What is your favorite game to be a mage in?

What is your favorite game to be a mage in?

RapeLay.

counterstrike

Street Fighter

what are you? a homosexual?

What if there was a single character tile-based RPG where you played as a monk?

You can achieve "magic" or swordplay, but this is basically just an effect of your ki

Skyrim tbh

DD:DA

so a chinese novel

If nothing else, the setting would be much different and hopefully more interesting. Sure, you'd have Oni instead of Demons, but it feels a bit different, right? I actually like the "look" of Chinese names, and some of their mythology, but holy fuck everything about modern China is fucking garbage

Actually I would probably base the game in Indonesia, give it a mask aesthetic too, dem kris waveblades

Problem?

And don't you forget it.

Nox by far. It has the best wizard in any game I've played.

Only the heaviest armor and the biggest, dumbest weapon will suffice.

I loved that game. I should play it again.

Multiplayer Nox is probably the best PVP experience in this format I've yet to encounter.

Sword and board is the only way to play on foot

Now if you're heavy cavalry you better be using a fucking lance and a shield, sword on the belt.

Healsluts are easily the worst class in DDDA, Sorcerers and MK and MA are all better

Shields are for pussies.
Real men at least risk getting maimed.

Morrowind - the obvious answer, of course.

I like realistic games, hence the preference on cavalry and when/if you get dehorsed you got the board and the swordor mace if you are a man of supreme taste

I'm talking the cavalry lance with the handle that's prone to break, not a footmans pike or a spear. Although, a simple spear would be kinda middle ground between the two. But you'd probably have to sacrifice a mace/sword into a dagger or something out of weight limitations

Dark Souls, duh.

So why exactly are archers the worst people ever?

Final fantasy games because blue mage.

I'ld like them more if most the blue mage offerings weren't monstrosities.

jesus fucking christ why is it every god damn recommendation thread I see skyrim.

It's bait.

They're the most cowardly of all. A mage at least has buffs, charms and wards up his sleeve and can get in the thick of the battle.
Archers are perennially on the sidelines taking potshots from safety. At the slightest hint of danger they flee until they feel safe again.

Plus archers attract the lone wolf breed of player that does not understand proper teamwork or objective based gameplay.

Oh hey user