What Happened?

Did anyone else play this game? Yeah the AI was bad, but the game was still pretty fun as far as L4D clones go.

Almost 2 weeks after its release everyone stopped playing and it's a shame.

So ITT: we talk about decent games that we like, but still did bad in the long run.

I'm glad I guess?

Item drop system

Did it really die? That's a shame, I thought it looked neat

It died because of you user.

BECAUSE OF YOU

Me and some friends played through all the missions on hard. We had a lot of fun. We were gonna do them all on the two harder difficulties next but our best player was playing with another group and got sick of it cause they kept doing easy missions on hard.

BRING RUINDEATH

*easy missions to grind for items

2 things
shit item drop
lack of new content/characters

It was really fun with friends. The looting system was kinda bugged, but they fixed it a little after release… I guess to late because it was dead by then.

the issue is two things

the devs once the game was "done" in their eyes that was that they couldn't make more money off of the game and simply moved on but still selling maps as dlc and things that would keep the game alive for slightly abit longer

the bigger issue is that the devs didn't remove any kinda modding tools for the game or even the source code so that the community could pick up the slack where they really dropped it hard

both these things on top of every map being rather short like in l4d they're called campaigns because you usually have afew different parts to them, in this though it's just one part

Indeed!
I refused to get No Man's Sky, and look where it ended up

user, will you get pic related? It would seem you have some god like foresight for shitty games.

No

Is this the power of your stand, 「Pocket Veto」?
Imagine the good it can do!

But using it for good is taxing to me. I mean, I'd have to get all the games to make sure they don't die

user has spoken, I won't buy another shitty game again!

You do the math.

Here's my strategy for my infallible foresight for shitty games: I don't buy anything and just pirate everything, has not failed me once.

do you buy games you like?

also, is anyone playing? i would like to start playing again

If I like them a lot. Last game I bought was Dominions 4 a long while ago.

Our Lord and Savior touched it.
It is unclean

Oh and Factorio.

Nah, you'd just have to get the good games. And you know how few there are these days

Consoles might revitalize it. I think it's coming out this month, other than that it's dead just for not being rememberable in any way as far as clones go.

i hope spacehulk deathwing does better, it looks great

You should make a thread for upcoming games to weigh in on them.

Still playing it every now and again. Once Fatshark finally pushes out the console port (why they'd bother porting if the PC version flatlines a month or so after release is beyond me) more updates will probably start getting released again. They're working on another update right now alongside the console port, but it's very obvious where the effort is going given the release date for said update was estimated to be around 3 months ago.

Of course, that's why good games are still played by some people. If it died irredeemably, I probably didn't hear about it

fucking new update better be free, i wont buy any dlc

yeah, it's a free update, minor shit though. just a system that lets you get items guaranteed from something like weekly/daily/etc challenges.

I'm with you on that. I'd play again if the updates were free, But with greedy companies we will see how that goes.

They fixing the autistic AI?

probably not, depends on if you mean Rats or Team AI. Team AI is a probably won't get reworked, Rats is possible in the future

not an advertised feature of the next update to my knowledge, but could be possible