"DLC"

This is $80.

Why is this okay.

its not. unfortunately some one out there buys into it and they keep making bullcrap DLC

Kill yourself.
Kill yourself harder.

Because EA knows the majority of the Sims fanbase consists Tumblrettes AKA Most Valuable Chiksas. They buy whatever they peddle since it's the only game they'll buy for years.

Everyone who isn't a EA slave has likely pirated it or has stuck with Sims 3.

Because things are worth what people are willing to pay. And as we all know, gamers are the stupidest of all consumer groups.

Not as dumb as women.

3 looks like shit, 4 has an already released mod for fugging and so far seems to be working nicely (still years away from getting to the point KW is right now).
What good does higher res texture does if your art style is shit? Sims 3 looks like dogshit and it runs even worse.
Regardless, you shouldn't pay for either, not the game, much less the DLC.

Women are the ones that pay for this shit.

And women are not gamers.

It's okay when people buy it user. Why are Nintendo games still full price after 2 years?

Where's the indiefag dev who's making a Sims clone that's superior to S4 like how Cities Skyline is superior to Sim Shitty?

Because it's optional and no one is forcing you to buy it, and it consistently makes money. Devs tend to make DLC after the core game is finished to turn in extra revenue.

Because these faggots have always been around and wanting to milk as much money out of you as possible. Here is a faggot who wants paid mods for instance, from 2005, complaining that The Nameless Mod can't be published because it references other IPs.

Nigger are you even aware of what makes up the DLC for Sims 4? They were gonna make pools paid DLC until people bitched and moaned enough about it. A feature that's been in the base game since the start of the series.
This is blatantly EA cutting content to sell to idiots. Their kikery knows no bounds

Yes, I do.

This is just "stuff" packs, which add in furniture generally.

EA's been doing this shit with The Sims for years, they practically lead the pack on it. They're a special kind of cancer, but it's hardly a surprise anymore. Everybody that's not computer illiterate just pirates all of the expansions these days anyway.

You think that's bad?

Early Access games are going to sell DLC now before they're even finished.

Thanks Gaben

These publishers make money by selling products, if people keep buying they will keep selling.
The only way this is going to stop is if the general public become informed consumers hahahahaha…. I made myself sad :^(

the first sims had like 19 expansion packs

blame the retards who are buying it.

The majority of people playing the Sims are casuals (also female). These people are happy to pay over the odds for more content since this is one of the few games they will actually play and they do not know any better.

What the fuck is wrong with humanity?

if people buy it, then it is ok.

Normalfags are now braindead consumer whores.

this is why I wasn't super incensed about the "wailing hyperconsumer" line in the gamers are dead fiasco. There are a lot of gamers, and its seems the majority of them are more than willing to put up with horseshit like this, even ask for it, feed into it.

Our hobby is fucked because of it and there is no recovery. Companies will always milk the most that they can out of their clients, and these people just roll right over every time.

W-what if the Top Sellers charts are rigged like presidential polls?

Someone post Train Simulator's "Drain my entire life savings Simulator" DLC.

You think that's expensive DLC?

Someone post the Paradox DLC list along with price

holy shit

burn this industry

small teim

Of all bullshit policies, this one is actually OK. Simulators don't sell the simulator, they sell content for the simulator, which itself is free.

impressive. who's making all this? how much content does one pack have?

It's okay because you don't have to buy it.
Calm down lol

you should let me suck your dick lol

I'm not a good topper uwu

Dead or Alive has a $90 season pass, and it's not worth the money.

what does it matter if you're besting the shittiest installment in a series?

small downtown area*

I just checked Train Simulator 2016, and it surpasses $5000 in DLC now. Holy shit.

I think the old train simulator had like $20 grand worth of DLC, iRacing DLC costs like $3 grand.

But agian, simulators work differently. You're not supposed to buy all that shit. You're only supposed to buy one of them, the one you're autistic about, and play the fuck out of it since you're such an autist. Shit is hyper-detailed with clickable cockpits and shit, where you can't get a plane to start the engine without reading 300 page manual. It's different from your normal games where DLC is just some stupid guns or characters or extra location, none of which mean shit because they're all the same.

Because enough people buy it to warrant keep making it. Happy customer = happy merchant.
Now tell my why it is not okay?

Wait until all the dlc comes out, wait until the vanilla+all dlc bundle goes on sale, and save yourself a a quarter-hundred dollars.

Also it's worth mentioning, that by the time you get to buy any of these, you normally would already own $5000 physical cockpit and $3000 computer to run the damn thing on adequate framerate.

He's tanned.

It was always been this way with the Sims between expansions packs and shit. I think the Sims 1 with all the expansions is as expensive as this But mostly because every expansion was a new game on it's own

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but if it's like the Sims one where there is a lot of content added, is justified.

You say this, but consider gaming in terms of the other major media industries.

The music industry, for instance, is perhaps one of the depraved and corrupt sectors of the free market.

Think about Hollywood in it's multi-billions,
Think about how every financially successful show on television is milked until it's episodes number in the hundreds.

Our industry is what it is because of incompetence as well as the very people who feed it.>>10602674

That's not even the worst the Train Simulator has done.