Let's have a thread about mirrors

Let's have a thread about mirrors

Other urls found in this thread:

dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/09/01/dolphin-progress-report-august-2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=OKw_VUuZjCE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root
imgur.com/a/roGOZ
thecripplegate.com/shellfish-mixed-fabrics-and-homosexuality-picking-and-choosing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Damn, I'm lookin' good.

Mirrors are actually pretty hard to decently program.
The simplest way is also the most inefficient. It requires rendering everything twice.

TECHNOLOGY

Those modern Deus Ex mirrors are a fucking shameful dispray, especially the most modern one. There is absolutely no excuse for that shit.

This is the first I can remember having working mirrors.

shit, its the new shitman actually good?

Damn, it's already a few steps ahead of the curve.

I heard everywhere that it's the best Hitman, people like too complain about the way it released though, but it's arguably a good thing.

It seems like a return to form, if not for the absolutely god awful format it's sold in, and DRM

its a mess for optimization and the latest patch made my game start crashing every half hour so i haven't been playing much, but if they can fix that its great

Just like blood money did on mission 4 when you dropped anything.

I learned to speedrun that level.

WEW

What is so awesome about it?

It actually reflects what is in the room, you had to be gaymen in '96 to understand why that is impressive.

Were reflections even done a whole lot on the Build engine?

not entirely true, you're generating a render texture from a camera so you're actually not doubling the amount that needs rendering. You're simply adding another object to the scene. The issue starts to happen when you have too many of them.

The old way was to just put a duplicate of the level on the opposite side and have an NPC with the players inputs just inverted. But that's a really shit way of doing it. But that's what they used to do back in the day. And they still do on Mobile in some cases. Epics Castle demo has a duplicate of the cathedral for the mirror effect. Its really shit. Render Textures are way better.

I took the bait

Blood had them too and just like Dook 3D there was a special line of dialog when interacting with mirrors.
Unreal Engine 1 also had some good reflections.

IIRC the engine didn't actually support reflections, 3D Realms just hacked it together.

I was impressed by a lot of things in 1996 like 800x600 "HD" resolution available in Duke3D, but not by that.
Really what gameplay purpose does that fake "mirror" serve? Other than impressing shitty video game journos?

tbh, blood money crashed a lot for me anyways
i couldn't finish the white house mission because the game kept crashing shortly after i met that assassin/clone and started chasing him
eventually i just gave up and watched a walkthrough of it to see the ending

If you have never cared about TECHNOLOGY, that is fine but I have been spotting new tech in games I play ever since I first played Carrier Command (the first 3d game I could run at home).

MS Flight Simulator was earlier and I ran it at home.

Man, I remember Shadow Warrior had some fucking amazing floor reflections.

That were actually the room modelled upside down beneath the player.

The problem is that these "reflections" look very unrealistic.

Tony Hawk games did this too. I always wondered why the game never reflected your player until I found out how to glitch like pic related

Good for you, I grew up below the poverty line.

dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/09/01/dolphin-progress-report-august-2016/

This mirror was broken until a recent build of Dolphin because the alpha test for it sets the texture to 0x0, which ended up being ignored and set to whatever the last used texture was. Dolphin used to assume that setting a texture to 0x0 was an invalid operation since all that location contains is the GameID (in the case of the Gamecube NTSC version, "GZ2E01").

It turns out on real hardware the game LOADS THE FUCKING GAMEID AS A TEXTURE for alpha testing, which just happens to not contain any transparent "pixels". This behavior was console verified using a hacked ISO with a modified GameID.

I can tell you never actually played Duke3D. There are weapons that fire shit that rebound off walls including mirrors. Being able to clear rooms without anyone seeing you simply by aiming at their reflections was one of the most memorable moments of the game.

Fucking sorcery goes on with nintendo hardware and programming.

Damn, he's looking good.

Unreal 2-based games never had any problems with mirrors.

A classic null pointer dereference on a platform where the MMU doesn't crash the game for it.
Happens a lot in DOS games, too.

There's nothing very complicated about it, they just have a physical room on the other side of an invisible collision object and mirror entities and shit that could be in the viewable area. It's a fun workaround though.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKw_VUuZjCE

huh?

that was how silent hill 2 did theirs, build engine actually had mirrors

it's a raycasting engine, if a ray hit a flagged wall it'ld just bounce off and keep going.

In the developer commentary for Deus Ex Human Revolution's directors cut they said the engine Eidos got for the game was the one that was used in some Splinter Cell game at the time. And it was reportedly a nightmare to work with. It caused so many technical issues at the time that mirrors were infeasible to get working.

In much older games mirrors were a lot easier to render because the engines themselves were much simpler. But as polygon counts increased and graphical fidelity updated it started to cause problems. I'm reminded of how in a lot of mid 2000s games like SWAT 4 the mirror image would be really fuzzy.

It certainly does look really really good when it's done though.

Clive Barker's Undying was an Unreal engine 1 game. It released a year before the first Unreal 2 engine game, Unreal Tournament 2003.

The build engine is not a raycasting engine. The vertices are projected first in player space and then a column/distance from POV are generated.

The way mirrors worked was another mirrored room was built on the other side and entities would get mirrored. This can be seen very easily if you use the noclip cheat in the first level.

It's all faked and easily impressed 90s kids. :3

This was long before portal technology was a thing where you could fake this much more effectively. Like it was really easy to make actual mirrors in something like Doom 3 or the Source engine because of portals like RT_trigger

Like how Doctor Breen's image here is actually just a trigger. The real Breen is in a box outside the level suspended from the waist up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how programs work.

If you actually bothered to check the image you would see he't right.

I wonder why Valve never thought about using the stuff they use for screens or Portal's portals to make a working mirror

Made me reply.

Thank you for standing up for me, user~

Does it really matter? Usually you find mirrors in small enclosed rooms.

It's almost as if the image is mirrored.

classy bait, i like it

I am going to fucking kiss you lovingly you absolute qt

I know you're trying to be polite but maybe they're not familiar with mirrors.

Shut up

It's sad that The Mirror Technology™ has been lost like some ancient pre-war tech.

Check em

nice try

You are a very kind user but I would be concerned if people with access to the internet didn't understand reflections.

Because of lighting improvements it would be extremely hard or impossible to fake now meaning you actually have to do it properly and either lose frames.

You were right.

It's moreso a product of modern design sensibilities

Modern game design tries to maximize things that all players will see. If it's something most players won't give a shit about and will probably be tucked away in a room most players will just walk by they don't care that much about it.

It also helps them masque the terrible third person animations they tend to give player characters in these games.

*ignore that either, I realized there was no other option.

Yes, while brown and bloom was a terrible blight on vidya at the end of it all we got much more realistic lighting.

What are you looking at? Real tough guy. Can't even tell her you love her. I've got to get off this damn reservation. If she'd just come with me, it would be all different… it would be all… Listen to yourself. Who do you think you're kidding?

ARE YOU ENJOYING THE DIVERSITY YET

Yet another thing Mr. Robot does better, and here I thought that was the worst it could get

Be careful who you're licensing that technology off from, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root

heh

I really would like to understand what you people just said. I have so much to learn…

polite sage

overly pedantic about the engine and incorrect about the mirrors. there wasn't a fucking room back there you mong

Mirrors are hard to do with the way 3d graphics renders images. You can only really do flat planes without having to step outside of hardware rasterizer. Many older games use the method where the world was mirrored around the mirror, so looking at an object in a mirror was a “physical” copy of that object at a different point in space. Another method is to mirror a camera around the mirror, render the scene to a texture, and then apply that texture to the mirror. If you want to have a reflection on anything that isn’t a flat surface, then you need to start cheating a little. Most games will probably render a cube map in the center of the object or using a pre-rendered cube map and calculate what should be reflected by the surfaces normal; this method isn’t accurate, but it is close enough that almost all people won’t notice.

Recently though, games have started using screen space reflections which is just straight up raytracing. This is also why the reflections in some games appear to be grainy; it’s aliasing from a suboptimal (from a visual stand point) amount of samples.

Have some video evidence

wow, it's what i just screenshotted. interesting evidence of NO FUCKING ROOM

Trenton is a serious underdeveloped character, I wonder if they think that giving her personality will be considered islamophobia.

sage because i didnt post mirrors

Oh it's a parallel universe!

At least someone knows How It's Meant To Be Played[tm].

Duke can't exist outside the map in original BUILD without instakill.
So there is an actual room.

technology?

why do they always have to be paki/iranian/indian etc but never arab. are there no arabs there or what

No fucking way. that's really ironic.

Well you're not actually looking in a mirror, the camera is just really close to your face. The same thing happens when you sit in a barber's chair

:^)

Anyone got a webm of what happens if you shoot it in the opposite corner? I'm rather suspicious that it just breaks like that always and the nigger just shot that corner to make it look better but I'd like to be proven wrong.

They probably have like 5 cube maps and if it's a house interior it's always this kitchen. I don't know why they even bothered.

Is that the Wii version of the game? I could have sworn the GC version didn't ahve reflective panels like that.

yes, there is a room.
but it's not just a copy pasta of the other room, it's a giant empty rectangle to trick it into throwing the totallynotrays that definitelyaren'tcasted to the full distance in the first step of the rendering so that the mirror would work. and later on they weren't required.

MIRRORS ARE MORE FUN THAN TELEVISION

I was not aware she even had a name

Not sure.

I blame the abuse of painkillers

Mirrors ARE more fun than television.

Did Payne 3 have any functioning mirrors? I don't remember anything from that game besides nagging characters and the airport shootout

bugged ejaculation mechanics

MIRRORS YOU SAY

Reminds me of some TF2 maps where the respawn room and the area outside it can get their reflections mixed up

I don't remember, but I do remember that L.A. Noire had functional mirrors inside some of the houses while you were investigating, so it could be that MP3 also had them.

Is raytracing technology even used in any current engines?

LA Noire was by a different developer (Team Bondi) and ran on a different engine than Max Payne 3

Yeah, in the bathroom right before the airport shootout.

Cubemaps are a waste, like SSAO, or Motion Blur.

Most WoD vampires do have reflections m8.
Only Lasombra don't have reflections.

realy makes u think huh

Ethan Hawke?

Nintendo was doing it 15 years ago.

false, the very first mirror has a room behind it, they use the same trick they used later in the game where looking at a room from the north would lead you to a room while looking at the same room from another cardinal direction woule lead somewhere else, and it's also the trick they used in Shadow Warrior to have the bridge at the start.
they set an area to be a portal area and when you look at it you see what you would see if you were somewhere else, in this case, in front of a mirrored room in the middle of nowhere.
it's the same tech as Portal.

holy shit
What happened to when games would have this shit and NOT have an ages long boring ass cutscene that totally gives away that something nutty is going to happen? What happened to slow subtlety like this shit?

Videogames are made by hollywood rejects now

It's called a cinematic experience you game hating faggot. Best when played at 24fps.

cubemaps are an excellent way to have cost effective reflections for small things that aren't worth the resources, don't mix them up with that garbage.

I really want to play raytraced doom or duke nukem.

this
was meant to reply to>>10591023

personally I blame retards who think/need jumpscares for something to be scary I just want my fucking subtle in-game spooky shit back fam. You know somethings fucked when Cry of Fear is the best horror game of the past fucking decade. Why can't faggots enjoy shit like uncanny valley or unnerving types of horror? Why does shit have to be so fucking over the top?

to further elaborate, given the small size of Jensen's mirror, if they had put a special cubemap centered at the mirror on it nobody would have seen the difference (although you would still be unable to see Jensen)

because you have to sit still and wait before the full thing is delivered to you, hell it's almost like effort, and we know how allergic normalfags are to that.

I want raytracing be used for sound engines, creating real time echoes and sound distortion.

I haven't played the GCN version, but it's probably the Wii version, the crosshair is off-center.

Note, ray tracing is old technology. You're probably thinking of path tracing. The only engines I can think off of the top of my head are Arauna2 and Brigade.
The problem with path tracing is the noise when things are in motion. The difference between ray tracing and path tracing is that ray tracing traces rays for every pixel on screen, while path tracing just fires a bunch of rays/photons per light and uses algorithms to cull the ones that are less likely to reach the camera. These algorithms are largely based on randomisation. And thus not every pixel gets a full light level per frame. Only way to get rid of most of the noise is have more rays.

God damn that's impressive, are there any other games that do this?

Because the talented always get culled by the higher ups to save on costs. So you end up with a bunch of hacks who emulate movies because they don't know how to make games.

I had to give it some sorta filename, and cum collection was the most accurate to the wacky face

would super crazy animated setpieces cost way more fucking money? These new games are literal fucking movies at this point.

I will second that.
Duke3D was one of the first true 3D games
No Doom/Wolfenstein were not 3D. They were just faking geometry with 2D sprites.

Mirrors start to increase the draw count exponentially.

God damn it where can I get Duke for free?
I need to play this shit again.

neither was DukeNukem3D, they could theoretically make every anything that could be done using a 3D engine, but it was done using portals and teleportation, the engine is still 2d.

his hair is so short yet so long

You mean view portals which were a thing since Quake and Unreal but people tend not to use because of resource hogging.

I didn't even cared to make a better edit.

Maddening.

Serious Sam 3 had only one mirror in the game. Probably just so they can show off their tech.
They added a secret mirror to The Talos Principle later in a patch just because.

What the fuck is a mirror?

It is really, really sad that mirrors are so rare and special in videogaming.

it's like an easter egg at this point

What this user said:
Then:

An extra 5 minutes in paint.

Well I'd love to, but…

Microwave arabs WITH YOUR MIND.

The guy may be harassing, but the burqa is oppressing that lady. Free yourself, girl, and stop wearing that potato sack.

What if its just her husband scolding her, did the retard ever think of that? Her husband is allowed to do almost everything to her, the maker of this comic is the anti islam extremist!

You just reminded me about Quadrilateral Cowboy.

yes the block on that empowered female hackers head is a fucking hijab

he is white.he can only be a racist shitlord.

ahem are you sure.

On the right is a picture of her on her hoverbike.

what is the reason we dont have stuff like this nowadays again?

are the modern game/graphics engines so much harder for coding that stuff in?

Why live?

That's the Wii version but the GC version has the same panel. It's not really a reflection since it's always in the same pose and only Samus' arms are rendered when in first person.

Did you try to shoot the monster in the mirror?

I still find this extremely awesome.

The mirror scene in SOMA was spooky as fuck, don't want to post it cause it's a spoiler.

Sause?
I really don't know, sorry

Shame on you, user.

Game?

I… I had a VERY sheltered childhood in terms of gameing.
I missed out on a lot of things.
I'm 22 and I have never played pokemon

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie

That's quite a shame, user. You missed out.

yes, I remember seeing the muzzle flash and shooting at it

the mirror thing is kinda weird. Only because they can do simple tricks that don't use allot of power from the gpu or cpu.
Just having a new camera for the mirror and it would not take allot of space, and most engines do render "in real time" so the render would be there, plus there is not really any need to put on a new filter for the new camera if the game is not heavily filter-based.

I sound negative but I believe the level designers are little bit lazy now, then they where back in the day.

You could get a good window effect with this method in UDK 3,5 and now with 4 without using allot of horsepower.
And I believe the same thing can be achieved with Cryengine but it has been along time since I've used cryengine its been over 3 years.

Wouldn't that require you to store temporal information about the path of each ray? When you're raytracing light, you pretend that it traces its path out instantly, because light is fast. But if you wanted to do echoes and people talking through fans and stuff, you would have to model the speed of sound through various media, keeping track of when certain sounds bounced off walls or returned to the player, etc.

It might not be much of an issue, though.

Also there might be more efficient ways of doing it.

Darude - Sandstorm

Call of duty 1.5

not really
you can easily do something like that, even in unity
just make a noisemap texture, set it's alpha value in the shader, and give it a red-ish colour
thing is, nobody feels like bothering to do that
i remember there was a tutorial that showed how to make a water puddle appear via a shader with a noise texture, but i can't find it

Sound goes fast as well, but you can simply spawn a shorter ray that goes as far as the sound propagates per frame and then spawn a new one the next frame. The same is done for bullets in some games mainly ones made by /k/-tier guntards in /agdg/, so unfinished ones.
It's not like no one's done it before, multiple people have. It's just not been used in any actual games as far as I know.

Reminder that Fallout 3, NV, and 4 all have EVERY mirror broken in the game.

? I played 4 for a very short time before deleting it but IIRC it has working mirrors. You create the face of your character in a mirror for fucks sake

That's just a camera angle, as soon as you take control, the damn thing is a solid white slab.

Fucking hell, I wonder how I didn't notice that. Looked through list of games made by Gamebryo to check them, wiki says Bully was made using that engine and IIRC that game was working mirrors. This is just sad

Apparently the remake used Gamebryo but the original release was RenderWare, are you sure the remake had working mirrors?

Can't remember, sorry. Looked through google, found a pic of a mirror but can't say is that Scholarship Edition or the vanilla game, someone who has it has to test it

If ArmA 3 had that it would run at half a frame per second

DAYUM

FUCKING
NINTENDO
WHAT THE FUCK

Confirmed it myself. Screenshot from PC port of Bully: Scholarship Edition.

PANIC

kek

Reminds me of the tale of the navy user who wanted to cook some popcorn on the ship's radar and on the radar it appeared as an extremely close saucer

as a matter of fact the maturity everything computer related reached recently only made it easier, specially with game engines being such a big thing

I even build maps for it.
The interesting thing about this is aiming at and shrink yourself.

back to halfchan

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Streets of Rage 3

WHAT ZE FUG

WHY DOES ISLAMIC HENTAI EVEN EXIST

ISN'T THIS HARAM?

You do realise that most Muslims don't actually give a shit about their own region unless it gives them an excuse to kill people?

So islam is the social justice of religions?

yeah, arma3 only has one faux-reflection cubemap. it'd look a lot better if it was some strips of blurred color and not a detailed picture.
technically impossible to do real reflections, just make it non intrusive.

Do I even need to ask if they rape her?

wasn't it so, that most mudslimes haven't even read quran?

most people of every religion haven't read their holy book
i've met priests who didn't know the bible well

Procedurally generating the fracture pattern would be easy compared to doing per-pixel normal-dependent reflections.

I'm guessing they actually just fake it. They use one virtual camera to get the texture that would be applied to a perfectly flat mirror, then use the value of the normal map as a displacement for each pixel so that you get a fractured effect. It only works for very small angles of displacement which is fine for a broken mirror but wouldn't work for a mirrored cube.

Nice mirror thread

I'm sure you could create a shader pipeline which would render a scene as seen on the surface of a mirrored sphere. It's just a matter of doing all the necessary maths to transform vertex coordinates into a highly distorted screen space. It wouldn't work with concave mirrors, but it should be fine for convex ones. You'd be able to render the entire visor with a single virtual camera.

Pretty much no one follows the rules of their own religion. Christians wear different fabrics (Levictus 19:19), some muslims don't wear hijab. Fuck, when was the last time you fasted on Lent? Or spoke God's name in vain? People who berate people for not following the rules probably break the rules all the time. Religion is autistic as fuck.

there's a difference between convenience and islam literally having a rule that you're allowed to break the rules to trick the infidel

Only if your life is in danger. The Taqiyya doctrine was developed 765 AD by Ja'far al-Sadiq during the caliph Al-Mansur's campaign to get rid of the Alids (people who think the first Caliph should've been Muhammads son-in-law. It's mostly used in situations where disclosing your faith could lead to death. With enough mental gymnastics you could justify hiding plans for terror-attacks behind this. You have to remember that everyone is human and thus gravitate to convenience.

Sage for going extremely off-topic.

oh it can be done. but you don't want to do it in the only FPS with kilometers view distance and 10000 objects on screen.

beyond that, most all of their "be good" commandments only apply to other muslims.

I haven't played the game but what they said about it during the marketing campaign seemed impressive.

the way it works in practical terms is you hear a sound from the nearest door or window, shortest path. there's no muffled sounds through walls or secondary sources.
the effect is like a funhouse mirror for audio, it's horrible, actually worse than vanilla game audio.

Surely that depends on the kind of wall we're talking about, no? I can't imagine there being NO sound through thin wooden walls.

the suburban house map sounds like your in a cave system.

My collection of these is small

Dark souls

That's not supposed to be a mirror in MP2, you faggot.

Bonetown

this is not skeletons..

I'm interested to see real-time ray tracing used by something other than a tech demo. At least I don't think anything like a real game has been done that way yet.

Man, that'd be such a better game.

It's mixed fabrics you fucking idiot and no Christians are not required to follow that because Jesus fulfilled the covenant.

That was the whole point of the Bible. To give an account on the reestablishment of how the followers of god are supposed to live. Christ came and found people more focused on the rituals and other petty nonsense rules, rather than the reasoning and wisdom behind the rules, and said "nah, fuck that" making a new covenant in the process. Not to say there isn't loads of valuable lessons and information in the old testament, it just shouldn't be considered the binding bedrock law of Christians when Christ himself deliberately broke a fat chunk of those laws and told everyone to be more like him.

sage for completely off topic

PANIC

user, you should probably go to church one of these days

I like those types of things, but I never got into horror besides literature

What games should I play?

What in the fuck

Dude that's a ninja outfit with poncho atop of it, notice the extra harness for the spy shit.

Yes it is.

And then the Jews had him to the cross for his trouble. Ingrates.

Curse of the Druids

get out

What?

I was impressed at first, but after looking into it, it appears that the actual shattering isn't organic like I thought it was. Can anyone provide more examples of this?

MMMMMM
FUNAI JOKE

thank you, i spent all day this morning to figure that out, it's good to know that anons appreciate my hard work.

video unrelated

has there been a VR game were you look at your self in the mirror ?

I want to fuck the living shit out of that semen demon.

Chances are you would end up puking
And by you I mean exclusively you, most of us would do fine, but you would puke

Battletoads.

Repent, o sinner!

Sonic 3D

imgur.com/a/roGOZ

Trashed.

fucking lol

Pokemon Red

Was that drawn by the artist that did Underalterbach?

Definitely looks like his style.

You mean absolute shit?

I didn't say it looks good.

God damn did he turn into such a trainwreck.

I miss the days of watching viva la bam and jackass when he was just a 20 something fucking about having fun.

His life turned into absolute shit when dunn died.

What does this actually mean?

arma 3 has functioning pip mirrors on vehicles, but they dont put them absolutely everywhere for reasons of performance. having a mirror in that picture would be kind of cool, but it would also be another drag on the framerate in a game where you are lucky if you get over 30.

and as you will notice in all those other games the mirrors are in small self contained areas where rendering things twice is not a problem. in an open world game where you have no controll over what can be seen in the mirror than can be alot more trouble.

that is quite a beautifull effect. is the game any good?

carmageddon reincarnation has pretty nice reflections on cars but the water reflections are pretty fucking bad

Awesome part is that games dont have them anymore.
From top of my head Fallout 4 (((mirrors))) are just gray surfaces.

Mirrors are racist. games shouldn't include them.

translation right to left (it's read like that)
don't ask how I can translate

So that's why Deus Ex HR had that weird amount of attention payed to how Jensen's bathroom mirror was broken? Subtly letting off steam about the whole engine being garbage?

To be fair, if the only time I'd ever get a good look at the player character's animations is the .1% of the game time I'm looking at a mirror, I as a player would agree that excellent player character animations are not the best use of developer resources. Plenty of other content I'll see much more that I'd rather see that effort put into.

Makes me wonder if they just plain couldn't technically pull off a working flashlight on the reflected version, or specifically chose not to even though they could.

All I can feel is rage. Fucking feminists and their doublethink.

the illusion was almost perfect

doppleganger!

my fucking sides

This is basic grade school shit: Jesus came to fulfill the old law (Matthew 5:17). As such, Christians don't have to follow any of the rules in Leviticus. The gospels are full of incidents of Jesus pissing off the Pharisees by ignoring Leviticus, like Mark 7 (not washing his hands before eating) or Matthew 12 (eating grain on the sabbath) and many, many more. After Jesus' death, the church fathers debated the question of circumcision and decided to not do it. The spirit of Christianity was throwing away stupid purity laws and "walking the talk" when it came to being a good person. This isn't to say that all of the Old Testament is rendered irrelevant, but some parts of it are (specifically, the ones that exist to set Israel apart from others, for no other reason than "muh chosen"). Jesus was basically critiquing his own society.

Here's a good article on it: thecripplegate.com/shellfish-mixed-fabrics-and-homosexuality-picking-and-choosing/

A lot of people I know fast during Lent. I'm not Christian, to preface, but it's not like they're all hypocrites.

This one is a sticky misconception made by both Christians and non-Christians. "God damn x" isn't actually a violation of the commandment. A violation would be something like "With God as my witness, I shall do x" and then not following through on it (if it was a good deed) or doing something sinful. It also covers false prophets, like those who claim to speak for God but do not speak in accordance with scripture. This covers people who think that they have received a new "revelation" from God.

I'm sorry for the long post, but it pisses me off when someone tries to equate the rules of Christianity with the rules of Islam, especially when that person doesn't understand the basics of Christianity or those of Islam. Did you know that the Quran is the literal word of God, and that it says you must kill or politically dominate non-muslims several times? As in damn near every surah? That's a bit different from "turning the other cheek" isn't it? All Muslim violence against non-Muslims is in accordance with, I repeat, THE LITERAL WORD OF GOD, AS DIRECTLY AND PERFECTLY TRANSMITTED TO HIS LAST PROPHET MUHAMMED. A person can be good while explicitly following Christian laws, but in order for a Muslim to be good, he must defy the literal word of God.

both text and images are nothing but 0s and 1s, so it reads the gameID(text) as if it were a texture(image)
the result is usually a garbled mess.