The aggression and hatred this current generation has, post cold war, is because they don't live in the shadow of war...

The aggression and hatred this current generation has, post cold war, is because they don't live in the shadow of war. Particularly war. They've grown soft, but also stupid and ignorant with hearts that are hard. Before we believed there's no such thing as a winnable war.

Now we act as if war without the purpose of winning for profit is just the norm, there's been a shift in the minds of the young. And they'll grow up, in circumstances far worse, and make mistakes they'll defend into the next century by the generation after.

wat
my country has been at war for the majority of my life

I'm particularly talking about the first world.

"dude, we need a war to toughen people up" is the type of shit Maddox would write. You're not supposed to think like that past 17.

I never said toughen people up. I said without an implicit thread, and the normalization of violence, the military industrial complex has more or less normalized violence, in a way.

War without reason never ends well in history, down the line

And Maddox would write it ironically.

They have gotten very good at not calling war what it is.

No, the reason this current generation is aggressive and hateful is because this current generation is the most pretentious generation in history and will do anything to protect their self-image of being ultra-witty, (pseudo)intelligent Reddit circlejerkers, or strong, put-upon traditionalists standing up against a world gone wrong on the other side. Unwarranted self-importance is king.

You expressed the problem, not the reasons for the problem.

yes, the USA has been at perpetual war since fucking 2001.

I never suggested they started perpetual war in 2001.

They just can't blame everything on the communists now, and that makes everything a bit of a problem down the line since they need a war without a unified villain.

Far be it from me to agree with someone using a troll flag, but anfem is right. You are missing the cause through all the symptoms. There is nothing inherently wrong with the milennials. They are being held in thrall by the same bullshit consumerism that keeps their parents in perpetual debt.

Switzerland has a remarkable history of maintaining neutrality in wars, and its people didn't end up like OP is describing. Furthermore, OP is hilariously wrong about the current generation not living in the shadow of war given 9/11 and everything that's happened since then. It's just a bunch of meaningless posturing. Whatever the reason why people nowadays are undergoing the most massive case of Dunning-Kruger ever seen, this isn't part of it.

now they blame everything on "terrorists" or "radical islam." if/when that well dries up they'll move onto another official enemy

There are many reasons why, but I think your analysis is more bankrupt. It's basically, "look at the entitled youngins", and not giving a reason for why said yougins be those entitled brats they are.

It's more of a case, particularly in the case of hatred of race or class, the fact that the military industrial complex needs an enemy, and if the enemy is at home, then what else could be?

It is not the SINGULAR reason why things are the way that they are, but your response wasn't indicative of OP's posturing in the first place.

I'm not just shitting on millennials here, because some millennials are pretty based. This board and the overall left movement is made up of mostly millennials. But when you get an awful millennial, they aren't just a little awful. They're the most stomach-turning cunts anyone has ever seen. It's hard to fathom how someone could be that way and in all likelihood there isn't just one factor.

And…? You aren't giving reasons, you're just repeating the mantra of every generation.

I'm a millennial myself. I'm not hating from afar. I know what millennials are like, and this generation as a whole leaves much to be desired. As for what caused this, that's something that could take decades to fully suss out, but my preliminary theory is basically just "fuck normalfags" because this is pure normalfag behavior regardless of generation. It's worse now mostly because millennials have the internet to spew ill-thought-out garbage onto, but more than that, it's because the internet has provided a ready source for anyone who wants to debunk the classcucked, nationalist bullshit that normalfags of all generations love, so they've had to come up with ever-more-ridiculous excuses and behavior patterns to maintain their image of superiority.

You aren't giving legitimate reasons why and you're starting to sound like the stereotypes you're pushing exist. "The internet", is a way to communicate, and is not a reason why everything is going to shit.

It is an accelerant to be sure, but it is not the reason. There are multiple, none of which you suggested.

I did give you a reason: normalfags gonna normal and there's little to nothing that can be done about it because that's the way they've always been. You're nitpicking like a motherfucker.

This is wearing a bit thin. You say there are multiple reasons, refuse to name any of them and accuse anyone else of being a pretentious millennial stereotype? "Normalfags gonna normal" is both irrefutably true and more of a contribution than anything you've said here.

Is one.

Horseshit, Switzerland has a history of being a mercenary slut for the biggest power in Europe, then changing sides once that power starts losing. They are only neutral, because the other European Countries got tired of their shit and forced them into neutrality after the Napoleonic Wars.