Nuka Break crowd gets shafted

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iq8swQ7kpg
kickstarter.com/projects/waysidecreations/legend-of-grimrock-the-series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"The Legend of Grimrock Kickstarter campaing was Padded. To ensure the campaign succeeded individual investors were asked to put in lump sums with the promise of their money back, plus interest, when the campaign closed."

Great job OP.

I watched Nuka Break but I know nothing about any of these people or this Wayside Creations. This feels like pity party shit. Explain what's going on here pls

"So, while it looks like the Legend of Grimrock campaign Kickstarter made $121,649, we found loan contracts that make up for at least $65,750 of those dollars with an additional $6,625 of those backer's money paid out in interest….The actual money raised looks closer to maybe 30 or 40k

I said "WebM coming soon". Once I'm done encoding it.

Comments and ratings deactivated of course, bunch of faggots. Never pay for an unfinished product ever

This happens way too much and it always fails.

Who?

what the fuck is this and why should i care?
some kickstarter shit?

Literally Who/What?

For a sec after

's post I was afraid the devs behind Legend of Grimrock are in some shit but apparently Wayside Creations (who?) are unrelated, thank god.

asking the important questions

the video style is like one of those Hollywood lefty guilt commercials. aids.
kickstarters gonna kickstarter.

Nuka Break series:
youtube.com/watch?v=_iq8swQ7kpg

Kickstarter Campaign:
kickstarter.com/projects/waysidecreations/legend-of-grimrock-the-series

Can you write a complete sentence of your own words instead?

no but seriously, where did the kikestarter shekels go?

It starts with a J and rhymes with you.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_iq8swQ7kpg
What in the holy fuck is this garbage

Nuka Break, you dumbfuck.

and theyre proud of this pile a rancid cat piss??

Oh shit, I'm sorry, this is an important detail.

Wew, sounds complicated. Don't know why they couldn't just talk about it like normal people instead of all the jump cuts and scripts, but whatever.

So what exactly happened? How did they get fucked by their own company… or was it Kickstarter? I'm not good with this stuff but it didn't sound to me like they explained it terribly well.

I want op to answer a simple question: why did you think Holla Forums was the place where people would know/care about this shit?

That explains the who but not the what.

Imagine if grimrock II made that much extra in sales instead of it going to some shitty indie movie, a kickstarted one at that. What the fuck

Because I thought it was worthy of sharing. Sage it if you think it's not worth your time (or report it if you really want).

Hol up
Let's figure this out
They say that they had a company
but that company doesn't actually exist
because it's all idea, people and friendships
then some thing happened
and they no longer "work" (?) at this company
and are salty about something

But why

You think a fraud isn't worth sharing?

Thank God I'm not the only one confused as all fuck. They also have something to do with grimrock… but they make movies and videos.

But who's defrauding whom

The Kikes at Geek and Sundry got with other kikes who "invested" $65k all together, made their money back, plus the retard's money too, knowing full well that the movie wouldn't be made

yer what dubs guy said

Care to give a full greentext rundown of the event… for dummies?

I was one of those Fucktards who thought I was helping Kickstart the thing. Here I am at 2 a.m. and I get an E-mail from wayside creations and think "Finally! got some news from these guys, but the E-mail address looks a bit off". I follow the link and get this unlisted video explaining all this shit.

But you weren't even kickstarting anything that could be good one day.
What were you thinking?

I've read this whole thread, and I'm still not sure what this thread is about. You, the OP, just threw a video at us with no context. We don't know who these people are or why they're surprised a Kickstarter imploded. Write some words, nigga.

Fucking fag of an op, creates the biggest mystery of XXI century and disappears.

I'm not good at explaining things, but I recognized that it was important.

Why didn't you start with this? 42 replies in and only now are you making sense.

Anyway, that's what you get for selling out to a company. I hope the people who paid into the kickstarter sue those chumps for cutting and running rather than doing anything to get them a refund because they think they can do that because they cherrypicked fan responses and overacted in that vid.

i wonder how much it cost to make this video.

Did these niggers not know what happened to their own money? But allowed A DIFFERENT COMPANY to make a kickstarter in their fucking name. WOW HO HO, holy shit, hipsters are devoid or reason.

These fucking "Loan Contracts" what are these fucking "Loan Contracts".

Long story short for those who still don't understand.

I posted it before I knew everything that was going on. helped me recognize completely that it was Kikery.

So they trusted Felicia Day?

So basically

Hoooo boy, that's some powerful jewing.

tl;dw for retards

Basically a Jewish Media company stole their company and $30,000 from their fans. These guys are guilty of nothing but being gullible, they are victims of kikes. This is actually investor Fraud.

And of course recast their characters, while still retaining the series that wayside made, and stating that their only obligation was to cover the cost of the show they were already making without them.

Its not just Jewing, its actual investor fraud.

But Wil Wheton and Felicia Day are the King and Queen of geekdom!

Sounds like jewing 101

You don't seem to understand, they won't be recasting the characters, they won't be doing anything. They stole 30-50k from legitimate kickstarter backers and probably will go into hiding.

Isn't Geek and Sundry at fault then?

Methinks someone with a good chunk of change could fund a lawsuit.

Jewing implies stealing through legal means. This is closer to the illegal side.

You know what, I think this might be the perfect thing for g*merg*te

QUICKLY, SEND THE SIGNAL

No no, King and Queen of Cuckdom.

"Geek culture" will defend this.

This culture is so ugh and ewww.

I don't get it.

They have plausible deniability, as they said in the video they have legal right to know who the investors are, G&S not responding to repeated requests over the course of over a year means they're either the so-called investors in question or they're in on the scheme. Wayside should just call the FBI.

Jews generally skirt the law but don't break it, you're a dumb kike if you break the law especially in such an easily identifiable way.

Too bad we don't have another pissed off billionaire sitting around

They don't even need to, they could literally just call the FBI

Glad I got it. Guess it ends being a tale of caution to those looking to produce content. Never sell your company to a bigger company you don't know. I'd imagine they weren't so gullible that they didn't read the fine print, so it begs to question how they ended up in the predicament they are in in the first place… though they really just may not have read the fine print.

Felicia Day looks like Joe Camel.

It probably wasn't in the fine print, they probably neglected to inform them when they would have to pay the interest at all.

Would one of us be allowed to do it?

Dubs of truth, checked.

Or the FTC, kikestarter gets pressured to get involved, legal parties can call in the muscle if Freak and Cuckry refuses to cooperate, but this all depends on those fucking gullible idiots who supported that kikestarter.

She looks more like a rat to me.

You can, in fact you can anonymously

Fuck you niggers, for a moment I was afraid the LoG devs had been in trouble.

Who gives a fuck about these hipster faggots?

I'm calling it in first thing in the morning. They Jewed me out of fifty bucks.

The important thing is that we can all agree she doesn't look human.

Then I suppose people are right in saying they need to contact the FBI. I imagine a backer could do that as well. Interesting stuff, and it always sucks to see passion projects fucked like this.

So to summarize:
NOT VIDEO GAMES

I know they say that you can, but I really doubt it's actually anonymous.

… what if she isn't?

Because they make really good props and value the source material?

Then let them do it on their own, they need to get some evidence out that they got jewed, otherwise, they're on their own.

Mostly laughing at retards who would trust their fucking money to Cuck Wheton and Fellatio Day.

WHY?!

Probably because they make good props and shit

see

Video games are for children, kid.

Of course she isn't, but she is trying to look like one and she has failed horribly.

And do these backers get some of those props or only fucking hi-res pictures of them? anyways, good luck, hope those guys get fucked.

Yep, some of the kickstarter rewards are set props or copies of set props.

Yeah, nah, it looks like complete shit and has "liberal arts degree" vomited all over it.

Glad these unfunny fucks got what was coming.

Inb4 they send you after a year of waiting an email of "Thank you for believing in us!" while they scurry to the darkest corners with your money.

It being funny or not has nothing to do with the source material

so much cancer

They already had 2.5 seasons of sending props and junk, it wasn't until they sold their company that shady shit happened. Again wayside is not at fault here, their parent company victimized them.

It has. This piece of shit is FO3 tier with its "humor".

Stop shilling Wayside.

No it really doesn't, just because a FanFic is bland does not mean that its not lore-friendly. I like the show because its lore-friendly and has great props.

We'll be waiting for you and the others who got cheated to fight back and fuck those assholes like Gawker.

I only backed them initially after their first fan film 5 years ago when they were independent.

Thanks for the breakdown. I had to look this shit up because I've never heard of Nuka Break.

Thanks for the webm. These people are stupid for not being able to track shit if what above is true. I'd fuck each of those bitches though. Shame about the one in the pink looking like a jewish rat but the tits are nice.

I found this randomly and its breddy gud. Besides not explaning why would securotrons give a fuck about red star caps and quite lame "muh super mutant" make up/mask instead of an easier to make generic mutant.

Probably because it has fuck all to with Fallout 3. I vaugely remember watching first episode of Nuka Break and vomiting.

What I want to know is how the fuck can Wayside Creations, or any of the other niggers on the internet for that matter, have legal jurisdiction to create works based off some corporation's intellectual properties and not get taken to fucking court? Bethesda, as shitty as they are, own the rights to the Fallout franchise. You can bet your ass that Disney, who owns the rights to Star Wars, would send out cease and desist orders the moment they find out some small time company is generating crowdfunding in order to develop productions based on their property. We've seen this shit time and time again in the past, so why didn't Bethesda put their foot down when it came to this shit?

YouTube faggots can get away with it through loopholes. Often they can the corporation in question's blessing Marikiplier being given 10 grand to shill Star Wars Battlefront on the grounds that they can get free publicity/social marketing for their product, which will in turn drive sales. They're about the only exceptions, though. How is it that faggots on Patreon who draw Overwatch whores fucking Solid Snake or whatever for their patrons don't get shut down by Blizzard/Konami/whatever?

You can say it's "transformative work" or "fair use" but that's bullshit, because often times these works are merely used as fanservice that don't make some political or cultural statement or utilize the original work in a practical way that would justify its use.

Couldn't Bethesda sue the everloving fuck out of them for trying to make money on their property?

Some companies are okay with it. Star Trek in particular has had several fan productions significant enough to have actors from the actual shows appear them.

Was that the case when it came to Wayside Creations/Bethesda? If not, then I'd think that these people should consider themselves lucky they don't have legal fees up the asshole for infringing on intellectual property. I've watched some of their Nuka Break series, and based on what I've seen, it seems to be a deliberate usage/upheaval of the Fallout universe, with "original characters" supplanted in lead roles. There is no commentary or criticism, though I suppose you may be able to argue that the fact that this is a series of films, another medium entirely, is enough to justify it as a transformative work.

I don't know, I'm no legal expert, and fair use often confuses me. I would think that Bethesda would have the legal right to shut this sort of production down because it directly capitalizes on a potential market that they could decide they'd like to tap, and without ever providing any commentary, criticism or parody.

Fair use would be applicable if they used material already made (ie game models, marketing material, movies) and critiqued or significantly transformed it.

Really all it comes down to is that it's up to the company that owns the copyright to enforce it., and they are lucky that Bethesda hasn't come down on them, but that might just be because Bethesda's not trying to get ownership of their work until it's finished or near finished.

And before someone starts in with them losing the copyright, that's for trademarks.

No , they just sold out to the jew and now get what's coming to them

First rule of acquisition is ; in order for the jew to buy you out , you must be willing to sell out first. What actually turns my stomach is the amount of complacency all the good goyim are exhibiting being all
because it shows me there is still a long way to go before kikestarter and hipster welfare trend die off

No, this doesn't have anything to do with Legend of Grimrock the game.

No, this doesn't have anything to do with Geek and Sundry. Just Wayside Creations.

Saying they'll have "investors" put large lump-sums ahead to boost the kickstarter so they can get their money back plus interest

The important part of the story is this quote. I'm not a lawyer, but if someone told me that 'faking' investments by telling your friends you'll pay the money back immediately was a felony, I'd buy it. However, if Wayside blows all of the Kickstarter money on coke and hookers but still fulfill their Kickstarter promises, it's not clear if that's investment fraud.