3DS Direct Discussion

Oh boy, Mario Maker on 3DS!
Can't search for games online.
Can't post games online.
Can't play all the same stages as Wii U can.
But you can share stages with streetpass!

Essentially only works right for Japan because nowhere else gets decent Streetpass use.

Oh well, at least there's a classic Wario amiibo coming up. Maybe Axiom Verge.

Are you serious? Because that's pretty shitty.

Yeah, all 3DS gets is sharing stages with Streetpass. The only unique thing it seems to get is a tutorial and sharing incomplete stages.

i was all excited about playing it too, but what's the point if i can only play my own levels.

What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo? The streetpass idea is a dumb concept as well. When they make a system that works for a tiny island, it doesnt work when they expand it to the rest of the world.

And why make Pikmin a platformer? I'm getting Chibi Robo Ziplash vibes.

You can still do the 100 Mario Challenge and Recommended levels.

If a friend has a level they want you to play and you can't physically meet up, tough tits. If you see a level you like online and want to play it, the answer is no.

Don't forget no mystery mushrooms/costumes, one of the best features of Mario Maker

by the same devs as Yoshi's New Island, no less

The only things that got me interested were the 8-bit Link and OoT Link amiibos and what they might do in Zelda U, though it probably won't be anything special

Ever oasis looks pretty fucking cool.

since it was announced at the treehouse though i fear it might have been censored already, hopefully not.

Cant wait to hear the new soundtrack from them

I said it in the last thread but It seems like they are making these easy party games with depth of a puddle to attract an audience that is more suited for mobile games with the NX coming out soon.

Also what the fuck is up with ACTUAL new e-reader cards that came out with the amiibos?

Because it works in Japan, where all the people who make it are located. None of them have any concept of how spread out Americans are. I'm actually trying to think of which company it was (I want to say Capcom with one of the Monster Hunters) actually added online functionality to the Western release of a game because they understood that Streetpass just isn't a good system outside of Japan.

The only thing in the whole Direct that was worth a shit was Picross 3D Round 2, but everyone who wanted to play it already has because it's been out for Japan since last October.

Okay, Ever Oasis looks decent, too.

why not? might be cool.

that is literally the worst thing you can do for mario maker

why?

Also, why the fuck did they keep the same tilesets for a handheld version?
it would actually make things different and necessitate a handheld port for Mario Maker, but instead it's just the same game stripped of several features

You idiots are missing the point. NX runs on Tegra, which is built on ARM architecture. 3DS runs on ARM architecture too. This is Nintendo porting things to that architecture for their last chance to double dip before their unified platform releases. Expect "GOTY" NX versions of every fucking thing like Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors. If Nintendo wants to correct the mistake of having a small and slow library the easiest way to do that is port everything possible with minimal effort for maximum gains.

Source?

None official, but every reliable source has been saying it for months now. Of course Ninty insists on having a 3DS Direct with Wii U scraps instead of saying fucking anything and leaving us all with blue balls.

Do they have anything for NX besides ZeldRim?

They didn't even mention Metroid in the EU Direct. They did mention Zelda's anniversary though. TRIGGERED