DHS Cuts Red Tape to ‘Immediately’ Begin Border Wall Construction

archive.is/HgAOV

To more quickly begin constructing President Trump’s wall plan along the U.S.-Mexico Border, the Department of Homeland (DHS) is cutting red tape that would otherwise delay the project.

DHS announced this month that the agency issued a waiver that allows for the “expeditious construction of barriers in the vicinity of the international border near Calexico, California.” The announcement removed legal obstacles that came in the form of environmental and land management federal regulations.
DHS officials said in a statement:

This current waiver covers certain border infrastructure projects in the United States Border Patrol’s El Centro Sector, a critical sector for border security. In fiscal year 2016 alone, the United States Border Patrol apprehended more than 19,400 illegal aliens and seized approximately 2,899 pounds of marijuana and approximately 126 pounds of cocaine in the El Centro Sector.

The El Centro Sector remains an area of high illegal entry, and replacing the existing fencing, which was built in the 1990s and no longer meets the Border Patrol’s operational needs, is a high priority.

To begin to meet the need for additional border infrastructure in this area, DHS will implement a border fence replacement project. This project will focus on an approximately three-mile segment of the border within the El Centro Sector that starts at the Calexico West port of entry and extends westward, replacing approximately two miles of the existing primary pedestrian fence with a new bollard wall. Congress funded the project in the FY 2017 DHS Appropriations Act.

Under the helm of DHS Acting Secretary Elaine Duke, the agency is following through on Trump’s ‘Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements’ executive order by continuing “to take steps to immediately plan, design and construct a physical wall along the southern border, using appropriate materials and technology to most effectively achieve complete operational control of the southern border.”
The expediting of the southern border wall construction is part of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) which was passed by Congress in 1996 to give DHS more leverage in constructing physical barriers and illegal immigration deterrents along the border.

The 1996 law, for instance, gave DHS the ability to waive federal regulations in order to more quickly construct a border wall to deter illegal immigration from high-trafficked areas of the U.S.-Mexico Border.

Other urls found in this thread:

dhs.gov/news/2017/09/12/dhs-issues-waiver-expedite-border-construction-project-imperial-valley-ca
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

get back to us when they are actually pouring concrete

This.
I wanna see stone otherwise I'll be doubtful.

What? Why would DHS even bother to make a waiver if they're not going to build anything.

Somebody get these guac bowl merchants outta here! Get 'em out!

Everyone is on edge right now because there are conflicting reports about what is going down with the wall, daca and everything else.

I see the 97 faggot discord circle jerk is dutifully ignoring this thread.

nigger dhs does not control their own budget for something as costly as the wall.

go suck paul ryan's dick in a bathroom stall, maybe you can get a couple hundred feet of wall snuck into the National Gallery of Art's budget where his rothchild and cianigger handlers wont notice it.

stfu

Checked for sass and the xers shilling us hard.

Did you even read the article? DHS just removed a legal obstacle to upgrade border fencing, and specifically are citing the executive order.

4D Chess Wins Again

endkikes eternally shitter shattered

Aren't landmines cheaper than a wall?

and nasa said they would be walking on mars in 2014 nigger, who runs the budget? these kikes:

They already have the budget to do this, read their fucking announcement.
dhs.gov/news/2017/09/12/dhs-issues-waiver-expedite-border-construction-project-imperial-valley-ca

please explain how DACA now reinstated and border wall defunded , wtf>>10601752

waiver: for El Centro Sector California
total length: 70 miles
Runs along border with tijuana, where the majority already has two walls. i just ran the whole sector border on maps, looks like a 1-2 mile section that does not have two walls. So that waiver is for that specific section of double wall.
FUCKING BASED

No shitty fence please. I was promised a big, beautiful wall. Wall or bust.

See this other thread for why my jimmies are all rustled up right now:

Also if you have not, run the border in satellite view, take a look at how our border security is absolutely fucked, north of pontevedra the wall just ends with huge gaps in any kind of fence line at all.

The Federal government sucks at everything it does. We need a wall and a complete sensor net to detect underground tunnels and people trying to go over. It's not that hard and other countries have that stuff, like ISRAEL - which we PAID FOR!

Our congress is in the pockets of big business. You need so many tens of thousand dollars in campaign funding just to run for the House or Senate, so of course they're all whores to liberal and kike corporations. The system is fucked and anyone who still has faith in it is a complete retard.

I'd pour concrete into her.. if you know what I mean.

Will do, famalam.