What are some of your favourite love stories in vidya, Holla Forums?

What are some of your favourite love stories in vidya, Holla Forums?

Tharja x Robin
:^)

The one with you in it :3

B-but user, I don't love cock!

Haven't really seen much in games.

FF4 and Phantasy Star 4 come to mind though.

Humans can't love demons!

I don't think I've ever found a good love story in vidya. I even made a thread way before asking if anybody had.
It sure isn't yours OP

I don't like love stories in vidya because they make me kind of jealous

It's okay to admit you like cock user. It's not gay.

Odinsphere had some nice ones.

FF9

Best girl.

Fuck off Faldio and take your shit taste with you. We're trying to have a thread here

The bunny is dead user

she lives inside his heart

But that's one of the best romances.

Best Megaman OTP

Their romance really pierced my heart like a dagger

Why?

Face it, without Faldio welkin didn't stand a chance

what about fatherly love?

Why did she love him, it really made no sense since all he did was just give her a ring
was it because she had daddy issues and wanted some form of love and attention even if it was from someone that killed her sister?

I'm pretty sure you/Faldio's cock is only in your dreams, let it go.

What makes you think Pixie's a human?

I can't think of a single decent game with an actual relationship outside of VNs. I know the original MGS trilogy does but those relationships aren't really…much. Hardly enough to write home about, either.

Basically, though they both had daddy issues and wanted someone to love them rather than be seen as tools. Gwendolyn also thought she was under a love spell when she was married off to Oswald so that probably got her to accept her feelings in a way.

;_;

Yuri had a hard life

Interestingly, there's a line in FtNW that hints that both endings of SH1 are canon due to how Covenant can play out, basically leaving two possible deviations based on Covenant's ending:
>Koudelka (BE)>Shadow Hearts (BE)> Shadow Hearts: Covenant (GE)>Shadow Hearts GE>Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

This would effectively leave a split timeline where the events of Covenant play out differently (given Yuri gets to relive his life from where he was happiest with all his memories and experience intact and can change the future), the Emigre ritual never happens in 1915, with FtNW taking place after that. Though, it does create a bit of a slight issue in that Karin still needs to A) Join Yuri's party, B) lust after him, C) Go into Takamagahara with him and the rest of the party, and D) Get send back to the past to fuck Yuri's dad, all of which needs to be done to ensure the timestream doesn't shatter since it's in a stable timeloop. And complicating matters, for all the things Yuri learned through Covenant, he never learned to truth about Anne, and as such wouldn't know to manipulate events to ensure that the loop remains stable.

But yeah, being Yuri is suffering. But that's the Shadow Hearts universe for you.

Fuck, messed up that first spoiler. But I suppose it's not a big issue.

Also, there's a number of sad events that HAVE to happen in order to even get Takamagahara open (including a number of deaths). So while the SH:C GE timeline results in a happier life for Yuri and Alice, other people still have to go through a lot of pain in order for time to flow as it should. Probably part of why in FtNW's backstory, Apoina Tower still has its seal broken, even though Yuri would have known exactly what would happen.

Here's something I always wondered about:
>Karin is sent back in time and becomes Anne.
So, where did the necklace originally come from?

Sage for off-topic

is this a thing?

>Questioning how a stable timeloop works.
Don't ask questions, you'll hurt your head more than you need to. But most likely it would have been an artifact acquired prior to the timeloop forming (maybe from Jinpachiro originally?), provided it's not something that always has been and must always be.

Still, at least Karin has the peace of death in SH1's backstory somewhere in mid-late 1890s or so, and being born in 1890 as a blank slate as a reprieve from the loop, as her death is actually a factor into the loop's history (being what awakens Yuri's Harmonixer powers). In another game I played with timeloop shenanigans, the character that gets sent back has no such out due to the loop working as a "send her backwards, send her forwards through cryosleep" thing. If she were to ever die in the plot, time would crash. If she were to ever stay in the present, time would crash. if she ever actually hooked up with the protagonist, time would fucking crash. She has no out without destroying the present and the people she loves in it, will never be truly happy, and it will continue like that forever. Now that was a really bittersweet ending.

i can't think of any examples because i'm an emotionally stunted retard man

are there any games with love stories that don't work out for the character?

In Shadow Hearts, Yuri initially just wants to molest Alice at best (and possibly rape her at worst; dude wants poon and makes that very clear), but he eventually comes to love her and open up to her about his past, and she reciprocates, seeing through his abrasive exterior he puts up as a facade to mask his own suffering. At one point, in order to save Yuri's soul, she makes a deal trading her own for his at some point in the future, and later on the collector comes knocking. By the time Covenant rolls around half a year after the bad end of the prior game, Yuri is heavily depressed, and borderline suicidal (if Gepetto is to be believed) over her death, and the only point he finds to life is protecting a small town with his horrific powers. That eventually fails when his soul is cursed, his powers sealed, and people he cared about are killed because he couldn't protect them, and his new purpose becomes exacting revenge on the people that fucked him over, though he eventually mellows out some and turns it into more of a goal of wanting to help forge a world Alice would have wanted to live in. Oh, and there's no cure for the curse either, so eventually all his memories and very soul will be devoured by it, leaving him a hollow shell of a being with potentially disastrous powers he may not be able to control (failure of will over the souls they control being a fate worse than death for his kind). So yeah, falling in love probably just led to him suffering horribly. Well, more-so than before. The good ending of Covenant is actually him committing suicide by cop and retaining his soul and treasured memories before they get entirely eaten, and somehow his consciousness gets send back to shortly before SH1, giving him the chance to relive both the happiest time of his life, and using his memories, perhaps build a better future for him and his beloved.

In a way it works out in one of the possible ends, but canonically he has to suffer through a lot just to get the chance to try again.

Pretty much every relationship in the original MGS trilogy ends up with the protagonists getting heavily cucked. It's almost scary how it happens in I think almost every fucking game, actually.

remember this when one of these mongolods says anything is shit

Incorrect.
Can we please avoid terms like these? This thread is already kinda cancerous on it's own.

If you're going to do a pairing that involves a tactician, at least pick the right one, faggot.

Same drawthread.

This isn't the love you meant I'm sure but I'm a sucker for stories of a father going through hell to save his daughter.

Valkyria Chronicles was good shit. Welkin motivated me to get off my NEET ass and go to college.

Though a hundred thousand years may pass I will never stop being butthurt over the fact that pic related is an unpainted garage kit.

Literally the best girl AND the best combat unit.

Rosie comes close if you equip her with Selvaria's gun, but otherwise, yeah, especially if you complete the scout mission early on and get the ridiculously powerful empire scout rifle.

Good for you user. I wish I could get that kind of motivation from videogames.

Followed by

>SUPER VALKYRIA POTENTIAL

It still hurts, Holla Forums. ;_;

I remember that figure. E2046 had some of those pre-painted just like that, but ended up selling out the first time. They sold a batch of them for a second time but I was broke then. shieeeet

BioShock 2 was very meh gameplay-wise, but the good ending always gives me wet eyes.

That entire episode 5 of tales man

He slayed Gods for her.

It kinda lame that game didn't give you any choice, but still seeing how your snarky cheeky cunt of a silent protagonist went through time and himself to save her was sweet as shit.

I'm sure these are all high quality love stories.

Well if by "high quality" you mean "realistic" with both sides being used goods, then no, they aren't.
Weeb love stories are idealistic, pure and highly unlikely to happen in real world.

More like autistic nerd fantasies from a beep-boop people, and liked by autistic nerds that have never talked to a girl in their lives.

Japs write better romances. Here have some nonweeb pure love.

I have talked to plenty of girls in real life.
That's why I prefer 2D ones.

I guess that counts as talking to a girl?

Nice projecting.

Literally lower than pic related tier.

Looks the autism diagnosis was spot on. You shouldn't be bothered anyway since all 3D women are obviously defective whores.

Your post? Yes, indeed it is.

They're the most pleasant ones. Unless you can provide something that's better. Hint: you can't.

Weeb love stories are nice and sweet. Western love stories try and be too dramatic and it turns to shit, because western devs suck at writing.

Must be hard professing superiority over "weebs" when you lack the capacity to stay consistent for one single post.

I cant think of any good love stories, no. All of them are shitty jrpg games with we love each other because reasons romances. FF6, for example

Well, what "reason" do you need to love?

I really hate fan arts, this was the best one I could find

Or even more bullshit, the anime's version

The western alternative is riding the bull.

2D weebshit>3D cuckolding

If onyl I knew

But I dont know, just putting them togheter and being shy is really lazy writting

Oh shit user, why did you do this.
This was the only game which actually had a kind of decent ending

>Rios is the pitcher, Salem is the catcher

I might catch some flak for this, but I quite enjoyed how the relationship between Liara and Shepard evolved over the 3 games.

The only flaw is that they didnt use the mega spy web thing to be super possesive over shepard.

I was tying to bait someone ITT (Which it kinda did see ) because I was curious how Holla Forums would react to Tharja X Robin since Holla Forums doesn't like to talk about FE Awakening and Fates.

if only
someone made a request and two drawfags fulfilled them

you're not the only one, i used to be a liarafag back on MEG in /vg/ before the exodus

These two melted my heart

the ending that you go evil but stop her from sucking your memories, leaving her alone to face the world, was way better for feels.

stop

This isn't canon, but kinda is

No matter where I go, I find myself surrounded by fucking plebeians.

Noone?
Seriously?

While I don't mind her, Tales fans, at least here anyhow, really don't seem too fond of Colette, and with Tales of Symphonia letting the player influence who is Lloyd's best friend/soulmate (something Tales has rarely done, aside from Xillia 2 having a similar relationship value system), I assume a lot of people opt for other options like Sheena.

Mental Status: Normal

You guys are gonna judge me for this, but Shin-kun's route from Morenatsu is very sweet

I think you meant this one user for Steiner and Vivi

This is probably the only good one i've ever seen

DQV always gets me, especially with the party chat added in the remakes. It's nice because story doesn't end when the hero and whichever bride you choose get together, but instead keeps until their kids are around 10 or so.

My nigga.

I know Tales seems to have a fair amount of fujoshi in the Japanese audience (probably some in the western one as well), but going off new fanart since Zestiria came out, it's like they all came crawling out of the woodwork for that pairing.

Too bad Square and/or whoever they've been using to bring them west seems content to waste money and make them hard to read in English by adding in unnecessary accenting when they bring the series west.

In visual novels.

Tharja X Robin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all other romances in the Fire Emblem series.

Both the SNES and PS2 versions have fan translations.

I'm replaying it SH2 again today, I just left the SH Hospital closed it and found this pic

I'm scared

hella :^)

HectorXEliwood is best Fire Emblem romance.

Fuck Gust

wait, people actually LIKED escha/logy enough to make them their husbando/waifu
there sure are some weird people out there…

>tfw no rosie figure
Kill me

There's quite a bit of it unfortunately