Gaming PC Build Thread

All right guys, i've got $700~$750. I want a computer that can play most modern game at least at medium settings, if not high this doesn't count ultra-intensive stuff like Witcher 3, Crysis, etc.

But, I also need a keyboard and monitor figured into the $700~$750 price range. My laptop is a piece of junk with a display that's nearly out of commission, I have to hook it up via HDMI to my TV to do anything on it

tits pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
logicalincrements.com/monitors
logicalincrements.com/keyboards
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace
pcpartpicker.com/list/cGRQ6X,
pcpartpicker.com/list/HdKY9W
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FAPS1XW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

From the thumbnail on the catalog I thought whatever those plants were meant to be a massive fart cloud

Pick 'em up yourself, m8

logicalincrements.com/
logicalincrements.com/monitors
logicalincrements.com/keyboards

Why?

The dumb remark mixed with the screwed up grammar makes me think you wrote this while blazed as fuck.

you can run modern games for $400 or less on medium/high on consoles.

You may want to consider what actually looks good to you. Do you play new western multiplats primarily? You're going to either want a cheap console or a high end PC considering the ports are getting worse and worse. Do you play older games? Do you really need that $300 GPU or will the games you want to play run acceptably on a $150 GPU? Do you do anything else? What do you spend the majority of your time on the computer doing? Browsing? Using a variety of applications ranging from image editing, compiling code, encoding content, etc.

PC gaming has lost its high end appeal, so it's hard to really justify spending a lot on it these days. Weigh your options and look at the games that interest you. The biggest PC games coming out have late xbox/early 360 tier graphics, so you really shouldn't need a high end machine for it.

Use pcpartspicker for keeping track of prices.

I hate to say it, but reddit is honestly a great place for getting resources to build a pc. Try /r/buildapc and /r/buildapcsales. Just read around for a few days to get a good idea of current hardware.

I suggest:

1. i5-4690 or i5-6600 Intel processor. They require different types of motherboards; The i5-6600 is newer so it's probably better for future-proofing, but their performance is virtually the same.
2. A 1 TB hard drive. If you want really fast loading times, you may want to invest in a SSD.
3. A good video card. This is the most important part in determining your computer's video game performance. A Nvidia GTX 950 can probably play Witcher 3 on low/medium at 30 FPS at least, anything better is more than enough. Video cards fit into pretty much any motherboard. I heard Radeon cards are pretty good.
4. 8 GBs ram
5. Case
6. Most cpus come with a cooler so you probably won't need one, but if you're buying an intel K series, which allows overclocking, you'll need it.
7. Motherboard. Make sure it's compatible with your processor and your RAM. Get one that allows you to overclock if you're using a processor that allows it.
8. Power supply. Don't be too cheap with this.
9. Monitor, keyboard, mouse
10. Operating system, you could probably pirate one
11. Wifi adapter if you want wireless. Most motherboards already come with wired adapters.
12. Optical drive if you want to insert CDs.
13. Sound card and speakers maybe. A sound card isn't really necessary, and speakers aren't needed if you intend to just use headphones all the time.

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace
best of luck, but don't come back
bye

posting more delicious meat

oh wow thanks! I'll look through all these and plug it in to PCPartPicker.

I'd definitely want some future-proofing. Not gonna be doing any sort of overlclocking, just playing games and jerking off.

why wouldn't you build your own pc? You can put better things in it for similar/cheaper prices than the shit you'd get from a pre-built one.

looking at CPUs, are games consider heavy threaded or light threaded? Or does it just depend on the game?

man, you're poor,
get a AMD build since a good intel one at that price range is impossible unless you plan to buy the gpu a month or 2 later

remember that all the skylake cpu's have a integrated gpu,so you can play simple 3d games

also, get all componets except hdd/ssd secondhand, then you can prob. a skylake setup or its predecessor for cheap

delicious tittays btw

>>>/cuckchan/

-RX480, 200 dollars
-i5-4690 220 dollars
-8GB Ram DDR3, Kingston is aight should be around 50-80 dollars
-A good 70 dollar PSU, get 500W or above
-1TB HDD shouldnt be more than 60 dollars
-A decent 30 dollar M+KB bundle should do
-160 dollars should get you a 1920x1080 res monitor with a 60+ refresh rate
This should be of your liking OP
My rig is pretty much the same aside from the CPU which is an i3570K which I OC during the winter and an old 1440x900 TV which I used to save some money.

Good luck

Shit, forgot the MOBO
Just get a decent 100 dollar one thats compatible with your CPU and try to save up on what I recommendes somehow.

Assuming you mean i5 3570K, I also have one. How much do you benefit from overclocking? I've been tempted to try but so far I've found 3.8ghz to be good.

op your dumb you need at least 2k to build a decent gaming pc lol

$8/hr doesn't go far when I only get 30 hour weeks. I could probably save another paycheck or two though to make it all meet.

I noticed on LI that AMD stuff was surprisingly cheap. Like the R9 380 has similar performance to the GTX960, but is about $40 cheaper. wish I had a Microcenter…

I threw this together using LI as a guide: pcpartpicker.com/list/cGRQ6X, It still definitely needs refinement I'm sure. I know I want a fully modular power supply, because I'm a lazy fuck. Plus I helped/watched my buddy build a PC with a non-module PSU, and it was like a vision from hell

they are delicious. I love Cait's style.

there's bundles that cheap? for a backlit keyboard even?
That looks like a pretty decent list though! I'll sift around between that and the list I posted, especially for that keyboard/mouse combo (though, I do already have wireless mouse.)

GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

PLEASE ITS BEEN 9 YEARS SINCE I UPGRADED IM SO FUCKING POOR FUCK THIS ECONOMY

Not much, I just do it to fuck around with a shitton of mods on Gmod, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, GTA V and New Vegas at a decent FPS
Just stick with Turbo clock if you think your cooling aint enough.

>>>/reddit/

Get a fucking job you goddamned NEET

Id advise against it since its much more expensive and not much more tidy.
Ill probably get flak for shilling for Logitech, but they usually sell some cheap bundles and the material is pretty good.
Stay the fuck away from anything "Gamer".

Also, dont forget some headphones, you can probably get some decent ones at 30 dollars.
Relating to that, stay the fuck away from anything that has the Microsoft brand aside from Keyboards.

Why do they even make these anymore?? Pic related is a drawing of what I had to do to corral cables in my PC from five years ago because it had about eight cables I didn't need in an already crowded case. Improved performance by around 50% just by the better airflow.

nice rebuttal but if ur spending 500 bucks on a pc to get shit performance youll be fed up with it and have to upgrade by next year. or u could do it right the first time and get a badass rig that will las you ten years. plebs like u should just stick to consols lol

I found a nice $30 M+KB from Cooler Master the keyboard is even backlit. I'm happy And the mouse I'm using now is kinda shit anyway, I hate that I accidentall keep hitting the page forward/back buttons on the side of it. Pic-related is the mouse i'm currently using. Granted, It is larger and fits my hand better than my previous mouse, some shitty $15 logitech. but leaving the LEDs on completely drains the battery in no time. So that stays off

Headphones I've got already, they're earbuds for when I do yardwork and shit, but I've yet to find a pair of comfy headphones that actually sit on your head.

I just avoid Microsoft all-together anyway.

Go homeless and amass a fuckton of money, use it to move somewhere with better jobs and stay homeless until you can mortgage a house or some shit. Make sure you like your job.

I always find mice with batteries run out really quickly no matter what I do. Annoyed me enough so that I went back to using wired mice.

so modular is the way to go. Got it. Last thing I want is shitty-looking cables everywhere, especially ones i'm not using.

My experience with wireless mouses has been pretty good, only needing to change the battery(ies) once every few months or so. Thought if I weren't on a laptop, I'd use a wired optical mouse.

Hopefully Vulkan support on Loonix will be good by then. WINE for older stuff and Vulkan for newer stuff.

that's actually good advice reddit has pretty good info and support on tech subjects since they have lots of subreddits dedicated to doing it for free in exchange of karma

Should I build a whole pc or just upgrade my gpu?

s'cool
just get a new gpu and if you still have spare money more ram or an extra hard drive. Only then a CPU

Still good mayne. Just upgrade the GPU.

Speccy thread? I got my class-action shekels.

All right Holla Forums, how'd I do?
pcpartpicker.com/list/HdKY9W

And since we're posting specs.

This. You shill fags might get your sand in a twist about reddit, but those fuckers now how to build a cost efficient pc on the cheap.

/pcmasterrace -> builds is a good place to go, next gen crusher last time I checked.

inb4 'cucks!', 'le reddit', 'shills'

You really didn't have any pc stuff before (keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor etc)?

I would have used that money to get a better HDD. Maybe a SSHD, had my eye on them for a while.

Nope, I got a mouse. But it's a battery-guzzling piece of shit, and I have no keyboards, so that M+KB combo works out for me. Don't have any monitors or speakers either.

HDD's suit my needs just fine, I am aware how nice SSDs are, and how quick they load. I'll probably upgrade to SSD later in the future when they're cheaper But for my purposes, HDDs are good enough.

Okay, but what gpu. I was considering 250 range. And what's a good forum for spoonfeeding retards.

Gosh dang cait looks so good from thumbnails but then you open it.

people will get triggered but reddit is not bad for tech advice. On most forums users are jaded and will just refuse to help you and call you a retard but on reddit they gotta keep that karma up so they'll spoonfeed you and help you with anything fast and for free hoping to get some upboats

by the way you don't fit in, go back to reddit yourself

As in, something that costs $250?

The GTX 1060s are finally topping out at $250 now, EVGA being my favorite manufacturer.

computer stores on argentina are fucking retarded i'll never understand how they get those pricings

I got an RX 480 4GB for £209 britbongians. 470 best value card on the market I think. Nvidia's 1060 3GB card to compete with it is apparently a rushed hack job of a card because they were butthurt that AMD was tapping into a market that they never realised still existed… the budget market. Turns out not everyone wanted the latest 500+ GPU. Who knew.

If you can, go wired. I got this amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FAPS1XW

It's budget as fuck but everything you'd need for high performance gaming. Rebind software has some issues, I could only rebind 1 button on it. Rest are default and kinda shit.

Reminds me of this, every time.

The only reason I haven't gone wired is because i'd keep running into the wire while trying to use it. That doesn't look like a shabby mouse though.

Don't fall for the common traps like spending far too much on a case for pretty LEDs or plastic viewing windows. SSDs are also not essential. Logical increments starts recommending both expensive cases and SSDs far too early so you can save a lot of cash there.

For keyboards either get something cheap or spend some cash on a good mechanical keyboard (quiet or loud based on personal preference). Anything else is a waste of cash for prettiness. Avoid anything Razer, obviously.

Also logical increments is too GPU focussed. In my experience you're better spending more on the CPU+Mobo since that's what limits you when it comes to upgrading. GPUs also drop in price far faster.

I mean for fucks sake why would you drop $70 on an SSD with a fucking i3 CPU? That's some idiotic prioritisation there.

I want to get a second monitor, preferably a 120/144hz one. I checked logical increments and I'm curious what the differences between the Asus VG248QE and BenQ XL2411Z are, they seem identical.

I am going full fucking force in building my next pc after I hopefully become a lecturer.

I am mainly thinking of upgrading because my rig does not handle multiplayer SupCom and I believe that my processor chip is shit for emulation. Anyways, I want to play at the highest settings and ensure that there are no problems running games unless they are programmed by fuckwads like nu-male sky. Is it worth it to buy, say, two gtx 1080 for example?

i was thinking of getting a 1024x768/800x600/1280x1024 crt monitor because this 16:9 thing isn't my thing

Maybe if you use a fancy expensive mouse with features you don't need. I just use one of those Amazon Basics mice and I don't have to change out batteries too often and it's easy to turn on and off to save battery power. A single pair of AAA batteries will last probably 2-3 months with that mouse so I enjoy using that option.

/thread

Only high setting on a console will be auto aim or motionblur.
is different for someone who has been forced to play on shit settings without ability to influence anything and someone who could customise his visual settings.
Not everyone loves buzzword gaming. So no, PCs have never lost the "high end appeal" since consoles have never stopped being 15-30 fps, motion blur, chromatic aberration, FXAA etc, shalom fellow goyim, have a "free" game pieces of shit

3/10 shilling, didn't even make his own opinion, just pasted random shit
Also