Mount'n n Blade'n

Are mods necessary or can I just play Vanilla Warband fine?

What are your top mods for Warband user?!

single player is fucking boring and endless m8, try multiplayer

I don't want to play it now because I might get bored of the new M&B. Playing DS1 just before the DS3 release was a bad a idea.

Most of the ones people talk about change the formula so much that it makes the game not fun anymore.

I just like the massive commander battles.

Start with diplomacy mod it's basically native + when you get bored of native factions try some bigger mods like Gekokujo, Brytenwalda, Prophesy of Pendor, …

Vanilla is fine but most would probably recommend one of the native expanded mods. I'd download tweakMB and battlesizer though to let you tweak things in any module, native included.

Do you understand the sandbox genre user? It seems like you're mixing it up with mere open world gameplay, an admittedly common mistake.

You just said when he gets bored of the vanilla factions he should try mods. Why recomend him a mod about shitty versions of the nords?

A New Dawn turns the game into a chaotic mess, and comes packaged with most of the better mods like Diplomacy and Freelancer.
The one that takes place in Southeast Asia is fun, too. It's got guns and elephants.

Isn't that the point?
Unless you live in Europe, good fucking luck trying to hit people with your 300 ms swing delay.

Brytenwalda is about dark ages Britannia, you dolt.

There's really no excuse for that.

is Gekokujo actually good or mostly just cosmetic and with Nippon map? Like what are the biggest changes in gameplay?

Its actually good, even if factions lack the diversity of vanilla.

The biggest gameplay changes are lack of shields, little cavalry, and and entirely new siege mechanics with busting down doors.

It's good, but it's mostly cosmetic. The balance of troop types is different because of weaker cavalry and lack of shields, but in the end it just makes AI even easier to exploit. The sieges are the most fun I have had in MB single player though.

guns, no shields, lord armies are usually at least 200-300 men, castle sieges are less of a "kill the people at the end of a ladder" but more fighting on the actual castle grounds
also, you can pretty much roleplay as some lone samurai, i started the game by challenging small groups of bandits all by myself.
going 1v9 with just a katana and actually winning is very satisfying

t. mohamamad

No u

thank you very much i will download and try to eyooooooooooo very honorably or commit sudoku in an honorable fashion

It's like samurai hell. Everyone is doomed to fail again and again but nobody dies.

me tink dat sound likku big trabble

i don wan no trabbu

Butterload is set to release in 2017. It's safe to play Warband.

I remember there being an user-made expansion of sorts for it. I have no idea where it was, or if it was any good whatsoever, but I'll look.