Halo: Other M

Halo: Other M

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/Kiki_Wolfkill
archive.is/YqjDq
halo.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge/9nblggh51mwp#system-requirements
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Look at this pouty Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Patent. Probably took more dicks than your average sodomite took poz loads.

Are we excited for Halo 5 Forge on PC coming out on the 8th lads?

Also reminder that Halo 3 had the best multiplayer

you couldn't fit "cuck" in there too while trying to fit in here?

that being said "kiki wolfkill" is this for fucking real?

BR 4 SHOT VETO SNOWBOUND OR GET OUT MY CLAN

fucking early online

That's a lot of buzzwords

halopedia.org/Kiki_Wolfkill

I'm all for "finding yourself" but what the fuck…

not that console owners deserve any better.

Don't mean to be le reddit unpopular opinion and all of that gay shit, but we do all agree that Halo 1-3 and ODST are good, casual fun. Right?

I don't think Halo is good at all, but I am not going to hold anything against someone who enjoys them.

Reach gets to join the club as long as it brings it's vast collection of armour designs.

i can agree with that

reach was shit sorry fukboiz

i had a lot of fun with halo 3, i won't pretend i didn't just to get brownie points on Holla Forums

No. It's a bad simplified console shooter.

There is nothing that can rationalize these unforgivable features but nostalgia.

End it all.

Also this.

They did stuff like changing enemy spawns and increasing the speed of projectiles fired at you. Not to mention how both allies and enemies get better ai at higher difficulties

Fucking summer.

Halo doesn't need any help being a cancerous piece of shit series. It's been one since the very first game.

Is that her actual name? Sounds like a name you'd used in counter strike to pound newbs.

kill me pete

archive.is/YqjDq

I wonder why the games all got worse huh.

Why'd you need to announce that?
Just to see if your opinion is actual valid or not?
You're right, they're not bad, but you don't need Holla Forums confirmation.
Irony. Also,

Pretty sure you don't say something like that to see if your opinion is valid, but rather as a jab/standing your ground given the history of people bitching at any mention of Halo.

Where the flying fuck do you see that in his post?
Tossing out ">Holla Forums is one person" is its own kind of cancer.

I liked all Halos up until 4

Me too, the multiplayer was even breety fun. Bro gamers and kids are kinda annoying but you can play with the audio for people on mics off. Thats a good option with most console shooters.

there is non-regenerating health under your shields, and collect medpacks in most of the games
exactly two enemy weapons hitscan, all others can be dodged
>difficulty increase just makes enemies stronger and you weaker, making gameplay even more of a drag
Here is a list of all the things that change with high difficulty: halo.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary

No big deal if you don't like it but get your facts straight

Those dubs don't lie.

(Nice)
Those numbers

only if they rewrite the plot

Fucking summer.

I always wondered what happened to the girl from the Blair Witch Project.

oh great, looks like we got a ==WINTERFAG==

I enjoyed all the Bungie Halo's.

2 was by far the weakest.

For me it was
1>3>Reach>ODST>2

4 was so awful, I started the campaign but never finished it.
It was terrible, a huge slap in teh face to any one who enjoyed the series lore.

It's her stripper name

wew, you're only digging yourself in a deeper hole

[green] >not using the legendary black text [/green]
I'd say I pity you but that'd be a lie.

Thanks for the new bait friend

you too faggggg

>They're remaking reach into halo 5
>Reach never again
I shouldn't be this upset over a potato chip shooter I play when I'm too drunk to play better games, but I am.

halo 1 health system was the best in my opinion, a mix of regen and health-pickups,
much harder to find redeemable, maybe forces you to be strategic with your ammo/encounter? I don't really know, I think the system of enemies and allies dropping all of their ammo they had for their weapons made ammo conservation unrealistic in all situations except maybe against the flood.
I think that's to incentivize the use of vehicles, in multiplayer at least, also you have a fairly high jump and can use explosives as boost.
autoaim for consolebabbies, while inexcusable on a pc perspective is a necessity on consoles.
different halos had different designs and oftentimes tied into the story, you can boil any FPS level to being a series of corridors and fighting spaces, even doom. If halo was an RPG than I'd be singing a different tune but halo knows what it wants to be.
it also modifies the AI behaviors, makes more enemies spawn, etc. I don't understand how else you can really make difficulty different when you're in an FPS.

We can just skip the cutscenes and put an audiobook of Fall of Reach over all the dialogue.

also anyone that says halo is "slow" I'm really skeptical of because you can combine grenade/rocket jumping and bunny hopping to fly across maps.

How? It's like a vegan going to a sushi bar.

Only thing missing about this is Crowbcat doing a Destiny video, they completely fucked off with everything there and people being disgusted over how Marty was handled.

Bungie and Halo is dead.

How did Halo have more going for it than expected? Especially with the devs, looking at what Bungie did with the first 3 Halos is pretty cool.

Reach was shit anyway.
Death of the series for me. Shitty generic shooter with no food and horrible teammates who all died in retarded ways

you need to add, that the tougher enemies tend to already be tougher

an elite minor will be weaker than a elite major on normal

the higher up in difficulty you go in halo, the lesser ranks were replaced with higher ranks and more guys

also a bit of fun knowledge, halo's 2 weapon limit is NOT a hard coded limit, however to bypass this limit you would need to add blank spaces to the cyborg.biped file for EVERY level

Plus, while slow compared to shit like Doom, you still move pretty fast, over all.
Doom and such had autistic levels of speed, you ask me, anyway. Good for arcady shooters, but not much else, in my opinion. I like something a little more grounded, but not horrible like Call of Duty went with. Mostly, though, that's due to the sprint function. In Halo, you are already sprinting, basically.

true, and I know there are certain exploits in 1 where you get 3 weapons, the most famous one being in the pillar of autumn but I think there are others too.
sucks that halo 2 was practically dead on arrival on PC.

Reach had the most enjoyable multiplayer.
Invasion was my shit.

It also didnt go full Cawadooty mode until 4.
In Reach not every class had the Sprint ability.

Every ability was pretty useful, with the exception of the Hologram one which was very situational.

Invasion was pretty awesome, I only imagine how much more aweseom it could have been if it were on PC and allowed larger battles and bigger maps.

It's not on the level of something like Quake, but it's alright, if only because other shooters have since lowered the bar by a considerable amount.

This. Pretty much all of the Bungie-made Halo games are good.

Reach(barely)>3>2>ODST>1

I do understand why some people dislike Reach compared to 3 (Though I don't quite get how people can say it's the worst Halo) however I absolutely love its art design, soundtrack, forge, and multiplayer. The story was alright imo, I absolutely love that they included Spartan IIIs in the game, though narrative-wise Noble team could have just been a team of pure Spartan IIs and it would have had very little effect on the overall plot.

fucking debate me, faggot.

It's not the "worst" per-se, it's still a fun and good game. However my nostalgia for Halo 1 doesn't keep me from saying the later games were better.

Halo CE was, in my opinion, the best. It's a game I routinely play to this day, and still get a lot of fun or of it. Mostly doing the campaign, mind. Multiplayer, in all honesty, was lackluster. This is really more due to not having Xbox live, back then though, since my only frame of reference is split screen with friends, or ages later PC multiplayer servers.

Halo 2 had a shit story, decent multiplayer. Main thing that keeps it good is the gameplay, in my mind. Halo 2 had the most interesting missions and maps for the campaign. Tri-weilding needlers was amazing in multiplayer. Map pack they released later was also really fun and added a lot of neat stuff.

Halo 3 had shit story and campaign gameplay. But what saves it is the multiplayer. Custom maps and modes meant you could do anything, and for some reason, their matchmaking algorithm was really good so no match felt too easy or too hard.

ODST was atmospheric as fuck, had an awesome story, and was generally neat. Too small, though. I blame Microsoft for that. From what I understand, it was intended to be an expansion, not a full game, but contract shit forced their hand.
Still, considering it wasn't full games price 60$, or at lest it seems which to have dropped that, it was pretty good. Firefight was awesome, but I was a mite disappointed by the lack of any other multiplayer or forge mode.

Reach a shit. Was boring, and otherwise basically just Halo 3

I can see why since Halo CE had some really "eh" level design, especially when you go through all the levels in reverse order.

Reach's expanded Firefight by all means should have been better than ODST's, but for some reason I just didn't find it as fun. I couldn't really place why. The maps I guess?

yeah CE was great for its time, but the other games definitely have it beat in level design and general game mechanics. Reach was pretty much the perfect blend of 3 and 1 for me.

Most of Reach's multiplayer was just recycled Halo 3 shit, though, with the single reception being armor abilities, which really was just a slightly shittier version of the equipment bits you had in 3.
That and loadouts, I guess, but of you like loadouts you are a faggot.

Invasion was pretty much the only interesting thing they did. Even then, though, it just felt like an overglorified Slayer, with one team being stuck with crap weapons.
Though, that said, most weapons in the game were shit anyway, so it ain't saying much

Combination of the maps, weapons, and who you play as.
Maps in ODST were better designed for the sort. Guns in ODST felt satisfying, and did actual damage. Add to that, despite being most functionally Spartans, ODST feel weaker, making reach battle feel like a back-against-the-wall struggle with no hope of survival.
Basically, it mostly boils down to "atmosphere".

one was a self-contained story, two eliminated the health-pack system to fully use regen, duel wielding was only effective when you were using the SMG's or needlers, nothing felt like it had heft to it unlike in halo (personal opinion) the flood was turned into generic badguy #37 and the gravemind made next to no logical sense in both games it appeared in. three removed the duel wielding aspect instead of improving it, but probably had the best multiplayer.

but I do agree that 1 wasn't the perfect game, the backtracking filler 3 levels were bullshit and was implemented because bungie didn't have an extra 6 months or whatever deadline they were denied. Also having no marine support was bullshit in the second half of the game. The lore alone suggested that there marines on the truth and reconciliation and they had pockets of resistance all around the halo until it was destroyed.

Two's story suffered from sequelitis and they promoted halo 3 in the expense of two's final levels, it also suffered from the gravemind being a bonafied retard and the entire plot hinging around the prophet's retarded ass decision and the entire earth fleet AND their orbital bombardment structures being defeated despite the fact that if you look over the lore, the prophet's fleet of only 20 ships should have been decimated as soon as they got within range of the SMAC ring.

three was a bit less retarded, but still really deus ex machina which doesn't work for anyone except the MC, it's counterproductive for a shield world that manufactures more halos to be outside of the Orion arm when the whole point of the halo array, which its job was to make sure there were more of, need to be in the Orion arm to activate properly in the first place.

I don't know, going in reverse, you start with the strongest level in the bunch, the Maw.
But, I suppose if you didn't okay the story before, it might not hold the same impact.

Tribes 2 > Every goddamn FPS

How does this pic make you feel ?

For me at least halo ended on 3 despite that secret ending. Halo is dead m8s

Dual-wielding was still in 3, you're probably thinking of Reach. They actually added some more weapons to use with both hands, so it has a little more variety, but still pretty shit.

yeah I am, sorry I haven't played too much of three, so my analysis really hinges on reach and halo 1/2
also there was no reason not to use brute weapons, they were just better in every situation. want to have an explosion? don't use a needler-combo, just use the brute shot and its attached energy-sword melee equivalent. want to out-DPS a shotgun? use the Spiker, now with a shot-lite (tm) blade underhand! brute plasma was just better as long as you didn't spray but it didn't even matter because you can just out-DPS everything before that becomes a concern

If it removes loadouts then it is allowed

Yes indeed, they started some trends that became absolute cancer and they weren't really good to begin with in the game (mainly the regenerating shield thing) but despite that they have some excellent variety in the enemies and weapons that most FPS games have yet to match. Solid 7/10 games until Reach.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Halo really pioneered the idea of regenerating health. Or, more accurately, I'm not sure if Halo is to blame for popularizing it. In Halo, we have a regenerating shield bar and a health bar, the shield bar will always regenerate to full if given enough time, while the health bar requires a medkit to recover at all. This allows players to play like the juggernauts Spartans are supposed to be but also makes sure that health remains an important mechanic. This is how it is in every halo game, though in 2 and 3 Bungie decided to make the health bar invisible for some reason. This is already different from the majority of modern FPS games in a major way: Most modern FPS games like COD don't bother with the two systems and make them a single system where you have a health bar that regenerates. Games like COD and Medal of Honor are the ones that popularized this particular system and we can all agree it's shitty. Halo may have created the idea of a regenerative system but other shooters developed and popularized what we see today.

Another big difference is that in most shooters you regenerate health for no particular reason, that's just supposed to be "how things work". However, in Halo there is a well-defined and logical reason for the regenerating shield bar that is given in-game. So at least Halo can come up with a good reason to have the mechanic.

Until someone cracks it to work on Windows 7, I'll stick with ElDewrito

It's the culmination of participant ribbons. Everybody is a winner.

If Quantum Break is anything to go by, I doubt they'll try pulling this again.

Kiki Wolfkill is the kind of name I'd expect for an Icelandic person, not an American.

Well, at least we got the really great SPV3 project for Halo 1 PC, something to throw into the faces of the console audiences and all.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've never owned and xbox so I've only played Halo1 and halo russian version translated to english online

Better without the autoaim cheats, very slow pacing and not chained to hardware that was garbage then and totally useless now. But sure. In many ways it was less braindead than the trendy AAA franchises of today, at least.

Halo is good in its own way as a console fps. In fact, it's the best at it. Its leverage over Timesplitters is the great lore, the iconic characters, the better aiming mechanics (remember that Future Perfect just copied Halo's aiming instead of using the same aiming mechanic from TS2) and it paved the way for machinima. It's no Doom or Quake, but it runs laps around CoD, Black and other console-based FPS games. Think of it like how Halo Wars is the best RTS to exist on a console but it's still inferior to Dawn of War.

Am I the only one who cried? Halo was my childhood and adolescence.

HAHAHA
Me too.

It's always weird to go back to the old vidya crowd and see them compared to the new one. Old journalists and developers were these nerdy white and asian dudes concerned with gameplay and making things fun and having fun… then we fast forward to today and it's normalfags out the ass who barely even say one word about gameplay.

Old Bungie looks like a team of friends working on a passion project while 343 looks like business men and liberals that love to sniff at their own farts.

It's sad it all had to go so wrong.

I'm in the same boat as you man. Shit made me real sad. Not just because of Halo but this video shows how the entire industry has changed since the early 2000s.

Alright, crowb; while you're here, how much of that ungrounded electrical noise was added in?

Same boat.
At least I can play Halo CE on the PC now.
It isn't the same, but it at least mends some of the pain I feel every time I see where it's going.
A long time ago, I had hoped Halo would get as many games as Final Fantasy. I deeply regret that wish. Should've stopped at ODST

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge/9nblggh51mwp#system-requirements

It's been released early

Have fun

holy fucking shit what kind of mad man would solder their mouse and keyboard into their computer?

The dubs of truth prevail.

same kind of retards who play Halo, they probably bought a gaming laptop

Let's Play who's Bungie, and who's 343.

That buzzing was there the entire fucking time except while Jun Senoe was playing.

That stream was the biggest clusterfuck.

Crush 40 almost saved it but Johnny completely botched his singing and seemed to be drunk off his ass

Halo was my childhood too user but I'm not a massive cry baby faggot. I've also accepted everything is shit and that things are not going to get better.

It seems like the difference is a beard and extended growth or loss of hair

3rd pic's face and head look fucking weird like he got his face ripped off and had really good reconstructive surgery but you can still kind of tell that his face got ripped off

I was thinking that myself. It's got a sort of odd curve to it that makes it not look natural. Like his structure behind it is just wrong.

Is that guy jewish? I'm not trying to derail this into Holla Forums, it's just that his face looks weird and I can't tell what he is.

I have somehow managed to completely miss all the Halo games. But the video kind of got me interested in their singleplayers, are they any good?

Halo CE-ODST are.
No more otherwise. Reach a shit, and 343 crap is even worse.

Good for console shooters, no doubt about that. It's sort of hard to compare Halo to other shooters on the PC because Halo was made specifically for consoles, and they did a good job addressing the limitations of their platform and making something fun in the process.

still shit compared to most PC First-Person Shooters in my opinion.

The first guy left Bungie before they had to rewrite Destiny from scratch less than a year before launch. He's back at Microsoft writing Halo novels about the Covenants.

You could've posted a pic of Tom French from 343 and his epic beard. He made Forge great again.

Bungie was poorly run and not very good at what they were doing. But they were enthusiastic and had a vision. When they lost that vision they had absolutely nothing to offer anyone. Apathy is death.

SPv3 was a disappointment

A10 and A30 felt ok, but the rest where just standard BSPs with no real flavour added aside from new graphics

also the encounters were poor, Masterz and what he calls CMT (most of the original CMT is long gone) needs to fix their shit

also AoCtR crashes at the 2nd chasm transition

We did have Halo 2 on the PC though, it worked fine on Windows 7. Near the end of GFWL some Halo 2 group was giving away thousands of copies of the game to try and keep playercounts up. I unfortunately didn't get to play too much online since a few weeks later GFWL shut down, but modders like Halo CE and the Gamespy shutdown could probably fix it.

If you're referring to Halo 3 on PC instead, look up ElDewrito.

It was the closest the games ever came to the cool ass shit that was in the books

They're fun if you give them the chance. Good setting and gameplay that works within the limitations of a console shooter. You won't get something as good as the genre can give, but it's worth the time you invest.

4 literally gave my friend cancer. He was diagnosed with cancer literally the month Halo 4 released.

He survived.

THIS

Flying around in a Sabre was the coolest shit.

What did I miss? Was that "Windows 10 exclusive" just bullshit or was a workaround easily made?