ITT: Forgotten masterpecies

ITT: Forgotten masterpecies

Forgotten how dumbass? This game was very popular when it came out. Still fondly remembered by many. Just make a Bully thread if you want to talk about the game.

pls no bully

Topping it with mozzarella

Fucking Pewdiepie plays this for 10 year old's enjoyment
Pls no bully

Soldier Of Fortune, one of the best games, I might play it again soon.

Not sure you can call Vivisector a masterpiece.

I hated it.

I'm easily entertained when it comes to games.

This game was fun as fuck back in the day.

BULLY

It was pretty boring.

I still play this occasionally.

This.

IT'S HAMTARO TIME

My nigger

Why does this Hamtaro game get so much praise around here? What do you even do in that game?

You work together as it is much better then eat sunflower seeds while being a little hamster who has big adventures.

just re released on PS4

Not sure if it's 'forgotten', necessarily, but aside from a smattering of Holla Forumsirgins and fans on obscure forums, nobody I know seems to have heard of Simon the Sorcerer.

SIT! SIT!

great game. the sequel didn't sit well for me though

Adventure games are underappreciated in general.

The second one wouldn't run on my old computer (I haven't tried it on my new one, maybe I should at some point), but people tend to say it's as good (or almost as good) as the original. Although from screenshots, I don't think it looks like the artwork is anywhere near as good.

And of course, you can just completely forget the entire series from Simon the Sorcerer 3D onward.

there are 3d versions? holy crap that looks awful

I'll post this one every damn time.

It was better than Tekken.

Rarely see this brought up in MG threads.

Apparently it was initially designed fully in 2D, but the publishers didn't want to take a risk on another 2D puzzle game (when crappy 3D was the latest thing), so they had to remake the entire thing in 3D, and compromise on the gameplay considerably.

It kept getting held back and delayed because (even aside from the engine changes) they had to switch publishers, and then the distributor (Hasbro Interactive) went through bankruptcy.

When it eventually did come out, it was massively graphically outdated.

When the series eventually resurfaced, the graphics were considerably better, but the games just weren't as good.

Oh, and from the fourth game onwards, apparently the games are German for some reason.

Brothers in Arms. The only good games Gearbox ever made.

Of course not. Bully is great.

It's a shame, I want to play it, but getting it to run on PC is a pain because 32 bit incompatibility, and I don't have an xbox hueg.
Whenever Stubbs is mentioned, Ghost Master usually isn't far from the conversation.

OP if you want to play this so badly, just buy it.

So Konami owns the rights to Bloody Roar now? Pretty safe to say we will never see another game in this series again.

Once upon a time… well, in 1999
Disney: we might be interested in doing a sequel to Tron.
Monolith: we'll make a game for it!

Monolith: okay, the game is ready
Disney: lol, we changed our mind.
Monolith: fine, we'll play the canary in the coal mine.

Seven years later
Disney: okay, we're releasing the sequel to Tron for real now. Who wants to develop a game for the release?

Ever since then, when people talk about that Tron 2 game, they talk about the god-awful, uninspired Tron Evolution by Propaganda Games.

The end.

You mean left-facing alligator mouth?

I never finished this game, fucked up in a later level and could not find a way to dig myself out of the hole I dug and I uninstalled rather than restart the level.

Goof Troop

Monaco: WHat's Yours is Mine

Those look cool, do you have any magnets for them?

This game was actually good and you know it.

Not really sure if this game is forgotten let alone considered a masterpiece, but I remember really liking it and I never see it discussed.

IDK about Rogue Trooper, but you better get Evil Twin on console (PS2 / DC): it was a pain in the ass to make it run on PC and I'm not sure it will run on today's hardware.

I don't think it really qualifies as forgotten, but I've always liked sandbox games where you don't kill people. I actually like Bully a lot better than I like anything else Rockstar does/did.

Fantastic game. GX is great too obviously, but it's a shame that X (which is a better game in some regards, due to having a death race mode and IMO a better soundtrack) gets so overshadowed by it.

Didn't care for it if only because Gex never shuts the fuck up.

Didn't Miyamoto work on that one? I'll probably emulate it some day.

I'm nostalgic as fuck for that game. Neversoft did a good job. RIP.

Fantastic concept for a game, but it was pretty clunky to play. I'd like to see a better developer try their hand at it.

Pics are my contributions to the thread

This fucking game. I thought I was the only one who had it.

So good it had to be destroyed and be made illegal to sell.

Secret of Mana niggaz

Woops, uploaded the one I put through that thing that made pictures trippy.

this game blew me away.
even the shitty dos version

Great RTS, great soundtrack

Why was the remake in the Gamebryo engine? I've never understood what idiot thought that was a smart idea.

NOBODY HOME

I never actually played the PC version, great music in the game though (both versions).

I can't actually forget this game since I managed to overcome the bugs through willpower alone. Unfortunately since this was the notoriously buggy release of Bully and not a fixed patched version I had to zoom through the whole game and the main story missions were so formulaic I found it rather bland.

that's some damn fine taste you got there

People still play it online

Using this as my phones wallpaper, thanks.

Love this game

Im still waiting for the conclussion ;_;

Bobby hill the game

it wasn't terrible, but it was really fuckin bland. then when things just start to get interesting bam game over credits roll make sure to buy the sequels goyim :^)

Lol, their games are all ultra casual shit and feel like you are playing a fucking tutorial until the end. Even Max Payne 3 they managed to fuck up.

Speaking of great Rockstar games that nobody gives a shit about anymore

Got both from isozone. Work perfectly.

In collector circles, this one isn't too obscure. It's one of the pricier OG Xbox titles. But outside of them, yeah, I never hear anyone talk about it.

I see this at a local used game store for like $3 all the time. PS2 though. Never picked it up, what's good about it?

How is this 'forgotten'? It's considered the best Mana game by JRPG fans.

It comes up occasionally, wouldn't really say "rarely."

What happened to Ghost Babe 2???

one of the few cash-ins that did it right
Skirmish mode is fun af

I never see anyone discuss the Turok games.
Specifically the first two, which were the only good ones.

I want another game that has gory death animations like Seeds of Evil had.
Nothing like turning around, blasting a gigantic ape in the chest with a shotgun and leaving a hole complete with bones poking out for you to gaze through before he collapses.

good taste

the 1st one?

holy shit i thought i made this game up in my mind

The lack of people talking about this game proves that most were console plebs back then, since the PS2 port came out when san andreas did.

THESE

Wreckfest is just not the same.

And Apocalypse was shit.

DO YOU NIGGERS NOT KNOW WHAT FORGOTTEN MEANS HOLY FUCK

EVERYONE PLAYED BULLY IN 2006 YOU STUPID NIGGER

FUCKING ANYONE WHO HAS OWNED A NINTENDO CONSOLE KNOWS ABOUT FZERO STUPID NIGGER

ANOTHER POPULAR MASCOT PLATFORMER HOLY FUCK ARE YOU STUPID

SPIDERMAN AND GEX WERE POPULAR IN THE 5TH GEN YOU UNDERAGED NIGGER

METAL GEAR IS NOT FUCKIN OBSCURE

BLOODY ROAR HAD LIKE SEVEN GAMES YOU FUCKING RETARD

NOT FUCKING OBSCURE NIGGER EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT THIS GAME

HOLY FUCK WE ALL DON'T LIVE UNDER A ROCK WE EVEN TALKED TO DENNIS DYACK ABOUT THIS GAME A YEAR AGO

XIII IS A SHITTY GAME WITH BROKEN AI AND EVERYONE PLAYED FREEDOM FORCE

WE HAVE A GODDAMN BANNER FOR THIS GAME YOU STUPID NEWFAG NIGGER

HOLY SHIT IT WAS ONLY RELEASED LAST GEN NOT OBSCURE

MAYBE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT MAFIA BECAUSE IT'S TALKED TO DEATH YOU UNDERAGED FAGGOT THERE'S A THIRD GAME ON WAY MAKE A THREAD ABOUT MAFIA GAMES

Holy shit can you underaged faggots get off my board and learn some history about games before posting shit everyone played while acting like you're special because you just found out about a certain game

guys pay attention to me

Top shitpost

Arona Daal is the biggest jew in space.

Thanks for the reminder, never got around to finishing that.

What a fun game, sucks that extreme sports games aren't made anymore
EA tried to revive some of their old games like SSX and FIFA Street but they weren't crazy and over the top like their predecessors.

i agree

mafia 1 gets posted regularly

Do you know what regularly means? I think I've never had a single discussion about the game on Holla Forums, not even back in cuckchan. The last time I saw the cover I posted it myself on a GTA thread.

I wish the PC port wouldn't be so shit.

What about this

the mgs one was posted in the context of mgs in it's entirety. ie it's the forgotten member of the series.

You're entire post boils down to

BECAUSE EVERYONE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT MAFIA 1 PROBABLY BEFORE YOU PLAYED IT YOU FUCKING NIGGER. YOU WERE LATE TO THE PARTY

Shut up you stupid fucking nigger. Everyone who's played MGS knows about fucking Ghost Babel. You're just a fucking newfag who probably didn't start playing MGS until V. You probably don't even know about the original MSX games you fucking nigger. What's next? You going bring up some "obscure" game like Portable Ops? Snake's Revenge

Get off of my board faggot.

I'm playing this shit every halloween.

aww yiss

I'm just saying

Forgotten because it was balls fucking hard.

OH BOY MORE FAGGOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT FORGOTTEN MEANS

Not sure if these count. Do they count? Please tell me they count.

The ultimate forgotten game.

I was just enjoying some couch multiplayer Kung Fu Chaos a few weeks ago. That game is a fucking masterpiece on so many levels. A better game than Ninja Theory ever had the right to make, but I appreciate it.

I know that feel, Holla Forums doesn't (and never really has) much love for sports games.

>>>/reddit/

you need to stop grandpa

Never forgotten by Holla Forums
Forgotten by everyone else

Is that Dark Messiah?

Good taste.
I sometimes wonder if she was meant to be as unlikable as she was.
Good gif.

Yes.

You can actually instantly kill her if she makes it to the end and you keep Xana by getting in the right position before her cutscene triggers and backstabbing her.

you understand that just because you didn't forget about doesn't mean most others remembered, right?

I admit that's one thing I wasn't fond of, but I kinda tuned him out and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

English is not my first language

that's like calling Barenaked Ladies "obscure indie music" lmao

clash @ demonhead
masterpiece and forgotten

Oh God, these people have NO idea how upset real-life autistic kids get about getting their hands dirty.

I would know, I used to be one.

A rarely talked about Roguelike, RPG, fucking brilliant

So, I'm the only one that remembers this?

I remember Ghost Master. Good idea, but game got boring fast.

Anyone remembers neighbors from hell?

Think this is the 1st game I experienced that had a multi use weapon.

/thread

;-;7
rest in pepperoni mister beef…

The game came out in 2002 retard. You have multiple people talking about games from that era, but nobody talks about mafia. Late to the party my ass, I played it two years after release, 4chan wasn't even a fucking thing, kill yourself.

I thought the same thing, even my dad who bought this for me when I was younger thought I made the game up.

Oh shit man 2008 was 8 years ago…

Played the Wii version, and it's a pretty good game.

Had one instance of the game freezing on me though. It also teach you how to fight with motion controls and you better remember it because the game doesn't teach you them again. I once threw a student into a girl by accident because I was re-positioning myself on the couch. Hitting a female student was like wanted level 3 in game.

The world was like the most perfect sized world I've experience in a open world game. It had some nice variation between districts but not filled with wasted space. Also the geography class that would reveal the locations of in game collectables for passing each "level" of class was a really nice touch (no need to find a online walkthrough to show the 1-2 collectables you missed). Though I had to get a atlas out for the US states map and I think . . . everything after that because I didn't want to waste time failing the class. I know I had to do the same for the English class levels too.

Yeah dude I feel so old :(

halo 1 is like 15 years old bros

1986 was 40 years ago.

Oh fuck, forgot this shitty site has ID's…

thanks dubs. love u 2 bby

Was not even remembered to begin with.

Forgot pic.

I recommend this game if you like going fast, cleaving through everything with a scythe, and traversing visually interesting environments.

Just make sure you have 4 amplifiers by the end of the first boss fight.

Faggots forget what adventure fucking means.

Stubbs was one of the few games i genuinely enjoyed from start to finish

Ty recently got ported but the games barley get any attention anymore.

Whiplash was another one I remember was pretty fun.

This series went dead after that earthquake hit nipland but I remember hearing another one is in the works now that everyone stopped caring.

Playing this just now, just after the boss.
How much am I fucking myself over by not dumping any of the amps into dispel in the long run?

i mostly agree with your beliefs

I really should pick up Breakdown again. Its one of these games that im sure is pretty damn fun once you actually know how to play but im just getting my ass kicked

Love Disaster Report!

Dispel is only used in 2-3 parts of the game, or if you keep getting hit by a certain monster type that is confined to a single environment later. Do not upgrade it, it's probably the least useful spell in the game. Oh, and it doesn't need any upgrading to retain full functionality throughout the game, it just drops the mana cost of using it. Putting amps into it is the equivalent of maxing swimming in Deus Ex. I'd say max haste first hence the 4 amplifiers after Lizbeth, then whatever else you want. Invoke, skull storm, and shield are all pretty good as well. Not necessarily in that order, depending on your playstyle.

real talk now is there any sexy or sex mods for bully?

Everyone step back.

It's still happening, it's just Granzella is working on another disaster report styled game with Namco that has Ultraman/Godzilla/Evangelion Unit-01 in it. So they're pretty busy.

My niggers.

Oh fuck, I only remember this as an arcade cabinet. Gonna go emulate this shit.

I still have the box of Sacrifice. Stratos ftw.

And you fucking niggers thought I was being autistic in pointing how fucking redditors have shat up the site

Yeah no, you fucking normalfag nigger, you get off my board and kill yourself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDD FELLOW REDDITORS DESE ONLD GAYMES WERE DA BEST CUZ NOBODY EVER TALKED ABOUT THEM EVEN MILLIONS PLAYED EM

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/facebook/

I can tell you right now kid, when you get into high school it won't be anything like that game

What the fuck?

(you)

capped and kek'd XD

my nigga

Posting something that is great to this day gameplay-wise, and I'm pretty sure is truly forgotten (Elite Dangerous doesn't count, this is a classic).

That's the game chocobo's dungeon tried to be but never managed. Great game.

He's right though, none of the games listed that he's linking too are actually obscure. At all. The first two metal gear games are even on MGS3 Subsistence as extra content MGS1 is a sequel to these games too.

This isn't an "obscure games" thread, it's a "forgotten games" thread.

Most of that stuff isn't forgotten either, the assumption it is simply because people don't talk about it on one site which is completely dwarfed in user count by the site it branched from by about a few million is a very poor judgement. Most of those are just old and I'm sick of talking about the same thing over and over again every day.

Only when new blood talks about it does it get interesting again.