are there any non-MMO RPG games with good coöperative gameplay, or is everything online only these days?

Are there any non-MMO RPG games with good coöperative gameplay, or is everything online only these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl's_Birthday
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Am I retarded or why I don't get it.

It's confusing without visual aid, and anyone who thinks they're clever because of that picture, OP already accounted for, is a pretentious faggot

it must be some math shit because its super gay

trust me I can tell

How are you going to play coop with someone who lives on the opposite side of the world if not online?
Oh wait you must mean splitscreen "coop" ahahah lmao what a fag.

Secret of Mana, 3 players. A bit chaotic, but eh.
Final Fantasy 3/6 is also two players, but only in battles.
On could argue Gauntlet, but I haven't been able to stand playing that for more than three minutes since 1993.

I have a local friend who likes beatemups, and we both own a PS3 and much of the same games, yet I have NEVER played a co-op game with him since the old days when everyone was new to MAME and USB controller adapters.

Gold chest first dungeon?

Both are casuals for having to use a walkthrough in an RPG like little bitches.

why

dark souls btw is good.

Leather

looks like second dungeon gold chest to me.

player one knows the dungeon not the chest but knows the second player is confused so it is not the unique leather or copper. so he told player two its not 1 or 3

second player figures out it is the second dungeon since only two have gold chests and the fourth one doesn't have it while the second does. so he says its 2

first player now knows chest type since he knows its the second dungeon and the second player concluded so from the hint and 2 has all chest from 4 but the gold one.

This guy has a functional brain.

It's actually a trick question. Because only casual gamers have friends

Divinity original sin is literally the greatest RPG to come out in years and has the best CO-Op of any RPG released in at least 10 years.

congratulation OP, you literally look Cheryl's Birthday riddle and swapped it to video games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl's_Birthday

can your repeat that please. I prefer stickman drawings attached to it.thanks.

Professor Layton is stupid and gay

I am going to throw a wild guess here because I do not fully get how the 'up to' comes into this.

Let's say its a dude A, dude B,and dude C.

'A' saw that both B and C is not a lord.

If 'A' is a lord, both B and C will saw 'one lord' and one 'not lord'. And since there can be 'up to' 2 'lords'. Both B and C are clueless because it can go either way, therefore the hesitation.

If 'A' is 'not lord', both B and C will saw two 'not lords'. There can be up to 2 lords, however it does not mean there has to be a lord.

I would say the poster messed up the transition from a riddle to vidya themed one.

Let's assume that there is one lord since they know that there is a class called 'lord'.

If 'A' is a 'not lord', and there is a lord amongst the group. Either B or C would go straight into the portal.

My answer is that 'A' is a lord.

Three players
Assuming that they are the only three players on that server and that Lord MUST be chosen, then it would be reasonable for Player A to conclude that he is a Lord. If it is true that it is NOT mandatory that at least one Lord is rolled, then it is possible that all three of them are NOT Lords. If this is the case, and there is no other way to determine your own class, then Player A simply threw caution to the wind and took his chances.

Assuming that they are NOT the only three players on that server, and that Player A has already noticed two other players enter the Lord portal, then he can safely conclude that he is NOT a Lord. However, assuming that he has only witnessed one other player successfully enter the Lord portal, he can confidently assume that he is NOT a Lord, but the probability of this assumption is dependent on the number of other players present. If this is the case, it'd be best to wait and watch others as they cross the portals, note the results of their crossing, and then draw conclusions via a process of elimination.

So, either 1)there are only three people on the server in total, and there MUST be at least ONE Lord and Player A used a process of elimination to determine that he is a Lord, 2) There are more than three people on that server and Player A used a similar process of elimination to determine his class C) He threw caution to the wind and took his chances or 4) There are other ways to determine your class that are not dependent on stepping through portals or communicating with other players and Player A used this contextual information to determine his current class.

Too complicated? I feel it's good to consider all the possibilities.

That's not a hint, that's what you need to solve the problem.
Let's call players A B C, being A the player in question.
If A was lord, and B was lord (I know he isn't but stay with me), then C would know he isn't lord and pick his portal. But C didn't pick anything, so again if A was lord, then B without knowing about his lord status (Which in this case is NOT lord) would realize that C didn't pick a portal, so he would know that he is not a lord (Because again, if he was a lord then C would have exited since both A and B are lords), and then pick the lord portal for himself, but B also didn't pick a portal (Even though he is not a lord). So A knows he is not a lord and exits, because if he was one then the other two would have sufficient information to exit through a portal.

Now here is the thing: This is all bullshit because OP completely dumbed down the problem to the point it is not true anymore, because B and C can do the same logical thinking as A, and pick their portal too (Because none of them are lords, so it doesn't matter if it's A B or C). None of them can use the """Hint""" as information. I mean why didn't B and C exit without hesitation? It's kind of a chicken and egg problem, they either all leave simultaneously or they don't.

The way to fix the problem is as follows (OP if you want to stop being a faggot rephrase it):
They have three chances to exit through the portals, a span of 2 seconds between 10 minutes each. Nobody exits in the first two chances and then they all exit on the third one.
Now the problem works as follows:
First nobody exits, the only way to exit in the first chance is if you can see the other two as lords, you can't use the "He didn't exit so.." argument because there wasn't a chance before, so not exiting the first time only means there aren't two lords.
Now the second chance, if only one of them was a lord, then the other two would exit, since they know they aren't lords themselves (Or else somebody would have exited in the first chance, since there are two lords).
So in the third chance all three know they aren't any lords, and they all exit through the same portal.

50% or am I fucking retarded ?

It's just 50% if you're guaranteed a crit, since you're only rolling once for the hit that is not guaranteed.

33%

Thats not vidya, mongaloid. That's math.

let me guess: it's 50% because one is guaranteed crit but there's some false logic fuckery like 3doors1goat question that makes some weird answer "possible"

the "3doors1goat question" has perfectly valid logic
goatpicker detected

This thread is about non-MMO RPG games with good coöperative gameplay, you mongos.

The answer is that only casuals care about not being casuals.

Each individual hit has a 50% chance. So for the second hit to even qualify the first hit needs to be a crit, i.e. 50%. Then there is a 50% chance for the second crit. So the end result is 0.5 * 0.5 = 25%

This is called independent probability and to explain it in a different manner, there are 4 different combinations for the spells:

No Crit - No Crit
No Crit - Crit
Crit - No Crit
Crit - Crit

So just 1 of the 4 is the correct combination, ergo 25%.

Y-yeah right.
I- I bet you can't triforce either, huh?

I never got this, you can climb every mountain in Skyrim.

God this shit is gay.

This has nothing to do with "gamer logic".

This is the shit they post on facebook and scream "I SOLVED IT, IM A TRUE GAMER GUYS!"

But one must be a crit, so wouldn't No Crit - No Crit be ineligible leaving you with 1 in 3, ergo 33%?

Yes, it is 1/3

The question is essentially "what is the chance that you get 2 crits in a row". That is 25%.

but you are guaranteed at least a single crit.
The no/no variant is out of the question.
And since order of hits does not matter, no/yes is equal to yes/no.
Ergo, you are guaranteed a single crit, the other crit is 50%.
100%*50% = 50%.

My reading comprehension sucks, didn't know the first one is guaranteed, so yeah it's 33%

pls no bully

Yes, but that can mean either the first or the second must be a crit, not the first.
If it were worded as the first hit is a crit, what is the chance that both are crits, then yes 50%

Actually yeah this user is right. If the first crit is 100% then ot is irrelevant. The second crit is independent so 50%.

That\'sWrongRetard.jpg

…actually, yes, you are right.
I misinterpred it myself. The order of events cannot be disregarded.
pic is the possible outcomes.

ye, I cower in shame.

It's obviously the gold chest, and I can:

Fuck. Too late.

Cower in nothing. We figured it out.

Shit man, are you alright?