Games that only require half your attention

I have a job where I have a lot of micropauses of a minute or two and only access to my computer, what games can I play that can be pick up and put down quickly? Emulating Persona 3 is the best thing I've found on my own.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/251150/
subvert.pw/s/
openxcom.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those clicker games, pokemon, turn based games, RPGs

Your mom

X3

##S H IT ON

I've been playing Mobius Final Fantasy in between phone calls for work

Pokemon takes just a bit too much attention, I tried those first. Clicker games are the opposite and it doesn't kill the hum drum. Thinking about turnbased games, any suggestions?

I'm taking calls as well, any other recomendations? Thanks for that one I'l check it out.

FTL?

Animu isn't video games.

Kirby games, Final Fantasy VII, the legend of heroes trails in the sky, rogue-likes/lites

Not really, I usually just have a stream or something on while I wait for calls. This is the first game I've really been able to play in between calls. Maybe an action RPG would work? Most of the gameplay in something like Diablo is decision-making when it comes to your gear, the actual combat kind of plays itself.

Europa Universalis
Minetest
Simcity

Last time I played FTL I remember it needing strategic pausing and focus on long term planning. No can do.

Any of the legend of heroes games in particular or any are good? Ditto for trails in the sky.

I can't play any audio which is why I'm not listening to streams. I'll try Diablo as well.

Guess I forgot to mention that I can't listen to audio so good soundtracks are wasted.

Halfminute hero

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
store.steampowered.com/app/251150/

this one user, first in a trio of games, pretty sure first two are on steam and the third is coming next year

Sorry about that, typing this at work. Thanks for that it looks great.

Plague Inc Evolved is a good one. Easily able to pause it and do your work, go back, give a quick lookover on the world menu and you're back in the game.
IS Defense might also work since it's a tower shooter.
Hell Yeah! could also work. It's a SHUMP with platforming elements.

most srpgs, low skill mmos if taken slow,trade sims,4x games, really any turnbased game as stated

fft, tactics ogre, most if not all trpg, darkest dungeon,ffx * x-2, your choices are endless

Any turn based JRPG or WRPG is a solid choice. I highly suggest Pokemon.

Farmville
Get a better job.

You can try games like sims, cities, civ. You can also try building oriented games like factorio, terraria, jewcraft, starbound, stardew valley, harvest moon.

op try civ 4 + ashes of erebus and you will never see the sun again

Working on it

I'll give it a look.

Tried Pokemon the battles work but navigating the overworld can be hard when I have to remember what exactly I was doing. Something with dungeons that I just randomly explore is better than story-driven exploration.

I've been eyeing tactics orge for a while, and while I know most turnbased games are good I guess I was looking for recommendations for good turn-based games?

Any 4X

4X is perfect for what you want. The game proceeds only when you click "end turn."

dark souls

Dorf Fort is pretty good, since you can pause any time.

subvert.pw/s/

whats the sauce on your image?

Heard mods are being a bit cranky lately so here's a link
>>>/vp/1995

Any SimCity game with disasters turned off. You can build some stuff, unpause the game and let it run in the background while you work, then pause it and go back and build some more stuff. Especially with the early titles, you end up doing a lot of waiting until the end of the year to get more money to build more things.

Just play FTL on easy, it doesnt get even remotely challenging until the 5th sector.

I play idle games at work. Mostly Kittens Game and Anti-Idle. The latter actually really wants you not to idle, because there's all kinds of minigames you can do for shekels.

I also play Rimworld sometimes, at 1:1 speed things happen very slowly so you don't have to pay much attention while your colonists do their thing, but you can speed it up if you want to be more active, or pause it if you're completely busy.

How new are you?

pls tell me what job lets you play video games during work

Portal 2

You should try out some of the clicker games that were made before Cookie Clicker when they were actually fucking games. Like the two Candy Box games.

There are idle games that expect you to acutally do something? ( I've played antidle, and cookie clicker, just never looked into the others I'm vaguely aware of them).

Pics don't have to be related to the thread subject.

openxcom.org/

This is how you lose a job.

Trust me, user. There's plenty of jobs where the bosses don't give a flying fuck because there's about five layers of bosses above them.

Damn
/thread

So to test the theory I played FTL at work today. Shit was cash.

Guess I can try at least.

You only lose a job when your performance is below standard. I have set metrics and guidelines I can see anytime and adjust my performance so that it tells my boss I am doing exactly average for someone in my position. Thus, I will never get promoted, but I will get paid to play vidya.

Thanks of the recommendation.

I play dominions all the time at work.
Get a job in sales of any kind, as long as you produce they don't give a fuck if you beat off under your desk, whispering your waifus name.

God Eater Resurrection? I find the missions are pretty short to do at times. Albeit, I want to recommend Persona 4 but it's cutscenes and storyline take hours to finish up.

the sims

any of them

As I said in op Persona 3 gas really done the job well since it's a weak vn/dungeon crawler mix. Which is enjoyable at least for me to play at work. I could attempt to set up my PS3 but is Persona 4 worth it? How about Persona 2?

stepmania

What the fuck is that tape made of to get wet by saliva? This doesn't make a lick of sense.

checked

Some of the best indie games require half your attention
CoC
[spoiler]Fairy Fighting[spoiler]
Parasite in City
Fairy War 1 and 2
Just to name a few.

You sure are a casual, user.
If you're working from home, most anything works as long as you can pause it, I'd just stray from multiplayer if you don't know it's going to be a slow day.
If you're not,
I play lots of monster hunter and fightan while I'm on the job. JRPGs are an obvious choice.
I'd recommend emulating the PSP armored core games, they're all fairly slow and take well to being paused, assuming you have a controller or are at least good with touchscreen controls. Phantasy Star Portable 2(+i) is some good grindan as well as monster hunter FU, though it's going to be slooow going in MHFU if you're only playing in minute long bursts

I thought I was lucky to get to work from home, are at home call center jobs really that common?

Already downloaded a psp emulator, I'll get that on top of tactics ogre, ffta and other things.

Any other games user?

Nah, there's a ton out there. If you're looking for something different, weworkremotely.com is a decent place to search.

If you're looking at slower RPGs, the SNES has a few good'ins, I like to mess with stuff I haven't played/haven't played in a long time. Robotrek is a pretty fun, and 7th Saga's premise is interesting enough (Play a translated rom of Elnard, the japanese version if you don't hate yourself)

I'd just scoop up recommendation lists from console generals and pick out games you want to try. The ones I suggested are good in that the music is nothing to write home about so you're not missing out when you're playing without audio.

If you have a choice in which headset you use for work, get some big powerful headphones and a shitty pair of earbuds that don't block sound, you can use the headphones for calls and keep the earbuds at low volume so you can hear them custies easily.

On second though don't do it now. I was playing for a while and started to get really emotionally attached to my crew. Had a good run and took lots of risks and eventually ended up at the flagship. I almost had it and at the last moment it decided to hack my weapon systems and I was a sitting duck. The captain was the last survivor before my hull broke.

I felt drained afterwards.

Shit.

I've known this crop for years. But I've never found the original image.

The Game and Watch gallery games would work well if you enjoy their type of gameplay since all you have to do is press pause then shut off to save progress.

I would also like the source.

read the thread newfags

Runescape, it hardly requires your attention

Roguelikes, granted you'll die a bunch but thats part of the fun. And being 100 percent turn based is if you have a few minutes you can play a bunch of turns, if you have less than a minute a turn or two.

I played the fuck out of nethack when I used to work in an office.

Yes, Persona 4 and Persona 2 are worth it.
Persona 4 might feel a lot more easier to go through if you've played through Persona 3.
But it has less of a dungeon crawling focus and you'll find yourself grinding less.

If you can bring a PS3 to work or emulate PS2 games, I would recommend the Yakuza series.

But from what I've seen that means that Persona 4 is just a shitty dating sim. Is that true user? I know I'm playing Persona 2 for sure because I prefer the character design more, but I need more info on Persona 4

I only half pay attention to every game I play

this is why you losers are losers

You're right I'm completely getting the raw deal here

Artificial Academy 2.

Anything turn-based, so Persona does work fine. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even bother playing anything beyond a mobile game if I had to stop and turn away every 5 minutes though. I'd just shitpost somewhere all day instead.

The gameplay of 4 is exactly the same as 3, you just control your party instead of a braindead AI, though you have the option to turn the AI on for them instead if you somehow prefer that. The dating sim meme has a bit of validity to it, but it's hardly the bulk of the game. The dungeons are no longer randomly generated, but are still horribly uninspired mess of copy and pasted corridors. If you like 3, you'll like 4. Polite sage for doubleposting because I didn't read the fucking thread.

Reigns. I think it's on Steam, but it's basically a mobile game ported. It's like $2.50 or some shit but no in-game transactions.

It's just some cheeky game where you're a medieval king, people come to ask you questions every in-game year, you swipe left or right to answer, and you have four bars that go up or down accordingly (church power, population, army, and money). If any of them hit zero or overflow, you die and start as a new king a few years later in the same kingdom.

Low input in general, with a couple of status effects making a bar drop or raise very slightly per second for some time. It's slow, so as long as you're not critically low or high you'll be fine.