World War II

What are the best WW2 games?

Verdun

This better not have been action mode, OP

CoD2

Battlefield 1942 w/ the Forgotten Hope Mod

In action mode, the flamethrower is nowhere close to that lethal, and neither is the 1911 (or the shotgun at over 20m range).

On realism, however, those weapons become extremely dangerous and effective. Just like in real life

Advanced Daisenryaku on Sega Genesis. Seriously, if you haven't played it - you should. I remember it had english translation.

I thought webms were fixed.

Dishonorabru

it works in chrome, but not FF or Edge/IE. I'm pretty sure it is missing an i-frame at the end. Is there any software I can use to repair it without re-rendering it?

Company of heroes, Call of duty

I got a soft spot in my heart for the PS1 Medal of Honor games.

Holy fuck I forgot how good the soundtrack was

Old MoH games were pretty good.
In my opinion their high point was Pacific Assault, but the soundtrack for Frontline was the best.

Forgotten Hope Mod.

It is the only correct answer.

I heard Day of Infamy is alright

where's tojo

RO2 is best with the Immersion Overhaul mutator.
the shrapnel comes out of explosions like gunfire being shot out randomly in every direction. Most of the time it zings past you if you're far enough away, but you can get hit if you're unlucky

oh wait it's just the european theatre

Huh, interesting. What else does that add? Does it make it like Ostfront already?

There was some cheesy magic in those early Medal of Honor games.

Too bad literally no-one is playing that.

I remember playing this game after getting a MoH compilation (which I only bought to relive Allied Assault and try out Airborne) and was pleasantly surprised by how immersive it was. The campaign really conveyed all the horror and exhaustion of Pacific jungle fighting despite being kinda clunky and gore-minimal.

Even the cutscenes made me feel vicariously tired.

Fuck off gook.

id like to know what version of history you were told

I love shitting on 'mericlaps as much as the rest of the world but this is simply untrue, while they did issue an official warning not to use them (at all, not just from knees) there isn't a single recorded case of anyone actually doing it.

knee mortars are worse than flamers tbh

Mortars are harder to use but much more effective when used by a skilled player.

Yeah, but mortars require actual skill and follow the game's spirit. All of RO2 is based on quick reaction and aiming (and stealth, to a degree). But a faggot with a flamethrower only needs to run somewhere without much open ground and shoot in the general direction of the enemy, and he's got an assured killstreak, despite not needing to aim or react to anything, just waltz around, get twenty kills, and then finally get put down when someone manages to flank him. I don't say they should be removed or nerfed, as I like the added realism of Nips getting shittier equipment than burgers, but if you play a flamethrower, you're a pussy bitch faggot.

git gud

Brothers in Arms 1 and 2.
Men of War, Faces of War, Heroes of War etc etc.
Blitzkrieg (and the games based off it like Stalingrad).
Call of Duty 1, UO and 2.
RO:OST and Darkest Hour.
Forgotten Hope 2.
R.U.S.E., surprisingly.
Commandos if you pretend Strike Force doesn't exist.
Death to Spies 1 and 2.
Graviteam Tactics.
Combat Mission.
Silent Hunter 3, preferably with mods.
Sniper Elite 1 only.
I've got a soft spot for Blazing Angels 1 and 2 but they might not be as good as I remember.

If you're an autist there are plenty of good simulators out there too but personally I find anything beyond Silent Hunter 3's level of detail to be too much.

dropped.

god i hate when people do this

Silent Hunter 3

This thread smell of newfaggotry

that's because it's RO2 and not DOI

CoD 1 and 2.
If you disagree then you're just a fucking hipster.

It'd be better to disagree and be a hipster than agree and be a giant tasteless pleb.

When it comes to fps games its objectively Darkest Hour 44 45 and the Forgotten Hope Mod

my negros

To be honest, standalone has night map capability, the devs are currently trying to find ways to get it balanced though.

the first CoD games were actually good, dood

Battlefield 1 tbh

Company of Heroes 1, get Europe at War mod and Eastern Front mod.
Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm
CoD: WaW
CoD 3

No they weren't.
The first one was just one part of the period's huge flood of MOH clones and other boring FPS's and by the second one the formula had been written out: health-regen and cinematic set-pieces were going to be the main draw.
Think of it this way: if it were 2003 and you were playing COD instead of stuff like Operation Flashpoint or even crap like Half Life 2 you'd have been the equivalent of today's COD kiddie.

What's it called when you enjoyed CoD 1 and 2, but also SWAT, operation flashpoint, stalker, etc?
Not being a faggot who cares about labels ?

What's it called when you enjoyed CoD 1 and 2, but also SWAT, operation flashpoint, stalker, etc?
Probably a similar title to someone who eats both nice foods and various kinds of shit.

>>>/fit/

>>>/scat/

Fuck off, Tojo.

Currently installed
Forgotten Hope for the FPS-Toaster feel
Close Combat Series
Combat Mission Battle for Normandy and Red Thunder
Command Ops 2
Company of Heroes for the Arcade Feel
Darkest Hour for a bit of GSG
Decisive Campaigns (all three)
Graviteam Tactics
Men of War Assault Squad 2 for a bit less arcadey multiplayer
OpenGeneral and other xGeneral Titels for Nostalgia
SPWaW2016
Sudden Strike RWM
Tigers on the Hunt (for the ASL feel)
and VASL and Vassal World in Flames for obvious reasons

my nigga

You play any custom scenarios for Combat Mission Battle for Normandy?

Only some in the Battlefront.com Repository.
If it has Bridges I will probably play it.
Right now I am playing some PBEM with my brother on Battle For Nouvelle which is 4 km^2 of insanity.

Hearts of Iron…