Tree of Savior - ToSG

Dead thread that never had been remade Edition

Tree of Savior is a korean grindan game with cute aesthetics and a variety of classes.
old thread in bump limit: DEAD

New players can get the game trough Steam

Current players register here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRTDc2evOPyTa4Xn5NZt-vO1g-PpFL9eBWGE4S0xwqw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1865303421
For the un-guilded to find fellow un-guildeds. main guild under Cider is full, waiting for someone to get to templar for the extension guild. need to be a templar to start a guild (rank 7 requires hundreds of hours of grindan to reach) and the class is pretty shit so need someone really dedicated to go for this.

Current but hopless templar candidate: GlassArmour PM him in klai for him to get the fuck back to grinding

treeofsavior.com
Game's main site, get the news in there

pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
index of guides/etc to anything worth knowing.

blaster3.net/files/ToS Mechanics.pdf
stats and how they work. Helps out when you need to figure out something kinda specific about the stats. A lot of it can be ignored, but useful when you have stat questions.

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/
Use this for skill building.

for any other DBs, just head to tosbase.

important beginner tips:

Special quests
headgears
docs.google.com/document/d/1POy4XkZVoBwi6i8RW4P3fuMUNWvsgboY88s9bbXx4nQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1

hidden quests (free stats)
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bulb-hidden-quest-and-useful-information-might-have-spoil-bulb/65899

map gimmicks/mini games
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-of-gimmick-rewards/256584

Rank 8 is on its way and info on new classes and class circles can be found here:
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=610

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/content/video/skills/11307.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=1Qme0f_XhmE&list=PLbJaaRnkOjEAQ78voxF5bBwBZa3icx84x&index=6
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=636
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/bxjtaym9r7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also it is recommended that new players add the people on the google doc on their friendlist so that they can be made into the guild faster.

Igti coast is a cakewalk, git gud

I see that guardian buff

im about to drop like 4000 sp pots onto the market

What about the guardian buff doing what its supposed to do?
Are you telling me that Pelt is OP for getting a -25% damage?

Literal mad man

So who is excite for r8? My fletcher is 8 levels away from being able to hit r8 when it releases just need to get lucky with some mavens when i got the time. So going to mergen hard.

my thrusting sword is excite for R8, cant wait to be made into the 2nd biggest dps known to man

I'm also debating if to work on my hoplite to get her to dragoon because i heard dragoon is insane dps in r8.

According to the official forum's interpretation of KToS in R8, Dragoon 2 might just be the top swordie dps with its insane double damage debuffs it can deal to enemies, including bosses, shortly followed by Fencer 3. Doppel 3 just seem to be top mobbing man but actual dps idk. I'm really looking foward to it.

I just like animation of doppel3 and also murmillo. I would just do them for flavor not to be min max faggot.

lancer out fit also llooks great

So I was looking around for Murmillo skills videos and found this tosbase.com/content/video/skills/11307.mp4

That skill hit for 89.5k. That can't be right. wonder whats the damage output of other classes.

Nice music. Goes great with the dancing penguin

For those that wanted to play Mergen. See it in action

Only seemed to be using one mergen skill all the rest i can recognize as fletcher or ranger

I want to believe in this game so badly but I just can't get past the terrible combat. If they fix the combat and make it smooth and increase everyone's run speed a bit then it'll be significantly better. But I don't blame the devs because it was the "fans" fault for pushing them to release an unfinished game and Nexon being jews as usual.

smooth like which game? also if you want to go fast get a chronomancer.

this game looks interesting and the grills look qt

but what's up with the mixed review on steam?

It was really released too early with lots of bugs but they are fixing them up and adding more content now.

It's a pretty long boring grind.
If you like that it's a game, but it's a long slog

I would say it is close to original WoW level of grinding it doesn't take that long if you can do it efficiently. Also they give you team level xp bonus which works off companions so you can gain team levels which makes the grind not so bad. Also if you can get a decent group where you aren't having to watch out all the time or you will die (IT is what happened to me with this maven group i was in) you can put on a movie or music or something during a grind fest. A lot of it though you got quests and daily stuff that can carry you through leveling. It is only at a few parts where you really need to grind.

No I mean the entire game is grinding, like it's an awful grind.
You want to play your class, well sit through however many levels of classes you don't want to play.

You focus too much on the finish line instead of the trip. I generally like to play all the classes to see how they play out. There hasn't really been one class I found is a real drag although I know some of them are more of stepping stone to a more interesting class or are a production class that is for making money. Still if it is boring you can explore other options through alts and by leveling them you make it easier to level your main. You never know you might actually find something fun and switch what character you actually want to play on primarily.

Yeah the problem is the journey for the first… 100 or so levels is a slog.
The combat ranges from Dull to passable, and the game's glitchy as all hell. (also the second worst auction house, but that's not really a thing I care about)

All of the r8 skill vids on tosbase have a ridiculously high damage. Even with 100 attribute and 3k patk, the damage is three times higher than it should be.

You need to look at the numbers to get an idea of the actual damage you'll do.

too busy to read thread

here, have some nostalgia

the first 100 levels can literally be done on AA alone if you're an archer or a dps swordie.

Once you've hit lvl 100 you'll see if your build has any merit because from that point you can start doing missions that teams you with 4 other players and throw you into a serie of objectives.

At level 170 you can see if your build is good enough to solo or you will be stuck doing actual multiplayer in a multiplayer game crazy right?

at level 230 you get thrown mobs with 60k to 160k hp to deal with that can 4hit you if your equip isnt up to notch and if your build is slightly suboptimal you will never be able to kill them fast enough to survive.

Check the fencer webms up there for reference of what a burst dps swordsman looks like. With top tier armor and some buffs you can shrug damage like nothing but if your damage is shit might aswell put a weight on your Z key and take a nap.

Most classes at this point must be played in a party for MUCH better results, usually you get a dps, a support and a tank and you'll be fine. Some roles may overlap, like Fencer being able to DPS and tank a little if properly supported by a Cleric but a Pelt3 can just walk in and hold C with some elementalist wipe out the local area.

Remarkably enough, some early lackluster classes, like Rodelero, really start to make sense in the late game where 200k hp mobs with magic attacks can just eat your face from afar. Suddendly the ability to dodge magic while closing the game to the mage and fucking him up using various disabling abilities really becomes a blessing and give your teammates an easier time to clear the trash and deal with a pacified magic fucker afterward.

yeah a server wide ability to aquire any items at the price of grinding for silver is really a shame. I wish i could just rush the 90 Dungeon forever to maybe get an arde.
If you're complaining about the 30% silver tax, I'd ask you if you noticed any silver inflation in this game, like the problem that plagues most MMOs. Just like the attribute system, it serves as a cash drain to keep silver valuable so that newcomers dont have to buy silver from goldsellers just to buy basic but rare shit.
Such as shame, isnt it?

Aside, if you know what you're doing, you can get to lvl 100 within two days, maybe three

Reminder going chaplain makes you a bot

I really don't know what I'm doing so I nigger-rigged a build based on a combination of other builds I found on the forums. Is this okay? I'm more of a PvE guy and I like playing in parties but I don't want to completely dick my ability to solo. I'm not worried about min-maxing just playability.

Cleric 2;
Heal: 10/10 Max it, since its your only healing skill and does decent damage while leveling until you hit Bokor

Cure: 1/10 - 9/10 Does good damage for early levels, or if you don't want it for damage keep it at 1 for the debuff removal aspect

Safety Zone: 5/10 is good since you're C2, with the C2 passive you can get 30 blocks with 5/10, vs 40 with 5/10

DeProtect Zone; 1/10 or 0/10. Worthless in most
situations.

Fade: 1/5 is all you need.

Priest 1:

Aspersion: Unless you are going Chaplain skip this or just throw leftover points into it.

Monstrance: One point wonder. No more points needed.

Blessing: 5/5 Max it since you are only going Priest 1 and at 3/5 you unlock the passive that lets you add 100 extra damage to it.

Resurrection: 2/5 or 5/5. Either is fine.

I can't speak for Bokor since I never played the class. Mabey someone else can give you some info on the class
Divine Might: 5/5 Like Heal, max it out

oi Cider get yo bitchass in game and add this guy.

Yo Burg here, I'll pick the game back up when the update goes live, hopefully. mother had to get her gallbladder removed and taking care of a grandmother with dementia is always a blast.
I wanted to last month but that shit keeps getting in the way. Then there is the bands of the recent "hurricane" hitting my area.

I'm still about 232 if I remember correctly. Still I can't wait to give you guys good goy discounts on my legitimate squire businesses again.

Look at RMT websites and try to value your own account and its assets. Mine is worth a couple hundred solid.

sure thing, tor user. I'm definitely going to put my account info in some RMT site and nothing bad will ever happen

Thanks Raplesyrup!

oh shit i thought you died bro

we gotta get the band back together

The moment I get enough free time to actually boot the fucking game up and get past character select I'll be on. Of course I'm probably so far behind you guys I'll need to spend a lot of time playing catch up.

Pumpleflaps still give me night terrors.

a-are you lower level than me?
do i finally get a kohai i can do inappropriate things to?
i mean "with"

ded gaem?

I justed wanted to have fun with this game. Why does it run like diarrhea?

I'm 230ish, so unless that screenshot was taken recently. I'm higher.

Any new zones been added? I had to drop the game about a week after they dropped the two extra coastal zones.

Hurr meant to say "If the post was taken recently"

ya they added barha forest a bunch of quests to the lv220+ zones theres TBL GVG r8 coming at end of month or next month guild events are fixed party bugs are fixed saalus has defend quest now monster cards can be equipped and drop from mission bosses now

alot of changes to warriors, you can buy penguin peg from tp store, new tp clothes, there were some special event quests for a few weeks that gave out special items, also dungeons drop more cash now

it pains me to see so much effort gone in such shit tier proportions

I didn't know there was drag queens in iToS.

Seems if lancer wasn't pure cancer he could of carried the team. Also that squore arrest seems OP as fuck for pvp

This Mur's build

Yeah I've seen that build, up to cors, around. Very pvp centered, if not exclusive.

Making Rodelero Great Again.

Hmm won't embed the video i want

watch this one
youtube.com/watch?v=1Qme0f_XhmE&list=PLbJaaRnkOjEAQ78voxF5bBwBZa3icx84x&index=6

PD's Blood Letting shits on Taoist. 1 skill so fucking strong is amazing

Now we get that weird bird companion we saw with all the r8 videos. I wonder what buff it gives?

treeofsavior.com/news/?n=636

All that wasted effort.

Convince me to play this, I keep hearing how the game was a disappointment but I need something to play

its not too bad the only faults really is you can solo 99% of the current game til you get to the really high levels where party grinding is useful
or the occasional mission party/dungeon party you can do daily

just make sure to plan out a build so you don't regret fuck ups later on

And how balanced and buggy is the game? And most importantly, are you guys having fun?

Balance is somewhat there, with different classes being better at different tasks than others. There are a few classes that are so narrowly focused on a specific role they can seem lackluster but most builds can be played with some merit. The game have bugs and they keep adding to them and fixing some but nothing that makes the game unplayable.

Its my 2nd most played game on steam since TF2 and I dont play to stop anytime soon. The fun I'm having really comes from trying different builds and roles with many alts. If you can tolerate the grindy nature of this game I bet you can have fun too

wish I could get my hand of a costume like that one

missing persons report

may respond to offer of karacha dagger

you mean to something like that?

We should be karacha buddies

Strellon here, I am a big fag that's become kind of tired of the game for now.
DON'T FUCKIN KICK ME OR IMMA SHITPOST SO HARD YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BAIT.

Consider yourself kicked.

Fukin kicked

I'm gonna fucking punch you, Infinity, you said we would farm bees.

I dont remember saying that. Bees is so overran with afk sorcerers it is better to do demon prison 2. I don't have time to help you because only got some time before work and rather get my new character to 40.

about time

Complete noob joining here.

I'm gonna add myself to the guild document and stuff. I wonder if I'll ever actually run into any of you.

you might run into Imix or Buch, since they are alt whores.

i now understand why nobody is selling loftem debris in the market.

thank you raplesyrup!

infinity a cute too

That is such an old picture of me.

let it be known

that on this day

i helped instead of get in the way

A long day of high level questing, been a while since we all got togeter! Shame our SHIT TEMPLAR and the LONERS didnt want in.

This week's maintenance brings us a new daily event, craftable x4/x8 xp tomes and some changes to TBL schedules.

The event looks like you pop crystals, gather essences and guess numbers to gain prizes. It can be failed by a wrong guess but one can retry until the reward is given, with a limit of one reward per day and per account.

Also the op Zemyna necklace also seems to be avaliable as a reward and only last 14 days, like in kToS.

With 5 secret reward that could be free TP, 7 days Token and hats, its the best time to come back into the game and get a low effort Token. If anyone wants to play and needs some tips, dont forget to add the people on the Google doc to your friend list!

Seriously fuck these 14 day timed rewards, fucking hate those things.

Fuck yeah, coincides with my break.

i will forever reget that I missed the butterfly bracelet

dont worry, there will be more opportunities for you to miss more items if you dont play :^)

Hmmm feels like there is something missing here.

Citrinu here, I'll finally pay off my internet bill the end of the month,so i'll be back shortly, never quit your wagecuck institute before finding another

missed u buddy

Well here is the proof that your pet can exceed lvl cap.

Oh no my secret is exposed.

Man really liking Zoomy

thats cute

you dont know cute

so I realized I have to push my alchemist to r8 otherwise I'll never make money selling pots since no one will be buying lv10 pots

Well this shouldn't pose a problem for you Imix.

Looking at Squire on tosbase shown me this pic.
Squire 3 is most likely getting a new skill when C3 hits, which isnt unwelcomed.

R8 hits

No idea classes where getting new skills, I'll have to see if any others are getting that treatment.

Also what would you guys recommend at R8 for this build tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/bxjtaym9r7/

I'm looking at Mergen and just switching to a 2h bow after burrowing.

They added this new ability for squires so they aren't rough to level come the r8 update which is soon(?).

Going to make a tank/buff monk. r1 cleric>r1 priest>r2 priest>r2 cleric>r1 monk.

BUT I'm thinking of going r3 priest and coming back for r2 cleric later. I can't decide if I want Stone Skin and lvl 15 Blessing first or Divine Might and lvl 10 Healing. What do you think?

Divine Might and lvl10 Healing would make you very much appreciated in any party, I'd suggest going that route

I had it with my first cleric which I leveled gimp to 70 and lvl 10 heal seemed like it was negligible. For the lvl 50 dungeon at least

You can put off cleric 2 for heal 10 until c5. Heal 10 isn't really necessary until the mid 100's, so you can go Cleric>Priest>Priest2>Priest3>Cleric2 and be perfectly fine, especially since Priest also has mass heal.

This week maintenance comes with some performance boost, changes to Siauliai mission and some minor bug fixes.

The game will be down from 1am to 5am East burger time.

That really rustled my jimmies implying to wait for monk on c6 user. I feel like I'll never do damage.

Is that 3am Pacific burger time?

This game looks extremely cute.
Does it have giant pointy witch hats or mob caps?

It would be 11pm-2am West Burger Time.

Unfortunately not, but with the blue hair dye from an achievement, and the short cut hairstyle in the TP shop, there's still hope for you, Remiliafag

You can go C1>P1>P2>P3>Monk>C2 if you want, shouldn't really matter in the long run.

Can't download the latest patch, keep getting disk write errors and disk space errors when I have plenty of free space.

I just think the hats are cute, I swear

Can't download the update no matter what I do. Always get a disk write error and I only get it when trying to install/update ToS. I've installed several other games to test my drive out and they installed just fine. Have no idea what's going on but looks like I'll be taking a break from the game for a while. Sucks that it happens during an event.

Anyway to get hairdyes and costumes without giving shekels?

grinding events for free tp and eventually buy 1 dye

thats it

dubs helps ease the pain a little

I had no fucking idea that dying makes you drop your gems

only in some places, like the Grand Corridor, Demon Prison or dungeon instances and missions.

Always stash your gems

happened in the secret room off crystal dungeon 3

do they wait for you there? lol

for 1 minute, if not less

Missions not happening

Dude who the fuck ques for mission at your level? I know I stopped doing before I even hit 225.

Doing it for cards and cash. It usually is pretty quick queau other times i did it.

Nice optimizations IMC

That's you (well at least your client failing to load the textures for the ground so not really an optimization thing it is more of a temporary breakdown of texture loading) not them.

You guys still think R8 patch is going to roll out before the end of the month?

Just shitposting to keep the thread alive. It was missing the water effect, and it turned anything underwater green.

Also reminder that cheesewiz is best wiz

You took a circle in psycho?

Where do you see any psycho skills? Look closer.

I thought at 1:16. I admit I don't have every class skill memorized.

this was when I was grinding for the Royal Guard Graveyard set with my Diev iirc.
the cheesewiz looks cuter with FF clothes on

Cheezewiz is so situational it can never be considered best. It is only good for groups of a certain amount of mobs. Bosses you are doing shit damage.

bumping to shamelessly boast about my new weapon

Running into blue mobs and Flare actually taunt so its of use, madness.

Would anyone want a +6 Flamini?