3D Realms

They're doing a new platformer that seems to be a mix of commander keen and conker esque humor.

Looks like shit.

The pipe joke could have ended with her saying it's her ex husband. Less cursing would have been nice too (in the sense of too much profanity ruins certain jokes).

Give me 3D or nothing, there's a place for this trash. Live shitty 2D platformers to indies, we already have enough of those and we certainly don't need any from big devs.

What the fuck is this going for? Who is this intended for?

Oh no

It smells like Trash

pedos

Oh man this looks cool 3D platformers are really being reviv-
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

The Borderlands audience of course.

Anyone else reminded of a bolt pistol?

That aside, this looks like a glorified flash game.

for the Sausage Party audience

Ill buy it if its not over 20 bucks.

Conker audience.

I will give it a try if the game is at least fun.

same here

not saying I'd buy it, but I'd play it.

Oh god, I almost glossed over that reply, but you're right. That's gonna be a thing now, huh? Fuck this gay earth.

Was sausage party even successful? I haven't heard anything about it other than a few people taking videos of empty theaters

spotted the gen5+ kiddies. the game would be just as shit if not moreso if it was 3d.

Probably didn't do that great, but the marketing for it was all content producers need to go "look at deadpool, and now this! The age of kiddy artstyles and subject matter with offensive adult humor is NOW"

The Jews who made the film are getting rich while the animators who got jack shit while working overtime without pay and the threat of blacklisting might be planning to sue the fuckers.

I kinda like it. Bonus points for making a trailer that contains gameplay.

Quite better than singing a cringy song about twitter woes in front of a fucking audience, definitely gonna check on this game.

The only thing I'm interested in seeing is how hard this bombs.

Looks like fun.

It's like the Great Vagina Sisters only they replaced the two lolis with a shota and Kratos the robot.

According to IMDb, the budget for it is estimated to be $19 Million. It made nearly double on opening weekend and as of September 1st, it has currently grossed $83,146,124

So I'd imagine yes, it was a financial success (Not for the people doin overtime though)

looks pretty surprisingly good to me

Why are 2D platformers infesting the market but 3D platformers are dead?

If Yooka Laylee is successful maybe there's a chance for more 3D platformers to be made.

I see you are under age and have never played Conker.

Because Indies are used to shitting out 2D crap and its much easier for them to make than 3D.

2d platformers are piss cheap to crank out (most 2d games in general, really)

Except the 1 genre which is best in 2D. Fighting games.

For fuck's sake.

How to 3D realms:

Guy discovers fire. Game is about setting everything on fire.

People with guns show up also firemen and you must kill them because you must be happy.

Not gonna lie, it definitely did give me an Apogee vibe of the good ol' days of shareware games of the 90s.

The humor is pretty cringe tho. It's a shame that it's 2.5D.

Conker had far more elegance to it than this

Hell I dont remember Conker's humor being this bad.

I haven't even played the game (had a PS1 as a kid, haven't gotten around to emulating it) but isn't the opening scene of the game Conker puking his guts out?

The opening scene is a shot-for-shot recreation of the opening scene from Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, so no, the puking comes afterwards

It starts out in Clockwork Orange-esque fashion. The puking happens when he leaves the bar.

Well that makes a little more sense.

the fighters and their moves exponentially grow in cost and size alongside each other

Looks good.

In a fair world, this game would sell more copies than Mighty no 9.

I would be interested. If it was a fps.

2D > 3D

That hasn't been finished yet? Even fucking MN9 presented SOMETHING.

BCR2 and DNMP were fun.

Fuck off.