Desertification

Note: If the material in this thread is too advance for Holla Forums, mods may delete, auto-sage or lock this thread.

I've been looking through different sources, and it seems that deserts are a notable concern in most part of the world. Which got me to wonder if desertification is a concern in the US?

The reason I ask is for two reasons:
1) China (followed by Africa) has led the world in fighting desertification; this has made efforts in other countries (like in parts of Russia) not be as impressive or interesting as it.
2) I know the US went through major changes after the Dust Bowl to PREVENT deserts from forming… but again, data suggests deserts are growing.

Back to the question on whether or not desertification is a problem in the US, I want to add, what are the methods to fight it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change?language=de
blog.ted.com/fighting-the-growing-deserts-with-livestock-allan-savory-at-ted2013/
lmgtfy.com/?q=the planet is getting greener
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This trigger warning makes it obvious that this is too good for here! Reddit is probably going to be more receptive!

Bump for interest

ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change?language=de

This. We didnt need a thread.

Desertification is an issue, but it's not a gigantic issue for the US. China and Africa have gigantic swaths of land that are deserts, so they need to fight against it more actively than the US, which has ample farmland, does. Watching what China does to their deserts and replicating that, if it's successful, is probably the best way to handle it for the US, because China needs to fix it way before the US will need it fixed.

Sage not because this is a non-issue, but because OP is a faggot.

>(((reverse climate change)))
Mind providing a real source now? Sage because not sure if shill saging or slide thrrad

hydroponics.

Good question OP, I don't know the answer. I certainly haven't heard anything. If the midwest were to fuck up from monoculture crops for instance, it would be bad news bears. Is the Southwest spreading? I think it's being developed and occupied more. Which means nature being replaced with concrete. Phoenix and Houston are examples of what not to do with city planning.

First of all OP (who forever will remain a faggot until the heat death of not only this universe but of every universe that will and will not exist) seems to think this board has the combined IQ of a niggerball team.
Current (((Monsanto))) approved farming practices will certainly aid in the desertification of the US. Drip irrigation helps in Africa, crop rotations (including fallow years) helped our European ancestors, designated shitting areas could help the East Indians like it did the Aztecs.
Desertification can be worsened with bad farming practices, but can be slowed with good ones.

TLDR: Fuck you OP for thinking we're some kind of half breed retarted golems.

OP
IS
A
FAGGOT

Africans just stop cutting the tree and start planting the trees like Aussies did.

Planting trees mitigates the effects of wind erosion and when their leaves or needles fall and decomposes annually it provides nutrients for the soil.

Hydroponics and drip irrigation both drastically minimize water use.

The chinks and poos waste huge amounts of water flooding their rice party fields because rice is a shit crop. If we stopped providing water to 10 million spice in Commiefornia we wouldn't be having problems there either.

Building organic matter rich soils also helps hold more water in the soil

The world is greening. Deserts are getting smaller. Global warming does not exist. Stop fucking listening to the media.

by the way, what's Holla Forums's opinion of drip irrigation and cherry tomatoes being invented by (((them)))?

That's the two things I know (((they))) invented, besides Marxism and the Holocaust.

There was this guy Allan Savory that I heard once on (((NPR))) who had been completely ostracized by the scientific community for suggesting that having natural herds of animals, either wild or owned herds that are allowed to migrate freely, would restore soil that had been damaged due to over-farming or over-grazing. If I remember correctly he was able to actually demonstrate it as well. The theory being that naturally migrating animals moved on before they destroyed grass and soil completely and left fertilizer in their wake. Months later when they returned the soil and plant life had had sufficient nutrients and time to restore itself. Unlike controlled herds that wreck the land due to over-grazing, and then more land needs to be opened up for them by burning through forest and such.

Found the TED blog that discusses his talk. Pic related.
blog.ted.com/fighting-the-growing-deserts-with-livestock-allan-savory-at-ted2013/

Not surprising in the least tbqh famalam

The insect jews that inhabit China have a desertification problem because they are raping the land to feed the locusts.

Its because they are a plague and consume all in their path.

Little bit of an understatement. We are actually losing desert in nevada, probably from a combination of constant water being pumped into ornate fountains in reno and vegas, and the disturbingly heavy snowfall in the mountains for the past three years.
That and the damn near constant brush fires, enriches the soil and ash in the air works the same way as cloud seeding.

The flooding of rice patties isn't about watering the rice, it started as an anti pest measure.

this. also see:
permaculture

Soon we can build giant blinders in space at the first Lagrangian point to halt any global warming (man made or not, apocalyptic or not) and cool down the extremely hot areas on the equator. We already have a weather station there, it won't be long now. That combined with a deliberate effort of building damns, rerouting rivers and digging irrigation canals could handle the rest. Only thing is that's expensive as fuck and there's 0 reason for us to do this for chinks or niggers. If this was a problem in white areas we could solve it easily (albeit at a high monetary cost) with modern tech.

That said the Sahara desert is what's creating the hurricanes that keep hitting the US so maybe somebody will do something about it in the near future. There's certainly a monetary incentive for it.

Reforestation, nigga.
There's a dryland out in India that's been heavily restored by a single person.

We could but why would we fucking want to?
All records, historical and archeological indicate that the earth is better(more biodiversity and greater biomass by several factors of ten) off when it's hotter.

DUH WHAT? AM THOUGHT NOT IN REDDIT.

That said the idea is a tropical earth not a desert earth.

True but obviously there's a Goldilocks climate, we don't want it too hot or too cold. With the blinders option we can assuage the climate fags and turn back to heavy industrialization and energy use which would have immense humanitarian benefits, especially in white countries where we gimp our own energy usage and way too many people hold off on having kids because they're afraid of global warming. Also as our population increases our presence on this planet will begin to heat it up, even without any CO2 greenhouse effects merely growing our food and our industrial activity generates large amounts of heat. Good to have some climate control options in the back pocket.

nu/pol/ is fucking disgusting.

Doesn’t exist at all. What we ought to be working on is irrigation to flood the Sahara and turn it back into farmland (for whites, of course).

says the assclown too ignorant to type "advanced"

It's the way of whites to worry about and maintain our natural environment. The Nat. Socs. did it, we do it, whites will always do it. Go be a nigger somewhere else.

Ideally we shouldn't have to satisfy the ignorant with bullshit flashy titanic projects that ultimately do nothing. There are easier way to preform climate control that don't cost trillions of dollars and that would give us immediate benefits and power on the ground.

Explain. I'd like to hear some alternatives.

The current climate BS programs are what cost trillions, a huge wall of shit blocking out of the sun wouldn't cost trillions to build and maintain. It could be expensive but absolutely nothing in that price range.

dams, irrigation, cloud seeding, and one from tesla's pocketbook radar/magnetic manipulation.
We could also crash meteors into the icecaps or nuke em if we want to do it really fast.

dams, irrigation, cloud seeding, and one from tesla's pocketbook radar/magnetic manipulation.
We could also crash meteors into the icecaps or nuke em if we want to do it really fast.

about that, I heard Eastern Europe is having problems with encroaching deserts

sounds sound, if he really got oztricized it would have to be because of something else OR the establishment is really fucked

Mixing solar panels and planting seems like a good idea.

Go be a kike somewhere else.

ok, why don't you turn this into a "How to create more babies?" thread

We did our fare share of polution and hunting down desired animals.
The chinese are just strping in our footsteps we left in the past

Yes totally the same. Europeans who just developed the most awesome land modifying technology the world had every seen not realizing it was possible to degrade natural capital or chinamen who have the information in front of them and continue to do it anyway.

It's not about making more babies you dumb nigger. Follow the 14 fucking words. This is day 1 shit, how the fuck do you not understand this? There's only one way the "race issue" can be solved, and before you t_d chesscucks ruined this board, everyone here knew what that solution was.

ALSO if anyone has agriculture text requests, I can scan books from local farm uni library

This can be solved easily. But there's no interest. Why would there be? Middle East could be teraformed in 100 years into Africa

Reminder that Gaddafi created the great manmade river which brought fresh water to all parts of Libya and allowed agriculture to start expanding exponentially shortly before he was murdered

Read more before making retarded claims

Theres actually a HUGE amount of interest in this in the middle east currently, especially in Saudi Arabia which is projected to run out of natural freshwater reserves within 50 years and is building massive desalination plants. Iraq also just built a large number of desalination and reverse osmosis plants and of course there is Libya

Interest from USA to do it

None of you dummies heard of the Australian govt study that shows desertification is being reversed by the extra CO2 in the atmosphere? Everyone who posted in this shit thread need to lurk 2 more years.

source pls

goddamnit i posted links to this and more just last week, but the server ate the thread

well then what are you waiting for?
polite sage

lmgtfy.com/?q=the planet is getting greener

Christkikes have a desert religion, the mentality and mode of the religion can only create me desert. All desert religions abhor nature and actively seek to destroy it. The solution is to deport all Christkikes to Jerusalem, their spiritual homeland.

at least you bumped the thread, you d&c faggot

As a pagan, go fuck yourself

that shit is so fucking destructive. who in their right minds would do this nigger tier activity.

>cherry tomatoes being invented by (((them)))
What? Got any sources on that?

Desertification is a result of nigger-tier agricultural techniques. Overgrazing and slash-and-burn agriculture are the main culprits. Niggers burn down organic matter (trees, plants) to plant in, and graze their herds on land until there's nothing green left. Fucking maggots, eating away at the flesh of the earth.

Desertification is a massive cart before the horse conspiracy. It implies that the environment is responsible for the climate and not the other way around. Does a Costa Rican rainforest produce the rain, or does the rain provide for the trees? Without the proper climate and conditions there would be no rainforest. Climate and condition is really just a matter of where you are in the world. Deserts are no exception. Death Valley and the Gobi are a result of a rain shadow. If you were to suddenly wipe out the mountains near them, their climate would change drastically. The Sahara exists due to its location as well. I forget the term, but something happens with the sun and the atmosphere that causes the air to become dry and sink down. Millions of years from now the Sahara's climate will change due to plate tectonics moving it away from that atmospheric phenomena. If I recall correctly, school textbooks place the Dust Bowl's blame squarely on humans. They fail to mention the decades long drought.

eat shit OP

You are half right. The Sahahra has actually grown do to human farming on the fertile edges. The dust bowl was caused by the 10 year drought and the fact the natural vegetation had been removed leaving the soil exposed. Though left to natural means the land will very quickly recover from farming and deforestation. Where I live in Michigan they clearcut the forests but they've mostly recovered.

Now the issue with desertification has been the perception it is irreversible so land that was fertile on the edge of the Gobi and Sahara that became desert because of nigger farming methods will never be fertile again until those millions of years pass.

The actual conspiracy of desertification is it is irreversible which has been proven to be false. Basically they realized ancient aryans taught us how to turn desert into fertile land and keep lands from turning into deserts.

The niggers is a cancer on the nature.

From my understanding, North Africa, when it was colonised by the Romans, had roads and on the sides of those roads, there were olive trees. Olive trees provided shade. Some kind of deal was set up between the natives and the Romans such that, if the olive trees were maintained, they wouldn't have to pay taxes for the road or something. Then, the Roman Empire collapsed and muslims claimed those regions and they fed the grass that was growing in those regions to their goats and, despite the centuries of work the Romans put in to developing the land, the muslims reduced it back into desert within decades or so.

So, from my understanding, land can transition both out of and into desert.

Everyone has a little good in them.

close, user. they planted olive trees along the roadway and took applications from locals along the route. the locals agreed to maintain the road in exchange for whatever fruit the olive trees produced. to take it a step further, the width between the ruts carved out by wagon wheels along those roads is the basis for the width between tracks of the standard railways of today.

that user is correct about raping the land, but he's wrong about it being a nigger tier system. whites did it too. we just learned around the dust bowl that it was a bad thing to do.

I thought the Olive trees was to guide the romans so they don't get lost.

What do you mean by this? What do you mean when you say to "take applications"? You obviously don't mean computer programs so I don't know how to interpret this.

I've never heard of that before but in a town with roads, I can't imagine truly getting lost either.

they took bids. like interviewing for a job. or like finding a carpenter to build your house. when they found someone they could trust to maintain the road, that person maintained the road and had permission to harvest the olives

People was talking about the romans planting the olive tree along the roads so I just assumed that it aid them to the right place. It turned out I am wrong.

Actually forests produce rain.
They sponge up water and large swathes of forests are proven to sustain rain in inland areas by nurturing bypassing clouds with the condensation. So yes, the rainforest does make the rain and is dependent on the rain. Its not a card before the horse and its neither a chicken and egg thing which you might implie now, as there was obviously some kind of proto-forest shrubland before which did not produce the rain but could grow to something able to produce for itself over the millenia.
Shits interconnected more then you think.

Study Australia's decades old Permaculture programs to see how they are handling growing fertile soils in a country where most soils are poor.

Also, watch this short documentary Green Gold, about restoring natural habitats to over-grazed, over-used land that turned to deserts.

That makes sense. Sorry about that.

All is well.

no worries, user

It's called shrinkflation. They already do it with junk/packaged food. It's also covers for inflation, keeps the appearance things are normal.

Increasing atmospheric CO2 combats this, plants use less water if they have abundant CO2.

So yeah, just keep doing what we are doing and let the chinks poison their own clay.

Yeah, in the turd world.

According to my profs in my Forestry school that seems to be the case according to data from the last three decades and it's nearly the consensus among local experts. I did not know that permaculture was so controversial in other countries.

Niggers. Duh. Which is why nigger areas are becoming desertified while white areas are growing in vegetation.

Is this the quality of American education?
Yea, only an american would think pollution in china wouldn't effect the rest of the world.

shill harder, faggot

When will you faggots drop this failed shilling tactic?

The Abbos burned Australia to the ground. Reddit has taught me that they would rather have a desert continent than the address the elephant in the room.

Abbos did it for a reason and managed to survive in the desert after the fact.