Vidya Games Thread

∧,,∧           ∧,,∧  (´・ω・`)          (´・ω・`)  ( つ V I D Y A G A M E S ⊂ )  しー-J           しー-J
What vidya games are you playing, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Grandmapocalypse
archive.is/SOpDS
archive.is/SzF0R
archive.is/fGtwQ
pastebin.com/DrVHqD21
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/doctorx-questlines
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

many fighting games, dragons dogma and lame canadian oregon trail ripoff

i've been playing rimworld a lot, since i'm too casual to figure out what's on the screen in dorf fort
and i think i'm too casual for rimworld, no matter what i do, something stupid happens that ends up killing all my colonists

I had Yoshi's Woolly World pirated long ago, but just started it today. I think they were trying to make the most comfy game possible. It's nice, but I regret having no one for co-op.

been catching up on the M&L series
thinking of playing shovel knight next

Yakuza 4 is fun. Playing through the series for the first time, having a good time so far.

I can play coop with you, user~

Shadow Run returns, Kirby Squeak Squad and Transformers Armada for the ps2.

Nothing at the moment because I'm way too horny, but yesterday I was playing Fallout 2.

All incredibly fun games. I still don't believe that a game like this wouldn't sell well today. You wouldn't even have to make any compromises either; no way that you couldn't sell a fast, action packed shooter to people. If you're a shitter there's still easy difficulty settings. Somebody make it happen, and no bullshit like, "We're combining the best elements of modern and classic!"

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Dead Rising 1 and Brigador

I've been playing Patapon 3 on my Vita.
Comfiest shit in existence, wish I had people to play Co-op with.

just finished playing Project Reality with Holla Forums. Also recently picked up Stalker again. I'm looking for some graphics mods for it.

I played Nuclear Throne and Enter the Gungeon.
Nuclear Throne is fun and better with friends.
Enter the Gungeon gave me a headache, it might've been the graphics.
I also didn't really like the slowness of it sometimes, a roguelike should work a bit faster IMO.
I still like The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth more.

Been hoping between a few games this week;

After the netcode patch it lived up to the hype for me; Party mode is great, the new characters all have pretty fresh movesets, older characters that usually get the shaft are stronger and everything plays smoothly.

Really hope the PC version comes out soon so more people in the fighting game general can play it.

Having more fun with it than any of the other modern GTA titles. The drug dealing system should have been permanently added to the rest of the series.

Just started it after beating Patapon 1, love the music. The actual challenge of the game surprised me considering how simple the gameplay is.

I'm probably gonna start Trails of Cold Steel 1 tomorrow finally since 2 is out Tuesday

Do you know if there is anyway to get the patapon 3 dlc on the vita? you can download it off the vita store

I'm playing Uncharted 4. Starts out slow but picks up later on. Combat is pretty tough. Harder than 3.

user, please don't. I'm trying very hard not to masturbate right now. My belt is unbuckled and I'm only keeping my hands off myself is by crossing my legs and typing so hands are busy.

At least all the games were really good.

It was okay, but after a while I got bored. I was mostly invincible and the writing just didn't seem to catch my attention at all. The world was also very generic, and I hated the level layout, just a big area usually swarming with monsters that would always take a little too long to down no matter how powerful you were. Ended up giving it on it.

Gen 5 is the only one I never got to play, so I bought White and Black 2 off ebay. I really don't know what to say about it, it just feels off in some way, like I'm playing a rom hack instead of an official game. Also, while this could be explained by my not having played a pokemon game in a few years, it feels very tedious to level every pokemon evenly, so I keep putting it back down from boredom,

Been on a Master of Orion 2 binge after trying out the shitty new remake.
Going to try MOO3 with patches and mods tonight.

Any other 4X space games I should play anons?

Is there a LOL thread up?

I don't recall seeing a thread about your life.

just get Crystal Maiden to "support" you

I'm just imagining a flustered little user with a raging hard-on and his pants half down trying desperately to talk about vidya instead of getting himself off ♥

I have a ton of games I want to play but all I want to play is Deus Ex and Insurgency.

user

Here, Ill help you babe.

How does this make you feel (*゚∀゚*)….

msg me if you want more (n˘v˘•)¬

pls no

If you "want to play" your games but actually want to play just a few, then you should burn yourself out on those two games so you can focus on other ones.

GalCiv 2 is decent, Space Empires 5 is decent, Star Ruler 1 + Galactic Armory and Star Ruler 2 are both good for different reasons.

I've been trying to mod Skyrim and this shit is going to kill me.

Wasn't that a leaked photo of a Olympic soccer player?
I wonder why semi-famous women always take pictures like that of themselves when they're constantly being leaked.

Been replaying Super Robot Warz Z3.1 since I finally got around to getting Z3.2 a few weeks ago.

Can barely understand what's going on without some guides and general plot summeries, but I still love the series to bits.

They're just expressing themselves shitlord, stop judging them and tecmach hackers not to hack. #endgamergate2016

You get the idea you gay nigger. My mind says play my backlog but my heart says play the same two games that I can't stop playing

Little problem there. I have an odd condition where every time I notice even a slight pattern in my gameplay or tactics, I drop the game and never pick it back up again. It's been ~6 years since I've dropped more than 200 hours on a single game, or watched a movie more than a handful of times. this pattern recognition also affects other parts of my life, to the point where people hate bringing me along to watch capeshit, because I bitch about all the tropes.

fuck
dang

dmc1, front mission and REmake
i just found out about crimsonheads

I've been playing Shadow Warrior, the modern one. It helps that the sequel is coming out in a month. Also, why does the game look so beautiful? The screenshots don't do it justice.

Bloom kinda ruins it.
Also, nuSW has no fucking enemy variety(I still enjoyed it though).

All three of these for working to get (and improve for 1 and Infinity) Any% WR

Been playing some of that Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, rolling through the game as Rogue/Spirit since I never tried those masteries out properly.

But as far as "anniversary edition" goes, it feels like THQ Nordic barely did anything to the game. The graphical glitches in dungeons are still there (pic related). It feels like there are no clearly visible changes to the game aside from monster infrequent drops, proper working multiplayer and a cool new UI.

Nonetheless, I'm enjoying the shit out of this game. Played like 7 hours in one sitting today.

Oh yeah, you can also now crank up the game speed in game options so you don't get bored instantly in the 1st Act.

I do wish there was an option to turn the Bloom off.

forgot to mention thoughts, the first has really good atmosphere. It really sucks that I have to use the A1 version for speedrunning.

M2 has too many exploration levels IMO, the grenade jumping is really awful in this.

MInf, in a speedrunning perspective, is extremely short, WR being only 21:36

Hmmm? I don't remember this at all. I don't think the difficulty does anything but add more enemies.

i only come here to shitpost

Been getting back into it because I need revenge on somebody (Long ass story). I main Ganondorf and Luigi. Absolutely destroyed this one fucking guy, said he was one of the best Ganons on Anthers saying that he "Wants opponents to destroy with his Ganon", me being on a 10 game losing streak I might as well give him a go to test him out. Destroyed him, went from Bronze 1 to Silver 3 in one match (He was Silver 2 for context). Webm related for the replay, sorry for the quality but I'm using clipconverter because I'm a lazy fuck

Wanted to try the new expac. Act 2 and I'm already bored.

Shitposters are the best posters tbh.

Finished the Penumbra: Necrologue mod today. It was really good, except for the ending, the ending was shit.

Oh by the way. Stopped playing yesterday because I kept getting communication errors on my wired modem, is it just me? My modem works a-okay on PC

I don't often play eastern RPGs, but this one I'm playing for the second time on an emulator, freaking love it.

Pirated Dark Souls 3. I'm at the swamp level, right after I beat the sage, what a shit boss, and it's been pretty shit from the beginning. The level design and bosses so far are awful, I can only play it in short bursts. It's only slightly better than DS2 and that was shit. It's not me being cynical I actually was really looking forward to playing it. Game's not worth $70, if I do beat it, I'll buy it when it's $20.

Not sure how they dropped the ball on this game after the shit that was DS2, especially with the main director. Glad they're not churning out 500 of these games because it shows they don't want to make them anymore.

You'll see that it's actually even worse than DaS2 later on.
A shame, really. Good thing I pirated it though, DaS2 was the first and last game I preordered.
It was the day before launch and preordering had a discount but still

Nice ascii cats.

Convince me not to get Skyrim again. Suggest a better open world medieval-era game.

Considering getting a Wii U for when Breath of the Wild comes out,

Wait till the NX comes out and the price for the Wii U will tank. Then hack the shit out of it

Ah fuck, I was hoping it would get better, I guess it's DS2, it got worse as the game went on.

Was really hoping it would turn around and get better. Maybe I'll beat it for series completion sake, but it's really a drag to play. I'm wondering how they dropped the ball.

I'm playing the brave new world hack, good shit.

Metroid Prime.

I gotta say, it feels a little weird playing it for the first time after playing nothing but the 2D games, but it works surprisingly well. Not bad.

In my opinion you should try beating it once anyways, but just once. The game really has no replay value.

I'm thinking about getting Lost Dimension. Has anyone tried it?

Fallout 2 almost done. Stalker: CoP since I hadn't played it, almost done that as well. Trying to get Stalker: SoC AMK but I can't get a good build going I may just use Autumn but force the hit animation off. I'll probably play Stalker for another week or two before I complete them entirely, apparently CoP has a free roam mode after you finish it but I'll probably pass it by. Gonna finish Fallout 1 again once I get around to completing Fallout 2, Fallout 2 has been all right I would say.

Umihara Kawase

I've made it to Field 48. Even though I've got a handle on some techniques that make it easier, such as scaling vertical walls using bounces, it's still difficult as all hell. I read a review where someone wrote it was his favorite game of all time although he'd never completed it, what a pussy.

I think I need a better pad, the xbox controller d-pad is not what it could be.

Just got done with the Reconquista and formed the Kingdom of Spain.

When I come back to the game I'll exterminate the muslims completely and then go on pagan safari for some raiding!

Played Moto Racer for about 3 hours yesterday until I beat championship mode and I got the best times on every race, first game I ever played in my life, it still is a lot of fun.

Started System Shock 2 from scratch because last time I played it I left it halway through and I don't remember what the objectives were at that point.

Picked up Titan Quest a few days ago, since that Anniversary Edition thingy came out, good reason to actually play it. It's a lot of fun on Very Fast.

Started playing original Fallout for the first time, it's pretty good, didn't take me long to learn how to do stuff.

Also picked up Oniken, it's alright so far.

Even sandpeople before muslims where shit

I love how scenic this game can get

Just finished a Dude Sex run. Who /dark age/ here?

I've had Patrician III on my backlog so long that I want to give it a shot. Trying to get this thing to run on WINE is like wrangling a retard, despite the platinum score on WineHQ. Just another road block in my path to be king of the Jews Alderman of the Hanse League.

I preferred that ending as well as fusing with Helios

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II.

FUCK

Pirated Redout to try it.

For a game with low poly ships, it is optimized like FUCKING GARBAGE.
There is no reason a game like it should run so poorly on my PC even at 1440p. It uses UE4 and UT4 ran like a wet dream for me.
Even with all the settings on low I get the frame rate dropping. And at one point the game was stuttering/freezing non-stop no matter what the fuck I did. eventually it just randomly stopped doing that.
And the settings made me think I was playing a console game. (even anti-aliasing was a low, medium, high thing )

When it comes to gameplay, I haven't played a ton yet, but it's decent if not questionable. On a base level it plays a kinda like modern wipeout, but instead of air breaks/side dashes you have a "strafe" that has a startup before it starts moving your ship to the side. It feels like shit.

I also feel the physics can be weird when you bump into other ships. Yours will kind of latch on sometimes and curve into a wall if you aren't careful.

All in all, I'm disappointed but it still provides some fun. I'll stick with the pirate instead of buying. Especially at the absurdly high price.
I just want a Wipeout 3 style game again.

Also did I not mention that there is
NO WINDOWED MODE

Damn, good luck. I only finished the first two but I loved them, I've never seen them run but I'm going to check it out asap

I thought The Witcher was alright, but I don't really understand all of the complaints that I heard about W3 now, because everything I had heard could easily be applied to W2. Dumbed down, made for consoles, runs terribly, I don't know if I want to finish it or try the next one.

What's your go-to game when you don't know what to play?

I fucking loved wipeout 3. Might have to check it out. Does it still have that neat hidden feature where you go faster if you lightly graze the wall?

crying and masturbating

Witcher 2 is just more "advanced" than W3. That's it. Honestly, the entire trilogy is pure garbage when you look at it in it's entirety. First one was a shit rhythm game, W2 and W3 are of the same quality in every department except W2 has just a LITTLE bit more to it, and doesn't start you off as an OP faggot.

Avatarfagging and shitposting is a game all of it's own.

OpenRCT2 or OpenTTD

It isn't really like Wipeout 3 though, user. It's more like Wipeout Fury or something.
No idea, I'll attempt that.

Usually simple stuff like Tetris, Katamari, pinball. Something I can get lost in straight away

I'll beat it just because I've beaten all of them except Bloodborne.

Thanks for your time.

Groove on Fight, just to see SOLIS bouncing tits and nice butt while I think about something else to do

Enjoy the core combat, though it's wasted on the whole 8f (though I'm personally on PC so doesn't apply I believe), netcode can easily be wonky, which can make ranked frustrating among all it's other issues
That said Necalli's my favorite char since Q
Been taking my time with the game, just unlocked Quiet for deployment, play's great, though the wait times for development can piss off when you need the item in a mission such as better fultons

RTS itch needed to be scratched, been playing Red Alert 2 Mental Omega mod and some Supreme Commander.

Sheckel Clicker

Waiting is a pain in the ass.

You know as shit as the games are they know how to bait that addictive personality out of people. Just looking at that pic made me want to play again.

shadowrun returns

Why the fuck don't people talk about this game more? It isn't just Holla Forums either even places dedicated to the discussion of Trek like /1701/ don't seem to know/care about the Fallen. It does a lot right both as a DS9 game and as a Third Person Shooter.

What the fuck are those brown things?

Deus Ex. Just started the Hell's Kitchen level and honestly don't want to keep playing.

Been playing Rabi Ribi, accidentally set it to Hard Mode by skipping character dialogue like an idiot and having trouble against a bitch who forgot her pants.

From the same guys who did Men In Black the game, too bad the console ports didn't go through because of a lack of budget, it's pretty much under the radar since the end of 2000, pretty much a lot of other games outshine it.

i played a couple rounds of overmeme but now i'll probably play monhun or KOF14

True but none of them are Trek games. You'd expect The Fallen to at least appear in Dukat threads and I've seen it maybe 2 times.

Also is the Men in Black game any good?

Wrinklers
cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Grandmapocalypse

Senran Kagura Estival Versus. I'm just mixed on this, I like weebshit, I like Shinovi Versus on PC, but this is just kinda bad. It somehow feels a lot slower than its predecessor which shouldnt be possible.

Just finished Momohime's route in Muramasa Rebirth. It's pretty fun.

Must be because there wasn't that much marketing for advertisement on it outside the TV fanbase if I remember correctly, saw some of the ads on PC Gaming magazines.

They wanted an adventure game, but they were forced to make it into a shitty action third person shooter type of shit, can't remember if the guys made it or ported it from PC, it's shit.

I suspect that might be it then. A lack of knowledge of a game can become self-reinforcing since there's nobody to tell others about it. I don't think The Fallen has had a digital re-release either and that's an issue.

Publishers being retarded is evidently not a new thing. I'll avoid it then.

Halo Anniversary. I bought ODST a few weeks ago for $5, now I'm on a halo kick so I bought 4, Anniversary, and Reach. I even picked up DoA4.

Been playing From The Depths with a friend recently. The product of about 7 hours worth of our work is a retarded cruiser that has weak fucking guns in lightly armored turrets that blow up in a single shot and it tips if you turn in it for too long. At least the laser guided missile does something if it hits and all those guns will take down aircraft pretty well. Fun game, I would recommend it. My friend got it from some site for $4, it's also on IGG.

I was so excited about beating her on hard that I posted a screenshot in the Rabi Ribi thread a few months ago. That was a hard fucking fight, but satisfying.

Picked up some old PC games I haven't played for shits and giggles a while ago. Noticed I've installed Delta Force, but never played it for more than a minute. The game is pretty simple, but pretty fun. The game is from fucking 1998 and you can still use update.exe to connect and download the latest patch I'm surprised how it installs off the disc and has absolutely no problems at all, except for the occasional screen flicker. I don't need to fuck around with the mouse settings either, they're perfect and feel totally normal.

I also played a little bit of Quake 1 with Arcane Dimensions. Fantastic levels with some god-tier visuals. The new weapons/enemies/enemy variants really do a good job at patching up one of the main problems I have with Quake.

did you make a ship out of cinderblock bricks?

Federation Force.

==I LIKE IT

There, I said it. The controls are a bit weird, and not being able to rebind keys sucks balls (I want control option B but with lock-on set to L and not ZL), but the short mission structure makes for some quick and entertaining pick-up-and-play portable shootan.

It's a terrible Metroid game, but it is a good game in its own right. It should have dropped the Metroid moniker altogether and simply gone with "Federation Force" and maybe include "A Metroid Adventure" as a subtitle or something.

if that samus doesn't have a 25 inch dick and basketball sized testicles get that shit out of my face.

Top deck is made out of a somehow lighter than water alloy which makes for very poor armor. Turns out that was pretty stupid because any shot that arcs just goes right into the top of the deck and fucks everything under it up while the double metal layered side of the ship that is mostly underwater from the weight of the turrets never even gets hit.

We are talking about the same technology bitch, right? Got any tips? That yellow cross shit and her spinny raygun attack get me every fucking time.

I downloaded and played The Sims 3 for the first time. I made a painting goblin and have been making my sims very happy. I will be starting Armored Core: For Answer tomorrow. I've never played an AC game before but most people tell me it's the best one.

Dead space has a pretty slow start but the game gets really good after Lethal Devotion. Also I wish the game would stop giving me ripper ammo.

no the enemies keep nailing you in the ass nonstop and you're always low on health searching for antyhing to keep you alive

I've been playing Strange Journey. I'm primarily focusing on buffing my retarded huge strength and debuffing the opponent's defense, I would say its working out pretty well so far. I'm at Sector Eridanus currently, not a big fan of these sleeping tiles I have to go through but it feels like I'm late game so I guess I can forgive it, pic related is my stats and current team. I hope I run into something with mediarama soon…

This was months ago so I don't remember perfectly, but for the cross attack don't you just stand directly under her? And for the raygun thing, IIRC it's all about figuring out which side she is going to shoot from, getting to the other side, then timing your jump to stay ahead of the ray.

Also, make sure to use your bar (forgot the name of it, the one that charges when you do damage) on the healing bombs. It's more valuable then the damage dealing ones.

Good luck man, it took me a few hours to beat.

Playing Project Diva X. I rather like it, its a bit different front Diva F or F2nd. It's probably the weakest entry though, especially with how few songs there are compared to Diva F2nd, no head pats, no patty cake, none of that shit. Unlocking modules at the climaxes of songs is cool as fuck though, it's like a magical-girl transformation.

Played some Resident Evil 5 earlier, finished Chapter 3-1. Didn't know about the crocodiles at first until one fucking ate me. I killed a lot of ooga-boogas though. Moonman would be proud.

Don't know what I'm gonna play now, I'm sort of on the fence with Shinobido 2, Star Ocean 5, one of hundreds of NDS roms, or Monster Hunter Generations. I may not play anything and instead install Linux Mint over my Windows 8.1, or at least partition it.

I need a fucking new3ds but then the NX is coming out in fucking march.

Just fuck my poor shit up.

That tutorial was tedious but holy shit does this game get comfy when you start. It's the kind of shekel-making business sim I've dreamed of for a long time and I"m not even half way into the content. One of these days I'll make a first- or third-person version with pagan god waifus and interactive towns for that full Spicy Wolf experience.

trying to get into srpgs and psp games in general

playing tactics ogre but its intimidating as fuck, wild arms xf is fun but too anime

currently in an rpg depression that dcss can only fix so much, after the flop of swordcoast and poe,the future looks grey, are there any NEW non shit rpgs with depth and tons of build/skill options?

Do the people who post these threads actually read the replies..?

Anyway:

MGSV TPP: Great gameplay, awful story, great production values, but the game basically forces you to play loud and fast if you want to make progress and GMP; you get soldiers anyway thanks to heroism. Once I finish it I probably won't play it again, since while the gameplay is fun, there are systems in place to make things tedious and less fun by design, and the open world is so static and impervious to change it doesn't feel like anything useful or meaningful happens outside of when you might have taken out a radio before attacking the same fort three times in a row and the game reminds you the allotted respawn time for the radio hasn't passed yet. Stuff like that. Nearly everything respawns. Eh.

EDF 4.1: Best game in the best series. Only problems are the awful awful awful people in multiplayer (dur why would I bring missiles or quick-firing artillery for fast flying enemies hurrrrrrr) and the lack of a viable light source underground, maybe the loot drop system requiring player collision for collection. Also equipment balance is way out of whack. Fun as fuck though.

Puzzle & Dragons Z: Playing at work in spurts. Thought I beat it recently but it unlocked another world of story stuff after the first beat. Thought I just wanted the game to be over but it turns out I just didn't like enemies that could 1-hit kill your team unfairly, since the game can be fun sometimes. It's a good work lunchbreak game, and free of microtransactions. Still, I do kind of want to move on to something else.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen: Still jumping into this from time to time. Still haven't found a goddamn moonshimmer pelt or banshee larynx, and my luck for finding level 3 gears with the stats I want is awful. The RNG my game seed gave me is pretty dreadful on my save file, unlike my playthroughs on 360 years ago.

Endless Legend: This game will be cucked soon, or the devs will be. Heard some rumors that they harbor SJW beliefs, but aside from a meme or two showing up inappropriately in some game text it's not really obvious. The new expansion is exciting but worrying as the last thing the game was missing was some naval control/combat, but the sale to Sega raises some interesting questions and problems, especially where DLC is concerned. I'm just glad the game was mostly complete before that happened.

Cities Skylines: Played this for a few hours a few days ago again, and saw that the traffic modeling still hadn't been fixed. Shame that. If you keep your city small there aren't any problems, but once it gets big, it becomes obvious that the developers have NO idea how to make traffic flow the way it does in real life, with cars that merge and flow into lanes either with more room to speed up or in the direction they need to go once the opportunity makes more sense. Until I feel like being frustrated by traffic again or making a new city I probably won't play it again.

Playing warframe. Been grinding myself to get a kavat incubator. I did the sortie and only won because I had two trinitys that knew what they were doing and I as Valkyr being able to revive them in hysteria. That mission gave me so much newfound appreciation for those two frames I put a potato on valkyr and bought a trinity set for 70 plat. don't worry, I got the plat through trading, haven't spent a cent on this game

I've been playing a lot of P3 and just got to floor ~148. Though I'm worried that I'm missing out on things or not spending enough time leveling up.

Do yourself a favor and spoil yourself on what the recommended level you need to have is before you reach the last boss. I was getting sick of waiting for a resolution and figured I was high-level enough. Turns out no, that a single attack from the boss was enough to wipe out characters not at full health, and give awful status effects to characters not equipped with stuff to counteract it. I also seem to remember the last boss gets 2 or 3 turns in a row every time.

I might do that. I'm almost level 50 and it's only the middle of September, so I think if I keep going at this pace I'll be fine. Thanks for the tip

Been playing Monster hunter Generations and kittens game.
MHGen is a hot fucking mess but they fixed every problem I had with palicos.
Kittens game is a waiting game but a little more hands on than cookie clicker. It's breddy gud.

Factorio. It's fun if you are autism incarnate.

MHGen a mess? I haven't been paying attention but all I know is the localization is even MORE shit, but supposedly the gameplay feels better. What else did they screw up?

No prob guy. Don't want anyone to end up in the same spot I did.

Most of the hunting styles are TRASH CB got nerfed to high fucking hell, damage and combo fluidity. Most hunting missions are uninteresting and annoying Hunt 3 nibblesnarfs, over half the hunts in village 5 and up and either huntathons of piss easy monsters and hunt 3 different easy monsters 80% of early missions are gathering quests, the weapon upgrade system is thousand fold more annoying.
There's a long list of specific shit but thats the gist of it.
If you had a choice of Gen and 4U pick 4U 10 out of 10 times.

Huh, you're the first person I've heard this from. Makes my decision not to get this newest one a lot easier. I doubt a discount deep enough could occur that would see me purchase it now. I already felt the weapon upgrade system was complicated and too RNG-based for my tastes, and disliked most gathering missions, all of them that didn't involve killing a big monster as the actual secret goal. Never was a fan of the CB but I personally feel that when a dev nerfs something, instead of making other things stronger to compensate, that's lazy design. Thanks for the info.

I just played Planetside 2. There is nothing I can think of more frustrating than getting swarmed with enemy gunships. Faggots made that game gay as hell, nothing truly beats air but air - everything beats tanks. Makes me so fucking mad.
I'm also playing Crusader Kings 2, with the After the End mod. It's better than Civilization 5, with the Brave New World expansion pack. I keep marrying my king to my relatively distant cousins, trying to get the good genetics. I'm aiming to spread the holy faith of Americanism to the whole of the midwest and create a new empire of the Heartland. Gotta get those goddamn heathen mexicans and """""""popes""""""" out of my country.

Plating god eater Resurrection.
I was making my way through rage burst on psp emulator and I learned it comes bundles with god eater 2.
A few lines of dialog have been changed, also 2 VA's have been switched,I preferred the old ones.

rip ur pc

wut?

I'm retarded. Do we have any actual evidence or it it all just user gossip?

I hope you have a reliable source for this claim, I'm not going to believe it from just any user.

It hits your performance quite a bit(which shouldn't be an issue since GE looks lightweight) and uses read/write cycles really fast(which is an issue for SSDs).
The biggest problem is supporting that type of DRM though.
Is the game good at least?

I'm enjoying it, its has some big improvements over burst. The predator styles help you chain shit together which is nice because sitting there getting in the same 3-4 hit combos could get really fucking boring. That and the new weapons are nice, and the arts they come with help you mix it up.
The fucking radio chatter is pissing me off though. You get some operator who talks non stop, you can shut her ass off though, but it will make your party banter less.

Arkham knight:

Burned myself out getting stupid gold ng+ suit

+Pretty models
+Fighting is streamlined and fluid
+Knight/Militia are interesting antagonists
+Joker commentary
+Loads of characters for AR timesinking
+Batmobile fights/races feel really solid
+Collecting Villains

-Good parts are short and bad parts are long
-Forced Arkham Origins inserts
-Joker steals the bite from Scarecrow
-Skins/Characters as DLC
-Story tries too hard to scale up the stakes
-Story hits all the notes from city, again
-Old batman voiceactor flubs some lines
-Barely any easter eggs

Yeah, I like to read replies to get a feel for what I'm missing. These threads are great for when you finish a game and have that post-completion lethargy where you stare blankly at your backlog.

S4 League. Need to grind 10K pen more to get 5 capsules so i can dissassemble my 70 day Mind Energy to get 3 more Gear 3 to craft myself a Lightning Bomber MK2.

Rocket League. It's just so easy to pick up, you don't have to worry about characters or plot and just get to play some deathmatch flying car soccer.

I'm playing New Vegas for the first time, haven't played a Bethesda game since Skyrim, and just finished VTM:B for the first time so it's filling that void really well. I'm liking it almost as much as Morrowind. Shame it runs like shit though.

Oh, neato. Appreciate the insight friend. In that case glad to contribute if even in some small way.

Hope you've modded some shit into it. It's a good game but some mods just add to the experience.

Playing Xcom 2 again with some Mods bundled in. Its pretty fun.
Got the Long War mods going so I have SMGS and more classes/builds available. Few new ayylien types added in for some variety as well.
The cosmetic and voice mods available are pretty good as well, I have a lot of variety now with regards to customizing my soldiers, all my Female troops are wearing MGS4 Frogsuits.
Having some good fun with it so far, the Long War classes alone make it worth another run all on their own, but I think for my next campaign Ill have to step up the difficulty, the new builds suffer from power creep just as baddly, if not worse than the vanilla ones. Will probably have to uninstall some of the non-LW custom classes as at least 2 of them are OP as fuck.

I completed Trails of Cold Steel. While the name sounds like the game will be an edgy mess, the game is definitely a solid one. The world is great in the game and feels like a real place. I'm looking forward to playing the sequel.

I also played the Nioh beta. I can see myself picking up the full game. Managed to get all the DLC you get from clearing the stages, now I just need to do the twilight missions.

10/10 best Final Fantasy

Mount and Blade: Warband if you want to build your own Kingdom. If you want Elder Scrolls though play Morrowind.

Blazblue or FFXIV

I quite like it. I heard that it's bullshit rng to the extreme, but I'm honestly not seeing it. I mean, it's a risk management game, what do you expect? If you don't manage your risks, you'll get fucked in the ass. Spread your investments, be conservative, make steady progress. It's like the stock market.

Still in early access, but it seems feature-complete. Reminds me of Hearthstone, except not braindead. Maybe it's just the novelty still affecting my judgement, but I feel like they actually managed to make a card game interesting. I'll know once it wears off, for now I'm having fun.

Let's see, I've been playing Transformers: Devestation. It's standard fare for a Platinum Games title with the whole 'dodge at the right time to induce slo-mo' but I'm getting a kick from it anyway.

I've been getting into Shoot 'Em Ups and Bullet Hell games recently, I think I'm getting better at them too, and I've been playing Akai Katana, Deathsmiles and DoDonPachi Resurrection. The only problem is that I've been playing these on the 360 and they have a tendency to slow down when things get really intense on-screen so it feels a bit like cheating. They're still fun though.

the game still run like shit ?

Started playing I Am Setsuna. Haven't gotten far but I have been enjoying it so far. My biggest gripe with the game at the moment is the OST. While having all the songs be exclusively on piano (as far as I know at least) they are beginning to sound really samey. I can at least applaud the effort. I'm not sure I've played a game whose music was comprised entirely of one instrument.

Finally Finished Baten Kaitos and Persona 4 this weekend. I'm happy to have cleared a pair of RPG's from my list.

I'd recommend them to people who like long games. I'd also recommend P4 to anyone who likes Scooby Doo because Jesus fuck with all those colors and things that's pretty much the vibe I got.

I'll probably revisit Gravity Rush and Pokemon Blue today. Blue is for a cagelocke I'm running against a coworker, and Gravity Rush has been fun, but when I got sucked into P4 I only really played that and EDF on my Vita

'Power creep' happens in games that have a continuous development cycle(MMO's, MOBA's, ect.), not over the course of a single-player campaign.

What you're complaining about is a poorly balanced progression curve(specifically, it spikes faster than the challenge/difficulty one).

Pretty much, although they seem to have cleaned it up a bit. the game doesnt take so fucking god damn long to do anything for me anymore thanks to an essential little mod called "Stop Wasting My Time" that cuts out all the bullshit unnecessary pauses between turns and actions. With that mod and the latest patch it feels a little snappier, but still not perfect.

I felt like Kirby's Epic Yarn was king of comfy though

I think White feels odd at first because they prevent pokemon from gens 1-4 from being obtainable until you beat the game, so all pokemon are new, even if they just replace ones you know, like Woobat for Zubat and Roggenrolla for Geodude

Right now? EDF2 on Vita and Senran Kagura on 3DS. I can play that almost anytime, the stages are nice and short

I feel like I need to borrow the copy of 4.1 lying around here and give it a spin.

Corrected I stand. Never the less the solution is the same, Ill have to go back up to Commander

I just finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, what a fuckin game. Reeeaallly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the sequel to tomorrow

want expecting it to get all /m/ at the end, what a trip

I've been on a Pokemon binge lately. Slowly making progress on Moemon Fire Red Omega. Having to actually plan out and strategize in a Pokemon game is a pretty strange feeling.

i have a fucking 1080 shit still dips into the low 20 fps at times. the devs are talking about ps4 / xbone ports and shit fuck them fix the Pc version

burning though my backlog last month:
played and beat:
lollipop chainsaw ( game is fun, don't know why its hated)

resistance 2 ( dog shit one of the worst FPS's ive ever played)

resistance 3 ( fun as fuck, holy shit this played alot like wolfenstein the new order, the devs must have pick some stuff up from resistance 3 gun leveling , crazy weapons and shit. )

"beat" mgs 5 or made it to the second set of credits for the game.

done with the DLC in alien isolation. shit was like 2 hours.

replayed deus ex Human revolution with the director's cut version.

starting to play ( 2 - 4 hours in):
Deux ex mankind divied , i don't like the changes they made. i'm thinking about droping it and coming back

xenoblade chronicles x hours in i still don't understand the level up system completely .

games im about to give up on:

cities skylines:

im 80 hrs into making my super city there is this bug with the airport that makes airplanes airplanes keep flying around and won't land. to "fix" this issue i will need use and older save will need to repaly about 15 hours. devs have no fix for it. there as a mod you can download to delete the planes but the game will see it as cheating.

Tomb Raider, the real one. Never played one before, enjoying it even though some parts are frustrating. All the mistakes I make are my fault, so it feels fair. Gunplay is ass, though

Insurgency.
I can't fucking stand all the camping, trying to have fun and flank or stun and rush generally just ends up in death. It feels like the only way to win is to go to a corner, lie down, take an assault rifle (speaking of which, can anyone more skilled then me tell me WHY the ARs take less points then a SMG?) and just shoot anyone that passes by. Oh, and throwing C4 and IED's to clear out enemies is fucking pathetic and it goes like 1 meter up.

Been trying to get back into Morrowind.
I've played the game on and off for the better part of 2 years now and it scares me how much shit there is to do in that game.

It's almost always overwhelming with the stuff you can choose to do, and all the weird cool shit you can find. I still find it enjoyable to play even though it's the 4th elder scrolls game I've played.

Compared to the Phoenix Wright series, it feels like the cases are easier, have less impact, fewer memorable cases, and focus more on half-baked investigating and still-frozen-in-the-middle Logic puzzles.
Not a bad game by any means, though. I'm having a blast with it, but it feels like a mix of wasted potential and an attempt at being different gone wrong.

Single player Pokemon games are always shit, but this one is okay for what it is. It's easy to tell there was a lot of love put into the game but the pacing is horrendous. Grinding on level 30 Marills to take on a gym leader with level 70 pokemon is ridiculous.

Never really liked the Mega Man series outside of Mega Man Zero. This definitely looks and feels like a Mega Man game, and it has some pretty cool stages and bosses, but in a sense it's just a Mega Man game. Feels a bit on the slow side and the difficulty leaves something to be desired.

Playing Conker's Bad Fur Day while I try to figure out what game I'm in the mood for.

Thinking of replaying RDR on my 360 after hearing this rumor.
archive.is/SOpDS
Having the game fresh in my mind will give me some good perspective on whether it's even worth remastering. This is assuming it's true of course. NEVER EVER

Investigations 2 is arguably the best Ace Attorney game. Much better than the first Investigations.

I finished Yakuza 5 recently and had a blast as usual. Now, I'm playing God Eater Resurrection with my younger brother and deciding on a single-player game to focus on when he wants to do something on his own. It's pretty fun.

Maybe Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Lisa The Joyful should be next. Or I could finish up 7th Stand User? So when Fate Is Unbreakable comes out, I can play that next.

Not much. I resumed my old savegame where all the missions are done. I've been doing races and just blowing shit up for fun. I wish there were infinitie quests a la Skyrim.

I'm absolutely terrible, but it's been fun. Those sessions might be on weekends only, though. It's a free standalone game, so make some time for friday and saturday evenings and join up faggots.

Finally pirated to try and I've enjoyed it. It seems pretty interesting and makes me want to play Banished and Dwarf Fortress even more. Seems like a guaranteed buy once it releases.

> DoomRPG+RLA or Project Brutality
Just to kill some demons.

I recently played some silhouette mirage, I hate the part where you kill the green hair kike with soup it just takes forever

picross 3d 2 (which just got released) is a huge fucking improvement over the first which I enjoyed a bunch.

I think I'm 3/5ths done and it seems to have easily 250+ puzzles. The size of the puzzles can be much larger than they were in the first game and they have 2 different colors to deal with (one being blocks that turn into unusual shapes). Also 3 different difficulty modes which as far as I can tell mostly just reduce the amount of information the blocks give out.

It's a very comfy game so I really suggest if you ever played the first one or any of the normal picross games to pick it up.

Also it introduced a score system based on errors/time/difficulty which is a neat addition to the game.

Used to be either Resident Evil 4 or Kirby Air Ride back when I had the gamecube and wii set up to play. Now I have a like 25 3DS/Wii U games and all I ever play is Final Fantasy Theatrhythm which I have to check out from my local library.

Just got done with Transistor

It's okay, but the story seemed too vague at times to be enjoyable. That, and the difficulty and limiter systems make it seem like the game is either broken in your favor or the enemies', and without a good balance.

It's got really good visuals and music, I'll give it that.

I personally found it pretty dull and stopped halfway through the third chapter forever ago and never bothered to finish. I guess at least the first one was a fresh perspective but now it's worn off.

I played 2hu

It was nice

Teaching Feeling on no lewd run, because Sylvie is daugteru material and nailing something you adopted is weird.

I'd nail the ara Shopkeeper though, so we can be family.

With college starting back up, plus my new job hounding me for shit, my time for vidya has been somewhat constrained. But I've been trying to find time to play:

Doom (93): Just mostly going through various wads and pk3s. I finally gave Demonsteele a try last month and it blew me the fuck away. Goddamn, it's so fun, it's stupid. Doom RLA is also top-notch.

I also got back into WoW, mostly because I know a few folks that play it and Legion isn't…BAD, at least. I still don't really enjoy WoW on my own as much as I used to and I'd rather be playing FF14, but no one I know wants to play 14, so, fuck it.

Don't go to college/work full time, at the same time, by the way. if you enjoy playing vidya games. You won't have the time.

You're fucked. Up magic stat while you can, megidola > all.

Original SimCity on the Snes. I enjoyed it at first, but after a few hours there's not really much to do.

Just got to the end on Absolute Drift, and drifted all the way back to the beginning in my new pussy van. It's got satisfying, simple controls, fun and fluid movement, a good soundtrack, great visual design and a respectable amount of content. It's the exact sort of game that doesn't get talked about on Holla Forums because it's ALL game, it's driven entirely by its mechanics, and there's nothing periphery to shitpost about. But it has an '86 and some Initial D references, so even that shouldn't be an issue. What is an issue is that the timed challenged that make you do jumps are kind of shit, and the progression is weird. You could speedrun the whole game without ever completing a single drift course.

also playing overwatch off and on. i don't know … it seems like i reached a point where i need to be on a team the no teams will just get railroaded

I've been playing dark souls since my plan is to 100% the entire trilogy yes, in spite of the second one being underwhelming.

I'm also playing endless space since deliberately and indirectly sending the entire galaxy into an all-out war is breddy fun. The "cards" combat mechanic needs to go fuck itself though.

It's fairly fun, the movement controls are good and the combat is solid. Map design is super weak though, enemy variety is terrible, and I don't like how all the equipment is balanced as opposed to just straight-up finding better loot as you go. Also, making it impossible to upgrade everything in one play through due to a finite amount of key upgrade items is absolutely not cool. Finally, the level cap is too low, you should never hit the level cap in a game short of ridiculously extensive grinding if you ask me. Even going through in a hurry with the other characters, I'm hitting 20.

On a side note, is there some special trick to Arena Mode? I find the main game to not be terribly difficult even on the higher difficulties, but I can't get past level 7 on Arena mode.

What game is that?

Call of Chernobyl. I've been doing different challenges lately. My Human Pacifist run has been the hardest.

been playing Isaac afterbirth and vagante consistently, and a bit of OVERWATCH COMPETITIVE

if you're looking for speed, vagante is decent, i generally only make it 10 minutes since im shit, but overall its a fun rougelike, and now that i look at it the creators probably had some souls series inspiration
v46b is on torrenthound

The bosses are awful, I hope they improve them for SW2

What's your favourite tank Holla Forums?
And why isn't it not the Stug III Because it's actually the Tiger
Fuck the M10

They were trying to grab your election prize.

Anything that Mark didn't buy on day one, which means actual good vidya games.

That game has no truly good difficulty level. On standard difficulty the game's too easy, go any higher and bosses and even the extra big generic enemies become tediously resilient damage sponges that kill the fun. All I wanted was a difficulty where the enemies did enough damage to pose a threat, but not really take more damage.

Though aside from that, I agree the main big bosses are all terrible no matter what. FPS designers keep wanting to put really giant bosses in their games, and they have always sucked. Always.

Doing a little backlog pruning so I just beat Sonic Generations. I will never play another Sonic Game again. The levels are beautiful but the whole dynamic of going fast until you hit a wall/spike/enemy isn't really fun. And when you're doing slow platforming he has this weird inertia that makes it feel unfun. The last boss fight is a broken fucking mess.

I'm trying to get back in to 07th Dragon 2020 for the PSP when I'm on the go. It's a tight game: the graphics and music are great, and the gameplay seems solid enough. I just got bored with it for some reason. I'm going to stick with it this time.

All I really want to do is play more Dark Souls 3 PVE, but this game seems to be fine tuned so that 98% of variety it offers is useless. If you don't go dex/bleed you're just gimping yourself. I really hope they overhaul everything when the expansion comes out. And on top of that there really doesn't seem to be any reason to go through the game more than once-other than some +rings

So I should play this while listening to Eurobeat then? I've never even heard of this game, but it looks cool.

Nuclear throne is my go-to quick diversion, unless I get too far into a loop and the run stretches out.

I used to play a lot of Terraria when I just wanted to waste time, but after 1200+ hours played it's hard to find meaning in it anymore. I wish I had a game like that again.

I just want a simple game where you gather resources and build things. And aren't forced to pretend that there's a purpose to any of it like in Minecraft.

Oh fuck those flaps are disgusting

my autism is becoming stronger. the current game i'm playing is pic related, been comfy since its a cloudy and comfy day, perfect for staying in and playan some vidya.

Does watching youtube videoes of vidya walkthrough count as playing them?
Especially action games like Bayonetta are so nice and cool to watch.

don't ruin something like Bayonetta for yourself Bayonetta 2, sure, since it's inferior

If you're gonna watch youtube game lets plays or shit, as least watch fun ones like AdumPlaze Life is Strange/Beyond Two Souls or stuff by Cr1tikal.

Or watch silent playthroughs of "movie" games like TLOU, Asura's Wrath, etc.

the soundtrack in gungeon is absolutely dogshit

You mean the gay furry who sometimes shills himself on Holla Forums?

Some of his older videos have very clever commentary, but most of his recent stuff is trying too hard.

"Movie" playthroughs are pretty comfy though as long as the player doesn't suck. It doesn't really matter what game it is of.

ow~user-kun
it s not good to stay tense

I've been getting back into Lethal League, MH4U, Poschengband and Final Fantasy XIV after a period of nothing but that Overwatch clone that HiRez is making and Ragnarok Online private server. Parrying feels way better in Lethal League now than it did before, especially considering it now speeds up the fucking ball too.

bush > shaved

I'll fight all y'll niggas idgaf fam

It's been several hours and the feeling of lust has passed.
Your lewd images no longer have an effect on me.

the Binding of Isaac is still better than 95% of the rogue-lite twin-stick shooters that tried to copy it.

say what now? His voice sounds faggy, but he's never come off as a furry in his movie reviews or game videos.

eh, I don't really get that impression. That's always sort of been his thing. "something something dick titty nipples" or "come get some pussy fart" etc.

is that a challenge?

Words cannot describe how much I agree with this. It's what I've wanted since initially playing Minecraft itself back in those early hopeful days when I thought it would eventually be an actual game. And it's still what I'd make if I ever magically developed coding skill in addition to art skill, or came into enough money to hire a programmer.

Terraria's cool, but unfortunately it's got a few nagging flaws and my ideal resource gathering and building experience would be 3D like Minecraft. Building just isn't as rewarding in 2D.

Have you not been watching him long? He's said it several times.
He has a reddit account, and on it he's admitted he posts here (mainly /furry/) and he's even made passing comments about being gay in some of his reviews.
archive.is/SzF0R
archive.is/fGtwQ
No, it's actually rather hard to get me in the mood.

You could if you like, but you don't race against enemy AI and the game isn't really going for that kind of feel, so the default soundtrack might fit better.

Holy shit I remember this game being really atmospheric, never finished it though. Gonna go look and see if I still have the disk.

admittedly, no, I haven't been watching him very long. Maybe a few months tops.

I'll give him points for being self-aware though, if nothing else. I've certainly seen worse furfags. His being gay doesn't surprise me, but the furry part does. I mean even when you see video of him in his room you don't see any furfag shit on the walls or anything like that.

At least his movie reviews are entertaining, he doesn't push his furfaggotry in his videos either at least, not from all the ones I've binged.

well shit.

lolno
His avatar is a cropped picture of him in front of a fursuitter that looks like he's sucking somebody off and he's made jokes about wanting to fug anthro characters in some of his videos.
Spoilered for autism.

then i guess its time to re-ignite it

get a wii u pro pad, or play the vita version. PC game pad support is awful in general.

After years of playing System Shock 2, Bioshock and Bioshock 2, I've finally gone back and started playing System Shock 1.

Holy shit, it's a lot better than I would have expected for an experimental first-person game from 1994. I'm generally a purist fag about my games so I'm playing the classic version, with the original controls and all, and I'm glad I stuck with them. Once I got the hang of how the controls work, it feels so gratifying to handle enemy encounters well, but it's still tense as fuck.

SHODAN is probably at her creepiest and most terrifying here, too, holy fuck.

hnng

user, there are ways to arouse me.
Posting porn is not one of them.

Why didn't you just play SS1 first?
Why start at the second game?

Same reason why everyone's played Street Fighter 2, but most have probably never even seen a screenshot of the first one - I never heard of the games until I got System Shock 2, and I just never bothered to go back and try the first one. Who gives a fuck, anyway? You're not necessarily missing anything in SS2, if you've never played the first.

MOUNT BLADE WARBAND YO

Why is this so common? The entire finale of System Shock 2 is one huge reference to the first game. It blew my socks off. It makes meeting Shodan a really fucking big moment too.

I was trying to be polite instead of saying I don't want his shitty 3DPD garbage.

You're missing a really good game, though. That's like saying "Who cares if you started TES at 4? You're not missing anything."

Because System Shock 1 wasn't a very big hit, and nobody played it. System Shock 2 blew up in popularity, though. Obviously everyone played the more popular one.

And idk, I hadn't played SS1 before SS2, but that moment when the room tore apart and Shodan's face was staring right at me, no matter where I looked, still managed to terrify me to my core.

Don't fucking act like you didn't understand the context in which I was talking. I obviously meant that you're not missing out on anything vital to enjoy your time playing SS2. Of course if you don't play a good game, you're missing out on playing a good game. That clearly wasn't my point, though.

Eat a dick, you person who I have nothing against, and we'd probably get along well in real life.

I don't watch lets plays, just walkthroughs/non comemntary

Most things have the number two in their title for a reason. Besides, comparing it to Street Fighter makes little sense. Street Fighter isn't a story driven game like System Shock. Why throw yourself into the middle of a story? That and Street Fighter 2 was an improvement on the gameplay of the first. That wasn't System Shock 2's goal. It plays differently in many ways from the first.
I'd argue that it ruins the entire impact of Shodan's reveal.

I disagree. It was finding yourself back in that nightmare with Shodan. Shodan was a goddess in the first one. She could fuck with the station and kill you in an instant. An example of this is the death trap on level R. Shodan would constantly watch over you and threaten or berate you. Then in the second game you're faced with an entirely new side of her. New she's been humbled. Now you're forced to work with the almighty Shodan against a common enemy. That's what made it such a good twist. Your greatest foe has been reduced to your level, and there's this constant feeling of distrust between you and Shodan. It would be there regardless, but It doesn't have the same clout because you don't have a history together.

Don't be so tsundere user.

You make a fair point, I suppose. I can agree then there having played the first before the second can add additional layers to the enjoyment of the story. But I stand by my point that, during my original playthrough of SS2, I never felt lost or confused about the story, and I never had that "What? I don't get it? Am I missing something? Does this make more sense if I play the first one?" moment. I still sort of had that feeling of Shodan ending up humbled, because even without experiencing the nightmare of the first game with her, whispering nightmarish nothings in my ear the whole way through up until that point, and I still experienced the buildup of how Shodan sees herself, and what she's all about. I'm sure there would have been a much greater impact and meaning to it all, if I had played 1 before, but I'm just saying - there was still an impact there.

New Vegas. I've never done an NCR playthrough before, so that's what I'm doing now. I've almost made it to the Strip.

Jesus, I'm more drunk than I realized, because I could barely make any sense of my own post after re-reading it.

My point is that Shodan still had an immensely threatening and god-like presence in SS2, and you still got to feel how insignificant she perceives you to be.

That's all I was trying to say. I love System Shock 2 to death. I'd even say it's a better game than the first. I just feel like people should get as much enjoyment out of it as possible. I'd still say it makes the ending way cooler. Recreating the first level of SS1 and all.

It's all good.

Should I get Divinity Original sin classic, or enhanced edition?

I remember reading enhanced added quest markers?

sadly i can t porn dump even with spoiler so you ll stay with a small dick.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I know each level like the back of my hand, so it's got kind of a meditative quality to it. Also, it's aged like fine wine.

Why?

Valkirya Chronicles.

I figured, "Hey its kinda like a WW2-X-com-ish game; what could go wrong?" Instead I get crappy mechanics which, if left to a western developer, would be completely re-vamped. Seriously, I bet even EA or any other AAA developer could make the game play better. God why couldn't they play C&C or at least X-com to get a feel for turn-based games (Not that C&C is turn-based, its just you can draw a lot of comparisons to it. For instance, in C&C your tanks could run over infantry. In VC? nope, no running over. How about a system where your characters could shoot at any enemy as long as they had Line of Sight? Well VC kinda has that but nope, gotta have your dude face the right direction. Do my grenades hurt guys in an AOE? Not unless they are targetable by the character who throws the grenade. But these little things can be put aside for the two most glaring issues with this game.

1. Tanks cannot cross over trenches. Yes you read that right, Tanks cannot cross small gaps in the ground You know why the tank was developed in the first place? TO CROSS TRENCHES! Also really small and quite trivial barriers such as bushes, small rocks, etc cannot be crushed under a tank. Nor destroyed by a tank.

2. Grinding. Yeah you gotta grind in a Japanese game. I know that sounds like a dumb complaint because its the norm for their games but for a turn-based-strategy game that's pretty close to an RTS? That's fucking bullshit.

Don't get me started about the PC port.

Shitty example, because in the case of The Elder Scrolls, that's true. They deliberately don't have direct continuity, so that you can just pick up and play any of the games without feeling like you've missed something.

I found Valkyria Chronicles to be boring and ended up selling the PS3 game, so please do go on about the PC port.

Is that that Ariel Rebel chick who won't take dick on camera?

My dick.

Your penis is not a video game.

You're not supposed to hit those, Anons. You're supposed to roll into enemies and jump over/sidestep spikes to keep your momentum going.

he was referring to the sexy picture

Yes it is.

Mark isn't fit to make himself lunch, let alone be anyones sexual fantasy.

I first played Fallout 1 about 2 years ago. Stopped before I could even get to vault 15 because life reasons.
I'm playing again, for real this time, and I'm absolutely trash at it.
I never really was into turn-based games.

Fuck radscorps.
In FO2, I heard you can't side with the enclave, which makes me hesitant to play it, at least until I finish FO1.

But the Enclave is shit.

Your build is everything in FO1/FO2. Gimme a print of your stats.

You'll want to leg it from random encounters quite a bit at first. Remember, those games are from the era where you can actually be outmatched by random enemies.

Playing an assortment of games. Picked Trails of Cold Steel back up since the sequel comes out tomorrow and I figured I'd do my best to blitz through it before too long. Dreading the moment Millium becomes part of the story since she's another poor character killed by Ashly Burch.
Been playing Zero Mission again for nostalgia and to see how fast I can get it done.
Getting through Catherine little by little as well as Nier. Overall, I'm havin a good time.

Okami's extremely pleasant to play, and really charming. For some reason it's got me thinking about replaying chibi robo.

Planetside 2 has been fun, semi shotgun with slugs and the occasional dogfight, although air combat in PS2 is pretty lame imo.

Tagged small guns, first aid, outdoorsman.

I thought it'd be a nice casual playthrough like in the later games. DDDD:

Yeah, you cannot apply the standards of the later games in 1 or 2. In the old Fallout games, your stats genuinely matter and affect things in significant ways.

Your problem here is going for 'Jack of all trades' but in old Fallout terms, that just means that you're going to fail at everything. You need to min/max - pick the one or two things that you want your character to excel at, max those out, and then balance everything else accordingly. This means you will have a couple of stats at very low levels, but that's the sacrifice you make when you're playing a real proper tabletop -style roleplaying game. You can't do everything. Characters that do everything suck dick. You can only do certain things - so pick what those certain things will be.

pastebin.com/DrVHqD21

For reference, here's the build of my current FO2 character. Going for a character that absolutely sucks dick at fighting, but has wits and luck on her side, so she has to find clever solutions to combat encounters.

Fallout 1 and 2, unlike 3 or 4, are actual role-playing games, in the vein of old table-top ones, where it benefits the experience greatly to come up with an interesting character, and design their build accordingly.

disarm people on the verge of a mental break
make larger and more useless rooms because ??? it makes people happy
ensure that you space out a few joy only periods, have beer, a table, and a chessboard
ensure you are putting couples into double beds together
make your shittiest guy prioritize repair>cleaning>hauling+construction>anything they're good at+research
pave areas outside to reduce the sand/dirt getting in if you're in a desert or dryland
ensure you whitelist packaged meals and shit but yeah they avoid those, they'll prefer them once you put them in a stash

holy shit, last time I wanted to play that there was zero NA servers

and the EU ones were dog shit + hackers

fucking kill me S4 LEAGUE IN THE BUILDING PLEASE

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X. First Miku game I'm actually playing through. I'm having a good time with it, but I can't read nip.

Devil May Cry 3…
I'm afraid what's "Hell and Hell" is like. Is it doable?

Are you able to beat entire levels without getting hit?

Well it would be alright for a practice run with Trickster.

Looks pretty and has better puzzles than the first reboot. 95% of the game is pleb platforming and the combat is meh.

6/10

I'm making maps in reflex.
goddamn, that editor is a ton of fun to use.
I really with KOFXIV was on PC

i just beat MGS1 for the first time.
pretty clunky at times but it was alright and i really liked the characters especially liquid although he had a lot of potential i think as a concept that wasn't completely reached.

I'm pretty sure we'll get KoF later. Almost every fighting game gets a PC release nowadays.

VTMB.

It's alright I guess.

Pretty cool game. Not much of a reason to buy freighter ships in single player mode, since most of the time you're fighting shit both in free-roam and story mode.

Wonderful soundtrack. Mediocre gameplay.

In the unlikely event you're still around make sure you grab the patch.

Been playing Daggerfall. It's the same combination of amazing and annoying I remember from all those years ago.

But it's interesting comparing it to modern games. I still like the the combat controls (hold right mouse button and swing to do different attacks) and would love to see it in a full 3D game where swinging different ways mattered more.

Inventory feels clunky, though it's not much worse than modern games suffering form consolitis.

Playing as an archer, I can recover arrows most of the time, in more recent games you're lucky to get a few back. I think I like the DF interpretation better.

The dungeons are freaking huge. I'm undecided if this is a good or bad. Leaning towards "too much of a good thing".

Is it at all similar to Mount and Blade, DMoMM or something like Enclave? All three have slightly different systems that sound vaguely similar and are 3D.

My own.
Learning how to use Unity, trying to do two games. One surreal exploration ala Yume Nikki, and the other is just a straight up DOOM clone.

I like playing games in vanilla on my first playthrough, otherwise I feel I won't actually appreciate the changes. Not to mention the sheer amount of NV mods is overwhelming.

I'm already planning a second/third playthrough, what do you recommend? I don't like extra content mods but anything that changes performance/textures/models is a-OK.

I confess I haven't played any of those. Perhaps I should. But to expand on the description, you can do different 6 attacks by holding RB and moving the mouse (up=stab down=chop left/right or diagonal down +left/right=slash in that direction). The only real difference is a speed vs. power tradeoff, but I find it still makes melee combat more engaging that many games.

If you're going C# why not go with Monogame?

At the tail-end of the game doing sidequests before going through The Gate. Helps that I can work on multiple things at once with it, since optional dungeons provide new enemies, new gear/abilities (such as Soul Valet for Natan), and I can dump all the additional souls I acquire into Shania's fetishes and work on the requirements for her fourth spirit contract while I'm at it. Cat Pagoda is entertaining with its action movie shoutouts; the grind for Nyancoins not so much.

Almost done with this too. I don't mind standard turn-based combat, but stuff like this, Paper Mario, and Shadow Hearts that go the extra mile to give the player more input are always welcome by me. Wish weegee would bash Fawful into the ground with his hammer again like he did at the Hooniversity, since that guy's proving a pain in the ass to actually fight (fuck that one move where he spawns a block over both Mario and Luigi's head that has to be broken while he's charging an attack to safely dodge.

Mainly been replaying these to show a friend the game (he doesn't have a Vita), and he finds it pretty interesting). Really like the game; wish I'd played it sooner.

Can't really decide on what to play after all of these. My backlog's pretty big in general, and there's a lot of possibilities.

So far so good, The location looks nice,the new Pokemon look mostly like ass but at least they still let you make a team of oldies so im ok with that. Customizing your character is a welcome addition and everything is really enjoyable so far. I just wish it was more challenging.

Extremely fun and addicting. Haven`t played it in a while. But I really wanna get back into it as soon as I have some free time on my hands.

Titty ninjas I guess. Other than that the gameplay is great fun in small doses.

Best banter in a game ever. I really wanna just finish it in one sitting just to see the kind of crazy shit that happens later on in the game.

>The Division, yes you read that right.

It's another "Fun With Friends" kind of Ubisoft game. It's marginally better than the shit they usually peddle, in terms of pretty much everything from graphics to sound design to audio and even performance. The only thing that holds this game back is the atrocious spongy enemies, which is funny because it's expected of MMO's, but it feels the same as any modern FarCry.

The missions that you do are generally the same, "Go here, shoot enemy, wait for wave of enemy, rinse and repeat," although some missions mix things up with enemy traps and snipers who can almost kill you or completely kill you depending on the enemy level. The map is littered with typical Ubisoft "distractions" that will take up 10-15 seconds of your time. There's audio-logs, audio-logs with a visual twist which is actually kind of neat, albeit still pointless. Homeless people who beg you for food, which isn't much different from modern day New York, and the occasional thug who tries to shoot you, which also parallels our reality.

The story is stupid dumb shit that no one cares about. It's just another epidemic story with minor variations compared to other similar stories. You're a part of some sekrit klub that goes here and does that, but at least it's better than anything Anthony Burch has vomited onto paper in the last 32 years.

The world that Ubisoft build overall isn't too bad, The game obviously doesn't look as good as advertised at E3, on any system. Although running it at max settings on PC at 1440p, the game doesn't look atrocious, and at times it can look somewhat impressive. There's a lot of little details that were put into the game. The hyped up car door closing is there, most trash bags deform if you walk through them, there's flyers that flap in the wind stapled to poles and such, there's people looking out of the windows of buildings, some of the Christmas lights hanging around the city are actual 3D models as composed to flat 2D textures, although many of them are. Shooting some walls, objects, etc can cause bullet holes to be put through them, allowing you to actually peer through the model itself to the other side. Overall, there was some love put into the small details by someone at Ubisoft, but it still doesn't look nearly as good as the E3 demo.

Overall, it's not completely horrible, but it is boring, grindy, and Ubisoft. If you feel completely compelled to play a game similar to, but with a slightly higher quality than Borderlands 2, then I couldn't recommend getting it more than $5, or $10 if you're really starved for a mediocre game.

I played through Fairune yesterday on my 3DS. Nothing exceptional and pretty easy, but not the worst way to spend an afternoon. The boss was better than I expected, even though changing the whole gameplay model for one fight is generally bad design.

Mostly single player games I like on Steam and a few multiplayer games every now and then. My go-to games are 20XX, Assault Android Cactus, and God Hand, but when I'm up for a multiplayer match of something I do Awesomenauts or Heroes of the Storm. I used to play Dota like a crack addict but I hate what Valve did to it.

Russian Roulette

Fuck cat coins. The Mamonga village is glorious, though.

NICE MAMONGA!!!!

Been playing Trails of Cold Steel 2 and the way that game handles combat reminds me of the moderate positioning elements in the latter two SHs.

Need JRPG to play on hacked 3DS, have old flash card for DS so can emulate everything ever, and hacked vita.

ubi always had fantastic sound designers 2bee ho nest

Played MGS1, really good writing. Since it was my first 'proper' MGS game, the gameplay was strange. After playing MGS2, I found that I preferred the writing and gameplay from MGS1.

Currently making my way through Snake Eater and its breddy gud.

Playing all three versions of Dragon Quest V.
Fucking hate the DS localization, but at least Debora is worth the struggle

If you're still around user, it's Total War Attila

Just played Enclave. Seems decent, but definitely not the control scheme I was hoping for. Enclave seems to work more like Morrowind.

Got done with the first level, replayed it to get all the collectables. Pretty cool so far, had to look up the plot of the previous games to see what BJ's beef was with Deathshead. It seems that the game encourages stealth to a higher degree that other playstyles, though, since stealth kills on enemy commanders are the only way to reveal collectable locations on the map.

Can't wait to see what the game has in store for me.

Really short, really easy. Pretty much no point in playing it, since the tech it was showing off was ported back into HL2, anyways.

If I had a 3DS myself I could probably help out with suggestions, but I'm honestly not all that sure what JRPGs the system has going for it, which aren't pozzed in localization, etc. I would expect that Atlus stuff likely made it over fine, but to my knowledge they've gotten a bit too into DLC since the days of the DS and PSP.

I've decided to reinstall Skyrim after leaving it 3-4 years ago. Plenty of new neat mods. Best of all, no multiplayer.

Mods: Perkus Maximus, Live Another Life, Inigo, SkyUI (which is mandatory) and some other 20-30 mods. I don't really like mods in general. I found many of them to be poorly made. No lewd mods, if you're wondering.

Pick random start. Rolled as a lizard dude just survived from a shipwreck. Made it all the way to the nearest city, Winterhold. Almost got killed by 4 bandits where fortunately I was rescued by a merchant with his horse. I'm liking these mods so far.

Sneaking is way harder now. Can't shoot from far away and sneak and wait. Unless you have the patience of a rock. The perk mod is good, so far. It's more specialized.

Too bad vanilla Skyrim is a bit shit.

Legion, isn't actually half bad, yes a lot of the enemies are comebacks of old ones, but that actually feels kinda refreshing, It's kinda cool to see older threats coming back in a new way.

Still some problems, most boring part of it is the facebook class hall, though thats at least done a little bit better and to gate content.

Crafting is better, but there is still something missing compared to what wrath crafting felt like.

I have been playing with yo-yos lately.

I just learned Barrel Rolls, aka Atomic Bomb, and Pinwheels.

I just started playing New Vegas. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm having fun.

Just Cause 2. It's not a good game really but I just want to play for several more hours to get some achievements.

After that I will play either Resident Evil 4 or Shadow Warrior.

street fighter v
dark souls
dota 2
overwatch

So is modded Skyrim.

It's the same shit game user. You've just put sprinkles on dog poo but it's still dog poo.

Has this been updated recently? I remember I played it there wasn't much to do.

It started out really fun but then it just turned into grinding to beat skill checks. It was fun but not interesting enough to make we want to play through as the other two classes.
Dogshit
The bosses and some of the puzzles/platforming is really good but it takes too much time to walk between places and to figure out where to go. I had to look up where one of the maps was and it turns out it's somewhere in the sea. But early on using the boat becomes both obsolete, because you can use portals to travel between islands, and painfully slow if you buy a flag.

Doom with my own mod. It makes it the whole game balls fast to match the player's running speed.

I'll say this: Doom is a fucking terrifying experience when half the enemies are as fast as you.

Too many timegates. Getting loremaster was enjoyable but holy shit are they milking subs hard this expansion with this bullshit. Everything is locked behind 4hour+, often 4day+ timegates.

Unsubbed after finishing the last zone. People will be absolutely bullshit when it hits them how bad this shit is in a few weeks and the new car smell wears off.

Y's Origin
Just finished it. Pretty great. Played as Hugo, loved the action, boss fights were fun as well. Enjoyed it more than Oath In Felghana which was quite a slog towards the end. Story for this route was quite alright, even shed a tear when he was denied his waifu. I might try playing other routes before picking up another Y's, but I definitely want more.

Ogre Battle: Let Us Cling Together
Playing the CODA. The main storyline on the Chaotic route was pretty good, but the longer I play the more I hate the amount of time a turn takes. Every animation is longer that I'd like, every action takes too much imput. I don't want to use the AI, because it makes dumb decisions. Thankfully I'm emulating the PSP version which has the 3 turn death countdown for my own characters. At least I can do my turns until I get to several enemy moves in a row and then switch to reading a page of a book. I probably will finish the CODA and the Lawful route so I get more characters and then just be done with it.
Overall good TRPG with a very good story, but I definitely want something more, something better. Maybe I should try FFT again, which I got bored with after some 10+ hours of gametime.

Caves of Qud
Playing as a psychically powerful graybeard with an evil twin is pretty entertaining, but it's somewhat a bit too "storyless" in a sense, although I haven't gotten too far, I end up trying to find more wires in a random cave which looks pretty similar to the other random cave I went to exterminate those purple creatures. Skills seem pretty flat though, but it is a roguelike so what can I expect? Then again, I hardly remember a RPG with class/skill/talent system that could be described as either well thought out or deep.

Maybe I should give it another shot. Played literally 5 minutes of FF6 and put it away some years back.

Always wanted to try it, but never did. Are all the Y's correlated or each game has it's own story?

It's not that bad, but I personally preferred V because the job system was nice. In VI instead of classes you get a fuckton of characters.

Fucking Killachine.
F.O.E. ! F.O.E. ! F.O.E. ! F.O.E. !
That game is pure fun. I'm enjoying every second of it.
Got my first shiny. It's an Espeon now. That green hurt the eyes.
I hated the Amazon when I initially played (I got the game gifted at its release, I was 12 at the time) due to not clicking on the monsters and thus going full contact on them. Now it's better thanks to both the contact Amazon playing with lances, and the marvels of using Shift to stop and shoot. Summoning Necro is still more fun.

It's set 700 years before the first game and only features some elements that appear later in the game. I think all Ys games are disconnected from one another story wise except featuring some characters (not in this one, however). You should definitely try it. Good for a 6-7 hour playthrough.

Guess I'll go with FF5 then, neat job systems interest me more than a lot of characters.

Alright, thanks for the tip. I'll try it.

Play the SNES or the PS1 version of FF5, the pc one has the shit mobile graphic.

I'd suggest the GBA one with the music restoration patch, if only for the added content.

AntharioN.
RPG.
You make a team of 4 characters, and go around doing quests and shit. All combat is turn based. The loot you get is Diablo style from what I've seen so far (Level 4 Hatchet of Fortitude - Bonus effect + 1 Fortitude) along with most containers being randomly generated (though rewards you get from bosses and clearing dungeons seem to be fixed). For example I walked around for a good chunk of the game with a Steel Beer-stein because it did more damage than the level 1 one-handed weapons I could buy. I was a bit worried as I got quests for X crab meat and Y Seagull skins, but I haven't found other quests like it yet.

Dungeons are nice and big, but you don't get any waymarkers or markings you can put down yourself. You can't even blow up the mini-map to full. The same applies to the overworld, but you get fast-travel to major locations.

If you don't like the classes provided, you can assign yourself as "Custom" and build your default points as you see fit. As you level up, you get 5 points to spend in stats, and 5 points to spend in passive abilities (magic schools, lore, one-handed fighting, etc). You can also change your race and get different bonuses as well.

The game does not hold your hand. Rest often, check your spell book at the beginning to assign spells to the hot-bar of spell-casters (went through an hour of the game not realizing I had weak-healing by default), save often, save scum lockpicking if you want, and invest in lore if you want to find hidden passages.

There's some usability issues, the graphics can be basic, and the RNG is suspect as all hell (both for equipment stats and hit chance) but once got over them it's great.
9/10.

Noted. Thanks, anons.

Sounds somewhat interesting tbh.

Steam page gives it mixed reviews, but the ones I saw complaining were about difficulty, or how their loot was imbalanced (for example, the Lv 1 Steel Mug does more damage than a level 2 Hatchet often. This can also happen with armor. Even the same name on a piece of equipment can vary in weight and damage (by 1 or 2 points. Maybe it's 10% but it only looks like 1 at low levels?)

Plus you've got the two hour refund thing.

Forgot to mention the plot as well:
I just got a quest to go talk to some schmuck in another major city about it, so who knows how it'll go from there. My quest seems to be finding the 3 pieces of something to kill the asshole in another dimension who might be behind it. (This is in the first 7 hours, I'm not the quickest player and I haven't even left the first major town)

With DoctorX questlines, there are some basic quests you can do:
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/doctorx-questlines

Some are boring as shit, but others are alright.

I think Gungeon is pretty fun, but it can feel sluggish for a roguelikelike.
Also a little too unforgiving compared to the length of a typical run.
One thing that can fuck over a 60 minute run is especially some of the bosses and enemies unpredictability and random behavior pattern.

BOI is the bess, but I've done everything in it wat do.

Gungeon soundtrack is really unremarkable.
I usually wait a few hours before I mute the game to listen to something else,
but that happened a lot more sooner this time.

Unrelated, but replacing the vanilla BOI soundtrack was one of the worst moves by McMillen

I've been playing mount & blade on hardcore mode that deletes my save every time I die. Any with all the highest difficulty

I want a mod that adds harder quests

The only fun part about a game is getting better through challenge. Nothing is more fun and inspires more bravery than getting chased by 10 sea raiders knowing you'll lose everything if you die. Too bad the game makes you rely on friendly partners so much