MOUNTAIN BLADE

Whatcha been mounting/blading?

Anyone tried it yet? Is it still shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

swconquest.github.io/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nagashino
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Victoria_(1887)
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=163087.0
8ch.net/his/res/29369.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_&_Blade_II:_Bannerlord
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67009.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disney shills are best shills

Which one of you gloarious faggots goes by Guts in bot survival? We need to be friends RIGHT FUCKING NOW

kys

MUH DIK

Never tried Star Wars Conquest. Should I try it?

Screenshots looks meh. I don't know what replaces your mount in the game.

swoop bikes

Downloading both right now. Won't be able to play until tomorrow though

Your mount is a speeder bike I think. Last time I tried it the game was a buggy clusterfuck but it's got potential. I may be biased though since M&B in space is like a wet dream for me

reminder that multiplayer is the most fun

Please tell me you get to own slaves in SWC. Or at least, it's a feature to be added in the future.

related but is Revenge of Berserk supposed to work with warband?
I just want to be Griffith.

No need user, you're already a faggot :^)

user please this meme is stale

the star wars mod is polished now and ive only crashed once in 7 hours of playtime. AI is still shit though.

And also, which one of you shits had the good shit and piss conversation on Napoleonic wars? i was the guy talking about his shits being the size of his forearm and we talked about the orgasmic feeling after a 5 minute piss.

I just wanted to know if Revenge of Berserk works with warband or not. So far I've heard it's only compatible with the original M&B and I've encountered an assload of bugs otherwise so far

I don't think anything works with Warband unless it's specifically designed for Warband

Just pirate M&B, it's what I did for SWC and a few others

Meatbags

couldn't play the star wars mod without it crashing constantly in original m&b. Might be okay with warband. Reminder that there will never be a mod as good as 1866. The other western mods don't even compare.There was one by some narcissistic asshole for warband but its still shit

If we got this ported to warband I could just uninstall M&B

nothing drives me more insane than the fact that the mod was never finished. There are some really good quests in the game that you can't actually finish

thats an optimistic time frame

is the release date still this year or Next year?

i've been playing floris and prophecy of pendor

apparently they are releasing warband to consoles soon

I haven't checked the site since their post in May, but there was never a release date.

I thought it was this winter?

What the fuck? That sounds like a terrible idea

Pic related, from their last update.

sadly no, it's dead
and for some reason i can't even play it in vanilla M&B, when i get to the batzuzo fight, i just slice through him like he's butter and i deal no damage, while he's 1-2shotting everyone

i got past buzzuzo he has a shit ton of health if i recall correctly

i mean i literally wasn't doing damage to him, it was bugged
there were no log messages that i was dealing any damage to him

so can anyone give me a link to SWC? i can't tell if i'm finding vanilla or warband ones

hmm maybe he doesn't work like regular enemies and it takes a certain amount of hits for him to die idk

I want to kill myself trying to lift that sword

Say "Ahhh~"

swconquest.github.io/

That's not even a sword, it's more like a heap of raw iron

And I want to die trying to lift that 1000 lb hunk of iron.

play some actual good games released recently instead of this janky fucking movement sim

why

shutup

Warsword conquest best mod desu

I wonder if Butterlord modding will be able to handle flying creatures and proper magic.

Still can't gitgud, huh bab?

i hope it can handle new sword blades so i can get

From what I've seen the weapon crafting system is very flexible. You can define sword length and whether it's one or two handed.

I can't imagine it will be that hard to mod out the limiters so you can have your penis compensator around.

What I'd really like is the ability to use (most) weapons with one or both hands, ala the Souls games, if you meet the strength requirements.

You must be one of those dumb niggers that couldn't even do basic combat or get past level 1/tutorial.

DID I HEAR CUSTOM SWORD

Nigger, how the fuck did you miss the weapon crafting reveals?

That being said, it seems that you'll have to go pokemon hunting for the parts, since not all of them are available at every shop, and many seem to be specific to cultures. Some have even speculated that you enemies drop them too.

WHO VAEGIR HERE

no one because calradia belongs to swadia snownigger

Because i'm busy actually playing video games, nigger.

Oh boy i can't wait to be autistic, very, very autistic.

Khergits are the rightful heirs of Calradian empire.

For how long have we been saying so ?

ᠲ‍ᠢ‍ᠢ᠋‍ᠮ

Double nigger.

bannerlord already has it in mind, with that consolified inventory system

Butterlord confirmed consolized garbage.

The PC version's always had controller support.

Que?

I know it because my xbox controller kept rumbling.

every time we have a m&b thread i learn something new about this game that i have owned for seven years

Everyone, laugh at the summerfag.

You're the summerfag here.

I've tried to play it with my controller and it was meh but it could work.

user, take a step back and think about what you've done for a moment

They're making it knowing people will mod the shit out of it as soon as it launches. So yeah I suppose they make something like that easily codeable.

What did he mean by this?

ALL GLORY TO THE HOLY KHAN

Magic maybe, depending how easy it is to add custom animations, skills and mechanics, but flying creatures I'm not too sure. It all comes down to what the engine can handle, along with the physics embeded, and how vertical you can make the maps.

i didn't make it
though before allahu snackbar existed arabic countries were more civilized which to my understanding is what the sandies are based on

BUILD IT!

stop trying to fit in.

Pre-snackbar arabs were nothing like the sarranid sultanate.

I think he means Persia and the like.

Well I do see influences of the Sassanian empire, especially their catraphracts.

Not even the architecture was the same

Pre-Islamic persia was Indo-European R1a, which means they were closer to slavs than arabs, who were J2.

Started mount and weeb, I like how the troop tree is standardized for the most part, makes my job easy. I just raided a mansion apparently so now I have a base. Now I'm trying to decide what clan to join.

Actually playing vdja gems aside, I'd like to be surprised. I want to be surprised by Butterlord, blow me away like Stalingrad getting shelled.

Build your own clan and become Oda Nobunaga v2.

Hojo has a good starting position for building your own powerbase in the ruins of Takeda and Tokugawa before taking the old fool Hojo down. Hojo ashigaru have melee focus and you can get gun heavy master skirmishers from nearby Tokugawa.

Man guns rock.
I can't hear the sound of you cursing my samurai honor over
MY GUNS

Samurai using guns is the tightest shit. First they batter the enemy lines like artillery and when I get bored of them taking forever to waste the ammo of their ridiculously slow guns they can be lead on a grorious charge to the ranks of numerically superior ashigaru bowmen.

Anybody know how to change the model of a lord? I've been customizing a mod for personal use and I want to make one of the lords from a faction into a woman. I'm no good at actually making a model myself, so I want to use one of the preset ones that come with the game. My question is where is the file that assigns each model to each lord

I don't really think your life is worth living tbh mate.

WHAT WAS THAT, TAKEDA? WHERE IS YOUR CAVALRY NOW, FAGGOT?

actually, what does ID full of 0's mean? Seen it since halfchan but never really bothered to ask around considering how user's will either call you a newfag or go something like 'he's a moot/hotwheels uncle blah blah blah'. Somebody care to elaborate?
pls no bully

tor user
fite me secret club fags

Inquiry: What did you just say about me, you fleshy meatbag?

when the new game releases?

T-thanks senpai

Victoru wipes away dishonoru.

How do you manage to fuck it up that badly?

Was everyone blind on the other side or something holy shit

Fun fact. After this battle Shingen Takeda publicly announced that "Hereafter, the guns will be the most important arms. Therefore decrease the number of spears per unit, and have your most capable men carry guns"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nagashino

pick one

I remember reading that story. The whole expedition is like a movie that basically wrote itself.

I remember reading in Shogun 2 how the introduction of firearms led the Japanese to slowly start developing pike and shot formations, and that they would have likely started fighting similarly to 16th century Europeans if Tokugawa hadn't unified the country.

Could be worse.

Remember how the Australian millitary lost to a bunch of birds?

Didn't they fire hundreds of thousands of rounds?

I am hooked on NW commander battle again. What is my life and why do most players in this game either suck tons of ass or are total bro tier.

Yes, and Major Meredith is stated as saying that "The Emus were masters of guerilla warfare. If we could arm these birds with machineguns we could oppose any army in the world"

Or when the brits accidentally'd their best ship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Victoria_(1887)

Expanded story would make one hell of a comedy:

Also, one thing I never really thought about well playing was what Faction is each in Warband suppose to represent historically/in the real world. I know the Nords represent the Nords, that is a given.

They are amalgations of geographical military trends over a long period of history for the sake of diversity and distinctiveness. Don't put too much tought in it.

You don't even need to go for the comedy angle. Just play it straight and it's gonna come across as even more hilarious.

I wonder if the thread on /his/ is still up, since there's a few more stories, and IIRC, a more detailed account of this glorious fuckup.

Khergits - This cav based clan is either loved or hated by players, it is often assumed they are Mongolian, which is partially true. The Khergits name derives from the Merkits, who were indeed a mongolian tribe. Interestingly the Merkits kidnapped Genghis Khan's first wife Borte, and go figure, Genghis would have none of that, and eventually incorporated them into his Mongol army. The sabres that the Khergits use are accurate to mongol weapons of the medieval period. The armor and polearms however show a clear Chinese influence. Old players to MB will recall the amazingly beautiful "gold armor" of the Khergits, this armor was akin to Chinese generals. The more expensive helmets of the Khergit army also have Chinese influence. The hafted blade was commonly used in Chinese dynasties as well. In fact polearms came in the most numerous varieties in China. If you like polearms and Chinese battle armor you should watch Red Cliff, a movie based on the battle itself. Anyway, the Mongol army was very much involved in China under Kublai Khan, he even established the YUAN dynasty there, so naturally some Chinese weaponry would rub off on the Mongols.

Swadians - The faction of Swadia is based off of the German state of Swabia. The weaponry is standard of German medieval armies, but can also commonly be found in French armies as well. The great lance, and lances in general were indeed trademarks of both French and German armies, among others. The dreaded two handed sword or bastard sword (a favorite of mad spammers) was common as well, the famous doppel soldier used a humongous two handed sword. The Swadians represent perhaps the most classical image of the European knight. The Helmts are spot on to the period, from the simple rounded cone helmet of lower class warriors, to the great helm itself.(that pic is of swabia in modern germany)

Nords- It would be too easy to categorize the nords based on their name alone. Indeed nearly all of the weaponry and armor in MB was used by nordic medieval armies. Also known as Scandanavian armies, they included modern day Sweden, Norway, and Denmark (sorry Finland, you didn't quite exist yet). Contrary to popular belief, the majority of the deadliest Viking armies came from Denmark, not farther north. Axes were a favorite, and the nordic Axe is feared in MB as well. There is one surprising fact of nords in MB, they are tanks. Historically however, a Viking would not be as armored as the foes he faced in Europe's various kingdoms. The shields were indeed mostly round, but javelins were not particularly a specialty of the nords compared to other groups, which makes it surprising that they are free for nord cav. Much of the nord weaponry could also be found in the area of Normandy in modern day France. Famous now for William the conqueror. Throwing axes and strong circular shields were used by the Normans, and interestingly opposing armies called them Turtles, which is sometimes what defensive nords are called in MB.

Vaegirs- This clan represents the area we now know as Russia, but than called Muscovy. Part of the dress of the Vaegirs was influenced by Mongol and Tartar invaders. The famous and fast scimitar, was an invention of territories farther east. Helmets sometimes had fur, mainly because its cold. The armor of the higher class Vaegirs is not entirey accurate, but gives a decent idea of what the richer, higher class nobles would have worn. The bardiche or Voulge were common weapons of Russia (And Poland), interestingly they were also used to rest firearms upon, but that would come later.

Sarranids - Without a doubt, the most broadly labeled faction in MB. Unfortunately, people assume that because the Sarranids feature head wrappings and turbans, they must be Muslim, and by default, Arab, but this is not the case. The name Sarranid clearly comes from the Sassanids. The Sassanids (and before them the Parthians) were arguably the Roman Empires greatest rival througout its history. The Sassanids would be the Arab invaders greatest foe, but eventually they would succumb to the armies of Islam. So, not only are Sassanids not Arab, they fought AGAINST muslims. The Sassanid Empire was officially a Zoroastrian state, a religion that still exists today. The weaponry of the Sassanids is historically accurate. Maces were common, as well as both two sided swords and scimitars (as see by Sassanid archers). Perhaps most accurate was the beautiful armor of the elite Cataphract horsemen. In MB the elite horse armor is spot on historically, as is the most expensive cav armor for the rider. However, its a mystery to me, why they have a bamboo spear, indeed the Sassanids had access to bamboo imports from the east, but I've never seen a bamboo spear used amongst the Sassanids or even the Parthians before them. In summary of the Sarranids, they were PRE- Islamic Persians.

Rhodoks - They are the hardest to define, to say that they are Italian mercenaries would be the safest bet, but really thats even a stretch. The shields are unique to Rhodoks in MB, and they are certainly inspird by the pavise shield. Strangely in MB you cant put the shield into the ground and start shooting your xbow from behind it, this is what would have happend historically. If I had to pick a faction from MB to go up against armored knights in real life, it would be the Rhodoks. They feature an arsenal of weapons that are perfect for anti knight tactics. The war hammer and other heavy bludgening weapons were ideal for getting a knight on the ground. The war picks were good for piercing thick plate armor as well. The Rhodoks are really a conglamoration of everything that is anti cav and knight, made all the more so by the Rhodok cavalry unit in MB being the weakest. The awlpike was also great against mounted knights, or mounted anything. The Rhodoks could possibly be any Western European army, a good guess would be the French army, its not a shot in the dark, but Id still have to go with Italian mercs as my best guess.

I expect people will still arge over the inspiration of MB's faction origins, and thats okay, but some things are not very arguable. They include the Sarranids being pre islamic Persians. The Nords being from the Scandanvia, but also having norman influences. Swadia is Swabia, though it has french inluence. Vaegirs are Russia, influenced partially by Tartar invaders. Khergits are Merkits, though influenced partialy by Chinese dynasties, and the Rhodoks could be Italian, French,or even Czech, they are a mix bag of influences. Three Cheers for history !!!!!!!

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=163087.0

Did butterlord finally get a release date?

no

Really makes you think.

Would wew again.

kek i didn't even notice that

I normally ignore all factions because I want to make my own army and kingdom, going mostly to the north to bet snow lands and maybe some barbarians… am I doing wrong?

the first time i became my own faction was when i became marshal of swadia and the king refused to give me a town so i said no ill keep it
anywho if you want to start a faction you need a lot of right to rule so the kings of other factions wont all gang up on you
not if you have a badass army that can defend against 800+ guys raiding your castle

its not its all cracked up to be managing all the lords that you let join your kingdom, them getting assblasted when you give a fief to someone they don't like then eventually betraying you and taking their castle with them a tip would be to only accept lords from one faction so they like each other before hand
there are different ways to he throne though

I see… and if you marry someone from a kingdom and deflect to make your own faction can you keep your wife? maybe even recruiting the father as a noble.

i did exactly that you should pick the lady with the most connections i immediately got her brother and father to join me
she can also be your advisor (assigning fiefs to lords) instead of some hired peasant

i would also recommend using the mod FLORIS it is just the vanilla game with a lot of updated mechanics and troop trees

i forgot to mention that if you do marry a lady you will have to pay out the ass i think mine costed 45k

so i downloaded the 2.55 floris pack from nexus but it says it is 2.54 on the launcher?

mine too its fine

i'm loving SWC
blasters can kill someone with 1 shot, but with that rate of fire, you never bother aiming, so it's just lazers flying everywhere
melee combat is for retards who think they can dodge bullets
the only way to actually hit the enemy in melee range is if you're mounted, and mounts here die pretty fast
i especially love the gambling game. i might be shit at the combat here, but currently the emperor fucking hates me because i beat his ass in a fucking mini game

Personally my favorite thing to do in SWC is starting bar fights and killing everyone you see in the town square.

Why is that no other mod has ever used this? It's so fucking fun.

Is it just me or does Kyle look like a manlet.

I have high hopes for SW themed mods in Butterlord, and especially because it's likely someone will implement Pazaak into the game.

The story in full of the Russian Fleet is still there, because I typed it up ( 8ch.net/his/res/29369.html )
The other stories aren't though, I started reading them instead because it takes 1000 hours to transcribe things and now most of the vocaroo links are dead.

I never tested but if 8ch can take pure sound files from windows recorder or some shit I could reread some blunders… There are worse events than paranoid russians firing at fishermen.

Can you upload the pdf files somewhere if you have them?

I typed it by hand from the physical book which I own. There's probably PDFs out there though -
Military/Naval Blunders by Geoffrey Regan.

Will try to make permanent recordings at some point when it's not 11 at night and bump the /his/ thread with them.

Nova Aetas is pretty good, though there are a couple issues. I quite enjoy playing Sarranid characters and fighting the Agonic Crusaders. The actual Crusades in the game aren't very good, they're prone to failure due to ongoing conflict in the Crusade Leader's home realms, as well as the fact that sometimes they're not even at war with the Sultanate, leading to constant siege an un-siege events in Hierosolyma and even the occasional Crusade Leader who converts to the Sultanate while still in the Crusader camp. Apparently you can make 6 castles in it, haven't gotten to that because you need lodsemone to buy workers to build it and tools to collect stone and wood so you can speed up the construction. Additionally, you can go to the New World and conquer the Aztec-clones with great ease if you have some well equipped units and the boats to ship them over.

Is Mountain Blade set in a historical place or fictional location? Just curious.

Fictional location

Sorry, can't hear you from all the way down there.

testicles

Are there no coop mods for warband? I just want to be a general in my friend's army and I had trouble getting into the game otherwise.

I've been meaning to remove that flag for a while.

Well the flag is appropriate because you'll bait some with that post user.

floris evolved has coop, don't know how well it works tho

September 16th 2016

source?

Thats for warband on consoles silly. I'm not sure about bannerlord. I would imagine soon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_&_Blade_II:_Bannerlord

Any other characters such as the ghost of Darth Revan ?

And can't you deflect laser bolts using lightsabers? That have to be a skill, otherwise what's the point of having lightsabers.

Doesn't seem accurate, they probably would've officially announced it otherwise.

Do guys think Charisma is worth investing in or should I just focus on Strength and Agility after I get Intelligence to 27/30?

While higher Strength and Agility would be nice it's hard to take towns with only a 100 some T5 soldiers.

the sumerians came before the egyptians though

I forgot if leadership is based on Charisma or Intelligence but you'll probably want to level it up pretty high.

Within 6 months.

Leadership is based on Charisma.

In theory renown and becoming king (in Floris becoming king gives a 100 more units to recruit) is sufficient enough that Leadership isn't needed. However, unless you have an army of archers only and retreat when they run out of ammo, taking towns is nearly impossible.

I'm more interested in the 5% discount to wages per level to be honest. High leadership and a good selection of enterprises and fiefs makes rolling with a full army of top-tier horsemen for field battles a valid tactic.

come on nigger, not following sekrit klub mentality is what got us to the shithole this is today

What the fuck am I even supposed to do in ACOCK? The whole thing seems boring and empty.

Conquer King's Landing and sit on the Iron Throne? :^)

So what are some mods that aren't shit

muh dik.
I can see this eating away at a few thousand hours of my life.

The same things you do in anything m&b?

don't know about darth revan, but i joined the empire by talking to vader in naboo, and of course swindling money from him in a game
there's an invisible shield called force push or something like that, that works as a regular shield. there was a lightsaber in a shop that counted as a shield though, so maybe that works. i didn't have the money to try it
there was also a throwing lightsaber
you start off with a regular one handed one, and a pistol

you'll need charisma if you want more than 60 soldiers

do the quests?
go to stormlands/oldtown and start all the quests you can find, one of them leads you to quests in the wall which reward you with a valeryan steel sword
the quest that tyrion gives you in kings landing rewards you with some decent armour (although it sucks because it requires around 18-20 strenght)
there was another quest for valeryan steel that starts in braavos and just wants you to conquer the city of volantis
the quests are really good in here man, do them

the questline that leads you to the wall has to do with the whights, and the free folk
when you finish it, the free folk invasion will start (and fail horribly because nearly every one of it's lords will abandon it since they don't have any castle)
also, if you want to help stannis, you better forget the quests and just start doing it at the start of the game, otherwise you'll be too late and he'll have lost nearly everything to the riverlands/stormlands

this star goys mod is shit, all my troops just bum rush the enemy instead of shooting it out with lasers.

so tell them to hold a certain position instead of charging?

They need to be told what to do user.

Battle Time

VAEGIR BITCHES
GLORIOUS SLAVIC BATTLE PROWESS

Yiss

True, also the western mod for warband is a clusterfuck being made by an egomaniac

Here's a mod for all you Vaegir lovers:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67009.0.html

Your mother.
Though she isn't as good as my horse.

*throat singing intensifies.gif*

It sounds like you either fucked your horse, or you actually rode on the back of his mother.

that's pretty neat
why

now that i think about it, why was there never a star trek mod? basically the same mechanics as SWC but different races/factions

Looks fun hopefully the passive dodging isn't game breaking though