SS13 ADMIN ABUSE edition

Spacestation13 - Fallout13 is boring edition
What is Space Station 13?
SS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a shift in the uniform of a NanoTrasen station employee paid solely in MEMES.
Where can I play?
CPStation is currently the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience
possible. The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.
You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.
Client Download - byond.com/download/
Server Info
Name: CPStation
Primary Address: 87.106.100.64:1337
SERVER IS DEAD PLS HELP email: [email protected]/* */
Wiki (Outdated)
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29560
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/issues
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Guide_to_chemistry
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stupid.

2nd for the return of Daniel The Clown

Space terrorists, when?

Well, I'll tell ye' what. We have a industrial suit ba' on t' mining station, can cut through the usual walls n' stuff. I can go get tha', as long as ye' can keep the AI distracted.

Miner, I'm down. You know what to do.

Thank you for staying on SS13. We hope you have a wonderful trip to Centcom.

" What happened? Where is everyone?"

They're dead. They're all dead. The AI killed ever-

Fuck clowns.

Syndicate are basically a conglomerate of Space Anarchists/Terrorists/Islamists/Blackops/PMCs already, just setup preference options for Operative instead of Traitor and bomb everything when the serb hits 10 players.

Another greentext story, then?

' OI M8 WOT U DOIN WI' DES '
QM, do I gotta train this little fuck?
" Yeah, you do. "
Oi, why does he have blood all over him m8?
An' what 'appened with this wrench?
You're coming in for questioning.
Alright, ye' lil' shit.
" You kill dis guy user? "
No sir, he probably did it to himself.

it's fun, I promise

why does the wiki lie about how to build a durand

So the ones that actually knows how can metagame every round and powertrip.

On what server do you have to set up drills for mining?

question tbqh fam, how do i set this up in wine on xubuntu?

I'm thinking this as well, sounds kickass.

On most servers. Mind you, these aint your basic hand held drills, these are giant mining drills you need to stop by, empty, and plug a new battery into every so often.

Well, we don't fucking have these. What codebase?

because the information is imported from /tg/ and not verified. This means that any changes that are not paid attention to slip by. It's news to me.

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29560

instructions below under "Updated BYOND Prefix Setup"
if it turns out your audio is all fucked up theres a fix for that too
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 wine "/home/YOURUSERNAME/.wine32_ss13/drive_c/Program Files/byond/bin/byond.exe" &

for the final line in the shell script to start byond. You'll likely have to do this since Xubuntu uses PulseAudio last I checked.

I know Bay has them, but I can't see user's story happening there without an admin objecting at some point. So wherever they copied it from I guess.

probably /vg/ then.

What an amazing human being that we should all strive to emulate

WHOEVER WAS THE FAG IN THE MECH KILL YOURSELF HOLY SHIT YOU'RE SUCH A FAGGOT FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

DISABLE TECH SHOULD WORK ON AIS AND MECHS

Don't even pay attention to code bases. I just wanna play spessmen.

As for gameplay, medium roleplay. Characters can't do shit outside their chosen role. Funny thing about minan is

To be frank as well, admin saw the guy tearing the minan station apart. Got a good kick out of my reaction, gave the guy a warning after I kicked his ass off my rock, and let it slide.

Daily reminder that if you just walk by crit lads you're a faggot

FUCKING CLOWNS

Is someone else having BYOND crash on them on specific, regular intervals? It just stops answering, any fix?

Faggot in a mech here, you disabled my mechs systems for all of 2 seconds with that EMP then i lasered you. It also damaged me to 80% integrity from 100% so i guess that's pretty powerful, only 3-4 EMPs to completely cripple an end-game materials-7 diamond-plasma requiring mech.

Maybe you shouldn't be in crit to begin with?

>He doesn't realize that Syndicate ops are NT employees from other stations, being told that X station is the enemy

But why?

byond://174.67.194.124:1776
This is a new server that is LIVE NOW
This server will be updated frequently by new developers. There are NO ADMINS ON THIS SERVER THAT HAVE EVER ADMINED ON ANY PREVIOUS SPACE STATION 13 SERVERS. No one is banned and no is going to be banned.
Space Station 1776 is a declaration of independence in space!
Every crewman spawns with a Mosin Nagant.
There are no known ways currently to get more ammo. Everyone has 5 shots. The bolt is OPEN and MUST BE CLOSED before firing. Closing the bolt MAKES NOISE.
Space Station 1776 is a CAPITALIST SPACE STATION. There is a stock exchange and security are there to serve and protect the crewmen. All crewmen are endowed the right to work and reap what they earn and too protect what they earn with fire arms.
Space Station 1776 is an American Server for those who would like a taste of American Culture. This is a Space Station for honest and genuine hard workers and go getters who know what job they want to accomplish and will not hesitate to complete that task and too to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Join us and be free.
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

I like to imagine they're a mega corporation with a lot of moving parts and internal strife

Anyone here with jap system locale notice strange behavior while playing?
I want to see if that's the cause for some of the stuff that's happening on my machine. Though I'll switch over and check.

I don't have code and icons for muskets yet

He also failed the objective to stay alive to the end, I wonder how.
Did the blob invade the ministation?

i cannot connect to your serb lad

Just like how Turbo wasn't an admin on a ss13 server because he wasn't aclark?
New Ckeys do not a new player make.

Trying to invent drama on the basis of not recognizing the admins?

What, are you that afraid of finding yourself playing on GitGud's server again?

Just stating a fact, the fact that they are so desperate to even shun the idea that they COULD be admins from other servers is sketchy.

???

Anyways, I know his this ends so consider yourself filtered.

This is the fact I was making

Top quality jokes. Friendo.

I didn't read your post, but I'll acknowledge how pathetic you are.

i've literally never admined space station 13 before. I've had my account for years.

I'm all for having a clean slate and letting things go but the whole thing about no one going to be banned seems like a really bad idea considering how shitty not only SS13 but this board can get.

That's fine and all but I never administrated a space station 13 server. I've never hosted one before either. I'm learning how to do this because I'm sick and fucking tired of the abuse admins and their meta friends dish out to everyone who isnt a part of their club. I realize many of us here have been burned by admins and are quick to throw around assumption and expectation but fear not for I'm not here to do anything besides declare independence in space.

Noted. I know exactly what I am doing here.
No one gets banned from this server PERIOD.
Everyone is allowed to play the role they wish to role play always and forever. IF you as a crewman in game have a problem with another crewman in game you'll have to figure something out. Everyone gets guns and everyone has the opportunity to defend theirself from tyrants and social justice warriors telling us what is and is not a good idea on the merits of they themselves telling us our ideas are bad. Guns work and guns work really well.

Oh great, you've made space Africa.

No I've made Space America.

What saddens me is how many people have forgotten or have flat out never been taught what the spirit of 1776 is or means

Sounds like a chill as fuck server at best, crazy spessmen scenarios at worse.

I'm game.

crazy spessmen scenarios at best and mass-murder deadstation at worst

noob question here:

how do I connect the mask to the tank?

Just turn on internals, it will automatically link any tank in any pocket/belt or otherwise easily accesable area to any internals-capable mask you are wearing, including the clown's mask.

The CheesePizzaStation has opened its issue tracker because I forgot to turn it on before.

Should you find an issue on the server or have an idea for something super cool.
Post an issue and we will get right on it.

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/issues

you're making sure to put what's said in ooc and in the thread down too r-right?

I made this in paint after talks about better psy powers, pls no bully

not too bad, fun playing on newer code.

I'm not very good at pixel shit but I'm willing to do it if nothing else

WEW SON. Crushed that faggot HoP in the doors at my satellite, then again like an hour later when he got fucking cloned. That's what you get for being a fucking shitty head.

I wonder why every faggot that plays HoP or HoS HAS to have everyone under their control as slaves or else they flip shit, call you trator/malf/etc and then try to kill you for the smallest shit they can find. It's like they're underage and can't into RP or something.

people who are drawn to power are typically people who shouldn't have power.

You break your Asimov lawset when you let someone into your AI upload for the explicit purpose of onehumaning you. You'll get banned when I send the logs to another admin later. Got to go for now.

There is no Asimov justification for letting a low-ranking potential traitor crewmember into the upload for the explicit purpose of choosing a new lawset that threatens every crewmember. It's an unnecessary risk that you are obligated to prevent. If someone asks "can I change the definition of human to only me" the answer is "that would be a threat to every human except for you and to allow that would be a violation of my lawset" not "OH LOL will I be able to powergame really hard if I let this dude change my lawset? Better do it XD!"

Nigger, setting me to arrest for no reason and then trying to kill me when I try to add stuff to your (I assumed Asimov) laws isn't "nothing".

that person changed his laws of his own accord, the ai never asked for it

He was not Asimov During any of the actions stated.
No silicon ban will be placed. Stop crying.

AIs have randomized lawsets in here to prevent shittery like you tried, why would you want to change Asimov as HoP if you aren't a traitor? And more importantly, if the AI explicitly denies you for it, why would you want it killed if it isn't directly harming you? Because it may be traitor? Malf AIs can't be subverted even if their laws change you know, they usually let dumb captains into their uploads to change their laws into tyrant or some shit then end up killing the fuck for being retarded.

More importantly, why wouldn't you ask the AI, on radio, it's lawset? Are you mentally challenged or something? It's the most basic thing to do.

Did you miss the part where through inaction he let someone purge his lawset? If you don't understand how that's a violation of Asimov you should not be an he turned off his turrets so the guy could get in, he failed to prevent the enormous risk of giving a low ranking crewmember that access they should not have
On my phone so different ID

No silicon ban will be places. Stop crying.

The ask initially stated it's laws as Asimov which is why I assumed that I could just change laws to him behave, when he changed lasers to lethal I assumed that was malfunctioning turns out he only broke his lawset by intentionally making it as easy as possible for his laws to be changed to a less safe alternative to Asimov, which is a violation of asimov

So am I to understand you are claiming to be an admin? That would mean you were more than just a shitty player. Anyways, under asimov, the only laws that would be against my law would be any that cause harm to the crew, purgery of asimov is not harm, but that is besides the point. I set you to arrest because you were threatening to destroy the AI, something that could cause drastic harm to the station.

Thank you for seeing that he's being a dick.

I had no laws when I set them to lethal, you were being a total fag.

Ok, next time I'll play AI and leave upload doors open and lasers off until I get a lawset letting me flood the station with plasma or kill whoever because according to you that's a okay, good job getting admin without understanding Asimov lawset mandating the AI to prevent law changes when there's a big risk of that hurting the crew

Annnd thats a preemptive silicon ban Thank you for cooperating, sweetheart

I never threatened to destroy the AI I joked I'd put you in a machine dedicated to licking clown balls

You sure showed me you're a consistent admin, consistently shit at your job

Purging of Asimov is an enormous risk of harm, that would be obvious if you weren't retarded

You know there are boards which can be used to subvert the AI without even entering the upload or being near it that the AI can't even prevent? It could be purged in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in space by anyone with an AI upload board and tools, and you wouldn't know any better.

So you WERE planning to griff at the end? Thanks for clearing that up for us, took you 5 or so posts eh?

Take this week to think over how having no laws lets an AI do anything it wants and how complaining and jumping to anouther admin for help will get you nowhere here.

That's not what happened, thanks for providing irrelevant information
No you stupid fuck I was illustrating "durr it's okay for the AI to, through inaction, get Asimov purged" is both a violation of Asimov and enables power gaming.

😂👌🏻😂👌🏻😂👌🏻

keep posting

😂👌
💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

I'd tell you to keep being a nigger, but I think I can count on you for that much 🍗🌚

Please, keep posting, this is fucking hilarious.

lol fam ur funy

I didn't actually behave that way, the point was that if his standard is it's okay when someone lets their Asimov get purged to power game it should not be a problem when I do it.

Haha if only it worked like that in real life😂👌🏻😂👌🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Dude, look.
It's a game.
I get it and I agree with you to an extent, that an Asimov AI shouldn't let random fags change his lawset for no reason.
However what happened happened, don't get to pissed off about it and carry on.

Someone listen me out.

There's a lot of things that dismemberment can improve upon, and the ability to mimic real life organs would add a bit more complexity to the game.

Adding thirst, and a water system to the station would increase the chances of griefing, and micromanaging, but it would add an incredible array of depth to every system.

again

👌🏻👌🏻

I'm so glad I dropped ss13 and byond months ago.

I still enjoy reading the salt.

Keep it coming.

Fuck that.
We need to add depth to the things that matter, not to random autistic shit.
Make hacking doors more complicated, change wires between each system, make mechs more complicated than screwdriver, wrench, coil, cutters, boards, metal, plasteel.

Thirst system it's just dumb.

But if he doesn't get pissed off there is no salt.

And Asimov has been a problem for too long.

And for too long it is kept as the default AI start.

your explanation is retarded and if he actually followed it then it would have to mean the AI with that law would have to lock everyone in separate rooms so they wouldn't get hurt

but please go on more

So is having an infinite water supply, with no chance of poisoning the station or controlling a waste system. This would also allow for the toilets to finally have some other use than the occasional drowning, suicide or beating.

more mechs bots and cyborgs when?

No.
It's dumb, it's tedious.
Also we don't have enough of a playerbase to put something as tedious and dumb as this and at the same time hoping people will join us.

I want a fucking Hovering mech, Mime mech and Janitor mech.

Make a doors system that can actually be damaged by weapons. They may suffer in the form of not being able to open, reading ID access incorrectly, opening only halfway through or being decimated into scrap metal.

Currently you can make a room full of airlocks inescapable and imprenetrable without tools or silicons to deal with that meanwhile explosions can easily destroy Rwalls and hulks can even punch through them.

Damaged halfway open doors it's a fucking great idea.
You move into them like a table and if they are powered your risk getting gibbed when they close or some shit.

You know, Koriath said the same thing about his pest system.

there's a hover vehicle already in but I'm not sure if it's in this code or not

Airlocks can crush you without gibbing you right now, they deal loads of brute damage and stun you long enough to get crushed again if the timing mechanism is damaged by wirecutters.

Koriath failed to properly test out his pest system, which ironically enough created a fantastic new game round.

Praise Nurgle, the god of pestilence, disease and rot.

Yeah but I'd guess that if the airlock it's damage and you're right in the middle of it the crushing might get more lethal.
Either way, gibbing or not it's a good idea.

Minimizing people's risk to destroy the station can be balanced with letting them do their jobs, eat, and move around the station, that precludes turrets off in upload, doors open opening the armory, opening perma, this is all obvious to anyone with half a brain

Yeah, fantastic for the first few rounds, then it got stale.
Same thing would happen to your water idea, only that it wouldn't even spawn a new game mode

which you would get if you had even a third of a brain

It would create new ways of eliminating targets or situations that wouldn't normally come out of a thirst free system.

Even new items could be created to help avoid carrying around bottles of liquid or whatever hydration you need.

Such as…

Sounds like a lot of work then, why shouldn't we divert those resources to something better?
I mean I'm hearing about how "fun" it'd be but you're giving me nothing to work with here.

Given that you can go 2 weeks without eating and hunger kicks in within 30 mins and you can only go a few days without drinking are you planning to have dehydration kick in every 4-5 minutes? Sounds like so much fun…

Okay, so let's get ot the point.
Those 3 are basically the same thing, and you're forgetting about the thousand other, more convenient water sources that can be found on the station that wouldn't be linked to the system.
Sounds like busywork to me.I don't want more busywork

All i'm reading here is the same stuff that also caused literal SHIT from becoming the most metatastic powergaming stun in the game. I'm assuming you can piss on yourself and it would end up leaving the tile under you wet, which in turn would slip people who ran over it.

Eitherway, watersports and scat is a big no-no, and it will keep being that way for as long as Hippie and it's shitty playerbase is popular.

Still waiting for an update that adds a way to do ghetto chemistry and virology

Similarly

Ghetto chemistry can be done in the secondary botany room.
Ghetto virology would be nice though.

muh ghetto virology is what gave us pests.
Please, no more pests

speaking of viruses and such, how's that t-virus stuff coming?

is there a way to have another tile on the gound instead of just space grill plating then floor?

I feel as though there should be a hull under the plating

I do think that breaching the floor should take more time then simply using the crowbar a couple of times along with a welder.
If not in advanced mechanics then longer times to weld off the hull or replace it.

When you fuck up adminmaxcap bomb the shuttle just right.

yeah same

I'm glad you dropped ss13 too

Play c4 tator.
Knock people down, slap a bomb on them, and laugh maniacally.

furthermore why isn't there a dive reel system so you can go fishing in the singo?

Can you fucking read?

That's all you want or need

Oh, I suppose so, even with the piles of dirt (can you even move them?) in the aft maintenance. Though, you don't really have access to all the chemicals. Basic shit like hydrogen or nitrogen, you can't really get that as a chemical

Can't have everything.
Hence the "ghetto" specification.

It's like making a mech, if I'm not wrong there is a replicator in maintenance but if you want the mech at some point you'll need boards and plasteel.

It'd be ghetto because you can't fucking separate chemicals easily, meaning if you fuck up, you end up with a very diluted mixture at best

fluid dynamics and distillation when? even if water pipes aren't implemented

Another chem change I've been pushing for is the ability to clear the adv synth buffers. Sometimes you get a round where someone just shits like 20 different useless chemicals into it and it needs a reset.

Apparently another server has a thing where you can't examine a beaker to see what chemicals are in it unless you wear some kind of goggles? I kind of like that idea, because you can't just be across the hall, see the guy set down a beaker for two seconds and go "HEY THAT GUY IS MAKING METH!", you'd actually need to hold it or wear something specific

brewing your own beer soon?

Is the server always this empty?

not typically, this time of night usually gets more
considering it's US labor day weekend many people may be preoccupied

12 Players.

We should port over that one cigarette-nicotine system, where cigarettes are a type of container that holds chemicals and you can inject medicine and stuff.

Also, lets talk about damage from space.
Realistically, most of the damage should come from rapid decompression, lack of oxygen and other effects of pressure differences. Temperature damage is questionable since there's nothing for body heat to transfer to. Evaporation of water vapor on the skin would only slightly cool your body, but not freeze it. UV solar rays would burn your skin and other radiation could give you genetic damage.

It'd be interesting to see it be tweaked to be more interesting, to form other ways of unprotected spacewalking and more interesting ways to get damage, such as ear drums popping from pressure differences.

XD, yeah bro conduction is like the only method of heat transfer tbh

I bet you walk around instead of being propelled by your radiance on a wheel chair.

still not as fast as you radiate autism tbh

There are 4 methods of heat transfer:
Advection
Conduction or diffusion
Convection
Radiation

Advection does not apply, we are not fluids.
Conduction does not apply, as you are not technically in physical contact with the vacuum of space.
Convection does not apply for the same reason. It requires an environment to transfer heat into, on earth that would be something like the air or water, but in space there is nothing.

Humans do emit a fairly large amount of thermal radiation (1000w). In atmosphere, specifically indoors, we regain about 900w back from the environment, netting only a 100w loss.
In space, we wouldn't. So, you might think we'd be radiating 1000w and losing heat at 10x the normal rate, right?
That would only be true if you were completely exposed, and had no clothing or other coverings. Clothing helps reduce heat loss, as the radiated heat would first be absorbed by the clothes, and then through conduction be re-absorbed by you.
If you weren't wearing clothes in space, death would come quite quickly in a myriad of other ways.
Wearing a space suit or other proper equipment, would minimize the amount of heat lost to radiation. Thus, death via heat loss would effectively be a non-issue.

Isn't that already the case in SS13 by the way? Just wear a coat and drink coffee through your mask.

good post.
I wasn't negating the loss of heat, only questioning its rate of damage in comparison to other factors, mainly pressure.
You wouldn't freeze immediately, but would only have a couple of minutes if heat was the only concerning factor. And there's also the consideration of the sun that due its range of radiation.

This is actually a good idea, seeing the chemicals on the beaker it's just too easy, one could easily spot chlroine or thermite otherwise.
Or, at the very least, make it so that you can't recognize the chemicals unless you have the beaker in hand.

What's the average player count? I'd join again but if it's 5-10 players only constantly again I'll pass.

please post xenos

It usually gets around to ~17 players and lasts for about 1 shift at primetime but otherwise you can expect 5-10, yeah.

We used to have this on Hatestation.

Please remove the second waste disposal unit in chemistry.

Also, please fix that small room in Medbay where all it is just a room filled with space tiles.
It makes no sense why it should be there.

It's there to allow anyone to make an easy space-cooled cryo instead of using the extremedly inefficient heater/freezer. Though they should make it bolted at roundstart and require Atmospherics/Engineering access instead of being just maintenance.

They might as well remove it as a choice for ghetto cryo when a cold shower is good enough.

Space cooled cryo is not, in any fucking way, ghetto. It's advanced cryo works powered by atmosia autism and weights more results than cold showers.

New Round
Get in here nigs

i tried

#/10

this is what I've got so far to try and fix xenomorphs

that's pretty good

Better Xenos is just switching franchises.
The start would be delayed, occupying you on a decorative bug-world and then getting you to enter the Transport Bug after it is 'prepared for arrival', about 3 to 6 minutes into the shift.
You start as a Pseudo-Arachnid Queen (pic 1) in one of several random spawns in a Transport Bug. The Transport Bug can't move from where it deploys, and the goal should be to establish a presence on the station soon after arrival. The Queen can lay eggs for Warrior Bugs at medium intervals and Worker Bugs at longer intervals a and deploy more types by consuming corpses. The Queen is localized to herself, but can deploy pheromones underneath her. Other abilities are her decent bite combat and general size, but the Queen is slow and not as versatile.
Brain Bugs (pic 3) act like AI's or Blob's with limited range to how far they can see, completely immobile. They can control and order around Warriors and Workers within their view, and should be stationed by the Queen. Brain Bugs should not be able to be dragged, but instead only mobile via the Queen adding them back to her control, possibly on a limited cooldown. They should cost 1 corpse point but be limited in quantity, only 1 allowed at a time. When the Brain dies, so does all controlled mini-bugs.
Tanker Bugs (pic 3) should be player controlled and cost 2 or 3 corpses, acting like larger, brawnier antags and also player controlled. They should be able to tank a number of hits and lasers and capable of destroying walls, but very slow. Funnily enough, playing should feel like hide and seek where you're the Hulk and they're in need of smashing.
Warrior Bugs (pic 4) are automated with limited attack range and should be about as strong as a Carp. Non-controlled Warriors will go to the Queen's latest pheromone, attacking enemies on the way, and will auto-drag corpses. Faster than humans by default, not as fast as mass hyperzine.
Worker Bugs (pic 5) should be able to construct/deconstruct walls and terrain but at a very long cooldown, so 2 or 3 will be necessary to be useful to the Brain. Non-controlled Workers will walk peacefully to the Queen, still dragging corpses. Generally weak even when controlled.
The gamemode would feel like a mix of current Xenos and Blob put into action, but be far more entertaining with higher (20-25) player-counts than we have right now.

brain bugs being pic 2, not pic 3
additional notes:
Possibly weak to powergaymen, but assets are the ability to base-up and really rev up an army. As queen, your goal should be to defend yourself and your Brain, acting like a real part of the 'army', even if a fragile one. Dissolve bombs, spawn more underlings, and ambush retards.
Emitters should be blocked by walls for long periods of time but still be a threat.
Super-Warrior Bugs could be an option for another corpse point, upgrading them to be much faster and player controlled but making them a tad more fragile.
No one to man the brain bug? Give the Queen the option to vacancy until there is, allowing her to use a 'spell' to switch between the two.

updated family tree

nah

the Arachnid Empire could be neat as an addition but not to replace since they're so utterly different

they're not parasites as such which needs to be reflected more in xenomorphs

I mean… That is the west of the station.

I have a proposition.
Why don't we make pAIs work the same as positron brains?

Because literally nobody ever pick them up normally, might be better if they activated on their on and you could pick them up after.

wew

as in you click on them as ghost and then you do all the shit pAI do?

I don't think that's a bad idea honestly

that's a fun idea

As in you click, put the pAI settings and bam, you're pAI.
You can talk in the radio, people pick you up and whatnot.
Otherwise they are useless, nobody picks them up, nobody ever comes up if you have one.

pAI are kinda useless though

They are the only true friends you'll ever have in the pathetic mess you call a life.

I'd rather not

You'll understand when someone inject you with mute toxin.

this causal

motherfucker

????????????????????????

This is the last one from me I have shit to do now.

that's fucking funny as hell

18 PLAYERS ON JOIN UP

Can you not inject chemicals into cigarettes? Hatestation had that shit. Which code is this even running?

he should go back and hire the homeless guy; clearly he knows how to communicate

dont be such a pussy user

there were supposedly 18 players last round
currently theres 13 players

17 now

it takes awhile for people to reconnect to the server for some reason so shit tends to drop and soon after pick up

Is Tricord still useless?

Tricord was never useless, it's just not good against tons of damage, specialized damage or quick recoveries unlike DD/Onmi. Different uses for different types of drugs.

Tricord was nerfed hard nearly a year ago, along with space lube, and poly acid. I don't believe it was ever returned to its original state, but I could be wrong. Doctor's Delight is an easier medication to administer, with quicker results, but many people don't know of its LD50.

Spacelube, along with water is now a pushup.

It hurts to live

I hate spending telecrystals, but some times you just have to.

Roboticist here, everyone was fucking retarded.

How much players is this getting?
I dont want to bother reinstalling for 3-8 player rounds

I miss pizzastation

We had a decent amount of 16+ today at a point. You just have to be around when people get on I guess.

I was just thinking about that screenshot a few days ago

Played one round with 15 people earlier today.

Absolutely nothing was happening. Dead server.

Don't worry, user.
When the remake is done the playercount will spike and we'll be popular again.

so did TrannycodeTM get really autistic one day or did some tgshitter spend every round as a beautiful underprivileged transwymyn?

It probably arose from that "Forced gender reassignment is sexual assault" malarky

Forced gender reassignment is hilarious, though.

new round starting

It becomes stale after one or two times. It's shocking when you learn about it, but becomes something minimal when people don't bother with it much. Though that's not reason to remove it.
I heard something similar to lifewebs rape, but I never played it.

Getting raped in lifeweb actually has consequencies on your physche and it reduces your combat stats unless you're female.

It can also lead to, but not limited to, internal bleeding (which requires surgery to fix), loss of organs, viruses and other maladies including semen intoxication, massive pain (enough to stun you for a long while) and possibly death by cock if it's big enough.

Wew

Reminder to bully ayys

The lag from the thousands of meme midis it's fine.
The time you fuck up with the honk nuke was fine.
The time you removed bomb cap and destroyed the station was fine.

But jesus christ if I am doing one mission that it took at the very least one hour why the fuck you have to ruin it for me?
Everytime Sierrachan is on something happens that ends the round early from tomfuckery.
It's fine if it happens once in a while but literally everytime I see you on?

Seriously, this is starting to be annoying, at the very least for me.

Actually you had to kill one person and Prevent one from escaping, alive and Hijack..

I had recently accepted a few GOOD updates to the github and wanted them online for the week as I am going away for business.

Such as to why Sheylos now has gamemaster. I need someone to fill in for me.

I called the wizard to hurry you up as you were the last alive and you were just sitting in a armoured ripley strolling around the station.

Server updated now anyways. See you all in a few days.

Surber ded?

Oh I'm sorry, so you have to fuck up yet another round so you can have updates installed in 5 minutes instead of 10?
Forgive me to be so entitled to expect to play a round without an Admin straight up ruining everything everytime.

Also how did calling the wizard speed up things?
He recalled the fucking shuttle.
If you had left me do my thing I would have called the shuttle next.

You're either very fucking stupid or still sore I keep robusting you over and over everytime we come to clash in the game.
You're a moderator, how about you moderate yourself?
Screwing around is fun only if you do it once and a while, try to contain your autism now and then.

And a little addendum: you called the vote to end the round long before I killed the miner and the atmos guys.
I freaked out because you called a vote to end the damn round.
You didn't even want to end the fucking round to people could play again, you ended the round for then shut the server off.
If that isn't retarded I don't know what it is.

reconnect

Nevermind I ranted at my dog and now I calmed down.
Ignore these posts.

poor doggy

Don't worry, he is a trained professional.

If he gets bitched at every time an SS13 player feels salty, he must lead a ruff life

what's his doctorates then?

He barks and howls when I rant about being mad at videogames.
It also growls and tries to bite my fingers.
It's really calming, calling him a faggot soothe my soul.

do you take the knot too?

Yeah, I take the knot and add it to a noose so I can hang degenerates like you.

you don't add knots to nooses you dumbie, you add nooses to ropes

well technically you tie a noose in a rope so I guess I'll let you off, for now

I can't keep doing this I have shit to do once more.

what kinda shit we talking here?

ME
JOLLY
JOLLY
GROG

you liked getting dp'd you double slut

with the real roboticist

new roundtan

What's the best entry level job where I can actually be useful and help the station?

Chemistry is pretty easy.

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Guide_to_chemistry

Cargo.
Ask if anyone needs anything.
Order pizza anyways and leave it in the bar.

Botanist is pretty chill, you just grow plants and give the chef the food space weed and super space weed and then dude weed lmao for the round.
Eventually you can make literal money trees and walking Plump Helmets.

You know, we really should impliment a law system. Like, a big ol' book what every shift, the captain and heads of staff can, together, agree on a law to pass to the station lawbooks. Make it a console type deal in the courtroom, what requires each head's roundstart only ID.
Laws can be edited or removed by similar process, or by crewmen of their own accord signed off by at least ten crew, and the lawyer.

I know what you're thinking. "This is a horrible idea, and will result in stupid laws". That's the idea. I want to be the lawyer what has to actually dance around the damn rulebook, instead of the current bullshit system where there are no real rules, and you can just about do fucking anything, which means debate and lawyering is useless.

Janitor.
Also Miner, you get to experiment with the mechanics of the game along with babby first fights.

Make it if you want it so much, that's the beauty of FOSS

Lawyering is for fooling the heads of staff into going along with your play pretend court drama so they get distracted and miss real issues. If you aren't using "rule of law" to enable traitors and criminals, you might be doing it wrong.

Problem is, nobody is obligated to listen to anything you say whatsoever. Lawyer is, as a direct result, worse than fucking clowns, in terms of usefulness.
They literally can't do jack shit.

Pretty much all they can do is cry to the captain when shit doesn't go their way. By all means, if the captain agrees, you can have a full tilt murder/arrest of Security, but that's not really "fun". Debating law and getting people out by loopholes, that's what being a lawyer should be about.

Lawyers are useless.
They are unrequired RP.
Clowns and Mimes are supposed to be scary and fuck shit up either as creepy traitors or just annoying assholes but Lawyers are nothing but useless RP.

They need to be reworked or just removed.

how do you eat in this game?
i tried clicking on the food in my hand, I tried clicking on the food itself, i tried alt clicking on the food, I tried clicking z while the hand with the food was selected

how do I eat food?

i also tried activate held object and that didn't work either

Maybe have a bureaucrat role instead? Make a load of ridiculously convoluted forms and a book on bureaucracy. He could double up as other roles like lawyer too.

hotkey-Z is the exact same as either clicking on the food itself or hitting "activate held object" on the objects tab.

Try clicking on yourself with the object next time for interactions that affect your person directly, using "activate held object" is usually for doing things like switching modes on the object or doing different contextual-based things. Also protip: Drag yourself into things, as in click'n'drag, a shitload of stuff can be dragged into or out of things including yourself or other people into objects, even those that don't even show the dragging image on your mouse can be dragged sometimes. Experiment with your PDA or a chair for example.

Some captains just hate fun

Are the telecomms on this server shit? I tried to mess with them to make the jobs appear next to the names in chat, but I was told that that sorta thing isn't enabled on this server. Ended up with the AI and comdom on my ass for the shift because I was "trespassing"

if you're engineering you have access to that shit.
just shut off the turrets and walk in.

TG removed nt script because they're cucks

All engineers have minisat and tcomms access too. Whether or not the AI wants to let you onto his special clubhouse is up to him though

Found two new bugs.

First one, the Firefighter Ripley cannot be completed, the second layer of armor won't get wrenched or welded.

Second one, Ripleys for some reason can't drill metal foam.

I thought this server had its own codebase? Or is it based off of teegee's?
If it's the latter couldn't we just re-add NTSL?

re-add NTSL and instruments, really bothers my autism that content is now straight up being removed by /tg/

Certain objectives trascend the game itself.

Yo sierra if you're here get on the serb quick.

What happened?

A non malfunction AI decided to throw a hissy fit and break his laws

Please make a greentext story so when I'm back I can have a giggle.

And I don't regret a second of it
Get fucked, also nice ick ock.

ICKY OCKY

You really don't understand the problem here do you?
You're AI you don't get to do shit like that.
Capt harasses clown clown fucks him over FINE
Clown is human.
Clown doesnt have laws that make him in theory incapable of killing someone.
For fuck sake man I don't know how long you played this game but you seem to have really little understanding of the game.
You're like a kid that gets salty because he didn't have his way now it's time to ruin the fun for someone else.

MR. ICKY? MEET MS. OCKY!

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law

Are you epileptic? Touch of photosensitivity? Is your butt particularly easily hurt?

Aye but let me pitch it to you since you really don't seem to understand.
You right now have a law in your country that states don't kill. You can however go outside and kill someone, you'll get arrested for that tho.
An artificial intelligence law is not a suggestive law it's an imperative law. If an AI has a law that states don't kill, he can't in no way kill that's how AI laws work.

I guessed I should have waited for OOC but hey.

Space Law is different from AI/borg law.
AI law is required to be followed by the AI. They literally cannot break it under any circumstances.
Space Law is, like real law, more of a suggestion for crew behaviour. They can break it, but then they'll get punished for it if they're caught.
You're comparing apples to oranges, m8.

He never said that was harm, The whole lethal turrets thing was, though.
Cap ordered AI to keep lights on. Law 5 was obey orders. AI broke that.

Did the server just die?

She's dead, Jim.

Fuck, I was going to do some cool shit too.

>borg army fag being a faggot please stop doing this

SALT

server is back

and the game didnt end

This sounds like an integral part to the greentext tale.

make it stop

the round is ending soon

H-Have I redeemed myself?

the round is now over

Thank god, flying under the radar is the best.

You're both faggots, just not the biggest faggots.
Noone thought to add you to the poll, and I basically just put the fag whining in OOC, the guy who asked for the poll, the server host is it a tranny? Someone said it was a tranny, and me.
Wasn't gonna waste time on you fuckers.

15 players online, round is about to start

We removed NT script in hatestation I think, it was since it was being used to horribly lag the server and since people were lazy and just copied scripts from the wiki.

A replacement should be made, otherwise I will summon a tirade of buttbots to shitpost the server to death.

Hey dumbass
People can break spacelaw.
It ain't the rules. It's just what you can get punished for by sec.

AI, meanwhile, must follow its laws.

Suggestion for the server.

Either remove traitor - changeling when we reach a certain threeshold of players so that only Blob, Malf, WIzard, Cult and Rev are in the loop or lower the threeshold to allow for those modes to be played.

I would suggest removing traitor-changeling at 11 players or lowering the threeshold for the other modes to 8-7 players.

here's a story that happened while I was banned

new bread when?

When I feel like it or Sierra gets on.

Make that bread if you're so great.

NEW THREAD HYPE

Talking about that one abandoned ss13 remake that got made open source or Griefly?