3DS CFW+Homebrew Thread

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/VFMUydUb
archive.fo/kQoDm
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=45593
gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokemon-gold-silver-and-crystal-virtual-console-wireless-linking-patches.439986/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/276407-mega-vc-pok-mon-gold-silver-crystal-rom-hacks-2016-including-wireless-link-patch.html
r4ds.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-updatesuppressor.404416/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax
gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
BootNTR for 11.0: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/VFMUydUb
Last Thread: archive.fo/kQoDm

Anyone looked at this?

Good Genesis emulator when?

Considering that the genesis had 6 buttons instead of 4, I doubt there will be a particular good emulator. It would be nice to play Castlevania SOTN there, tho.

I don't see a problem here.

I don't remember if the Sega genesis controller have shoulder buttons. If it doesn't then reassign 2 of the buttons to the shoulders should be enough.

I don't recall many games outside fighting, Virtua Racer (I believe) and 32X games really utilizing the 6 button. 3 button was standard since every fucker had one.

So, I'm out of the loop.

What good homebrew is there for the 3DS?

When I went to go fact check, sure enough you're right, holy shit. But yeah, what said

Yeah, good luck with that.

DOOM and Quake are quite nice. Hexen 2 and Hexen also run quite well. Duke 3D runs like utter shite though, almost like you're playing it on Saturn.

Love to see Supertux put on it, but probably won't happen.

Speaking of which, installed PRBoom as a CIA to get that sweet, sweet MIDI music, and it's not showing any of my IWADs. Where do I put them for it to load them?

Root of SD I believe.

There's a Saturn version that actually have more content than the PS1 version. The PS1 version looks better and have better stuff, like the fog effect, but the Genesis version, with the extra content it have, is just better Plus Alucard have a third hand in the inventory used specifically for healing items, thanks tp the 6 buttons on the Genesis

I just want to play the superior version on a portable console.

Okay I don't think there's a Sega Saturn emulator for 3DS, at least not that I know of. However…

Won't ever happen user. Even Android and shit is suffering with the attempted ports to it. Only way you're emulating Saturn still is SSF.

Should become better for it in the future with the USB shit happening.

Thanks, user, works perfectly.

No problem user. Be wary of the plasma gun, spamming can cause crashes quite easily. Outside that, have fun.

Yeah, I apologize, I usually mix the Genesis with the Saturn. I just remember them for having six buttons on the controller.

wiibrew has me confused
it claims that usbloader is faster than an sd loader but I've heard from anons that a thumb drive is not ideal for vidya
Is it or is it not?

Yo Holla Forums

I keep getting this Failed to Finalize Content Install issue, any idea what it is?

give us more context you nigger

Maybe it will support external HDD?

accidentally misquoted

what exactly are you referring to by 'it'?
I'm feeling a loss of context.

nevermind, fixed it by reinstall

Aren't we talking about WiiU piracy? The only way to do it right now is with SDs, and if the WiiU will allow USB support now it doesn't have to be thumb drive, it can be an actual external HDD.

no, regular wii piracy

and to be more specific, the anons said that a usb used for this purpose can be expected to have a shorter life span.

Either way USB loading on normal Wii supports external HDDs, though you need to format to some specific type for it to work properly. I think it's fat32 but I don't remember.

I know about formatting. Really I was curious about using a thumb drive. But I think I'll go down the route of an external HDD for my Wii.

You'd want an external HDD sheerly for the space anyways.

I CFW'd my 3DS a few months ago but haven't updated in a while. If I update the emuNAND now, will I not be able to get into the emuNAND?

updating emunand is safe
as long as you plan on leaving the plebbish ways of emunand and upgrading to a9lh

thought there would be nice cheap flash drives to give me all the space i would need

Considering Gamecube isos are around 1.5 GB and Wii isos range from anywhere between 4.5 GB to 7.5 GB (the latter for dual-layer disk games like Brawl) you'd be running out of space pretty quickly with the average thumb-drive for Gamecube games alone.

wasn't that too complicated?
I vaguely remember anything by now, which happens to me every time I try to sail the seven seas with my consoles. I learn the basics, get it going, and by the time I bother to get a new game running, I have to update all my shit and usually fuck it up somewhere.
My wii still has to this day the flipped homebrew channel

Im an user from last thread that was worried about going a9lh, i can tell you right now its totally worth it. fucking beats the shit out of both needing to set up emunand and using it in general. zero risks.

A9LH is a bit much for somebody who just wants to get into their games as quickly as possible. Benefits to it are brick protection, only having the one NAND and fast boot times, but emunand is in and of itself a form of brick protection if you're not an idiot and load strange programs on sysnand willy-nilly so if you don't mind the slower boot-times and a couple gigs missing from your SD card that emunand is stored on you can totally ignore A9LH.

keep up nigger
a9lh is easier and safer to install now

I do recall an user having 200gigs of space for his wiibrew
Guess I'll be getting a hdd that big

200 GB should do nicely for you, by the time you run out of space you'll have stuff you're finished with and want to switch out anyways.

What are you guys planning on playing when the hackers manage to make DS games loadable?

Everything I've currently got on my DSTWO, which more or less amounts to Mega Man, Kirby, Metroid Prime and Super Mario 64 DS

Megaman, Super Robot Wars, Ghost Trick, the usual.

Everything we already have on our flash cards. I bet most of us will keep using it.

Castlevania, megaman, kirby, Wario, maybe replay TWEWY and finish some games I couldn't before like Soma Bringers and Monster Tale.

emunand takes more effort to set up now than a9lh does. It's smarter safer, and more easy to setup. There are no downsides anymore that make Menuhax/emunand worth staying on.

Strange Journey

TWEWY to finalize my theme+badges I have going on, all the tokimeki memorials, and then after that, I dunno I guess B2/W2 since I skipped those.

k mate.

You need to get emunand set up before you can even start using A9LH, though. After all I remember part of the procedure being that you clone emunand to sysnand; feasibly you could drop the guide at emunand and be fine form there.

Not anymore you illiterate baboon.

you too

There's a new procedure.You don't need to downgrade to 9.2anymore, and you don't need to create an emuNAND either. You work directly with sysNAND. If you preciously had an emuNAND you have the option to overwrite that emuNAND over sysNAND, but otherwise, you don't need it.

In fact, the guide doesn't have an emuNAND step anymore. This is from part one

emunand is still simpler. :^)

Are you being dense on purpose, user? Downgrading to 2.1 is faster and safer than downgrading to 9.2, after that, everything's done automatically.

You do still need to do that and technically the 2.1 downgrade too. I did this on monday, the new steps are:

100% coldboot and anti-bricking guaranteed*
* unless you're a faggot that uses splash screens or fucks with godmode9

Not really, you have to system format and unlink your nands, not to mention back up all the shit on your sd card just to make the emunand ;^(

Oh, yeah, I forgot the 9.2 downgrade, that is still risky.
There's nothing wrong with splash screens, fag. They're aesthetic.

You are flashing a premade backup of 2.1.0, which is 99.9% foolproof, but you'd probably fuck it up since you can't read.

A question about freeshop, when you finish downloading a game you can go to the little handbag icon to check for updates and dlc.

If a game gets new dlc or updates in the future, will it appear there or do you have you delete and redownload the game?

I'll show you aesthetic.

It will appear there.

That's not aesthetic at all. I bet it isn't even symmetric.

Well, I've played about every 3ds game I wanted to play, and most ones considered "good" so give me something that's fun

So, for clarification, can I use Luma3DS in emunand through homebrew channel? I don't feel like doing more than that, just want to replace Reinand with Luma. And how do I make sure I don't lose my games and save data?

Yes, you can, and you don't have to worry about losing anything because you simply have to change some files on your SD. If you are that worried make a backup of your emuNAND and your SD files before switching, but it's a waste of time unless you have a lot of time without having a backup.
Also, only faggots use emuNAND.

Browse the freeshop a little bit. A shame it doesn't have all the games, but it's worth a try. Sofar, I've been wanting to taste these platformers.
Aeterno Blade
1001 spiker
Xeodrifter
Also, waiting on Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, since it supposedly include the Steam Japanese Voice with English text option.

I knew it.

Going thru cubic ninja and homebrew takes 30 seconds and I usually keep my 3ds on all the time. I don't see any benefits at all to taking the extra effort to switch away from emunand.

Enjoy having to install DSI and GBA injects in both sys and emunand, lack of 100% boot, and good luck restoring your sysnand if it corrupts.

faggot

30 seconds is a long time to me.
Though the boot fuckups are what pissed me off enough to change.

I just went through all of freeshop, downloading everything that looked remotely interesting. Got a good list of shit to sift through.

Wonder if the 20-ish downloads at once will ping nintendo and get me banned

Have GBA emu, don't play DSI, boot never fucks up, how would my sysnand corrupt?

I rarely turn my 3DS off, and again whats all this about boot failures?

There's literally nothing Nintendo can do about it

Nothing

Any game that is touch screen dependent is a pain in the ass to play on 3DS and any that isn't is better off emulated

Couldn't they introduce an account system with the next update and grandfather in any existing tickets? Couldn't fix all the existing fake tickets though.

Nintendo tried the account system thing. It didn't work.

got news for ya weeb friendo

The Saturn version is also an utterly crap port with terrible slowdown, more load times and missing graphical effects.

They've vastly streamlined the process, you don't even have to do any emuNAND stuff anymore. Just straight up downgrade to 9.2, install some pre-done 2.1 to get the OTP and install A9LH, then reapply your 9.2 sysNAND and update, and done. There's still risk but a lot less tedium.

Castlevanias, Pokémon, Super Princess Peach. Also NDS_TGM if the homebrew filesystem stuff is implemented.

What's risky about those, they're handled by the Luma3DS payload, you're only really at risk mucking around in hourglass9. Also what the fuck is godmode9?

You have to do that anyway for an emuNAND setup. There's literally no reason not to go the extra mile and do A9LH nowadays.

Fucking hell, at least set up Themehax, it's second to A9LH but far far better than any of the game or browser hax.

So, I've been looking at Monster Hunter on the 3DS.

Should I play 4 or X? And is there a way to play a pirated copy online?

Now I remember why I haven't touched my 3DS for years.

DLC is also a fucking pain to get a hold of.

If you're going to play 4, go straight for 4G. It's not up on FreeShop at the moment, so I'll up the CIA to the Vola for you. Both games are good, though I'd recommend 4 first since it's a main series game, while X is done by a side team and very different.

Bless you fam.

No problem. Just a heads up, I'm assuming you're looking for JP versions by the nomenclature, and I'm currently uploading the JP version of 4G, but on the offchance you're looking for NA versions, those would be "4 Ultimate" and "Generations" and I think both are already on the FreeShop.

And to play online I just install and I'm good?

But the lack of extra content is unacceptable. Technically the PS1 version is way better, that's undeniable, but if that's the case why the fuck if doesn't have the extra content. PS1 would be perfect if it wasn't for that. I actually more or less know the story that it was rushed
Content > Tech

Freeshop should handle the DLC now.

Should be, I'm running them just fine. For the record, I did the full A9LH and deleting EmuNAND to only run off a hacked SysNAND, but yeah, I've had zero problems. However, if you're running from an NA or EU 3DS, there's some sort of weird region thing you have to overcome, but it's just a quick fix, and not a sign that you fucked up, I'll poke around for it and see if I can find it for you.

So after a bit of digging, I found the following instructions. I've queued the necessary files to upload after the 4G upload finishes, which unfortunately with my godawful Internet will take 7 hours it seems. The files needed are small though, so they should go up in a flash afterward, I'll check in the morning to make sure they do. For now, the instructions:

Download the bbb-devkittools rar file and 3ds to cia tool
extract both files
Navigate to \bbb-devkittools\SDK-2.3.4
Take the Config.csu file and move it to \3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3\roms
Change the extention of Config.csu to Config.3ds
run 3ds_simple_cia and click convert 3DS ROM to CIA
Select the roms file
Navigate to \3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3\cia
Move Config.cia to your 3ds sd card
Install with FBI
Open the Config application on your home menu
click on Eula Setting
change the agree version to ff.ff (click down on the dpad it's faster)

Well, thank you for the effort. I'll look into it.

No problem, like I said, all the files you need should be up on the Vola within about 7 hours. Check it out here:

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Got a flash card? I'm willing to bet that you haven't played all the NDS games. And there's VC, have you played all the nes/snes/Gba/etc. games you've wanted to play?

I want a9lh but I'm on n3DS and I'm too paranoid (and lazy) to attempt it
I'm perfectly fine with the current status quo on my emunand

I use to get handcramps. You'll get used to it as long as you have normal hands.

What's the difference between 4g and 4u, which is on the shop.

The answer is obvious.

Oh, no difference, just better memes. Gotcha.

fuggen jpgs

I actually never played Monster Hunter before and I don't have space on my SD to do it.I played FF Explorers, though,

The only real difference in 4G and 4U is the language choice, I'm aware the MonHun threads here will complain of poor localization but apparently nothing was really changed beyond an exaggeration of the Guildmarm's (quest-giver's) "quirky" personality in an attempt to make her more endearing.

Explorers is OK for what it is but overall it's a pretty soulless MH clone, I picked it up since Dark Knights and Dragoons are two of my favorite Final Fantasy jobs and both of 'em are present. FFE is starkly easier and mages are the only real classes with any stark difference in functionality depending on what you choose while all the physical classes are some minor stat shuffles and a different "core" ability with all your actual damage dealers being the purchased skills you can upgrade. That complaint could apply to some of the earlier Final Fantasy games too, but still.

Give MH a try when you can because 4U was damned good enough I dumped nearly 100 hours into it almost immediately. There's some mind-numbing missions and a lot of grinding but it's also great fun and you can dump hundreds of hours into it playing singleplayer alone; each weapon performs uniquely and demands different things of you, and once you get into higher ranks you actually have to start putting a bit of thought into the armors you're wearing, the weaponry you're using and the decorations you've shoved into your equipment.

4G is in Japanese, 4U is in 8-4nese. I'm assuming 4U is missing a lot of DLC quests since licensing issues as well. They probably also made 4U easier, since they've done that with English Monster Hunter releases in the past.

That was more about the 100% quickboot part, splash screens increase the time to boot, ain't got time for that.
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9

Apparently 4U has no difficulty variance to 4G, that +50 defense was native to only one game, I want to say some release of MH3.

Wouldn't know, it's all hearsay since I just play the games in Japanese, would just feel weird to play them in English anyhow and from the screencaps that were floating around when the NA version of X came out, it's not really much of a translation anyway, they just kind of make up whatever they want

As there been any news at all about cracking version 11.0? It's odd that it wasn't yet.

last time i touched my 3ds is was to install the newly released freeshop
anything new happen since then?
do i have to update trannynand?
Have nip versions of snes games been put up yet? becasue nip n3ds wont play na versions.
Its weird but for some reason it will only play superfamicom

freeshop installs dlc now
you can create jp snes vc .cias yourself with a jp rom.

There is, I can't get SNES versions of games to run. There's JP versions of Super Donkey Kong 1-3 out so far, as well as Zelda. When I get a chance I plan to buy the Fire Emblem games and get those keys on the FreeShop too

Generations is the only one I'm aware of that was hit appreciably hard by the bad-translation bug, and though it has a few cringers (the one I usually see passed around is the "git gud" joke) I'm more bothered by the fast-and-loose making shit up for a translation than I am by any of the writing.

Off the top of my head, you can change the region of your 3DS now, Freeshop's absolute newest versions have DLC and update data support (and visiting Freeshop doesn't wipe your DLC like the stock eShop does), you don't need to update emunand unless you feel like it though there's no risk in updating emunand to current firmware (especially if you use Luma3DS to keep your native_firm intact so stuff like NTR doesn't break)

No clue on moon SNES VC releases, check 3DSiso and the like.

Figured there was, guess i gotta buy a eshop card to get some of the famicom games

how?

Get one of the controller grips for the 3DS
I don't know how I survived without it before. They should come with those grips by default honestly

It's got both in spades - they randomly throw in "lol muh drugs" for no reason and rewrite character personalities because "lol so randum," while at the same time shitting all over the playerbase and trying to foster casual attitudes - even beyond the "git gud" thing, when you speak to the quest girl in the Gathering Place (where quests with multiplayer options exist,) where in the actual she mentions that "despite them being called multiplayer quests, you can still run them solo, so challenge them anytime you like!" the foreignese version rewrites it to "You CAN do them solo, but who would ever do that, that's stupid!"

Which ones? They might be ones I'm planning to buy myself anyway, and if so I'll be uploading those keys to FreeShop

Process is called VC injection
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=45593

Fire emblems, luffia and super metroid off the top of my head

The Fire Emblems I'm definitely going to grab, I don't think Estpolis is up on the eShop though. I'll check when I get a chance though, I loved those games.

There's a way to do it with an existing CFW 3DS and a particular DSiWare title, or hardware flashing. Both methods suck. Unless you're saying there's a new one?

Finishing Strange Journey, Contact and the Ace Attourney games, the Inazuma Eleven Remastered hacks, Pokemon Conquest

No, I was asking if there was any news about people finding a new method outside of those, but I guess not.

I guess I'll just wait. There's bound to be something eventually.

The DSiWare one doesn't even work unless you have an NA/EU machine, since they pulled the game needed off the eShop

Shit I forgot abot Ace Attorney. I have to finish Apollo Justice and the Edgeworth games.

feels horrible, meng

Still fun to dick around in homebrew and install neat utility apps, but goddamn that feeling is deflating.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokemon-gold-silver-and-crystal-virtual-console-wireless-linking-patches.439986/

Anyone tried it yet?

I know this feeling far too well. It's being spoiled for choice really. Also always more interesting to hack the system than to do anything with it afterwards.

I've hacked one of my friends' and talked another friend through hacking her 3DS (on top of the o3DS and the n3DS I hacked for myself). It really is more fun than actually playing the two games worth getting.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/276407-mega-vc-pok-mon-gold-silver-crystal-rom-hacks-2016-including-wireless-link-patch.html

Neat. Now it's if I can be bothered to play them if I download it.

I just found my old R4 for my DS, can I use this with my hacked 3DS or do I need to wait for SD loading?

we need more context nigger
can you link a store page to that particular R4 or tell us the firmware?

This r4ds.com/

well it doesn't like its the type of flash card that bricks after it's specified year. I'm willing to bet the most recent firmware for it will support v11.0.33

ur a dum dum

make sure to grab woodr4 for best compatibility with games, but you'll have to install some CIAs that replace the system files related to blocking flascards on your cfw enabled 3ds. I just don't remember the exact name of the thing but some user might have it

Correct me if I'm retarded, but does Luma auto-unblock some of them?

Luma unblocks all of them, but some don't have proper header info and need you to install a launcher cia.

im a dum dum?

So my upload speed is apparently shit and it's STILL going. Hopefully should be done sooner or later though.

what's your upload speed? mine's 50KB/s

I think the guide in the OP now has you installing that CIA to unblock flashcarts, I'm sure it's also linked in there.

I've only had that happen once, with my first R4. Ever since they went to R4i I haven't had a problem. I used mine a little while ago, but i'm getting a replacement because I can't be trusted with small objects. I need a new Megaman Zero Collection too. I have brain problems.

It shouldn't have you do that, TWL patching fucks with Luma's. It probably has you restoring an original if you had one modified already.

That's cool, I got a PSP, a PS2, Dreamcast, hacked Wii and a PC, brah. Who needs a handheld with shit ergonomics when I can emulate or run the best games that have ever been, or ever will be if current trends continue

So, what's the better Harvest Moon game on the 3DS? Not counting RF4, that is.

I enjoyed the shit out of A New Beginning, but other people have had more fun with Story of Seasons. Check them out and form your own judgment.

Story of seasons is probably better than ANB, but they're both rather grindy and not as good as RF4. If you play either make sure you play on seedling/easy mode, because the extra difficulty only adds grind on top of the already tedious grind.

Vola doesn't say, but it took about 10 hours for me to get 64% of a 2.4 GB file up, so presumably it averages out to about 45 KB/s

So I made a nes inject of , but I have no idea how to make banners and shit because this guide was written by someone who barely speaks fucking english and tells everyone to go to an even shittier guide for how to.
I give up, but here's the hex edited rom for anyone who wants to try and a cia inject with the sample banners.
It runs perfectly fine, it's just the banners that are fucked up.

Is there a way to automatically patch/get DLC for undub games through freeshop?

Nope, freeshop gets shit directly fron the eshop and undubs have to be modded to have japanese audio.

got DSL too eh? i have the best internet possible in my city and it's 15megabits/s down that they never deliver and 1megabit/s up that they also never deliver

It's bullshit, Docomo theoretically offers Gigabit speed Internet, but because I live out in the sticks, the wiring isn't available for it, so I get stuck with crap ass speeds and yet, sadly, it's still better than the Internet I had when I lived in the States

ISP's. they're bastards.

we need to holocaust them

As soon as I manage to get a PS2 controller from ebay at a non-kike price and hack my PS2 I'm pretty much fucking set for life. As a kid I could only dream about being given unlimited access to all of these consoles' libraries. I'm just going to play videos games from now on while the world burns.

Take easy route and get a memory card with Free Mcboot already on, unless want to do it yourself.
It's kinda fun actually. ESR is useful as fuck as well.

I have some links saved for what I need to do, but getting hold of a new Dualshock is a real roadblock right now.

To anyone who wanted it, Monster Hunter 4G is now up on the Volafile, finally

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Gonna ask the retarded question, what's difference between G and Ultimate?

Ultimate is the version of G with all the text removed and 8-4's scribblings tossed on top. If they changed anything else, I don't know, I only play the games in Japanese, but I'd assume some of the crossover DLC based around anime/manga would get cut due to licensing costs.

Do you have a Fat or Slim PS2? OPL is fucking amazing. Only downside is that ps1 can't be done right on the ps2.

a hacked wii also makes a great netflix&movies machine for parents
also, never had a playstation, but I definately want to get one to soft mod it. Just don't know which one is the best to get for maximum gaymes.

Fat PS2, and I have the network adapter so I can get a hard drive for it. Can't remember what I need to do exactly, but I'll look further into it if I ever manage to get a controller.

Does anyone know whether a hacked PS2 saves games to the memory card or if they can save to the HDD?

The older PS3 models had full PS2 backwards compatibility which I wish I had, but I think they're also more prone to YLOD hardware failures.

That's always depressing. It would be fantastic to see it done outside POPS.
Can OPL be used with a DESR?

What? Save files go to the memory card. Think saving to the HDD is limited at best.

it's not super hard, you have to format it with HDDOSD or something and put your applications on it, then fill it with ISOs and it'll show up in the browser menu. OPL can save to the HDD if you want it to optionally but I don't think it's 100% compatible (it's somewhere near), you can set it on a per-game setting.

A normal ps3 can read ps1 games but can't read ps2 games. Try it if you want , i'm not lying.

are they easy to fix?

I know it can, but a normal PS3 can't play PS1 backups from the HDD. And older PS3s could play PS2 games.

No idea. Don't even know what the failure is, just heard about it.

I think it's a heating problem. I have the oldest PS3 model but it's not modded unfortunately, and it fucking tanks opening the psn store and it revs up for take off, but if you blow it out with a can of compressed air every once in a while I'm sure it'd be perfectly fine. Mine was starting to run really hot and I blew it out, now it's about what you'd expect.

"Yellow Light of Death"
well, it can't be as bad as the 360's hardware failure.

Is there an english patch for G?

I had 2 360s that got the rlod. Luckily microsoft replaced them for free. I wonder how much they lost replacing all the failing 360s?

I got the same old fat type since , i don't know before it actually come out to the market.
Instead my two fat xbox died both. Goddamnit microsoft

that would be interesting data

It would be horribly ironic if the issue resurfaced with their new line of xbones

Not that I'm aware of, but I just play games in Japanese

Does anybody have experience with porting RPG maker 2003 games to that easrpg for the 3ds? The instrutions are by no means hard to follow, but I can't find the necessary files/folder in LISA the painful.

Quick question. Can I use a save manager to transfer all of the saves from my physical cartridges to a downloaded version of the game? I've done it to software titles, but I have no clue if the cartridges work differently.

Any good FTP programs so I dont have to take off my cover any more?
Also recommend me good hidden gems on freeshop.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

The N3 has a built in file transfer in the System Settings

Use the System's built-in file transfer system.

If that's too slow for you, use FTBrony, it's in the starter kit for HBL.

If you want to save space by not having to put in the .cia then install it, use SocketPunch.

Yes, so long as they are the same region. Some can be done across regions, others can't.

you can install a .cia for FTPd. Latest is in the utility pack in op.

Use ftpd. Also I was pissed off enough at the screw-on backplate that I broke the screws off, and keep it secured with tape.

Can I use my 3ds to hack my DSi?

you can use your dsi to hack your 3ds

Anyone have the Nipponese version of FE Fates, the DLC and official patch and know where I can find the latest retranslation patch?

Is Fates Kakusei or If? Both should be up on the FreeShop with all DLC and patches right now. Shouldn't need a translation, since it's already in Japanese.

eng translation of the japanese version

GBATemp. Just google it.

Didnt they stop doing it? I think the completed the main path but the other things were unfinished

What is this title in FBI called MINT?

Does anyone here use Gpsp? Every time I load a game it's stuck on the quick menu

Luma3ds at ver 6.1.2
Freeshop at ver 2.1.1

Is it normal for the Luma updater to always want to update even if you're already up to date?

yeah, that's normal because it checks the nightlies and those are updated a lot.

when can hacking be enabled on 11.0

is it even possible/being worked on?

I'm sure it's always being worked on, it's just a matter of finding a new exploit since all the old ones were patched out. There's still the DSiware exploit in the meantime (or the hardmod if you're feeling adventurous.

Yeah, no way I'm doing hardmod, and I don't have another 3DS to do the DSI ware one.

Shoulda put this stuff on my 3DS when I had the chance.

Do I need the most recent FBI installer to make freeshop work?

When the timer from downloading a cia file ends it tells me the installation failed.

How do I add my save to a Virtual Console GBA game?

So, I have a completely noob question to ask.

What does it mean when it says a .cia game is "online ready"?

Can I just download a game through freeshop and play it online after it finishes patching and installing the DLC?

No clue what the fuck it means by a cia game being "online ready". .cia installations work just fine with online without any modifications whatsoever, the only things that required modifications for proper online play off the top of my head were .3ds files played through Gateway cards.

You can download and play a game from Freeshop online just fine.

What about undubed/uncensored games that require updates to play online?

Freeshop doesn't seem to register most of those.

'online ready' probably means it comes pre-updated but other than that it's just bullshit fluff because pretty much anything works online without anything.

You can update those if you want but sometimes it can mess with the mods, freeshop won't be able to find them because they likely have modified info in the title ID or otherwise.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

pokemon neo X or Y v1.4 cia, anyone have one? (rf preferred)

WELP i soft bricked my old 3ds because i took out the SD card without booting it like a absolute retard. Trying to update it to latest. god damn it i hope this works.

That's error does not fall to FBI

Decrypt9 allows for Gba save dumping and injecting.

So I've got a 3ds with the RxTools setup from quite a few months back when it wasnt abandoned yet. and i've been looking at the A9LH entrypoint and it seems damn useful so is there like a special way I'd need to go about the plailect guide considering I've got the outdated RXtools ?

you shouldn't have to do anything other than switch to luma, you already have an emunand made so it shouldn't be any more complex.

alright, thanks user

Then how do I fix it?

Aside from manually getting the cia file.

try manually getting the cia file

How do you mean? What were you doing at the time?

That bricks your 3DS? I could see it crashing it but bricking it?

Since this is the only 3DS thread, I'll just ask here. Between the two free games from the mii plaza, which one is better: Slot Cars or Market Crasher?

So are preloads still secure or can games be played before they are out?

Slot Cars, Market Crasher is just a play coin sink.

We got MHGen 5 days before launch. I shall wait eagerly for Pokemon to get the same treatment.

Can't I just steal both? :^)

Gotcha, thanks.

You could always hack the systems of friends so you get to enjoy that thrill over and over

I do really enjoy hacking 3DSes I don't know why, but I've always enjoyed fucking with consoles. I hacked people's PSPs in University for 20$ a pop but I would have done that shit for free.

You can always edit your coin count so then you have unlimited play coins

If you're OK buying them a new one if you fuck it up. But yeah I risked doing one for my mum with the new A9LH setup method, it was a happy home designer one even.

he's a legalfag, he ain't gonna do that.

So how is ohana these days? Can I edit animations yet?

Can you play online games if you install cfw?

I only ask because I have a love of Monster Hunter, and just want to play it and other games region free.

Yes, you can use it just like a legit 3ds

So long as you don't try to hack in microtransactions in freemium shit, Ninty can't do jack shit.

W E W
E
W

pretty sure the badge tool is also included in the smegma starter pack too

Hadn't used my 3ds in a while, so i decided to use lumaupdater when i did. I think i went from version 5 something to version 6.1.2. Now i blackscreen whenever i turn it on. Am i missing something really obvious or did i fuck up for good

Starupdater got fucked up with the new release, you need to put on the new version of luma. Uninstall that updater and get the one in the op instead.

can i just replace the files for updater on my sd? or do i have to actually boot because i cant boot at all right now

you have to download the latest luma, copy the new arm9loaderhax.bin to your sd, then download and install the new updater.

thanks mate

Finally got pcsx rearmed to work, you just need to use the cia. The nightly build works on 11.0 firmware with luma.

AA6 tomorrow friends. Here's hoping it's not as shit as Dual Destinies.

It's pretty good translation will probably be shit though, so you should just play it in Moon

Naw, AA localizations are at least pretty good. I don't feel like switching to Ryuuichi Naruhodo at this point either.

Did you try updating your settings?

Can somebody post the good 3ds game chart?

Anyway to disable the update notification on system start?

a9lh that bitch and never worry about it again

There's probably some homebrew to get rid of that, but I don't have any idea which or where it is.
Maybe this?
gbatemp.net/threads/release-updatesuppressor.404416/

I'm pretty sure I did install a9lh.
Anyway to check?

can you boot your 3ds without your sd card? if you can, you don't have a9lh

Turn on Wi-Fi and boot into recovery. When the system asks if you want to install the update, decline it and then reboot.

Hold Start on boot. It should boot into Hourglass9 instantly.

Or check your SD for a file called "OTP.bin". If you don't have that, you're not A9LH.

Cant boot without the SD card,

Yep, I can boot into hourglass9.

Should I just boot into recovery?

Yeah you're on a9lh. You can update from system settings if you want, as long as you're running luma cfw. Any particular reason you're on the firmware you are?

Im on 9.2.0, To be honest I thought I had to stay on this version.
I also dont see OTP.bin on my SD card. I did back it up before though

You don't need your OTP on your sd card, that's just for the initial installing of a9lh, you just have to make sure it's backed up Just In Case(tm).

Here you can read a little bit on what's up at the very end
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
also if you're running an older version of a9lh where you're still using all the x_key.bin stuff in your root, you can update your a9lh by following this
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax
it's very simple and quick, though probably not necessary

Okay, the OP posts are confusing me. I haven't messed with 3ds cfw since the big boom near a year ago. I've currently got rxTools with emuNand. I get the upgrading to Luma3ds from rxtools part, but I don't understand anything about installing a9lh, if I need to install it or if it comes with luma3ds, and if I need to get the luma3ds updater separately from the main install.

you don't have to install a9lh unless you want to, that's included in the linked guide. The upgrading to luma section includes all the details you need, I can clear that up by saying 'go to the github page' instead though, if you think that would be helpful. The luma3ds updater is a cia you install with it. A9LH is just an entrypoint, like using menuhax to load luma but faster with 100% bootrate.

Not necessary, but highly recommended

Thanks, 'nother question. Does the version in part 1 of the guide refer to sysnand or emunand version? My common sense tells my sysnand, but I want to make sure.

Oh, and should I install luma first or follow the guide first?

yeah it's sysnand, emunand is irrelevant to that because you can do whatever you want with emunand.

Anyone remember the button combination to boot into menuhax? I had mine set to auto boot into menuhax and use the buttons to boot into sysnand, but I can't remember what they are.

default is usually L unless you changed it,. You can always load browserhax if you can't figure it out and reinstall it.

What do I do if the browser just sticks on the loading screen when trying to boot to decrypt9? Keep trying?

Nevermind, sussed out the issue.

Upgrade to a9lh already
All menuhax and emunand serfs that refuse to comply shall be bullied

That's what I'm in the process of doing.

Carry on then

So… If the 3DS I just hacked is EU, I cannot use that to transfer hack my 11.0 3DS which is US?

No you can't system transfer between regions unfortunately. I think there is a way to change the region of your 3DS but I heard it was risky and I have no idea how to do it.

I don't care if its risky since I won't be using my US 3DS anymore unless I hack it.
Still, thanks, I'll try to look it up.

Boy am I glad the n3ds I bought was 10.7
I don't think I'd ever have the chance to downgrade

I bought a 2DS since their dirt cheap and they come with like 7.0. I just hacked it and put field runners on it so just in case I can hack a new 3DS if I need to.

never done this shit. I wont be able to with an up to date 3DS will I?

The region of your 3DS is largely irrelevant when it's hacked, you can run games from different regions on cart or installed. The only problem is updating games from outside yours via the regular means. The regular "press Y to update on launch" stuff only works for games with your region.

If you insist on doing it up, at least put A9LH on it first and back up the sysNAND, that should protect you against any brick.

If you mean 11.0 then it's possible, but you'd probably have to send it somewhere to get done up and that's probably not worth the effort compared to buying a new one (new as in fresh in box, I don't think any of them have 11.0 yet, not even that new Mario themed one).

I can't get banned right? Some people have said it does fix the freezing problem but I dont know.

I never get a system update notification, don't know man

Of course not
the Eshop recognizes games you've downloaded as games you own

Yeah… the game was a cia file user…

No, eShop CANNOT in ANY WAY check if you actually own the game. It sees the game installed and a ticket installed by Freeshop/whatever, why would it assume otherwise?

What are the best emulators to use on the 3DS?

Virtual console

I was thinking of using an emulator for romsets, and vc would take up a lot of space, any more suggestions? Besides, i don't think pc engine games are on virtual console.

Retroarch
Dosbox

gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/
The list in the thread should give you an idea on which ones work best. I can't find Catsfc in the nightlies, so it might be worth experimenting with SNES9X

Oh, ok user.

How good is the SNES and GBA emulation?

Any reason to stop using my PSP for it?

Anyone had any luck downloading the DLC for Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice on the latest version of freeshop? I downloaded the actual game no problem and I've never had issues downloading DLC for other games before, but with the new Ace Attorney it gets to like 15% and then just stops and says 'Suspended'.

How's PS1 emulation been going? This says they're pretty much at full speed.

I just booted the game up and it seems fine. It says purchased in the dlc menu, though I'm not out the first case yet so I can't test anything

An n3ds might be able to get a good frame rate with some options tinkering

The DLC is free anyway user.
I forgot to take a pic of it but it was free.

Either that or getting the game through repair method made the dlc free for me

Don't know about the foreign version, but the JP version let you grab the DLC for free within the first month, and then the next month the full DLC case was free for that month.

I'm using the USA version and after finishing the 1st case I saw that I could check the DLC, after seeing the customes the price said $0.00.

I think it was 40 blocks?

No new chapter tho, just costumes.

The free DLC available at launch was costumes, and a couple of mini-episodes called Gyakuten Theater or something like that, basically short cases (like Case 1 of the original game tier short) that are basically silly what-if's that the Judges more or less say at the beginning is non-canon so anything goes moreso than usual. Nothing major, but they're amusing enough.

Will they translate that thought?

No idea, I don't bother with foreignizations of games, there's no real point to playing them over the originals.

Say, how do pre-purchased games work, in regards to Freeshop or at least how the titlekeys work? I know you almost certainly can't play it, but could you at least download it off Freeshop if someone uploaded their titlekey?

If you have access to someone else's hacked 3DS it's possible. Otherwise you're SOL until someone finds a new exploit on 11.0.

Pre-purchase, not pre-download

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-purchasing
1. Downloads something onto the 3DS, totally worthless for piracy
2. Adds something to your titlekey.bin or whatever to say "hey, this person purchased this"
Am I incorrect on either of these? I have not personally pre-purchased anything and I am not familiar with the inner workings of the 3DS. It seems that, theoretically, having a pre-purchase titlekey would allow someone else to download using Freeshop it when it does come out, if not allowing someone to put the proof of purchase type file on their 3DS. This is totally incorrect if it is handled some other way.

So, I have 11.0.33 or some shit like that. I'm fucked, right?

Give it to be straight doc, dont sugarcoat my chances here.

Hardmod or DSI ware trick I believe are your only chances.
Yeah, you're fucked.

Ah. I see thank you. I held out hope for getting, access to the freEshop.

Hopes: Deleted.

Probably one being worked on or so a GBAtempt thread says anyway. Wouldn't be shocked if one comes out sooner or later.

Niggers thought DS loading was impossible, then they figured that shit out.

The door has been wide open already and Nintendo will soon discover what Sony did with the PSP, it's pointless to play whack-a-mole with the hacking community once they've made your system their bitch.

Any niggers want to play Mario Kart at one point? Or CTGP-7. It could be fun.

Pretty much, but it's Nintendo, they'll keep trying even in the face of futility.

Quick question. Do I need anything in special to launch a DS flash cart with CFW? I heard about a launcher.

It would be better if i just switch over from my full 64gb card (that has my emu+games) to an empty 4gb card for the purpose of the A9LH install, right?
I read that an a9lh system doesn't boot without an SD card, why is that?

In the most basic way, A9LH creates a dependency on the SD to be able to boot, so no SD, no boot.

Just use the same card. There's no downside and, in fact, you'll need your emunand to replace sysnand
The reason it can't run without SD is because you're working with a modified version of sysNAND, also, the SD contain files necessary to boot with A9LH.

Well, this is not exactly for my 3DS, but I have a problem. My cousin's DSi doesn't load it's R4 but my 3DS do. I'm guessing it's slash writer Since the icon it's the spongebob game, but it says that I have a higher version Mine 7.7 and the .nds with the writer is 7.0. Any idea? Something to upgrade higher than that?

If I wanted to upgrade to a card with higher capacity can I just copy the content of my current card over onto the new one, put it in the 3DS and boot it up no problem?

If you have A9LH, yes, just copy over and do it. If you still use emuNAND it's a little more complicated.

Yes. I've done it twice already.

I've already upgraded to A9LH so I'm good.

Can I copy and store (on my HDD) my already installed games, circumventing the need to install them each time I switch to something else?

I don't think I got what you said.
When you copy the files you have on your SD that contain the games you already installed but those files are encrypted. So if you want to install/uninstall them you have to do it from your 3DS.
No big deal if you have the .cia you can install them easily.

Chalk it up to me being a retard.

If I have a game installed on my 3DS can I back it up to the PC so I can just copypaste the files onto the 3DS without having to reinstall it?

No. You have to reinstall the games every time. As I said, no big deal if you have the .cia and enough space
All the management is done on the 3DS, sadly.

Yes, but it can be nearly impossible to tell which is which. Just use SaveDataFiler or something to back up the save data and keep a cia handy.

Ah, well, I'll need to buy a new hard disk to archive even more shit now.

I asked since i believe i read that it would be formatted. Though, skimming through the guide, I must be mistaken.
Also, there's already a bunch of files on it that I complete forget if are necessary. I'd delete everything that isn't game data.

DSiware doesn't even work except on NA or EU systems, since the game needed for it isn't available on the eShop anymore.

Backup everything just in case. I don't remember if the current progress format your SD, but you should backup everything anyway. Copy and paste everything on your SD and extract your emuNAND. You'll also be asked to do that with sysNAND.
At the end of the process the guide list the files you NEED on your SD, you can get rid of everything else if you want.

Yea, the move-rednand section of the guide mentions formatting

I think that was the old guide, but you're right. Do as you please.

Anyone got a collection of all official badges for use with GYTB?

Ok, so freeshop lets one download pokebank and I thought I read somewhere that we can use it for free, but it keeps asking me to buy a pass? What do?

Use one of the homebrew pokebank clones.

Any that allow transfer from b/w?

Sorry, I don't have a clue. I think you could export the cart's save and use save editors to copy it over, though.

Since I found it, I may as well post it. (If you download this, remember to remove .pdf from the end of the filename.)

Also, have a PictoChat badge I made. Unfortunately you can't make it launch PictoChat, so you still need to launch it from FBI or whatever.

Basically, A9LH is kept as simple as possible, all it does is load a program from the SD card and executes it (usually Luma3DS, which can also chain into other programs like hourglass9). This is much safer because it's trivial to change programs on the SD card if they're broken, not so much on the 3DS NAND.

The minimum you need on the SD card to have a working 3DS is Luma3DS, ideally with hourglass9. Also make sure you have backups of your sysNAND and OTP and stuff for recovery if you need them.

Indeed, those will have to fall back to hardmod. Luckily, there's not a lot of issue using a non-JP 3DS these days.

Is there seriously no way to play dsiware from the sd card?

All you have to do is install a cia. Are you talking about DS ROMs? If so, then, at the present time, no, there is no way to run DS ROMs as far as I know.

After the disappointment that was AA5, AA6's first case is fucking amazing in contrast.

Non-JP machines are more expensive, and from what I gather there are some games that auto-detect the machine's region, like Zelda Musou and Robobo Planet, so even if you CFW an NA machine, it automatically switches it to English and doesn't give you the option to fix it.

Case 4 is a riot, though I doubt the English version will be able to do it justice, it's one of those "too Japanese to work in English" ones.

I got FE: Fates (no subtitle) from freeShop.
The hell is that?
I thought it was some kind of definitive edition, but they didn't let me choose a side at the beginning of the game. So which one is it? It's just called FE Fates in the title.

Mine does the same thing. Think it's just what it does.

Is that Fire Emblem If? If so, the way the download version of the game worked was that you just bought If, and then in Stage 6 or so pick between Byakuya or Anya, and then the game would download the pack for that route. If you wanted to play the other route or Invisible Kingdom, you then had to pay the 2000 yen to download each as DLC.

Oh, I see. So I donwload the subtitled ones later. Thanks!

Can't you use language emulation to fix that?

No but there's a glimmer of hope for that. Just a glimmer but the 3DS hacking community keeps perfoming miracle after miracle so I have faith.

No idea, haven't tried since I have a JP 3DS to begin with so no need. I presume that'd be the point though.

I mean the downloadable titles that were originally for DSi. As far as I can tell, they only install to nand.

So does pretty much everything work with the 2DS? I can't decide if I should get a 2DS or just get a DSi for like 20 bucks.

2DS is basically an O3DS.

What does that mean?

o3ds translates to old 3ds, the 2011 version

For what purpose?

Hey guys
I got myself SEGA 3D Classics Collection from freeshop, but the game says it cannot detect an SD card so it cannot save and perform other functions
No other game has such a problem