Tranny: The Game

Will it suck? MCA is no longer around to keep them in check.

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/pillars-eternity-obsidians-lack-courage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

My shitty shop

saved

I honestly don't have a lot of hope for this game.

This was done ages ago.

You're telling me.

I just hope it doesn't make me uninstall it in disgust.

It's a game about being a villain, and they've said stuff about them focusing on making the game varied and replayable rather than long, which could be interesting, so hopefully they have enough good writing left in there somewhere to not completely fuck it up

They would have shitter gear then, not less men and small armies. Holy shit what the fuck? The gameplay does look neat, but if people who think like this are working on the game I can't have any hope for it.

literally who

Exactly.

Are we to expect enemies armed only with clubs and wearing rags?

Well no. To me it sounds like people who have access to Bronze, top grade Bronze, armors and weapons are the only people on the planet who are willing and capable of fighting. Makes sense, if you think about it. How else could you fight or wage war in anything but the best?

That just killed my hope in the game too

So you could have an "army" of dozen people getting shitcanned by a rag tag band of half starved children and old people throwing rocks at them?

Do they not have wood and stones or something?

well the non bronze armored group would clearly submit since they realized those 12 men and/or women had bronze
You can't fight bronze

The one smart ruler that figured out that you can equip 400 peasants with sharpened sticks versus 12 dudes in bronze armor, is the one that starts an empire.

I forgot what is it.

Of course. Really there aren't any rag tag bands though. Such things are a silly hypothetical, dreamed up by hallucinating heathens.

12 dudes in bronze armor win that fight if they're worth a shit

training, experience, and morale count for a lot

No way to tell, I'll just pirate it at release and see then.

So does the elevated position, if you're wielding stones and have a lot of them. I bet I could at least a quarter of that army with a couple of friends.

It's be better than nutorment if the way each business treats the codex is any indication.

Oh ok. I made it a little better. I'll save that one too

I don't think there are many occasions where an army out numbered 40 to 1 have won, especially with only moderately better gear and on a plain. Bear in mind, the peasants would also have basic training and basic gear. Much like the ashigaru or other conscripted peasants. The only way they would lose is if they ran away, but this would be less likely if they also had a few officers.

My only problem so far is in videos it looks like a clone of POE.

The UI, the sound effects even the reticles are a straight up steal.

I hope its just an early build and they polish it up later.

cannot unsee!

Is it called Tranny for a reason besides Tyranny is close to Tranny?

Did these people not invent the bow and arrow or something? Or the lance? This is some shit world building unless there's something else a lot more clever going on.

The only reason I could think of for not to have a large army is magic
but thats a bullshit excuse

Wouldn't they just have a large army of mages then? Or instead the presence of wizards making war impossible. At which point you would have to wonder why anyone would any kind of army at all.

You must be new around these parts.
techraptor.net/content/pillars-eternity-obsidians-lack-courage

it'd be situational on how magic works, if it's where magic is balls out hard to learn and there's only a few people worth the title wizard then it becomes a game of raiding and avoiding major open fights and to effectively raid you need lots of bodies, so that's an issue with their theory
I really can't come up with anything where it makes any sense at all to not have large bodies of men doing the fighting as opposed to 20 good men in bronze

Ohhhhhh right, I forgot about that

Why bother? It will be PoE but shittier.

user a man armed with a sling and a good few rocks was a threat to full armoured Roman Legionaries. Hell Israeli soldiers get killed even nowadays by Palestinians with slings.

This is the most retarded explanation for "why we all got conquered" I've ever heard. If they as much as took a very cursory glance at a history book, they'd know what absolute bullshit this train of thought is!