Hey Holla Forums let's talk about Panzer Dragoon and why there aren't more games in a setting like it...

Hey Holla Forums let's talk about Panzer Dragoon and why there aren't more games in a setting like it. Let's talk about the music, the excellent scenarios and the incredible flow the levels have. If there's ever a new game what do you want to see from it?

Also why did Starfox Zero fail to do what the original Panzer Dragoon did 20 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

sensics.com/notes-from-the-zero-latency-free-roam-vr-gameplay/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only played zwei, but that was pretty awesome. the music in particular. saturn emulation is a thing now, so i'd encourage everyone that likes lightgun shooters to try it.
as far as i'm aware the xbox 360 sequel wasn't very popular - which probably means that we wont get a new game anytime soon.

it's a rail shooter, not a light gun shooter. Also Orta is on the Xbox, not the 360. Also if you haven't played the original I strongly urge you to check it out, it's a tremendous game.

yeah, but chances are that fans of lightgun shooters will also like panzer dragoon.
will do, i own a saturn, so i'll probably buy the original sometime

You may want to consider getting an AR cart, flashing it with Pseudo Saturn and just having burned copies of games to play. It'll make playing games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Cotton 2 reasonable. Also, if you have Orta, I do believe that has the original game in it.

I think I can see what you mean? Good design is universal and can be appreciated by any one, but I don't think it's really apt to bring up a rather notably different genre. To me, comparing it to any other rail shooter like Star Fox, Panzer Dragoon stands out at a remarkable level.

hard to deny it's got some of the best music in a game ever. Very uniquely stylized too. Fits the biological-technical monstrosities in the game.

Panzer Dragoon is great and all, and Orta is easily the best or second best, but let's talk about how CRIMSON DRAGOON RUINED THE SERIES

why would an unrelated game ruin a series it has nothing to do with?

"Spiritual successor"

That's how I saw it advertised on some shitty website.

Anyway Panzer Dragoon IP is dead.

They lost the goddamned source code for the old games.

that's a shame, sure, but the original games still exist. A lot of great games with a long legacy have had their source code lost. We can still play, appreciate and talk about the great things these games did regardless of the status of that code.

We could. Sadly it's very hard to play Genesis games, and Orta was an xbox game. Also impossible to emulate.

Not easy for new blood to pick up these games.

I have a copy of Orta, but I moded my Xbox and for some reason both Orta and GunValkyrie are playable but do not save. I don't understand why.

I've done a lot of Xbox modding but never had this issue. Check your E:/ partition storage, it may be full.

Genesis is a very easily emulated system (unless you mean Saturn, since this is a Saturn game!) but you do not necessarily need to emulate. I strongly suggest playing on the original hardware for the newer systems. There's a sense of exclusivity and appreciation you lose when people can just emulate a game regardless of how accurate it is - and they pass judgement based on their emulated experience.

It's weird, it only happen with those two sega games. I've been playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy first from disc and latter from the HDD without any problems. It only happens with these titles form all my collection.
Seems like they only save on the HDD, I wonder if this is a reason.

I got an xbawks for Panzer Dragoon Orta. And some other games, but mainly orta.

It can play on the 360, iirc.

I've heard there's some issues with the 360's support for Orta.

what kind of mod is your xbox running? Also are you playing orta from the hdd?

I am using Alladin, is that the right name of the chip?
I tried both disc and HD. And I found the same error in both situations. And again, what I find amazing is the fact that the problem only happens with these two sega games. No other game in my collection have these problems.

I've only used soft mods, and have not had that issue, I'm running the xbox unleashed dash.

also my xbox revision is a 1.1 (1.6's have video issues with orta/gun valkyrie at 480p)

The games run without any problems, they just don't save.

I'm just trying to help you diagnose the issue and see if there's a solution. Which dash are you running? I just played through the first level, saved & exited and upon loading the game my save was still present. My Xbox is just a soft modded 1.1 model running unleashX dash. It's a great game, so I think it would be a shame if you couldn't finish it for this reason.

Yeah, I know, I'm happy with the help. I bought it modded with modchip. But I changed the HDD myself, and I think I didn't made a great job at it. If I hold the power button, I get to the custom dash, it's EvoX with XBMC. But if I just turn it on, I get an error message, I think it's error 21.

yes, that error comes from the system trying to unlock the hard drive and then lock it (it's part of the xbox's cold boot sequence). Since you have a hard modded xbox, it will read unlocked drives, which is extremely beneficial on its own (the Xbox I sent Mark had the same thing.)

Have you tried FTPing to the console? It's very easy, and it makes managing the system a breeze. You can FTP over unleash X to play with it, and see how you like it instead. I always suggest this dashboard because of its clean UI, customizable UI, power user support and still being very accessible for newbie users. EvoX is one of the original modded dash boards and while Unleash X is based off of it, it's much more refined to the point it's hard to compare them.

Yeah, FTP works fine with Filezilla. That's how I add mame and rooms and some games too. You can also install games from the disk, it takes time but works.

I bring up FTPing over UnleashX because it may be that your version of EvoX has issues with running the save manager which may be causing those smilebit games to fail saving.

It could come back in arcade form. Sega has left the consumer market for high end arcades and is doing pretty well. One of their newer group VR games has a 6 week waiting list for it. They're sticking to the Asia region though so nobody knows about it. Those are alienware laptops with batteries in the backpack, provides around 45 minutes of use.

sensics.com/notes-from-the-zero-latency-free-roam-vr-gameplay/

A VR headset on a motorized platform to simulate flying isn't too far fetched. A new game on the garbage that are modern consoles would be a waste and thankfully isn't in production.

Sega hasn't abandoned the consumer market, they produce some of the best selling console games in Japan.

Really? I tried to insert saves once but it didn't work too. But, you think if I run unleashx over Evox it might work?

I think it's possible it may fix the issue. I really can't say for sure. Also Xbox's encode saves to the systems unique ID (which at the time was used for differentiating xbox live accounts.)

Try downloading the latest unleash X and give it a try. You just go to the file manager, navigate to the unleashx folder, and select default.xbe (or it may be called evoxdash.xbe.) It'll launch the dash so you can play with it, change skins, etc. (setting the system to boot into it by default is a bit more work.) It's just a guess on my part. I'm trying to get you closer to what my system uses and it may be a solution to your problem.

If your enjoyment of a game is based on the fact that other people don't have the means to play it then you should consider suicide.

But is it any better than a few years ago?

seems that way. some time ago an user made a thread about saturn emulation - which he was just getting started with though - and i didn't notice any real problems in his video captures. you will probably run into problems sooner or later, since its still emulation after all and the saturn is an insanely complicated piece of hardware, but as a whole it seems to be worth a try.
also its free and the saturn and its library never get the praise they deserve

Wow. I would actually play that. Pity you couldn't dodge with the dragon (maybe?)

SSF is pretty much perfect, I haven't had any trouble at all with any game I've played so far.

doesn't the ground disappear in cotton 2 lol

someone stopped reading a bit early there