Danganronpa

Still not sure why they made it into an anime and not a game
I see a lot of this still working very well as a game

Do you think we will get another ultra despair girls?
and how do you think the anime is gonna tie into a third game?

at least aoi is still alive ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa:_Trigger_Happy_Havoc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa_Another_Episode:_Ultra_Despair_Girls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Danganronpa is shit

I agree
but I enjoy it

no you dont

I kinda do

I played the first one, it was alright. Is the second one any good?

No

The first one is good as a standalone game. The 2nd is good as fan service

yea its about the same

I don't know how you could possibly think anything in Future side would work well in a game, it would be even more of a fucking walking simulator than gone home. Shit's fucking garbage.

Third game from what I recall takes place off in the future so basically nothing from the anime will tie into it and that's all the better since I'm certain everyone wants to forget all about Future side as soon as its done airing.

Nigga stop lying.

I liked the second better than the first until the end, which was still okay.

I meant "fun"

Future side is the dino crisis 3 of dangitronpaul

I'll give you Jack just because it's so-stupid-its-funny

Can someone please answer this for me? I've yet to play the first game though I saw the anime adaptation, but how did it go from anime murder mystery in 1 with an open ending to full on "What the fuck is happening" conspiracy shit with the anime airing right now? Was it just a case of them thinking they'd only make one game and just making things up as they go along?

Also why does Junko seem to be the evil mastermind or something, shes a retarded high school kid.

its over the top silly near super powers

Future arc is a bad fanfiction. All the creative effort went towards the vasty superior Despair arc.

As for the games, I liked the first one more than the second mainly because I liked the characters more. The trials were meh, and the second game had the better set of them, but overall I just enjoyed the first game more. It could be a bit of a bias because I like morbid things in school settings.
Speaking of school settings, I REALLY wish they had kept the beta versions of the kids' outfits. They looked like actual school uniforms.

Because junko is the worst villain ever written

I guess that was what they were going for originally? Even then it doesnt seem to be completely retarded like in the future story.

A villain that I still dont quite get, or even what the appeal in her is besides design. Like where can she get the money or even power to do all this crazy shit?

she can basically make people do what she wants and gets what she wants

I can't speak for others, but whenever I think of junko I think of Murkuro pretending to be Junko before she died.. That Junko was a total bro and I went out of my way to hang out with her.

The second game and ultra despair girls mostly try to explain her ludicrous amount of influence, but ultimately that doesn't make it any less retarded or uncalled for. The whole overarching arc of danganronpa is shit that spoils otherwise fairly good murder mysteries, and you're better off just dismissing it wholesale.

I'm not going to bother with intelligent spoiler tags for this shit because I'm going to fuck up the formatting at some point anyway so just know there's a fuckload of spoilers for all the games and the anime so far in this huge block.
In 1 basically all they tell you about Junko is that she's batshit insane and has a fuckload of charisma so she started some kind of murder spree at the school which resulted in large scale rioting and the kids locking themselves in to avoid the riots. In 2 it's expanded to cover some of the leaders of the murder spree and the riots that followed Junko and established that the riots were in fact some kind of mass anarchy shit spreading all over the world like super terrorists from a cartoon or whatever. This was actually handled okay in the game because it was a much weirder game than 1 and went really over the top on wackyness and surreal shit. Then Despair Girls and now Future side are taking the ridiculous over the top shit from 2 and trying to handle them as seriously as 2 handled them weirdly and the end result is just a massive egdelord festival that doesn't work in the slightest for anyone. Despair Side also expanded on how Junko is a mastermind by introducing a guy who made brainwashing anime and saying she used her super analysis powers to learn how to brainwash from the anime and brainwashed the world with it to start the riots which is a really fucking stupid concept in what has been otherwise a very enjoyable anime since it hits a balance of weird and serious somewhere between what 1 and 2 did instead of going off the deep end on serious edge wank like Future side.

I do like that they're implying anime destroyed the world with this. It's stupid, but it's the fun sort of stupid.

Why didnt you protect her smile Holla Forums?

That shit has to be the most inane, style over substance VN I've ever played. What a massive waste of time.

For anyone that isn't familiar with this, let me tell you how proposterous the Danganronpa 3 anime is.

You must have fully played the first two games to get into it.
So far, makes sense.

Then you must ALSO have played Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls.
This takes place before DR2, but you must first FINISH DR2 before playing it, because of reasons.
Good luck playing it because no one owns a fucking vita so you'll probably have to watch an LP of it.

Done all that?
Good, now you can just watch the anime, right?
Except the anime is TWO SERIES.
RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME.

The Future arc and the Despair arc.
Future happens after DR2, Despair happens before DR1.

So if you're a rational human being, your first reaction will be "obviously i gotta watch all of despair first, and then all of future".
EXCEPT NOT.
YOU GOTTA WATCH BOTH at the same time by alternating the two arcs, and watching Future FIRST, and Despair SECOND, each ep.

Never in my entire life have i seen an anime that has more stupid, convoluted requirements to be watched, ever.
If you take a step back and objectively realize what the fuck this anime requires out of the average watcher in terms of prep time, it's absolutely preposterous.

Well I tried but I got fucking out-lucked by some suicidal tart. I got her panties, though; That's nearly as good, I feel.

Meh, it's a sequel and a prequel. It's not as complicated as you put it.

But user, that's to protect people from watching future arc.

Aside from Despair 1 spoiling the end of Future 1 so far there really hasn't been anything else in them requiring the alternating viewing, though I'd wager the finale of Despair will definitely have some similar shit in it that would spoil Future's. Not that anyone would miss out on anything by being spoiled on any of Future.
Unless Mitarai never ends up doing anything, which is equally likely.

Also you can basically skip playing Despair Girls, I only got like halfway through the game before that episode aired and it really didn't feel like it was necessary to understand anything, especially when you figure in how fucking pointless that episode has been in the overall plot.

He's had a rough life.

Again Despair arc is the better one for the little tie-ins. Like that bullet hitting izuru's cheek in the same area that grazed hajime's cheek when usami was "killed"

>implying she died a first time, didn't lie about being an AI and isn't just comatose in the machine like everyone else
I'm like 90% certain that will be the final twist of the series just to make her in 2 more tragic.

if that happens I honestly dont care who else dies even if its swimming chocolate
sadly its probably not the case

I'm not even watching the Future Arc. Enjoying the Despair Arc right now and I'm pretty surprised how they manage to tie it all pretty elegantly.
So far I've only seen a couple of retcons.
Is the Future Arc worth a penny ?

To all the Chiakautists

Im honestly not hating it
Despair is better especially because you know how it ends, well except for chiaki
I swear to fuck im not gonna be ready for whatever they do to her

Future has its moments, I liked the ultra despair episode it felt just like the game
And given there is only one person left I dont want to die still alive I feel less on edge given they killed everyone else I really like

I want more Hiros mom though

Has one of the 6 persons that own a vita played the Vita episode ?

I'm thinking Junko will kill her and pin the murder on the teacher, because Chiaki's the class representative and because everyone thinks the teacher killed her, they go full despair and work with Junko to take down the future foundation responsible for Chiaki's death

That would make me sad

Vita episode?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa:_Trigger_Happy_Havoc

I meant en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa_Another_Episode:_Ultra_Despair_Girls

Ultra despair girls? I literally have it next to me right now. Just finished the train segment again.

How is it ? How's the plot ?

Plot's weird, and with it being a third-person shooter/puzzle game I'm reminded why analogue sticks suck for shooters. It's alright, and if you like Genocide Jack/Toko then you'll get your fair share of her since she's one of the two stars. The 3d style isn't entirely unfitting but like it was said earlier they're trying to do stupid superpowers but seriously.

I liked it, it was one of my more favourite games last year

Who cares. Best Girl Twins died in the first season so why do I want to bother with the rest of the shit characters.

My only real regret is that we got this scene for a certain part but Japan has still failed to produce a doujin of it. Actual spoilers, albeit minor.

Enko is in the despair act.
What's with japs and stink fetishism ?
Junko keeps telling Enko that she smells and Byakuya did the same with Fukawa.

On an unrelated note I'm triggered by the translations of the names in Danganronpa 2.
The first name is written but they call each other by their last names in the audio files.
I was sick of hearing "Hinata" and reading "Hajime"
At least the first one had it right even though the translation was too much on the memeside for my taste.
share your OC

well

Okay, I've been seeing these threads for a while now, but google is yielding nothing.

did they make a new danganronpa anime or is it the same one that came out in fuckin 2013 but for some reason everyone went full retard and forgot about its existance a whole 3 years later?

No it's a new one. It's actually two animus.
One is focusing on the "Despair Arc" (what happened to Danganronpa 2's cast before the events of the game) and one is the "Future Arc" (follow-up of the game).
Despair Act ep01 :
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:733821b647cc44fcafee4a628b639dc6033be8eb&dn=Danganronpa+3+The+End+of+Kibougamine+Gakuen+Side+Despair+Ep+1&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

That didn't happen in DR2.

It does if you play with the japanese audio

I'm pretty sure I heard Hinata and read Hajime.

You do
I finished replaying 2 recently and noticed it also

Did anyone read the "novels" included with 2, like Danganronpa "if".
I uninstalled it and want to know what was in it.
Can someone give a link/Tl;DR ?

Wiki page and a couple episodes ago basically tell you everything
Not really missing much

Okay, here's my thoughts on the series:
DR1 is a good game overall, it has enough social elements between the characters to have players find a favorite, it allows waifuism and hazubandism, which at the end of the day sell merchandise, almost all characters are endearing.
The story is okay, kids are forced to kill each other so they can escape their captivity, it goes bonkers at the end when they realize the world has gone to shit and everything they were promise was long gone.
Here's when (for me) the worst thing about the series is presented, Junko, i'll talk about her later.
Overall is a nice murder mystery with nice enough characters and an okay story.

DR2 is more or less the same, endearing characters, nice murder mysteries but this time the motivations are noticeably worse (except for the time when they are trapped without food or water) and the story takes a nosedive here.

DR: UDG is a departure from the main series with okay to meh gameplay and again endearing characters.

Havent read the novels yet, so I'll leave that out.

(1/3)

Now, my problem with the series is Junko and everything related to her, shes completely insane and is also rather useless by herself, relying on her followers to do her bidding.
Both DR1 and DR2 didnt suffer much from her because she was relegated to the finale, a sort of final boss, so her insanity was kept to a somewhat minimum.
Here's when the new animes come into play, apparently in DR3: Despair we are shown how she machinated the downfall of society which is exposing the corrupt side of Kibougamine (Hopes Peak), with the aid of her sister, Izuru and some doses of brainwashing videos.
My problem with it is that Junko is completely useless, Mukuro does all the heavy lifting, acting as her bodyguard and hitman, while Izuru is her trump card.
We are led to believe in the first games that she is charismatic enough to have a legion of followers willing to mutilate themselves, fight and die for her but in reality, she is bonkers (watch the scene when she talks to Izuru and you'll see that she is not in her right mind, rambling on an on how the world is boring while despair is erratic therefore more interesting).
Izuru falls for this an even when she back stabs him, he keeps on hanging out with her.
Even though she is the Ultimate Analyst, her big plan is using brainwashing and upset teenagers (who were basically scammed) to bring the fall of mankind.
Her plan is stupid and it comes to fruition because the world she inhabits is stupid (examples: she leaves a bomb on a taxi and nobody gives a shit when it blows up, she throws a grenade in the middle of the highway and no one gives a shit, etc).
I can honestly say that Junko makes everything in the story complete shit and having her in small burst is a benefit, if Kodaka can leave her out of DR V3, then it might probably be a good game.

Now for Future.
Its completely forgettable and nothing of note happens, the Future Foundation are forced to kill each other for whatever reason and they just go along with that.
Instead of uniting and try to find the traitor, they immediately try to kill each other for petty reasons, there's hints of the remnants and a bigger plot involving Monaka but so far it went nowhere.
Overall is a waste of time but like the other DR titles, it has endearing characters who you'll get upset when they inevitably die.
A synopsis would be "idiots kill each other over nothing".

Thats obviously my opinion

I agree with basically all of your opinions, except I didn't give a fuck about anyone dying in Future because even the returning characters are shadows of their former selves. Take just Naegi for example, in DR1 he's very much a protagonist character, he's an active participant in every investigation and trial and he gets shit done. Future side all he does is get literally carried around and he hasn't actually done anything in any of the episodes. None of his actions have brought anyone any closer to resolving anything, the best you can say about him is that his inaction has gotten them a little closer to the end by process of elimination. Same for Kirigiri, she was an ace detective in the first game and in Future it takes her 9 episodes to point out one minor thing she noticed in episode 1 and aside from that she's done just as little as Naegi. In a remarkable turn around, Hagakure is actually the original cast member tied for doing the most work with Togami since he moved a couple boxes of explosives to try and get into the building. If it hadn't taken eight episodes for it to happen maybe he would have been redeemed as a character somewhat.

This one though…

My heart skipped a beat

I was pissed
Aoi and chikaki are my favorite danganronpas

let me correct that: *failed to produce a doujin that wasn't awful.

kill yourself degenerate

Yeah, basically. Naegi's strong point was being able to basically talk everyone down through trials and various downtime events. In the Future arc he had one speech and then a lot of nothing. All the new characters feel like fanfiction inserts and a lot of their murders could have been prevented.

Why are there so few doujins with Komaru?

I can agree with everything you said. Junko especially, I struggle to find a worse villain.

why does everybody in this series have the same face

because we all rook same

because she is so average

The devs treated the game like a joke and made everything from the plot to the character designs nonsense. It was annoying instead of quirky, like everything that's designed to be quirky

anime is trash kill youself

Danganronpa is only good if you stop playing the moment they start talking about the retarded as fuck 'Great tragedy' at the end of each game.

user, the great tragedy is you having played that pile of shit