Games you want to see localized

Wondering what this board would want to see localized.

when I say localized i don't mean Digimon cyber story or FE 'localized', I mean as close to the source material as possible (with shit like jokes that only a jap would get changed to be a bit more applicable)

plz no bully

It has to be a word by word exact translation or nothing.

Holla Forums is perfectly fine with Kid Icarus Uprising, and that managed to be both a pretty liberal translation and not deviate too heavily from the source material.

(Checked)
People would lose their shit for this for no good reason.

You want to get a word by word understanding? Learn fucking japanese you human waste

[email protected]/* */ literally just fucking translate the dialogue, leave everything else the exact same, yes even the god awful political Geography of Japan.
I want to see how the fandom reacts to that.

Weebs gonna weeb, unfortunately.

Like, personally I don't care when they take out shit like that in the Yakuza games, so long as they don't cut content like they did with Y3.

Already on it, chief.

Persian video games. They look a bit shit, but one has to wonder what the hell is actually going on.

Come on what the fuck?

Yakuza games are in fucking Japan? What the fuck do you want, some kind of English pun in Japan?

That's not fucking funny.

japanese humor isn't exactly some advanced concept that foreigners can't ever understand no matter what. translating jokes is equally dumb.

yes, because I totally would've gotten what joke they had in place of the reference to 'Hook'

If you don't get it, then don't get it.

What's the big deal?

They even have Call of Duty ripoffs

first person games may be the most creatively devoid and vapid genre known to man

fuck off, patrick B8man.

Oh shit, they even have Batman Arkham Asylum ripoffs.

Back to your containment board >>>/a/

I'm not even mad.

ALl Iranian games are fucking ripoffs. Christ, this is hilarious.

I'd rather not see any games or any media localized but rather translated. How else is there ever going to be a cultural exchange?

Fuck off, avatarfag. Stop posting this shit in every thread.

How dare they indeed, restriction of a joke is censorship.

Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War.

You're a fucking idiot.
"Localization" does not mean "bad localization" by default.
"Translation" is not suddenly a word for "good localization".

You're disrespecting a field of work because you're dumb enough to let the likes of Nintendo's Treehouse convince you that they're doing real localization.

This one is an action-platformer with Mineycrafta crafting elements. I wish I was making this shit up.

I just want to produce my waifu god damn it

I know there is a translation patch, but when emulation on my large TV, I have to choose between not seeing my health and items, or terrible non-upscaled graphics. The translation itself is pretty shit to. Full of bad and broken English.

a lot of people seem to want [email protected]/* */ to come out in the west.

It's bandai, so… I guess you could start a petition? if you really wanted to see it get released stateside.

This reminds me.
ACTIVISION WHAT THE FUCK RELEASE COD ONLINE FROM THE CHINESE ANAL OCCUPATION ALREADY YOU HAVE FUCKING RAVEN WORKING ON IT AND IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD
I CAN'T PLAY WITH 300MS PING AND CHINESE INTERFACE

They're just themed reaction images that people use, like pepe or what have you but the mainstream haven't gotten hold of them yet. First one I've posted all week, no idea why you're so upset about it.

I'd rather have no localization at all than a "good" one.

This

Localization is the process of adapting a product or content to a specific locale or market ("let's replace this cultural reference with something they can grasp" no thanks)

Translation is the process of translating words or text from one language into another.

Glad you found yet again the occasion to call someone a fucking idiot, have a nice rest of your day.

A canceled RPG. I like how the combat music is just some dude riffing on a guitar.

See the problem is licensing shit for the music. Fuck it, they don't have to localize it, in fact don't localize it, just make an English subtitled version available in Nippon and then release it.

For a bunch of autists, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people on Holla Forums who know Japanese.

English subs are a bloody rarity, seems only gundam and DOAX3 get that privilege.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban since it should be an easy thing to do. One case in Japan with the rest taking place in Bongistan. They wouldn't have to lie about much. Keep it all how it's meant to be with it finally being canon in the west that Phoenix is Japanese in some capacity.

What the fuck is the deal with weeb games anyway? You sneak around and scream NYAAH, NYAAAAAH at strangers or what?

the problem is journos screaming pedophilia because you can touch a boobie to the idol's annoyance

no, you're thinking of Mafia games.

Senran Kagura got an English sub, right? And there's stuff that'll trigger far worse than that.

No, you're thinking of TAKE DIS CRACKA, not NYAH.

Ys VIII

All of those girls look the fucking same!

There wasn't anything wrong with that translation. It was the best type of translation. A pure engrish translation. They didn't fuck with it at all.

moon runes are just too much of a shit way to write

Not all localizations are bad. The trouble is that the people who discern what needs to be changed and how in the current era. SJWs learned Japanese, got jobs in the industry, and now they're the ones making the decisions, resulting in shite localizations. If you NEET faggots got off your lazy asses and learned jap, then got jobs to translate instead, you could've stopped this catastrophe and even had the meager power of translating and preserving the spirit in Nip games. You could've been useful for something for once in your worthless lives.

Ciel Nosurge.

Localizations have always been cancer. Just because not every single translation has been utter trash doesn't mean this hasn't been the norm since the beginning. Knowing a language doesn't mean you know how to translate, and you'd be surprised how quickly the motivation to translate things for people fades once you no longer need translations yourself.

no.

A lot of localisations flat out change personalities and character motives, and remove context. Good bait friend.

This shit right here.

Whassamatter with Digimon Cyber Story and FE's localization?

And honestly, localization does imply a hefty amount of rewriting is going to happen. I just want them done by peopel who can actually write, if they are done at all.

You won't get away with this.

she's not your waifu if you won't even learn nipponese for her

It took me a while to realize you meant Fire Emblem.

I still dont know what happened to the Digimon one.

Digimon just needed to be touched up a little. It was too literal to the point where it didn't make sense sometimes.

FE is the opposite case. It had too much re-writing by the localization team.

Well, you know how there's a digimon called bakemon? every instance of monster was translated as bakemon, even when it had nothing to do with the digimon.

Still a good game, just unbelievably bad translation.

I'd love to see more shmups make their way over. There seems to be quite a few on PC but it could always be bigger.

You serious?

Isn't it a translation error? Bakemon(o) is basically monster if it's directly translated.

yep, it's a translation error, but as the game goes on you can really see the translation effort falling apart.

Literally, why?

My favorite part is the removal of the loli's glasses. God forbid she wear such lewd things.

It's what defines her. Now she's nothing.

I'll learn nip, eventually…

So you mean an english translation, not localization. Localization is cancer.

In answer to your question though:
- UPPERS
- Moe Crystal
- Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates
- Reco Love Blue Ocean/Gold Beach
- Criminal Girls 1 & 2 I know they're already out, but they're totally neutered and cucked by NISA. I want them in english without that shit
- Digimon World Next Order
- Killing Bites
- Net High

What's wrong with Cyber Sluts? And FE is a given.

None.

That's better.

I want to see translations; not localizations.

Choose one.

Anyway remember another one.

Or alternatively learn something about Japanese culture, history and entertainment.

But Burgers gonna Burger.

that's not localizing, that's just translating and I never understood why someone would want to change the context of a joke just because they think someone might not understand it. The only scenario i could see it was necessary to change is jokes with homonyms and synonyms. like the joke "why didn't the bicycle cross the road? because it was too tired!" having to be translated into another language

I've got too much games on my hands to wonder about things that are out of my reach. More over, it doesn't even look like people learn jap for something other than fanservice centered games, jrpgs which are trash anyways and vns. Of course there are exceptions like yakuza or something like series based games like gundam or someshit, but still never did I see people make a comprehensive list of non-trash games that are actually games worth learning a language for.
If you know where I could I educated myself on the topic - help me out, because this concept for me looks braindead retarded since there is like uncountable amount of such games on literally every platform and that's only including translated ones.

Cyber Sleuth's translation was competely fine. It had a few minor errors here and there and was very dry, but both were because it was on an extremely small budget on tight deadlines. The localization team didn't fuck with anything, they translated everything faithfully, and they didn't break the game. That's all I ask from a translation, so it gets a thumbs up from me.

Face it, the industry is so shit now that Cyber Sleuth's localization, while completely servicable, is god-tier in comparison to most shit we get nowadays, which is incredibly disgusting.

Yeah, if you want to get vidya semantics with me.

My nigga, but no natsu on that list?

Criminal Girls 1 & 2 I know they're already out, but they're totally neutered and cucked by NISA. I want them in english without that shit

Unfortunately, this will never happen. the games industry doesn't like releasing games twice, unless it's GOTY edition or somesuch.

but still never did I see people make a comprehensive list of non-trash games that are actually games worth learning a language for

personal taste, man. Jap games can be seriously polarizing at times especially if you're not a fan of anime tiddies

Like, i'm a huge fan of konami, Capcom and SEGA before they shat half their IPs into oblivion, so learning the language for Goemon, Sengoku Basara and of course the aforementioned Yakuza series would be worth it to me.
but you may hate goemon, because most of the games are supposed to be comedic, sengoku because it's a DW-like, and yakuza because it's story is as convoluted as MGS sometimes.

Then what do you want to see translated?

I never played cyber story, how bad is its "localisation"?

A lot of mis-used words (Monster being translated as Bakemon), a couple of memes and references (Ganko'omon says "do or do not, Jesmon. there is no try", detective lady mentions trolling, Alt-world girl makes reference to Kamen Rider Den-O but that was in the original)

and the story is hard to follow due to some awful wording and translating (i remember at one point miss detective bringing up that her father was dead, and then asking someone who was going to the precinct to "say hello to dad for me").

I want the second disc translated as well

nice job.

I don't mind anime tiddies or whatever as long as its a great game or a vn for that matter jrpgs and fanservice ones aren't great games. The main point isn't about giving examples, it's about finding out if everyone's tastes are as bad as they seem to be or if I just don't have any right information sources.
Just a simple example on what do I mean.
You feel like you don't have enough games. Good point. And you for some reason have these two choices: buy a new console to get access to lets say hundreds of games or learn japanese to get access to a select few games series of which you are a fan of. See why one of the options is pretty much a no brainer and the other one is a braindead retarded?
Goemon, yakuza, nobunaga's ambition are all understandable choices without the comparison yes, I find dw not worth the mention since I think it's shit, but that's besides the point, but what do you do when it becomes hard to come up with games from the top of your head?
Or in other words, where do you find games worthy of application of your hard earned skill? Because from my point of view there are very very few translated series that have 1 or 2 games locked behind the language barrier compared to japanese only hits. And if it's japanese only hit it's usually jrpg trash or an anime\manga adaptation which is alright if people on boards didn't mainly talk about jrpg trash.

And only now it hit me
Are you dum? :^)

It's passable, but I'd rather have a level of effort put in like Golden Sun. Translate shit, but make it readable. A machine can translate, a machine does not easily get nuances or understand how to link thoughts such that a joke makes sense.